PDA

View Full Version : Devastated

hopefulred
January 30th, 2017, 02:55 PM
As you may know I'm growing out severely damaged hair, iv been babying it for the past 6months hoping to keep it intact under it grew to a decent enough length that I felt comfortable with, to have alll the damage cut off but the last few weeks it has been snapping badly where the hairdressers who ruined it severely overlapped the bleach coming out in clumps, it's been horrific and it's effected me mentally causing depression and anxiety as I know I won't have much left very soon (weeks). and so will have to get it cut to the demarcation line leaving me with 6cm hair, iv never wanted nor like myself with short hair so this is awful. Has anyone had to have their hair cut so short when they didn't choose to do it but had to do it because of severe damage but despise their hair short? If it was to have it chin length or even just below the ear I could cope with that but to be forced to have it cut so short because the hairdresser ruined it is absolutely devastating. Hair is such a part of our identity and my confidence is plummeting at the thought of what has to happen, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I cant wake up from. Those agonising years il have to wait until it's a decent length so I can actually feel attractive feel like an eternity. In need of support and to talk to people who understand

lapushka
January 30th, 2017, 02:57 PM
If it snaps, have you tried upping your moisture? Have you been using too much protein?

And you can always go for a bob. It will get rid of significant damage, but not all of it, but the rest, I am sure, you can baby. :flower: It's what I did when I messed up my hair badly. Both times.

hopefulred
January 30th, 2017, 02:58 PM
As you may know I'm growing out severely damaged hair, iv been babying it for the past 6months hoping to keep it intact under it grew to a decent enough length that I felt comfortable with, to have alll the damage cut off

but the last few weeks it has been snapping badly where the hairdressers who ruined it severely overlapped the bleach coming out in clumps, it's been horrific and it's effected me mentally causing depression and anxiety as I know I won't have much left very soon (weeks). and so will have to get it cut to the demarcation line leaving me with 6cm hair!

iv never wanted nor like myself with short hair (I don't suit it at all)so this is awful. Has anyone had to have their hair cut so short when they didn't choose to do it but had to do it because of severe damage but despise their hair short? If it was to have it chin length or even just below the ear I could cope with that but to be forced to have it cut so short because the hairdresser ruined it is absolutely devastating.

Hair is such a part of our identity and my confidence is plummeting at the thought of what has to happen, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I cant wake up from. Those agonising years il have to wait until it's a decent length so I can actually feel attractive feel like an eternity. In need of support and to talk to people who understand

mizukitty
January 30th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I have definitely been there. However, it was my own fault and I accept responsibility for it, so I don't know what it's like to have a professional cause you this much BS! I would be livid.

When I decided I wanted to go blonde, I already had permanently black dyed hair. Decided I didn't care about the damage, and went ahead with 40 vol and bleached it about 3 times within days. So... don't need to tell you what happened. It just literally disintegrated as I was washing it. Like it dissolved in my hands. My hair was around hip as well, so it was definitely devastating. But then I decided to grab scissors and hack off all the damage, which left me with about chin length hair. Got my boyfriend to even it out, and that was that. Decided to grow it out virgin, and I rocked that short hair until it felt 'normal' (long) again. I did go through a "how to make hair grow faster" phase for a while, but eventually I just accepted it. Forgot about it. And it was all grown out.

You will look amazing with whatever length hair you cut it to, and even though it won't be your preferred length, it will continue to grow! All you can do is take care of your scalp and remaining length, and keep being patient. It's a hiccup in your journey, but it's not the end. Hang in there :flower:

lithostoic
January 30th, 2017, 03:09 PM
Buy a wig!

MudderOfDragunz
January 30th, 2017, 04:44 PM
If it snaps, have you tried upping your moisture? Have you been using too much protein?

And you can always go for a bob. It will get rid of significant damage, but not all of it, but the rest, I am sure, you can baby. :flower: It's what I did when I messed up my hair badly. Both times.

Definitely agree with the bob, or maybe try going up an inch at a time. Sometimes, an inch is enough to get rid of the worst damage and then keep it up in protective styles as it grows. Take vitamins to help with the long term care, and do weekly conditioning treatments.

Chin up! You can do it :)

Hay_jules
January 30th, 2017, 08:40 PM
It wasn't due to damage but I did lose all my hair and had to shave (because it looked like gollum) and it was very much not what I wanted. I understand what you mean about it being part of our identity. It was extremely traumatic for me. But when my hair grew back I was so proud of it. And it grew very quickly. In just a year and a half I had shoulder length hair (no mullet).

Hopefully you can preserve some length as others suggested above.

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2017, 09:26 PM
I am sorry this happened to you :( (((hugs))
It also happened to me!

That said....I would encourage you to ignore whatever damage you can, baby the rest, and only trim as needed when it breaks.... IF it really shows.

In the meantime.... the rest will be growing out each month, and when you do trim you won't be losing as much.

Certainly....I would not go as short as you mentioned, unless the bulk of your hair falls out to that length = ABSOLUTELY AS A LAST RESORT.

Baby it, bling it up with pretty hair accessories and earrings if you wear them, and try not to focus on it.

This will pass, so just focus on the good hair for now rather than the loss. :flowers:

hopefulred
January 30th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Thankyou for your replies. The problem is that it's snapping off where they overlapped the bleach which is 8cm from my scalp so trims won't sort it as it's not the ends breaking off if you see what I mean? So a trim won't do anything to save the length �� and it's coming out in chunks my ponytail is really thin now and more is coming out each day at an alarming rate

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Oh no :(

Hang in as long as you can, then do what you must....and again, BLING IT UP.....with makeup and all.
Maybe even do a safe temporary fun color (ask the girls...I have no clue)....or buy a cute wig as someone suggested.

ANJE the moderator just buzzed and colored her hair; maybe she has some ideas?

There is also a pixie/short hair thread for support as well.

Hang in there....it hurts, but will get better; make the best of it as you can and focus on other things until it passes (((Hugs)))

hopefulred
January 30th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I am sorry this happened to you :( (((hugs))
It also happened to me!

That said....I would encourage you to ignore whatever damage you can, baby the rest, and only trim as needed when it breaks.... IF it really shows.

In the meantime.... the rest will be growing out each month, and when you do trim you won't be losing as much.

Certainly....I would not go as short as you mentioned, unless the bulk of your hair falls out to that length = ABSOLUTELY AS A LAST RESORT.

Baby it, bling it up with pretty hair accessories and earrings if you wear them, and try not to focus on it.

This will pass, so just focus on the good hair for now rather than the loss. :flowers:

That's the problem, over half of it has snapped off over these past few weeks there won't be anything left soon �� Please would you share your experience of what happened to you? What the hairdressers did? What happened to your hair? How you coped with it

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2017, 10:00 PM
My hairdresser was my husband's cousin, and one day she was upset over a family matter and suddenly deviated from my usual cut (short bob).

The hair on the back of my head was shaved (hubby's hair was longer than mine) and the rest she cut into a short wedge.

I was in shock and couldn't stop crying....plus she changed my color and at 33 I looked like I had gray/silver hair.
My neighbor thought I was an old woman from a distance :(

I could do nothing about my cut, so I played up my makeup a bit more around my eyes (mascara/shadow) ...where I was usually natural.

I bought some fun, big earrings....all to change the focus.
The color I had fixed at another salon.....closer to my natural color.

Years later another stylist fried my hair and it turned green and fell off....about a foot of it.
I had to cut to chin from waist; and re-dyed to my natural color....never again did I dye after that :p

You just have to put a smile on and make the best of it....it is hard at first but eventually you feel better.

So instead of watching your hair fall out....get a cute pixie or a wig, bling it up, and remedy what you can; then grow out healthy from there :cheer:

In the grand scheme of things....it is a royal PIA, but not the end of the world.
Cry....make plans.... then move on....you can do it!

There are others here that can help here who have had your damage :cheer:

ETA: Here is that thread I had in mind Any Super-Shorties Out There??? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405)
You will find inspiration and support there.

Rhoward
January 31st, 2017, 12:23 AM
I have had this happen about 10 years ago. I went to a very high end expensive salon and went from medium brown to blonde. They did a great job and the colour was just what I wanted. Fast forward 6 weeks and I'm ready to get my roots touched up. I book in with the same stylist and was expecting the same results. Umm not even close. She overlapped the bleach and left it on too long. My roots were almost white, she put a darker toner on it at the basin to try and even it up, of course didn't admit her mistake to me. I stupidly paid a fortune for it and left. About a week later my hair started snapping where the overlap line was. It was awful, I lost more hair every time I washed my hair. I think I lost about 15% of my hair this way, I had to wear it up for ages to try and hide the 'sticky out bits'.

I used a lot of oils, protein and moisture and just suffered through it. It was years before the short bits blended in enough to not notice them.

It will get better I promise, you're doing your best to take care of it now and your new growth is beautiful :blossom:

Deborah
January 31st, 2017, 12:43 AM
If it were me I would have an inch or two trimmed off to give it a nicer shape and to thicken up the ends a little. It might make you just feel a little better about your hair. Then just enjoy the thicker ends and reassess in a few weeks.

It's not an illness - it's just damaged hair. It will grow in healthy.

mellsss91
January 31st, 2017, 01:14 AM
Keep it up!!

spidermom
January 31st, 2017, 07:01 AM
Yes, it was a perm done one year after a perm. I ended up with a very short pixie, much shorter than I wanted. But you know what - hair grows, and a short pixie quickly becomes longer. Sometimes if you can't change your circumstances, you have to change your attitude. There are cute things you can do with a pixie, plus nothing shows off earrings and makeup better than short hair. Google style ideas and put a smile on your face.

pili
January 31st, 2017, 09:13 AM
I am so sorry this happened to you! I've wrecked my hair a few times and cut it off really short. The worst was last year, after I had made the commitment to grow my hair to my dream length. I went from almost BSL (curly, so almost waist) to not quite touching shoulder length. My hair was snapping off and felt horrible. I cut it off myself since I was completely done with hairstylists. The bleaching that damaged me was a second bleaching. I had done both with the same stylist. Nothing I did could stop the shower of broken hair. I feel your pain.

I was devistated to have to cut it, and actually made myself absent from LHC for a few months until I felt better about it. It may not be what you want to hear, but cutting may be your only option. Try to focus on the positive. It will grow back. It will grow stronger than it is now. A year can make a big difference. (((HUGS)))

spidermom
January 31st, 2017, 10:18 AM
I remember from a different thread that you said you're wearing your hair up most of the time. Visually, as far as your face is concerned, there isn't a lot of difference between hair worn up and hair that is short. I think it would help if you quit telling yourself how awful you are in short hair. There's a short hair style to suit every face shape. Find yours.

Adavidal
January 31st, 2017, 10:22 AM
I'm really really sorry that this happened to you. In high school I bleached my hair myself twice in one weekend and it snapped off so short that I had what was basically a buzz cut. I had maybe half an inch of hair- and I straight up despised it.

I realize how traumatizing having your hair snap off can be. And I know what it's like to hate how your hair looks. I've had many hair tragedies in my day, whether they were damage, bad cuts or awful colors. And you're right, it FREAKING sucks.

But the truth is that your hair doesn't define you or your beauty. Even if you don't feel that short hair suits you, you're still the same person that you were before your hair was damaged. You might not like it, but going into this thinking 'it's going to e years before I'm attractive again' is just setting yourself up for years of self hatred and depression.

Maybe try doing a bob, like the other girls said so you don't have to go quite as short. But if you hair is really snapping off to the point where you have to cut it super duper short- you'll be okay. Get some cute headbands an head scarves, get some cool clips (there are beautiful ones on Etsy). Again, I'm sorry that this happened to you and it's okay to be heartbroken over your hair. But please don't let that define the next couple of years for you.

spidermom
January 31st, 2017, 01:31 PM
I'm really really sorry that this happened to you. In high school I bleached my hair myself twice in one weekend and it snapped off so short that I had what was basically a buzz cut. I had maybe half an inch of hair- and I straight up despised it.

I realize how traumatizing having your hair snap off can be. And I know what it's like to hate how your hair looks. I've had many hair tragedies in my day, whether they were damage, bad cuts or awful colors. And you're right, it FREAKING sucks.

But the truth is that your hair doesn't define you or your beauty. Even if you don't feel that short hair suits you, you're still the same person that you were before your hair was damaged. You might not like it, but going into this thinking 'it's going to e years before I'm attractive again' is just setting yourself up for years of self hatred and depression.

Maybe try doing a bob, like the other girls said so you don't have to go quite as short. But if you hair is really snapping off to the point where you have to cut it super duper short- you'll be okay. Get some cute headbands an head scarves, get some cool clips (there are beautiful ones on Etsy). Again, I'm sorry that this happened to you and it's okay to be heartbroken over your hair. But please don't let that define the next couple of years for you.

This. (said much better than I did)

kidari
January 31st, 2017, 02:40 PM
I have to agree that you could still try to salvage your length by doing huge trims until you get to chin length. Many years ago I had major heat styling damage on color treated hair that was dyed black. It never had any bleach or lightener on it but it did have layers of boxed black dye and on top of that I was washing daily and heat styling daily. It looked like a a complete mess unless I heat styled it until one day it still looked bad even after heat styling it... so I chopped from MBL to about BSL. It looked sooooo much better. About a month later I chopped to APL and then 2-3 months later I chopped to chin. From there I just completely stopped any heat styling or coloring and I kept chopping it to chin every month until all that damage was completely grown out. It was much easier to handle a few major haircuts over a period of 4-6 months and each time it was easier to handle and care for my hair as it needed to be styled less and less. I loved how much healthier and thicker my hair was and how it had shine and bounce without me putting a ton of effort into it. I did miss my long hair but after 2-3 years of growing out my virgin chin length hair that was babied and never treated badly I have to say I had the prettiest hair I ever had in my entire life. Unfortunately, since then I have been coloring and bleaching it so it hasn't been the same. I'm in the long and tedious process of going back to long virgin hair again. I have one inch of virgin regrowth and the rest of my BSL has been bleached and colored so many times. Even with bond multipliers and LHC knowledge my hair is no where near how pretty it was back then. Just think of how much joy you will have when you do grow it out in 2-3 years keeping your hair virgin and taking good care of it!

*ETA*

I just wanted to add that each major haircut brought welcomed joy on my part. I relished the experience and excitement a new drastic haircut brought to me. I focused more on having fresh ends and a fun new style/length than on being sad over losing length or my hair. While it's short, appreciate that it is in a healthier state and focus on all the positive things about having short hair. Play around with makeup looks or clothing styles with the new shorter cut and I remember what I loved about my short bob was that sometimes I could just shampoo and that's it. Finger comb and air dry afterwards and my hair looked great... I loved it.

mellsss91
January 31st, 2017, 02:42 PM
If you want long and Healthy hair. Just dont bleach

Anje
January 31st, 2017, 03:17 PM
What kind of treatments are you doing? I suspect that with enough protein+moisture, you might be able to keep the bulk of your hair from snapping off, and be able to keep growing it longer before cutting the damage off.

I've heard excellent things about the ApHogee 2-step protein treatment for this, though I don't know whether that's available where you are. You might have to use it often, perhaps weekly?

wispe
January 31st, 2017, 03:20 PM
You had previously shown a really cute asymetric bob-type haircut as something you were considering and I think you could definitely go in that direction. You wouldn't have to cut off all the bleached hair immediately; but going shorter would mean you could get a large chunk of that damage off and perhaps what remains will feel good enough to work with while you gradually trim it out. If not, you have another month+ of growth under your belt before you consider going for the full pixie. Start dolling it (and you!) up and rock that fabulous shorter haircut while you have it. You might prefer longer hair, but I hope you can find a way to enjoy your hair at every stage of the journey. Shorter hair is a great opportunity to go all-out on your earrings! Or as someone else mentioned, you can definitely make your makeup the focus of your appearance, rather than you hair. Personally I would also look into different styles you can do with scarves because there's tons of ways to wear one and still look fashionable, and nobody knows how much hair you have under there if you don't want them to. Invest in some beautiful hair-friendly clips if they'll help you style it and feel beautiful. Remember that you are more than your hair and you are beautiful with or without it. Read through the super-shorties thread for support and styling ideas, too. I would try browsing youtube - I bet there are more than a few videos about growing out pixie cuts or damage; maybe they'll be helpful.

LittleQuill
January 31st, 2017, 04:18 PM
I feel your pain too. I had long-ish hair when I was a little younger, (around BSL) and I loved having it. People would comment and tell me it was pretty and so on. It made me feel really good about myself and my appearance, but one day, I had to have a major surgery (it was a traumatic experience), and while recovering, I got really really sick, and my hair was falling out in clumps. In my younger mindset, I thought that if I didn't brush it or touch it, the hair wouldn't fall out. My hair was getting really really thin, and I thought I was gonna end up with bald spots. I stopped caring for it, and it suffered. So much so, that my Mother had to intervene, and she took me to the hairdresser, and they came to the conclusion that it wasn't salvageable, so it was cut to a pixie. I hated it. I thought it looked awful on me, and I missed my long hair so much. I didn't like the way I looked and it put me into a bit of a depression for a while. But, eventually, my health picked back up, and I recovered well and my hair stopped falling out. Once it did, I started growing it out again as soon as I could. It's only been 10 years, and my hair is now the longest I've ever been, and I couldn't be happier.

I know it's not the exact same experience as yours, but I know what it's like to feel out of control, and have your choices over what to do with your body taken away, but sometimes making a sacrifice is the best option. I'm not saying you should go short (if you haven't already), but if you decide to, try not to feel too badly about it. You'll probably hate it, and not want to look at yourself in the mirror everyday, (I know I did) but there are things you can do to make yourself feel better. With short hair, you can basically do anything you want to it, and it's fine. I put colours in mine, and wore pretty headbands with some makeup. My pixie cut was well done. It had layers and everything. It looked good, just not on me. If you have to get it it cut short, know that it's not the end of the world. It'll grow back. It'll take a while, but you'll get there. Don't let something that can change over time define you. People aren't defined by how they look. It's what you do, and how you interact with the world around you that matters. Be glad that you're alive, and that you can do anything if you have the determination for it. I know you love your hair; we all do. All you can do is learn from your mistakes (and the mistakes of others), and try your best to live on to the best of your ability. It's hair. It'll be okay in the end. Look after yourself and your emotions first. Your hair will follow suit eventually. Your own health matters more. :)

*Wednesday*
February 2nd, 2017, 05:33 PM
Hair is such a part of our identity and my confidence is plummeting at the thought of what has to happen, I feel like I'm in a nightmare that I cant wake up from. Those agonising years il have to wait until it's a decent length so I can actually feel attractive feel like an eternity. In need of support and to talk to people who understand

A woman's hair is her crowing glowing. As this famous saying leaped from Scriptural passages itself. 1 Corinth 11:15

That saying has echoed through the ages. It it is correct. It is our crowing glory...We flirt with it. Talk with it. Command with it. Seduce with it. Have fun with it. Be professional with it. A community is made out of it!
What happens when we "cut" it? By will, or not of our own. You know the great thing, hair does grows back. Slow but it makes its way home again. Take that time, as if your hair is a growing babe and nurse it, tenderly. Take the advice here but most of all, love it. Treat it like tender gold. This is what was dealt for this time and season. Be humbled by it. I believe we can all take our hair for granted. I do so myself, at times.

However, if I can leave anything with you, if this can resonate in your spirit...confidence comes from within. It is learnt, not grown from the scalp, but from the spirit. Like a daily prayer, it is a daily practice and a work of patience.

Have peace.

OhSuzi
February 3rd, 2017, 05:36 PM
I don't want to diminish what you're feeling - it is frustrating and upsetting and can knock your confidence - but it will keep growing.

I think you started here just about the same time I did and I remember seeing a post of your natural roots growing through - they were about a cm long to start with and a lovely rich colour. It's been about 4 months since then, so hopefully they've grown a bit more.
If you do have to cut your hair short maybe try to focus on the positives, your hair might look a lot better than you think because there will be no more breakage it will be super healthy, it will be much quicker to grow out all the bleach and get back to your lovely natural colour. Have a good search through short hair cuts maybe you will find one you'd like try or will at least not be so bad. I seem to remember from one pic you have very pretty eyes, pixie cuts are great for bringing out your best features and for showing off dangly earrings.
lots of people are going to notice it and I bet they'll tell you it looks great. Even more people tend to notice and compliment you if you believe in yourself that it looks great.
It may take years to get to princess long, but if you feel ok about chin length it will prob take about 6 months, that may still seem long now but it goes quite quickly.
I chopped hair back to my roots into a cropped shaggy do, then I grew it for 6 months no hair cuts putting up with the floppy, the sticky outy the mega mullet, after 6 months I went to get it neatened into a bob and had it chopped back into a pixie with an overzealous buzz cut. I was sooo upset and frustrated and felt like I had to start back at square one. That's when I joined here so I could rant about it and I did for the first month, but then I just accepted it and looked forward to growth progress and read others hair growth journeys, bought some lovely material head bands, sparkly clips and glitter hair spray and enjoyed it. Well it's now been another 6 months since then. Sometimes I think about hair a lot, sometimes I forget about it for ages. It's a chin/ mid neck length bob that I can put into half up dos now.

From when you first posted you expressed similar fears of your hair being so damaged you'd have to chop it all off. Maybe rather than prolonging the inevitable, and having the weight of that fear hanging over you just get it cut. Like a band aid, have your hair chopped as far back as is necesary to save it and that you think you can cope with now, then the worst is over. The sooner you do it, the sooner healthy hair can just keep growing.

If you do have to get it cut counter balance it with some feel good pampering. Get your nails or make up done too and or buy a new top like a mini makeover. (Cheaper option do your own make up and wear an outfit you already own and feel really good in - even if it's a party dress - what's the point of your fave dress that makes you feel fab hanging in the wardrobe for years waiting for the right occasion - wear it now for you, because you deserve to look and feel great always! ) take a friend with you for moral support or meet her after for coffee make sure you pick a friend who knows how to notice how fab you look and will tell you so!

OhSuzi
February 3rd, 2017, 06:18 PM
I have just seen a pic of your hair in the growing out bleach thread!
1. You really do have very pretty eyes
2. oh my gosh your natural hair has grown so much and it's beautifully shiny and healthy looking
3. The last picture of you fulll face hair tied back looks very similar to a pixie cut any way and it really suits you. Maybe a high angled pixie/ bob, so hair is chopped short at the back where you don't have to notice it, and chopped but but still long at the front.

Vanilla Mint
February 4th, 2017, 12:07 AM
You could wear a wig until your hair was long enough underneath for you to feel comfortable with it. There are a million cute wigs out there, but for some reason, a lot of people will absolutely not consider them as a useful hair option. I, for one, think you could learn to enjoy super short hair. Focus on how soft and shiny your virgin hair is growing in, and appreciate each milestone. Others have suggested earrings, headbands, scarves, and playing up your face...to that, I add LIPSTICK! A bold lip and a pixie are just heaven! I've had my share of hair disasters, too, and I thought I would just fall apart at the seams each time, but I didn't. And I still took selfies, I still got dressed up, and I figured out what works best for each length. Long hair is my most "me" hair, but if for some reason I had to wear a really short length for the rest of my life, I know that I can deal with that now. I think that's what I have taken away most from the past few years of hair adventures.

You WILL be okay. You can learn to feel beautiful again. You ARE beautiful.

cgirl
February 4th, 2017, 04:24 AM
Can you put a top bun and not touch it for a month? Only washing once or twice a week? My heart goes out to you so much. :heart:

Tassledown
February 4th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I'm super sad to hear about your struggles. The growing out period is the worst part when you can't stand the look. I've done it three times, self-inflicted at least, and survived the last one with headscarves, headbands, and trying different products. The bonus, for me, is that my hair is virgin now and all of it has been cared for carefully and with much greater knowledge than before.

If you don't want to do a wig or full cover, getting wide headbands might be a good way to put your hair back, direct focus to your face and jewellery, and forget about it. If you can salvage more of it, that's great, but if you can't - Focus on what you can do for the hair you cut back to, if you do. You'll be able to start over and do better from the start. Either way, your hair is still a work in progress and you can keep coming closer to what you hope for.

hopefulred
February 9th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Thankyou so much for all your replies and support it means a lot and hearing your hair stories makes me feel less alone and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Iv seen the tricologist and she has said that although it is snapping a lot more than it was due to the damage the hairdresser caused (it's mainly snapping where they badly overlapped the bleach) there is some that is stronger which will hopefully stay another 6months until it's long enough to have a nice long pixie/ear length bob so i had it re cut to chin length (just long enough to tie it back) and will get it recut to my chin every 6 weeks to try keep the damage intact so fingers crossed it will last

lapushka
February 9th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Thankyou so much for all your replies and support it means a lot and hearing your hair stories makes me feel less alone and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Iv seen the tricologist and she has said that although it is snapping a lot more than it was due to the damage the hairdresser caused (it's mainly snapping where they badly overlapped the bleach) there is some that is stronger which will hopefully stay another 6months until it's long enough to have a nice long pixie/ear length bob so i had it re cut to chin length (just long enough to tie it back) and will get it recut to my chin every 6 weeks to try keep the damage intact so fingers crossed it will last

Good on you for not going full pixie. Those are hard to grow out. Chin length is easier, at least all the hair is blunt cut.

spidermom
February 9th, 2017, 06:12 PM
I know it's really slow when you're desperately growing out your hair, but in a year it will seem to have gone by really fast.

LongCurlyTress
February 9th, 2017, 07:43 PM
Oh wow Hopefulred! I can really relate to your words and sadness... I completely understand what you are going through like the others who have posted here. I did cut my waist? length hair off into a chin length bob at the line of demarcation in 2010 and hated it but loved having the dyed orangy Feria 5G length gone. Hair grows so slowly so I didn't quite realize the trauma I was going to be in for quite some time. I bought a couple of hair wiglet hairties (the salsaloosa was my favorite) from Ken Paves Hair do- Jessica Simpson-- on wigs dot com and that helped alot to get through those shorter stages.I will never dye my hair again!! The time will pass and your hair will be long again. Just keep saying to yourself that 6 months is on average, 3 inches.... good luck!! Try to put y our hair up everyday so you don't think about it and the time will pass. :blossom: magically! :magic: http://www.voguewigs.com/salsaloosa-dancing-with-the-stars.html

Wavykate
February 10th, 2017, 12:34 PM
I know it may not exactly be helpful but all I can add is that these experiences are here to test us and learn from. I used to dye my naturally ashy light brown/dark blonde hair almost black with box dye! For years I did this and one day I thought I would just grow it all out and the decramation line was just so awful and I remember thinking it feels like a lifetime before my hair will look good (I'd have settled for just normal!!), but that was 2 and a half years ago and now my hair is almost BSL and completely natural! You will reach your goal eventually and you will never touch that bleach again as I will never go near hair dye!!