PDA

View Full Version : feeling bad about my hair

Oberon88
October 22nd, 2008, 07:40 PM
I am not having a really good day, but on top of that, my hair is just awful. I might cut two of three inches off, but I feel like I've worked so hard to get it long that it would be a waste. Or that I'd regret it. Cutting off that amount would make it mostly one length, but I'm afraid I'm doing that because my mom is harassing me to.
I'm really upset, any advice? I've already cut a bit off today and have messed it up.

kschr2004
October 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
I can't see how your hair looks because I don't have access to your profile, but I am sure that it took a long time to get it to your current length. I would think hard before chopping too much off.

Maybe a small trim would help? Anytime I get to the point of no return and think about chopping all of my hair off, I go for the small trim first. So far that has helped me, as I haven't chopped it in a couple of years.

Oskimosa
October 22nd, 2008, 07:55 PM
Aw, I'm so sorry you're feeling down about your hair. FWIW, I think it's beautiful in your albums. I love the layers, that's about how I want mine. REMEMBER--always follow the 2-week rule when making a big decision.

Besides, you're so close to your goal. And don't let your mom make you feel bad about your hair, moms always bug their kids about something ;) I think your hair looks really glamorous. Maybe do an SMT or try some shea butter on the ends?

When you get a handle on what's making you feel down about it, even up the ends.

RavennaNight
October 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM
I just peeked in your album, you don't need to cut! Your hair is really pretty and versatile! Don't let anyone talk it into you otherwise! :flower:

Oberon88
October 22nd, 2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone, I know I won't feel so bad tomorrow, I'm not going to touch it right now....
I'm worried about the little trim I did.

Aisha25
October 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
I say just put it up in bun and forget about it dont even think about hair, that way you dont do something you will regret later.

Katahdin
October 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM
I agree with Ashia25, try wearing it up for two weeks, then see if you still think you need the trim. Although, if you're worried you trimmed unevenly, you could always go to a salon and ask them to even it out (without taking off any more length than necessary).

ChloeDharma
October 23rd, 2008, 06:29 AM
I say just put it up in bun and forget about it dont even think about hair, that way you dont do something you will regret later.

I agree.....never cut when you are emotional about your hair. Don't worry about what you already cut off, the great thing about hair is it grows back. Just keep it up and out of sight for a while then when you are feeling calmer you could as has been suggested go to a salon and get the hem evened up, or look up feye's self trimming technique and do it yourself.
Also never give in to pressure to cut.

Shanarana
October 23rd, 2008, 06:49 AM
We all have days like that......just part of growing out our hair I guess, but it does pass. Just hang in there.

Oberon88
October 23rd, 2008, 07:14 AM
Just woke up and assessed hair situation.
Negatives- A bit uneven
Positives- Looks thicker, and I didn't take that much off.
I am going to take everyone's advice and hide it from myself for a bit, as well as hiding the scissors.