PDA

View Full Version : longer than planned, (quite addictive)

Xan
January 28th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I thought waist would be nice now at tailbone, thinking classic would be a nice goal. Then again knee to floor sounds lovely (long hair addiction) . whos with me lol. funny how goals change.

LadyCelestina
January 29th, 2017, 01:08 AM
:D yes, but often it's just because you've been browsing some threads, like the classic to knee one, or no? :D I also want really long hair when I see the gorgeous pictures, but in reality I have decided a long time ago that somewhere around the butt region ( below hip -bcl- tbl- clsc) would be more than enoiugh for me. But who knows :D

truepeacenik
January 29th, 2017, 02:09 AM
I thought waist would be nice now at tailbone, thinking classic would be a nice goal. Then again knee to floor sounds lovely (long hair addiction) . whos with me lol. funny how goals change.

Hahaha. Welcome to the dark side of LHC.

Mrstran
January 29th, 2017, 08:45 AM
I said the same thing and my goal gradually changed to longer and longer. I've got a hunch that happens a lot around here.
There was a point a few weeks ago that I decided to grow to terminal. However this past week I really really thought about how much I loved TBL. So that's it. My goal is now TBL again. I'll maintain it there.

Goals can go all over the place. How funny. ;)

spidermom
January 29th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I started out with a goal of classic length, which I achieved, but at one point, I even declared my goal to be "as long as it will grow". It was hard to get myself out of that rut, even when long hair became a burden instead of a joy. I'm happy to have much shorter hair now.

lapis_lazuli
January 29th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Oh, yes. I thought I'd be satisfied with TBL but seems I'm in a long-hair frenzy ;) My next goal is knee - I may stop there... who knows!

Lilac Blossoms
January 29th, 2017, 10:14 AM
"As long as I can get it" is my current goal, but then, I'm only at about mid-back length right now. The longest I've ever been able to get it is to waist, but I didn't take fantastic care of it and I'd eventually get bored of it staying the same length, and cut it. I'm being much nicer to it now, and hoping it will return the favor by not stalling out at my waist. Knee would be ideal for me.

hayheadsbird
January 29th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I'm focusing on waist right now, but the idea of classic or fingertip one day...

Groovy Granny
January 29th, 2017, 11:00 AM
As an older woman with silver hair, I thought anything past shoulders was pushing it :p

But once I got on LHC.....I was 'addicted' :wink:

I grew out to waist from chin; that was my first goal, having had it that long back in the 60's.

Then last Winter I hit HIP....the longest I have been in my life :joy:

I cut back to MBL that Spring when I questioned my 'age', and was bothered by the heaviness (headaches).
But I should have waited it out...I eventually found buns that were comfortable :doh: and said :wigtongue to the naysayers.

Now I am at WL+ and only a couple inches from Hip again....and that is where I will stay.
I have a very short torso, so the extra inches give me more working length....and yet it is still at a manageable/comfy length.

Oh yeah...I can see how others grow to such great lengths....and I admire them :thud:

EdG
January 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM
One benefit of being at terminal length is that one never has to worry about how long one's hair should be. ;)
Ed

Arctic
January 29th, 2017, 11:50 AM

Very typical scenario around here! I couldn't help but notice you are one of our longer term members, and often people starting these type of threads are newer members, so I started to wonder (nosy me!) if you are refering to change of mind over a long time period or did this happen just recently, after 11 years of membership? :D

I personally did have this happen when I joined, but then little by little I started to think that I prefere the "real life long" for myself, rather than super long. I realised my biggest motivator is to make different hair styles, and I am happy with a length that allows me to do that. So my goal started to grow backwards again. :p Ha ha! My current somewhat-goal is to get to BSL, this would be my second time, and it's the longest my hair has ever been. I don't think I will want longer than that.

lapushka
January 29th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Goals change sometimes, I guess. But welcome to the LHC madness, Xan. :lol:

lulikrueger
January 29th, 2017, 03:23 PM
My goal got shorter, actually lol I wanted CL until a gew months ago, now I've noticed it might not look that good on me since I'm really really short, so I'll go to at least TBL so I can do a coronet braid, which is the love of my life, Yulia Tymoshenko is goals

LittleQuill
January 29th, 2017, 03:35 PM
I'm a 12 year lurker turned recent member, and that happened to me too. My original goal was waist, but then I got there, and it still seemed short. I'm now hip, aiming for finger-tip. I think that'll be long enough. But then again, who knows? :P

Komao
January 29th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I thought waist would be really nice. When I got there, no way. Way to short. Saw all the folks on here with really long hair and decided quite some time ago that I just love thigh length. The way the hair swings at the thigh is sensual and very appealing to me.
However, I've been here long enough to know that I will probably change my mind. I would like to know what terminal is for me just because I'm curious. When I get to thigh length I may feel that's not long enough. I've learned never say never. I'm enjoying the journey, this forum and my hair is just shy of classic length due to waves and curls. I have a love affair with long hair & always will. :o

Simsy
January 30th, 2017, 05:31 AM
I was fairly set on about classic when I started. While I do occasionally fantasise about knee or floor, I'm honest enough with myself to admit I would probably take a chainsaw to it out of frustration. So the original goal remains current; with the acknowledgement that I will probably forget to trim and end up past classic. I also have this weird thing where my hair doesn't feel or look particularly long to me (nearly TBL) but waist on someone else seems so long and pretty and I really want to play with it...yes I'm weird, no I'm not a hairdresser, yes I realise I should probably look at training as one instead of driving trucks.

But, yes, the sight of all the pretty lengths is enough to have me considering longer lengths even when I know they will be utterly impractical in my life.

pili
January 30th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Started out shooting for TBL, then classic, now I just want to see where terminal is on me before cutting back to something mormanageable like classic to TBL.

abribun
January 30th, 2017, 02:54 PM
My goal length has changed so much despite the fact that I haven't even reached my first goal! At first I wanted to grow it to waist, then I was like hmm hip looks nice. Now I'm thinking tailbone because it looks so gorgeous! I have to wait and see if I can make it to waist first though. Wish me luck!

Dark40
January 30th, 2017, 04:59 PM

I'm with you on that note too! I'm shooting for hip length this year for my goal, and by 2020 I'm hoping to have reached floor length. I also think floor length hair is lovely too! Especially on people like the legend singer, "Crystal Gayle." Well, her hair is actually ankle length. She never let it touch the floor. But she said in an interview that when she's not in her heels her hair touches the floor...lol

AspenSong
January 30th, 2017, 05:00 PM
It happens! My goal was TBL, then Classic, then Knee...Now I'm at calf and looking for floor. haha.

Kellwise Gamgee
January 30th, 2017, 06:59 PM
For sure! My goal was waist, but now that I'm almost there, I'm thinking more like TBL... waist seems way too short! Plus I have fine hair that compresses down in buns- I need MORE!! 😋

Garnetgem
January 30th, 2017, 08:46 PM
My original goal was waist to me then it seemed so long but now it doesn't..i came across a photo of my hair from behind the other day (waist length) and kept thinking how short it looked!

i went on to tail bone length but then decided no i want it classic now...i hit classic last summer and yes you guessed it its not long enough for me now!

then i was like maybe knee length as i have been there before...but i have thoughts maybe floor length like my grand mother had as apparently i have inherited her hair type and colour so maybe i have inherited the length too...i guess its the wondering on how long our hair can make it more than anything..

maybe i am aiming too high as i have metal work holding a twisted spine together so i struggle to wash it as it is but still i will soldier on and try for that long hair my gran had!