PDA

View Full Version : You can only keep one

Mrstran
January 29th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I thought it would be fun and interesting to share our number one most prize hair possession.
That is, if you could only keep one thing. (oh I just had to throw that in)
Out of everything you have, what is the one thing that you absolutely must have and couldn't survive without?
A certain oil? Or maybe a favorite hair stick? Or perhaps your abilities to master even the toughest up do's?

just for fun :joy:

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 12:17 PM
It would be my very first Etsy hair toy....a small carved rose antler hair fork that I :crush:
I always reach for it because it is light enough for a half up or LWB ponytail...or even a full center held bun, and it has a comfy head curve that makes it very secure.

lapis_lazuli
January 29th, 2017, 12:18 PM
The first, simple hair stick I bought online for my LWBs. I don't need anything too fancy, I use it a lot more than my other ones in fact :)

MidnightMoon
January 29th, 2017, 12:18 PM
My guess is my brush. Can't really tell how I could survive without it. Or perhaps a pair of scissors, because I doubt I would want to hold on to the mess my hair would be without shampoo, hair toys to keep it up, cones to make it silky, oils, ability to braid and the rest of much needed hair related stuff heh

trolleypup
January 29th, 2017, 12:57 PM
One thing.

Fingers, I can do all the things with fingers, and the exact hairstick is irrelevant (I go back and forth between a chopstick and a gutter nail, fergoshsakes).

The single particular tool would be my fine toothed wood comb

or

The single type of tool would be a stick

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 01:11 PM
One thing.

Fingers, I can do all the things with fingers, and the exact hairstick is irrelevant (I go back and forth between a chopstick and a gutter nail, fergoshsakes).

The single particular tool would be my fine toothed wood comb

or

The single type of tool would be a stick

a gutter nail LOL....now there is a 'manly' hair toy :thumbsup:

Akin to the beaded golf tee I occasionally use :wink:
I don't golf, but saw it on Etsy and thought it was a cute idea lol

lapushka
January 29th, 2017, 02:08 PM
One thing? Oh gosh... I can't make up my mind. :lol:

vampyyri
January 29th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Goodness... I'd have to go with my black lotus ficcare. Or the TT that my husband got me for our wedding anniversary. It's hard to choose :lol:

Aunty Miki
January 29th, 2017, 04:52 PM
My hair clip. I just clip and go. Instant protection and glamour all in one! I can't live without it.

trolleypup
January 29th, 2017, 05:34 PM

Akin to the beaded golf tee I occasionally use :wink:
I don't golf, but saw it on Etsy and thought it was a cute idea lol
It still looks like an aluminum nail...after an hour of making it hair friendly. But it really does the job very well!

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 05:39 PM
It still looks like an aluminum nail...after an hour of making it hair friendly. But it really does the job very well!
I wondered about the sharp point :thumbsup:

Robot Ninja
January 29th, 2017, 05:53 PM

That's sexist! I've been trying to find nails I could use as hairsticks for years.
Where would one go about purchasing such a thing? Google is just turning up gutter screws.

ETA: And to answer the OP's questions, my Quattro Starlites set because they hold amazingly well and I can sleep in them.

Aphra
January 29th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Assuming basic shampoo and conditioner are excluded, probably one of my soft hairties - terribly non-LHC I know, but it gives me the greatest versatility of styles at the moment.

trolleypup
January 29th, 2017, 06:25 PM
I wondered about the sharp point :thumbsup:
Less sharp than a ballpoint pen now. However, it IS a point on a chunk of metal and could do some serious puncture damage in the right or wrong situation

That's sexist! I've been trying to find nails I could use as hairsticks for years.
Where would one go about purchasing such a thing? Google is just turning up gutter screws.
These are Aluminum Gutter Spikes from Ace Hardware. Painted in white or natural...one dozen for about US$ 5-10. Or I could toss a few in the mail.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 29th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Lol can I get an extra? I actually need my medicated shampoo xD

Hmmm
I guess when it comes to unnecessary things like hair toys and such, my tangle teezer would probably be the winner. Nothing works like it.

teal
January 29th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Hmmm
I guess when it comes to unnecessary things like hair toys and such, my tangle teezer would probably be the winner. Nothing works like it.

I was going to list a hairtoy until you said this. Yes, I think I'd also choose the Tangle Teezer over all. It's been the best detangling tool I've ever had!

For hairtoys, I'd have a hard time choosing... there's a specific TT that I love more than all my sticks, at least for now. :lol: I also love my antler forks. I also love how the Ficcares hold my hair. So hard to choose...

dvep
January 29th, 2017, 08:03 PM
My Acca Kappa wooden hairbrush!

Garnetgem
January 29th, 2017, 09:27 PM
One thing? Oh gosh... I can't make up my mind. :lol:

Lol not easy is it i mean we see all our products in our mind and kind of panic at having to choose just one!

Garnetgem
January 29th, 2017, 09:30 PM
My plastic comb for combing my hair i have used the same one for the past 28 years its still in good condition..if i ever mislay it i do have a panic moment like break out in a sweat and turn the place upside down to look for it! so yeah its got to be my comb i choose!

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Less sharp than a ballpoint pen now. However, it IS a point on a chunk of metal and could do some serious puncture damage in the right or wrong situation

Oh my ...yes please be careful when wearing them :tmi:

My plastic comb for combing my hair i have used the same one for the past 28 years its still in good condition..if i ever mislay it i do have a panic moment like break out in a sweat and turn the place upside down to look for it! so yeah its got to be my comb i choose!

Wow....28 years; that's amazing :thud:

Garnetgem
January 29th, 2017, 11:02 PM
Wow....28 years; that's amazing :thud: Hi Groovy Granny nice to see you on LHC again :) yep my precious comb Lol long lasting!

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 11:09 PM
Hi Groovy Granny nice to see you on LHC again :) yep my precious comb Lol long lasting!

Thank you :o

Was it a special make of comb....or just your gentle handling?
Still, you'd think after all that time the plastic would get brittle!

Borgessa
January 30th, 2017, 02:36 AM
My hair is sooooo dependent on moisture if I could only use one thing, it prob be a razor to shave it all off, cause its gonna look like utter crap with out my conditioner, oils (seriously who uses just one oil) and sticks/flexi's.

LadyCelestina
January 30th, 2017, 03:19 AM
Shampoo. I'd say conditioner but my scalp would be miserable.

Garnetgem
January 30th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Thank you :o

Was it a special make of comb....or just your gentle handling?
Still, you'd think after all that time the plastic would get brittle!

No not special really no brand name or anything just a normal plastic one,teeth still intact and no damage to them surprisingly as i am not that gentle when i clean it!

nmgdolly
January 30th, 2017, 08:10 AM
My super soft, silver, baby brush. It takes a long time to brush my hair with it, but, it makes my hair shine and never pulls or damages my fragile, fine hair. In fact, a couple of months ago, I went to visit my Grandmother, and was to stay overnight, totally unplanned. I had nothing like deodorant or pjs, however, I got super anxious and concerned when I realized that I did not have my brush with me. lols. Now, I just keep my brush in my purse. :)

Nancy Marie

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2017, 08:33 AM
No not special really no brand name or anything just a normal plastic one,teeth still intact and no damage to them surprisingly as i am not that gentle when i clean it!

Wow, you sure have a treasure there :thumbsup:

Shorty89
January 30th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I think I'd go with my Jeter fork since it hold my hair best, but I'd hate to lose my conditioner.

embee
January 30th, 2017, 10:41 AM
I guess I'd want my Denman brush. I can always use a pencil as a hairstick!

As for long lived combs... I have three Goody wide-tooth plastic combs (2 blacks and a tortoiseshell) that I bought in the 1980s. There was a pink, but it went to live with DD.

restless
January 30th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Coconut oil. Where would I be without it?

hayheadsbird
January 30th, 2017, 11:09 AM
If we're talking zombie apocalypses, then I can deal with dirty hair, and dry, so shampoo and conditioner are out.
Sticks just fall out as my hair gets extra floppy as it gets oily, so a stick would be pointless.
I think it would have to be spin pins.

Mrstran
January 30th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Coconut oil. Where would I be without it?

Ok I must agree with the coconut oil. That is my one absolute must have too!

FallingDarkness
January 30th, 2017, 02:07 PM
My battle axe hair stick. What can I say. It's a battle axe. <3

cgirl
February 1st, 2017, 09:36 PM
Right now it has to be a hair stick. Top bun is the only way it looks good for me growing out a straight perm.