PDA

View Full Version : How do you have your hair at bed time?

qwerty
January 28th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I've been growing my hair for 4 months and I use to tie it up in a high ponytail, but I noticed that my hair started to thin on the side of my head, so I've stopped this.

Now I tie it in a low pony, but my hair dresser told me not to do this as it can damage my hair and cause breakage.
I dont know what to do :-( How do other people have their hair for bed?

FennFire911
January 28th, 2017, 01:17 PM
For me, a single English braid and I have a satin pillow case. Dutch and French braids are comfy to sleep in, too.

lapis_lazuli
January 28th, 2017, 01:21 PM
Yes, I'd try to find a different style for bedtime. A lot of people wear a simple braid, that might be worth testing :)

Personally, I leave my hair in the LWB I wear in the day, with a small stick oriented vertically. I've been doing it for a while, and I find it works for me. Only downside is I can't sleep on my back comfortably, but I don't have to deal with it getting in the way of my sleep ;)

Do not worry. You will find what works for you. :)

Cannelle
January 28th, 2017, 01:34 PM
I either wear it in a bun on top of my head held in place by two claw clips or wear it open and throw it over my pillow. As already mentioned, many people on here like to wear a braid. I found that those aren't very protective though, mine always ends up looking wrecked in the morning because it gets stuck under my back.

qwerty
January 28th, 2017, 01:38 PM
I've tried the braid method and my hair looks like a frizzy mess lol.

Kiiruna
January 28th, 2017, 01:41 PM
My hair doesn't like to be braided (it goes into this wild frizzy mess), so I just pile it up in a bun on top of my head.

hayheadsbird
January 28th, 2017, 01:43 PM
If it's been in braids through the day I just leave them in.
Sometimes bunned right on top of my head.
If it's still wet from washing I leave loose or it will still be damp in the morning.

abribun
January 28th, 2017, 01:46 PM
I recommend doing your hair in a lose braid and then wrapping it with a silk or satin scarf! This is what I do. I especially recommend using the silk scarf or pillowcase because I feel like cotton sucks the moisture out of my hair and it seems to damage my hair. Your hair will just glide over the silk if you sleep on it!

Serimel
January 28th, 2017, 02:22 PM
I have my hair in a loose english braid which I wrap around my head and cover with a silk scarf. Usually I still secure the scarf with a knit head band. It might sound too complicated and hot but I actually feel really comfortable this way. I can toss and turn as much as I want without disturbance while my hair is safe in its little nest.

hamilton
January 28th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I also started doing a braid and that seem to really help, though I make it over one shoulder so it doesn't rub on the pillow etc which also makes a big difference.

Chromis
January 28th, 2017, 03:00 PM
Single braid, satin pillowcase. I throw the braid over the pillow, though I toss and turn, so it never stays. Just keeps me from being annoyed by it while trying to fall asleep.

Zesty
January 28th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I throw mine loose over a silk pillowcase. If I'm doing a pre-wash oiling I wear a single English braid. I used to use a silk sleep bonnet as well, and am still of the opinion that it's most protective.

dollhair
January 28th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I always braid mine, sometimes two braids and sometimes one braid. I usually tuck the braids into my pj top and they stay inside it most of the night and don't annoy me. When my hair was shorter than waist length I used to put it in a high bun on my head with a scrunchie and that held it quite well

Sarahlabyrinth
January 28th, 2017, 03:37 PM
I've been growing my hair for 4 months and I use to tie it up in a high ponytail, but I noticed that my hair started to thin on the side of my head, so I've stopped this.

Now I tie it in a low pony, but my hair dresser told me not to do this as it can damage my hair and cause breakage.
I dont know what to do :-( How do other people have their hair for bed?

I wear mine loose but confined in a silk sleeping cap. It looks awful but my hair loves it! I never have tangles in the morning. I bought mine from Adorabellababy on Etsy.

lapushka
January 28th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Mine is loose. I fold it underneath my head. I don't move much in my sleep.

PixieP
January 28th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Cinnabun on top of my head held with a 2-prong fork, inserted so that it points towards my face. I can sleep on my stomach, back and side like this. Sometimes I'll do a french braid with a paranda for braidwaves :) or if I've had a french/dutch braid in the day then I'll just sleep with that. A single braid won't contain my face framing layers, so they are a mess, so I don't do that! I'm a verrrrrry active sleeper XD I move around constantly.

LaísB
January 28th, 2017, 04:14 PM
I usually wear my hair in a braid, but a low and very loose bun is also comfortable, at least for me.

Bea18
January 28th, 2017, 04:25 PM
I vary a lot on my bed hairstyles, I usually go for a low ponytail, some simple braids, even low buns (but i find they can be a little hard to sleep with).

Rowdy
January 28th, 2017, 04:33 PM
I leave mine loose.

Groovy Granny
January 28th, 2017, 05:35 PM
I use a satin pillowcase and tie my hair in a low nape ponytail with a 'no damage' satin/elastic.
It is loose enough to have slight movement as I sleep,but yet is secure; I usually flip my ponytail over the pillow.
There is no tension or damage as far as I can see, and I have fine silver.
My scalp is just too sensitive to secure it any other way for sleeping, and this contains is sufficiently to avoid damage, but is comfy.

Nique1202
January 28th, 2017, 05:48 PM
If any part of my hair is hanging long, I wake up with it strangling or smothering me. I'm a side sleeper and a toss-and-turn fiend, so I wear a cinnabun somewhere either on top of or on the back of my head, held snug with spin pins so that nothing can come loose and jab me in my sleep.

marvel-lover
January 28th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Personally, I love my hair buff for a couple of reasons. 1) my hair is completely contained and I can roll around however much I want without it getting tangled, 2) it's comfortable to sleep with, 3) I can put oil in my hair overnight without it getting all over my pillows and 4) no headaches!

LittleQuill
January 28th, 2017, 06:04 PM
If it's been in braids through the day I just leave them in.
Sometimes bunned right on top of my head.
If it's still wet from washing I leave loose or it will still be damp in the morning.

I do this too, except I found that I can't sleep with wet hair at all. I don't like the way it looks in the morning, and I really hate sleeping with a damp pillow. I don't know how some people do it. Lol.

Saldana
January 28th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Usually in a bun on top of my head, held with claw clips. When it was shorter, I slept with it in either two braids or one french braid, but it's too long for that now, the braid gets underneath me and I get trapped. I'm a pretty mobile sleeper, so on top of my head works best for me.

wo
January 28th, 2017, 06:21 PM
I don't use a pillow so I have a silky scarf spread out on the bed, and my hair is either loose or just gathered by a loose scrunchy at my neck. Any updo or braid would ruin my curls and I only wash once or twice a week, so having it loose or loosely gathered in the back, are the best ways to keep it looking good that I've found.

curlysamantha
January 28th, 2017, 07:18 PM
In a bun held with a clip, or a french braid if I know I wont have time to do anything else in the morning.

Ellethwyn
January 28th, 2017, 07:26 PM
I used to braid it, but now I put it in a loose bun on the top of my head. Sometimes I stay up too late and am so tired that I just drape my hair over my pillow and hope I dont wake up being strangled by my hair.

vampyyri
January 28th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Simple english braid, zero damage on my part (along with a satin pillowcase).

AutobotsAttack
January 28th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Loose damp bun, then my satin bonnet

Deborah
January 28th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Single, low, fairly loose braid, flipped up behind me. I sleep on a silk pillowcase. In bed buns make my head hurt, and I cannot keep any sort of cap on my head. I move around too much I think.

For most of my life I slept with it loose, flipped up behind me, but the braid makes it much easier to detangle in the morning.

Frankenstein
January 28th, 2017, 09:42 PM
I just take the stick/fork/clips out of whatever bun I've been wearing that day and put my satin bonnet on over it.

Dark40
January 28th, 2017, 09:50 PM
I always wear mine in a lose half bun in a scrunchie.

kidari
January 29th, 2017, 06:50 AM
I sleep with it loose if I washed it at night or did a heavy oiling. I make sure all of it is straight over my pillow and it works out fine. Otherwise I sleep in jumbo foam rollers with a scarf wrapped over it to keep everything secure. The rollers I use have a wire in the center so when I bend them they stay in place. There is nothing my hair gets caught in so it's really nice as well as extremely comfortable to sleep in.

Olavi
January 29th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Always single english braid. Not any damage I can pinpoint to braiding. I tried buns too, but they hurt my scalp, so I didn't continue for long.

PixieP
January 29th, 2017, 07:52 AM
I sleep with it loose if I washed it at night or did a heavy oiling. I make sure all of it is straight over my pillow and it works out fine. Otherwise I sleep in jumbo foam rollers with a scarf wrapped over it to keep everything secure. The rollers I use have a wire in the center so when I bend them they stay in place. There is nothing my hair gets caught in so it's really nice as well as extremely comfortable to sleep in.

I envy you for being able to sleep in rollers! A paranda is the only thing I've managed to have in my hair that won't interfere with my sleep.

Hairkay
January 29th, 2017, 08:01 AM
Mine would be in a number or plaits/braids with a satin bonnet on. Any tension is properly distributed and there's no large bumps in one place. There's also minimal chances for the hair to tangle up.

eladriel
January 29th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Either in a french braid or a high bun.

emloco14
January 29th, 2017, 12:26 PM
If I'm being good - I'll braid it or have it in a bun. Otherwise I sleep in a ponytail.

Aunty Miki
January 29th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I throw it over the back of my cotton pillow all loose and comfortable. I tried a satin case but couldnt stand the texture and gave it away. Not a single tangle in the morning, either.

Aunty Miki
January 29th, 2017, 05:28 PM
I do this too, except I found that I can't sleep with wet hair at all. I don't like the way it looks in the morning, and I really hate sleeping with a damp pillow. I don't know how some people do it. Lol.

If it's wet at bedtime, I put a towel on my pillow and drape it up and over the pillow all loose and comfy. Mine's long enough that it doesn't affect the appearance in the morning.

mayfaring
January 29th, 2017, 05:33 PM
Loose English braid or high bun with a scrunchie. I want to get a silk pillowcase soon.

AspenSong
January 29th, 2017, 05:54 PM
I sleep in a satin sleep cap. I loosely put my hair in a bee-butt bun and put the cap on, and then shake my head to make the bun loosen up and unfurl a bit. It ends up being loosely coiled and resting in the sleep cap, no pulling or anything.

kidari
January 29th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I envy you for being able to sleep in rollers! A paranda is the only thing I've managed to have in my hair that won't interfere with my sleep.

seriously try the ones I use... you might be able to sleep in them too! I found them from a YouTube video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BugMkSkCYLQ

Here is the link: http://www.JumboCurlers.com

(I am not affiliated in any way)

zashin66
January 30th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Simple english braid, zero damage on my part (along with a satin pillowcase).

My braid is too thick and it's like sleeping on a log:justy: very uncomfortable....... I like two English braids since the hair gets split up into two but then the ends get abused and dry out, break off.....

PixieP
January 30th, 2017, 06:59 AM
seriously try the ones I use... you might be able to sleep in them too! I found them from a YouTube video:

Here is the link: http://www.JumboCurlers.com

(I am not affiliated in any way)

Thanks! Those actually look okay, I might give them a try :)

gracenotes
January 30th, 2017, 07:09 AM
I used to keep mine braided, but realized that I actually get fewer tangles and less friction damage if I leave it loose. I toss and turn a lot, so a braid always ends up getting stuck right underneath me, whereas it seems to stay out of the way if I leave it loose and fling it over my pillow.

griffindoor
January 30th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Down :) When I had long hair I would usually leave it down as well, or sometimes I would have my sister or mom put it in a braid.

kidari
January 30th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Thanks! Those actually look okay, I might give them a try :)

You're very welcome- I hope it works out great for you!

mellsss91
January 30th, 2017, 01:35 PM
In a braid! Sometimes loose if i'm lazy :p

Tosca
January 30th, 2017, 03:42 PM
Loose and flipped up over my pillow. I tried plaiting it and found it created more tangles near my scalp.

MudderOfDragunz
January 30th, 2017, 04:48 PM
I do a very, very, loose high bun. Basically loose enough to almost fall out by the morning and I also use a satin pillow which has been a major hair saver.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 31st, 2017, 01:09 AM
Either a high top bun held with a fork or loose. I can't do braids, they make my neck itchy lol

emptyque
January 31st, 2017, 09:10 AM
Since my hair is short, ponytail is the only style I can do. I put it in a loose scrunchie. Sometimes the scrunchie falls out by the end of the night, but it still keeps my hair neater than going to bed with it loose.

Agnes Hannah
February 1st, 2017, 02:38 PM
Side English plait unfinished. Silk sleep cap and silk pillow case, both made by me. I'm a finey and this works for me, minimal splits, minimal knots

Beatrixity
February 1st, 2017, 08:09 PM
Pigtail braids and silk pillowcase. :)

Kae612
February 1st, 2017, 08:29 PM
Most of the time I leave my hair loose over my pillow.

I toss and turn enough that any kind of loose english braids turn into fuzzy knotted matts by morning. I tried that a couple times, never again, although lots of people swear by it.

The only braids I can sleep in are two dutch braids set directly behind my ears, not too tight and not too loose either. Sometimes I will wear those during the day and leave them in at night and then they still look alright for the next day. They also give me a braid wave pattern I like.

If I have a lot of oil in my hair, I can occasionally make a cinnabun with two very large claw clips on top of my head so that it's supported by the pillow and doesn't pull. But it doesn't always work out and I'll just wear it loose and then wash my pillowcase and face in the morning.

But if I do any sleeping style like this too often I get a sore neck and sometimes it can give me headaches, so for comfort and lack of tension on my scalp, loose is best for me. It does occasionally get everywhere, but I've never had loose hair wake me up because it's pulling. I'm sure it's not good for it the times parts get scrunched behind my back though, so I'm sure it's not ideal...

pili
February 2nd, 2017, 08:49 AM
I wear a loose cinnamon bun right on top of my head. Due to my copious layers I have to hold it with a scrunchy and two claw clips. This keeps my ends protected. I also have a satin pillowcase. That has done wonders for my hair. I hadn't realized how much moisture cotton was sucking out of my hair and skin. I sleep on my side and tend to roll around. Braids wake my up because I have to move them out of the way.

Mrstran
February 2nd, 2017, 09:32 AM
I use to keep it wrapped in a satin scarf. Then I purchased a satin pillowcase, so now I just lay my hair loose up over my pillow.
Being that I'm at APL, this works well for the time being.

Later, braiding will be a must I suppose.

StartingAt35
February 2nd, 2017, 09:42 AM
Usually two low braided pigtails, and possibly in the future double french braids. It's basically the only things that work. Other things just seem to turn my hair into a tangly mess. When my hair's longer I might be able to wear a top bun, but I'm not sure.

DarkChocolate
February 2nd, 2017, 11:34 AM
Bun on top of my head.

Platzhalter
February 3rd, 2017, 08:33 AM
Either down or or in a "flipped-over" braid with oil... usually depends on my personal laziness ;)

Aidin
February 3rd, 2017, 12:53 PM
I sleep with a loose bun on top of my head with a satin bonnet or pillowcase, depending on the temperature.

*Wednesday*
February 3rd, 2017, 05:46 PM
I wear my mine in a bun, loose with a scrunchy and sometimes braided. I have very "light" hair and I don't always want the crimp a braid gives.
When I take my hair down from the loose bun, requires little handling on my part. I am considering the sleeping cap these days.

Kae612
February 3rd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Loose damp bun, then my satin bonnet

I'm curious, where did you find a bonnet? was it terribly expensive? all of the ones I've seen are well over $50 and don't look like they hold much hair. My hair isn't terribly long but I've yet to find a shower cap that contains it all, so looking at bonnets that look quite small to me I'm not sold on the investment. But you and several other ppl I've seen around LHC mention that the sleep bonnet has helped with damage, so I'm curious how you've found it?

zashin66
February 3rd, 2017, 11:11 PM
Found a nice 5 in polished hair fork that is wonderful. So I am officially changing to satin pillowcase from dollarstore and bun with hair fork for a while. :):lala:

adrenaline
February 4th, 2017, 03:12 AM
sometimes a bun, sometimes english braid :o both hairstyles have disadvantages ... uuhhhmmm.... now, thinking about it, i come to the conclusion that the braid has more advantages :D

Lisa-K
February 4th, 2017, 03:18 AM
I put them in two simple braids. I have tried everything: alls kinds of buns, one single braid, my hair always ends up a mess by the next morning. The only thing that didn't come loose was a top bun, but that created weird kinks on top of my haid by the next morning. Putting them in two braids is the only method that seems to work for me. The braids are still neat come morning, they're not tangled at all, and the top of my head looks perfect. I'm not crazy about the waves it creates, though. The only positive thing about the waves is that they create extra volume, making my hair look fuller than it really is. When I put it in a single side braid during the day, I do notice that my single braid is significantly thicker than when I haven't put my hair in two braids the night before. I'm still trying to figure out a method that keeps my hair wave-free, yet neat during the night.

Groovy Granny
February 28th, 2017, 09:40 AM
For the longest time I wore a low/loose/nape ponytail and would flip it over my pillow.
Now suddenly it is getting caught under my shoulders with the extra length/weight @ Hip.

I tried a braid 2 nights ago and it worked very well; very comfy, stayed out of the way, and left me with soft waves.

Last night I decided to try a loose ponytail/cinnamon bun top knot secured with a spin pin and silk tie for use in the Summer heat.
It was super comfy, stayed great until this morning, and didn't affect my wave pattern that I could see.
It also gave me a nice lift to my scalp hair, that I can see helping to stretch washes.

However it caused:

1) Scalp sensitivity that lasted an hour or so; felt like my hair was still standing upright at the roots.

It was a passing discomfort,but is still a concern because I have a sensitive scalp.

2) All my new growth is standing out straight like Einstein :p

That takes time to tame before going out...IF I can remedy it.... so a no-go for days with plans.

I am thinking this may not be a good solution for me all things considered, for Summertime use.

Possibly my braid FLIPPED and secured at the top with a spin pin will work :hmm:

ETA: will use a small barrette; spin pin didn't work....and my scalp still hurts from last night's top knot :headache:
(I am still using a satin pillowcase)

Mildred
February 28th, 2017, 09:43 AM
I always wear mine in a dutch braid. It's comfy, and I love the waves it makes!!

Groovy Granny
February 28th, 2017, 10:31 AM
I always wear mine in a dutch braid. It's comfy, and I love the waves it makes!!

I must remember to try a DUTCH braid; never learned that one :o
Though on second thought... my fine silver tangles terribly with a French Braid these days and I avoid it ...so I'll see :(

I'll have to remember to do Torrin Paige's 'Faux French braid',but for sleep it may not be as comfy as the lower nape English :hmm:

phoenixred
February 28th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Just a simple braid with a soft hairband. My hair is only just past shoulder length so it's not a very long braid!

phoenixred
February 28th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Just a simple braid. My hair is only just past shoulder length, so it's not a very long braid...yet!

Islandgrrl
February 28th, 2017, 11:30 AM
Piled on top of my head and secured with an old ficcare.

Kae612
February 28th, 2017, 07:02 PM
lately my hair's been too oily to have all over the place so I did a low loose pony with three scrunchies along the length. It's been pretty good. Fewer neck cramps than sleeping with braids, though not as comfy as down.

Reyesuela
February 28th, 2017, 07:55 PM
I USED TO flop my hair between my headboard and mattress. Now I realized how much damage friction does, and no more of that! (I realized it after how much better my hair got when I wore it up all the time.) I tried to tie my hair up in a scarf, but I'm a sleep Houdini, so I'm getting what's basically a do-rag for exercise now. I'm the whitest girl to ever wear a do-rag, I think.

When I wear my hair up or in a braid, I break it in my sleep. :( I toss and turn and don't realize I'm tearing it out.

genlilliana
March 1st, 2017, 01:22 PM
Loose bun secured with a silk scrunchie. I also braid it on the side sometimes (same scrunchie) or pineapple it. I am not able to pineapple it much anymore - it's so long! I also sleep with a satin pillowcase which has helped me tremendously. Silk or satin are very kind to hair...

ReadingRenee
March 1st, 2017, 01:38 PM
I have tried several methods but so far the only one that really works for me is loose. Any kind of braid seems to cause me a stiff neck in the morning as it comes around to the side and I end up cricking my neck sleeping on it.

Any kind of loose bun on top of my head either causes breakage because I move around a lot at night, or it causes major scalp soreness the next day. Currently I have a silk pillowcase and I lay on my side, then scoop all my hair to rest over the shoulder I am not laying on. It seems to work and I am pretty sure I do that even in my sleep because I wake up with barely tangled hair. Of course my hair is just skimming BSL so who knows what I will need to do at greater lengths.

likelikepenny
March 1st, 2017, 02:10 PM
A scrunchy bun with a satin bonnet

- Lizzy -
March 1st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Depends. Mostly a messy bun but sometimes a braid. Never down because my neck gets really hot if even a little hair is touching it :steam

Lauraes
March 1st, 2017, 04:24 PM
I english braid it and stick in a satin sleep cap. My hair is so fine that even with the sleep cap, it tangles if I don't braid it.

rosey4exclaim
March 1st, 2017, 04:36 PM
I put mine in a satin sleep cap, which I made myself. I just bunch it up and put it in there (it settles at the base of my head), but I may have to do a loose top knot first once it gets longer. Here's the video tutorial I used to make it. (https://youtu.be/O8Se5q8XH6Y)

Rebel Rebel
March 1st, 2017, 04:39 PM
Superfine hair here. I also braid and use silk pillowcases. I've noticed a great benefit to my hair by doing this for the last couple of years. I'm awaiting the arrival of my first silk sleep cap...I can't wait!

Katia_k
March 1st, 2017, 09:00 PM
I've been experimenting lately. My hair really seems to like to be braided at night, and I get good braid waves on the length, but it seems to flatten the back of my head, so my curls/waves significantly decrease in a super obvious and dorky looking way right around my ears. A french braid might remedy this, I just never think of it early enough in the evening to be awake enough to do it.

I've also tried the pineapple, but I'm always afraid buns and pineapples give me breakage, even if they tend to leave the best hair the next morning. May just need to try new methods of securing them, maybe spin pins or something. I'm a super light sleeper, so it's been a rough experimentation period...hopefully some good results come out of it.

Fia
March 2nd, 2017, 04:38 AM
Braid down the back at the moment. Will likely give a satin cap (with braid inside) a go once I grow longer as I hate waking up by having the braid trapped under my body and yanking the head back when I move.

missbexy
March 2nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
I usually just have mine in a braid. I like using my satin pillow case, ideally, but as I only have one I can end end up with it lost in the wash for a while. If I sleep with my hair down it just ends up under/tangle round myself, my partner or the baby. I think a bun would probably be better but I've never gotten the hang of putting it in a bun that doesn't feel uncomfortable when I lie down.

Reyesuela
March 2nd, 2017, 12:54 PM
I've been able to try my Dri-Sweat Flex Active Wear Bandana. It looked like a do-rag in the picture because of the way the ends fall, but it is actually bandana-shaped. It stays on better than any scarf I've tried. The fabric that the hair-container is made of doesn't actually matter that much. What matters is that it prevents friction from the hairs against fabric or against each other. This does that well. I have such slippery hair that I still can lose it in the night, so I'm getting a silk pillowcase to reduce friction between the bandana and the pillow, so it won't get pulled off.

florafox
March 6th, 2017, 06:14 PM
I sleep with my hair in a low loose loop bun that is secured with a satin scrunchie. I also wear a satin scarf on top of that because I like my hair compressed and neat in the morning. I don't like any of my natural or added hair oils on my pillowcase because I don't want acne. I have fine delicate hair.

Kae612
March 7th, 2017, 03:00 AM
I've been tossing so much in my sleep that I feel like I'm destroying my hair! I keep waking up to it lumped behind my neck in a huge clump. I'm moving off my pillow in my sleep so I don't think a silk case would help.... but everything that isn't down hurts!

pili
March 7th, 2017, 09:21 PM
I'm starting to think that I have to have loose hair for sleep. My neck is not happy with my sleep bun lately.

restless
March 7th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I put it in a lazy wrap bun and secure it with a simple Quattro fork. Ive tried securing it with mini claw clips and spin pins in the past, but they made the bun feel heavy and it pulled. The fork keeps the bun close to the scalp and usually stays in all night, so Im quite happy with this solution.

solocricket
March 7th, 2017, 11:20 PM
I've been switching between a high, messy bun (held with hair ties) and a French braid. The bun used to be my go-to, but I'm a little afraid of damage now. But the braid is pretty short (I'm a couple inches past CBL) and the ends poke me in the neck haha.

CayAsh
March 7th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I usually do a loose braid and use a satin pillowcase. It seems to do just fine unless the DBF accidentally undoes it and I wake up to him trying to rebraid my hair :lol:

ArtificiallyRed
March 8th, 2017, 12:38 PM
I used to just do an English braid, but the shorter sections at the front are just too short to stay in it and they would get greasy because they would get in my face while I slept and get covered in moisturizer. Yesterday I fixed my French braid method and slept in one last night - It's lasted perfectly (with a bit of frizz) until 7pm today, I'm only taking it out now to re-do it for sleeping tonight!

Kikyou
March 8th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Sometimes I braid it (english, dutch or french), sometimes I do a bun just above my forehead with a claw clip, but usually I just wear it down and throw it over the pillow. I'm a steady sleeper and I turn rarely. When I do, I'm half awake so I reposition my hair if needed. I don't get any tangles from it.

melesine
March 8th, 2017, 04:15 PM
I either put it up in a pineapple or a bun.

lizardspots
March 8th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I do a top knot. I used to wear an english braid, but I find my hair's getting long enough that it winds around me in my sleep. I am a very restless sleeper.

lithostoic
March 8th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Depends on how close to wash day!

languagenut
March 9th, 2017, 12:15 AM
I just do an English braid. If I have my hair in two braids that day, I just leave it like that. I don't do French or Dutch braids for sleeping because that's too much work when I'm trying to get to bed. And I don't do a bun because if it's high it's uncomfortable for my scalp and if it's low it's in my way (I roll around a lot in bed). I don't have a silk pillowcase or sleep bonnet. My hair is messy in the morning, but less tangled than before I was braiding it. To me, expecting to wake up with my hair not messy would be like expecting to wake up with fresh breath, a thing that would never even occur to me... but I guess it's different for some people.

Synester
March 9th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I wear my hair loose, but I am a steady stomach sleeper so im not really sleeping "on" my hair. rarely ill turn to the side but never on my back. My hair is extremely fine and fragile so wearing it in a bun would cause damage and a breakage halo for me. Im going to buy a silk sleeping cap soon to wear to bed everynight instead of a style.

sarahthegemini
March 9th, 2017, 10:23 AM
I just wear mine loose/down.

vpatt
March 9th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Sometimes loose, once in a while a high pony, but mostly like my siggy pic. But sadly it is never neat enough to wear out the next day.

Siri
March 10th, 2017, 01:17 AM
I wear mine in two braids either or a bun using a couple barretts.

PixieP
March 11th, 2017, 04:56 AM
For some reason my fork has suddenly started falling out of my cinnabun at night! So now it's a topknot LWB.

Arctic
March 11th, 2017, 05:30 AM
I could never imagine sleeping with a fork, it would feel downright dangerous as I move around lot. Even if the fork would stay like a rock it would feel dangerous which in turn might disturb my sleep. I like to sleep with my hair loose the most, but due to topical medication I have needed to start putting my hair up during the nights. I either make a high bun (I vary the bun type, often it's cinna, flipped cinna, modified LWB or what I think is nautilus or similar) or folded braid (usually a side braid folded horizontally) then I put on a pin up/rosie the riveter style scarf. I usually secure my sleep buns with spin pins.

ephemeri
March 11th, 2017, 06:32 AM
I like to sleep with my hair loose on a satin pillowcase but the past few days I've noticed I'm waking up with it smothering me. I might be getting to a length where I need to re-think this. I'd like to use a sleep bonnet but sometimes having something on my head is enough to give me insomnia (I can't sleep with henna overnight)...

Yarrow
March 11th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I tuck mine in a sleep cap.
or braid it into Heidi braids.
or bun it in the front at collar bone level with a hairgami thing.
or if im really exhaused just have it in a braid.

Jessicattiva
March 11th, 2017, 10:54 AM
I just started to sleep on it dry, not wet, though I still sleep with it loose. Trying to reform my bad habits since I am struggling with damage.

How many people use satin sheets as well as satin pillowcases once their hair gets a little longer? Does it make more sense to try wrapping it?

vpatt
March 11th, 2017, 11:44 AM
For some reason my fork has suddenly started falling out of my cinnabun at night! So now it's a topknot LWB.

I tried your signature braid and it flopped, sigh. Any tips?

**I hope this doesn't come thru twice.

***ergh! I meant to put this in one of the braiding threads, sorry.

PixieP
March 11th, 2017, 03:31 PM
I could never imagine sleeping with a fork, it would feel downright dangerous as I move around lot. Even if the fork would stay like a rock it would feel dangerous which in turn might disturb my sleep. I like to sleep with my hair loose the most, but due to topical medication I have needed to start putting my hair up during the nights. I either make a high bun (I vary the bun type, often it's cinna, flipped cinna, modified LWB or what I think is nautilus or similar) or folded braid (usually a side braid folded horizontally) then I put on a pin up/rosie the riveter style scarf. I usually secure my sleep buns with spin pins.

My fork is a small aliminium 2-prong, so I don't worry about it breaking, when it falls out it falls on the other side of the pillow since I sleep with a topknot so it doesn't hurt me :P But except for my cinnabun suddenly failing me the last two weeks it's been super secure. And I rotate continiously while sleeping, I'm a very active sleeper :P

I tried your signature braid and it flopped, sigh. Any tips?

**I hope this doesn't come thru twice.

***ergh! I meant to put this in one of the braiding threads, sorry.

No worries, I can answer here (and you can PM me if you need more help). Did you remember to twist the opposite way? Just keep on trying and you'll get it! I still sometimes need to do it 2 or 3 times before I get it right, and I usually always pin the nape because I have a low hairline and it gets a bit loose and weird there.

vpatt
March 11th, 2017, 06:37 PM
My fork is a small aliminium 2-prong, so I don't worry about it breaking, when it falls out it falls on the other side of the pillow since I sleep with a topknot so it doesn't hurt me :P But except for my cinnabun suddenly failing me the last two weeks it's been super secure. And I rotate continiously while sleeping, I'm a very active sleeper :P

No worries, I can answer here (and you can PM me if you need more help). Did you remember to twist the opposite way? Just keep on trying and you'll get it! I still sometimes need to do it 2 or 3 times before I get it right, and I usually always pin the nape because I have a low hairline and it gets a bit loose and weird there.

Thank you! I think I twisted the opposite way, but I could have switched mid stream, lol. I will keep practicing.

ExpectoPatronum
March 12th, 2017, 01:10 AM
I usually sleep with it in a high bun or pineapple on the top of my head. I have curly hair and that style best preserves the curl for me.

missbexy
March 15th, 2017, 06:04 AM
How many people use satin sheets as well as satin pillowcases once their hair gets a little longer? Does it make more sense to try wrapping it?

I would sleep with satin sheets, mainly just because I love them, but my partner doesn't like them. I've never actually tried wrapping my hair, I'm starting to wonder if I should try just to see if it keeps it out way a bit better.

tiffxcii
March 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
I recommend doing your hair in a lose braid and then wrapping it with a silk or satin scarf! This is what I do. I especially recommend using the silk scarf or pillowcase because I feel like cotton sucks the moisture out of my hair and it seems to damage my hair. Your hair will just glide over the silk if you sleep on it!

:bounce: This is such a great idea. I normally sleep with a braid in my hair but it tends to bother my while I'm sleeping. I started doing pig tail braids and it helped with my back but didn't help with the frizz. I'm going to add a silk scarf to my bed time routine.

Aredhel
March 15th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Usually a high loose fork bun of some kind.

Vanilla
March 15th, 2017, 05:49 PM
I either put my hair in a sleep cap loose or I braid it and tie it off with a silk scrunchie. Usually the silk cap is only for the first evening after washing, and then I braid for the next two nights.

My scalp gets pretty oily when I wear the sleep cap to bed every night, and I really dislike using dry shampoo.

Of the Fae
March 16th, 2017, 03:17 AM
Just a simple loose braid. I tried buns, but they get uncomfortable or fall out. Sleeping caps fall off or itch :P
I couldn't sleep with my hair loose because it results in tangle Armageddon

ArienEllariel
March 22nd, 2017, 01:22 PM
I've been doing a side braid. Seems the most comfy and while it does try to scrunch up on itself because I toss and turn, it seems to keep it the least tangled by the time I get up.

Wendyp
February 10th, 2018, 07:25 PM
How important are silk pillow cases? Do regular ones really cause damage? Anyone noticed a big difference?

Groovy Granny
February 10th, 2018, 10:14 PM
February 28th, 2017, 11:40 AM

For the longest time I wore a low/loose/nape ponytail and would flip it over my pillow.
Now suddenly it is getting caught under my shoulders with the extra length/weight @ Hip.

I tried a braid 2 nights ago and it worked very well; very comfy, stayed out of the way, and left me with soft waves.

Last night I decided to try a loose ponytail/cinnamon bun top knot secured with a spin pin and silk tie for use in the Summer heat.
It was super comfy, stayed great until this morning, and didn't affect my wave pattern that I could see.
It also gave me a nice lift to my scalp hair, that I can see helping to stretch washes.

However it caused:

1) Scalp sensitivity that lasted an hour or so; felt like my hair was still standing upright at the roots.

It was a passing discomfort,but is still a concern because I have a sensitive scalp.

2) All my new growth is standing out straight like Einstein :p

That takes time to tame before going out...IF I can remedy it.... so a no-go for days with plans.

I am thinking this may not be a good solution for me all things considered, for Summertime use.

Possibly my braid FLIPPED and secured at the top with a spin pin will work :hmm:

ETAwill use a small barrette; spin pin didn't work....and my scalp still hurts from last night's top knot :headache:
(I am still using a satin pillowcase)

1 year later...same situation....but with even more thickness = heaviness = needed changes.

My center english braid now twists and forms a lump which causes scalp/neck pain, so I am now doing a loose side braid.
I do need to apply serum before/after braiding to avoid frizz/poofiness.
I alternate sides daily.
The satin pillowcase still works great.

languagenut
February 11th, 2018, 12:28 AM
I've been wearing the satin cap I bought the other day; just wrap my hair around as if I were making a really loose, low bun and tuck it in. I've found it fairly comfortable, once I got used to the feeling of the elastic band on my forehead, though I'm still self-conscious about being seen wearing it (I think it looks really derpy, lol), to a degree that I will be the first to admit is ridiculous :silly:.

hayheadsbird
February 11th, 2018, 02:28 AM
I've gone back to a single plait at bedtime. Tried 2 but they just get caught under my shoulders tried a high bun with a fork, but only 50% success rate, so not great. Loose was starting to just get to long and caught under me/small bodies at 4am.

How important are silk pillow cases? Do regular ones really cause damage? Anyone noticed a big difference?

I've noticed a difference, less tangles and more comfortable. The nights l've slept on a regular pillow case my hair is less smooth in the morning.
I can't say I've noticed more damage, but I'm not willing to experiment to find out!

Wendyp
February 11th, 2018, 06:08 AM
February 28th, 2017, 11:40 AM

1 year later...same situation....but with even more thickness = heaviness = needed changes.

My center english braid now twists and forms a lump which causes scalp/neck pain, so I am now doing a loose side braid.
I do need to apply serum before/after braiding to avoid frizz/poofiness.
I alternate sides daily.
The satin pillowcase still works great.

I have always done a top bun but I have side hairs that break off and I wonder if that’s the problem. My face hairs are only like shoulder length. I think if all my hair was one length it would be closer to 3 or over. The problem with braids is I don’t always want waves the next day. I’m going to try silk cases I think too see if it helps.

Wendyp
February 11th, 2018, 06:09 AM
I've gone back to a single plait at bedtime. Tried 2 but they just get caught under my shoulders tried a high bun with a fork, but only 50% success rate, so not great. Loose was starting to just get to long and caught under me/small bodies at 4am.

I've noticed a difference, less tangles and more comfortable. The nights l've slept on a regular pillow case my hair is less smooth in the morning.
I can't say I've noticed more damage, but I'm not willing to experiment to find out!

Wow that’s significant though, I’m going to get some today!

Wendyp
February 11th, 2018, 06:10 AM
I've been wearing the satin cap I bought the other day; just wrap my hair around as if I were making a really loose, low bun and tuck it in. I've found it fairly comfortable, once I got used to the feeling of the elastic band on my forehead, though I'm still self-conscious about being seen wearing it (I think it looks really derpy, lol), to a degree that I will be the first to admit is ridiculous :silly:.

See that’s the problem I don’t want to go to bed derpy for my husband lmao!!

Mafmi
February 11th, 2018, 06:11 AM
My hair is still pretty short (just shy of APL), so I just flip it up over my head and lay it on my pillow. I've never really had trouble with tangling though, even when my hair was much longer. I'll definitely be trying out some protective styles once it grows a little!

lmfbs
February 11th, 2018, 01:50 PM
So, I've always worn my hair in a high bun to sleep. Occasionally a braid, but probably 6 out of 7 nights, a high bun.

I've been noticing pretty serious breakage at my nape. At first I though it was from the twisty hairties I sometimes use during the day, but more investigation suggests it could be from rubbing when I roll in my sleep with my hair in the bun. I've previously avoided braids because I end up sleeping on the tassle and it hurts, but I think I'll need to go back to braiding to sleep. Anyone else had similar breakage?

Ligeia Noire
February 11th, 2018, 02:47 PM
After washing loose for two or three days to give my scalp a rest since I wear it up every single day and rest of the week I just undo my braided bun and leave the braid.

starlights
February 11th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Having a braid in bed makes me feel so uncomfy so i tend to pin it up once its braided with a small plastic clip. It hasnt ever ruined my hair.

carlimeow
February 11th, 2018, 03:35 PM
A fairly loose high bun in a satin-y scrunchie (with a satin-y pillowcase as well) has been my go-to for several years now. Sometimes I'll put it in a braid instead because updos can give me headaches if I wear them for too long. I have a satin-y sleep cap but I'm sensitive to the feeling of the band around my head so I never ended up wearing it much.

Beckstar
February 11th, 2018, 03:36 PM
I wore an English braid and a sleeping bonnet from the time it was long enough to braid.

Rowdy
February 11th, 2018, 05:24 PM
So, I've always worn my hair in a high bun to sleep. Occasionally a braid, but probably 6 out of 7 nights, a high bun.

I've been noticing pretty serious breakage at my nape. At first I though it was from the twisty hairties I sometimes use during the day, but more investigation suggests it could be from rubbing when I roll in my sleep with my hair in the bun. I've previously avoided braids because I end up sleeping on the tassle and it hurts, but I think I'll need to go back to braiding to sleep. Anyone else had similar breakage?

I have this exact breakage if I wear a high bun to bed which is unfortunate because that and double braids are the comfiest for me to sleep in. My hair is only really happy when down and loose for bed...

eta: Now that I think on it I never had nape breakage until I started wearing buns. I guess my nape hair just can't handle any sort of tension or friction from couches/scarves/collars/anything.

nycelle
February 11th, 2018, 05:38 PM
See that’s the problem I don’t want to go to bed derpy for my husband lmao!!

I ordered the bonnet last week and getting it tomorrow.

Already told my hubs to prepare himself for my Little House on The Prairie look. He had nothing to say..not sure if that's good or bad ..lol..

Wendyp
February 11th, 2018, 06:31 PM

Already told my hubs to prepare himself for my Little House on The Prairie look. He had nothing to say..not sure if that's good or bad ..lol..

Lol! See I think with all my myriad of concoctions, hours of cassia treatments, stinky fermenting things in our kitchen I think a derp bonnet may push him over the edge;)

lmfbs
February 11th, 2018, 06:32 PM
I have this exact breakage if I wear a high bun to bed which is unfortunate because that and double braids are the comfiest for me to sleep in. My hair is only really happy when down and loose for bed...

eta: Now that I think on it I never had nape breakage until I started wearing buns. I guess my nape hair just can't handle any sort of tension or friction from couches/scarves/collars/anything.

I do wear buns often during the day, but I did that long before I started bunning for bed too (previously I would braid it, but as it's got longer I'm constantly finding the tassel is under my HIP while I sleep - ouch!). It's so nice to know someone else gets similar breakage - I'm careful not to do it too tight, but I think the friction plays a major part.

Last night I wore 2 dutch braids and it was less annoying, so maybe I'll keep up the 2 braids.

cjk
February 11th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I'm just now getting to a length where this is a consideration. And I'm delighted to see this thread!

Unfortunately, I also see very little in the way of consensus.

Braids seem pretty popular, but I don't yet have enough length to braid successfully. Got enough, though, that I wake up looking like the guy from Ancient Aliens.

Any hints for those of us who have not yet reached epic length?

lmfbs
February 11th, 2018, 06:44 PM
I'm just now getting to a length where this is a consideration. And I'm delighted to see this thread!

Unfortunately, I also see very little in the way of consensus.

Braids seem pretty popular, but I don't yet have enough length to braid successfully. Got enough, though, that I wake up looking like the guy from Ancient Aliens.

Any hints for those of us who have not yet reached epic length?

What about 2 french braids?

cjk
February 11th, 2018, 08:05 PM
That's possible. I've never done it but I'm willing to learn.

languagenut
February 11th, 2018, 08:30 PM

If only mine looked like Little House on the Prairie... but it just looks like a shower cap, only made of satin. In fact, from looking at the shower caps in the same aisle... I think that's exactly what it is! :laugh:

Maybe I'll get over my vanity sometime... :p

nycelle
February 12th, 2018, 06:02 AM
If only mine looked like Little House on the Prairie... but it just looks like a shower cap, only made of satin. In fact, from looking at the shower caps in the same aisle... I think that's exactly what it is! :laugh:

Maybe I'll get over my vanity sometime... :p

Lol.. I think your shower cap has that prairie (colonial) look as well. If you google "mob cap" or mob bonnet", there's a ton of them.

And nothing wrong with being a little vain. I think every woman should be :)

ipickee
February 12th, 2018, 06:14 AM
I’ve worn mine in a bun since it was long enough to bun. Unfortunately, due to stress and health issues, I’ve lost a butt load of hair. So now I have little baby hairs that wisp EVERYWHERE. I’m not sure if I should continue to bun, braid, or what. Pulled out the satin pilllowcase last night. Might have to start using a silk hair wrap. Sigh.

chomsky
February 12th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I wrap mine up in a satin scarf and then throw a bonnet on top for good measure. My boyfriend doesn't mind, we joke and call it my "mushroom head". Keeps my hair presentable for the week so I'm content. :lol:

Wendyp
February 12th, 2018, 06:00 PM
I wrap mine up in a satin scarf and then throw a bonnet on top for good measure. My boyfriend doesn't mind, we joke and call it my "mushroom head". Keeps my hair presentable for the week so I'm content. :lol:

What kind of bonnet? I’m trying to figure out what would stay on.

Drowseyweirdo
February 12th, 2018, 11:51 PM
Personally I sleep with double dutch braids because low buns are uncomfortable and I have baby hairs at the base of my head which are only 4cm long so a higher bun wouldn't help them.

chomsky
February 13th, 2018, 07:22 AM
What kind of bonnet? I’m trying to figure out what would stay on.

I use one similar to this here (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010OV04Q4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tpVGAbFRMP9WV).

It's the flat elastic band that keeps it on for me. The scrunched elastic makes my forehead itch and I end up taking it off in the night. If I'm feeling super antsy/cold I stick my ears under.

nycelle
February 13th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I used my Adorabella bonnet for the first time last night.

Put my hair loosely into the bonnet, and this morning, zero frizz! I mean I didn't even need to use a WTC as there were no tangles. My hair actually looks like it was done!
This bonnet is unreal - may have to get another.

Arciela
February 13th, 2018, 08:00 AM
I've tried it all, from braiding, loose, bonnet, silk cap, bun om top of my head, pineapple, etc. None of it works and my hair usually gets tangled and I usually cave and end up washing it. The best one seems to be the silk cap, but I don't really like the way it feels and while it makes my hair very silky, it also makes it flat.

Glitch
February 13th, 2018, 01:52 PM
I've tried it all, from braiding, loose, bonnet, silk cap, bun om top of my head, pineapple, etc. None of it works and my hair usually gets tangled and I usually cave and end up washing it. The best one seems to be the silk cap, but I don't really like the way it feels and while it makes my hair very silky, it also makes it flat.

I also haven't found a bedtime style that won't make my hair tangly or very crinkly, as well as really flat by morning. My hair is fine and molds too easily if I braid it, etc. My scalp becomes sore quite fast if I sport a high bun. Sigh... All that helps me is sleeping with my hair loose over a silk pillow -I basically wake up with the same hair I fell asleep with. I think it may be a little damaging sleeping with loose hair like this, but I believe waking up with very tangled, crinkled and flat messy hair is far more damaging plus nerve-wracking for me. Of course, I'm open to any suggestions for finer hair types/sensitive scalps :)

Starrydandelion
February 13th, 2018, 02:53 PM
I keep my hair loose when I sleep. I've always done that and find it comfortable; I also think my scalp needs the break during the night as I usually keep my hair bunned during the day (that's just my scalp, of course) . :)

Sarahlabyrinth
February 13th, 2018, 03:24 PM
I used my Adorabella bonnet for the first time last night.

Put my hair loosely into the bonnet, and this morning, zero frizz! I mean I didn't even need to use a WTC as there were no tangles. My hair actually looks like it was done!
This bonnet is unreal - may have to get another.

They are just awesome, aren't they? :D

Mafmi
February 13th, 2018, 04:26 PM
Only kind of related, but when I was reading this page the other day someone was talking about being embarrassed to wear a bonnet at night. Well I had a patient come to clinic today with one on, so I say we should take a page from her be confident enough to rock them :rollin:

cathair
February 13th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I make mine into a loose unsecured bun, then put a slumbernet over it. Works as well as a sleep cap for me, but doesn't end up in my eyes. They do need replacing once a month though, because they stretch.

Braids keep my length untangled, but they cause massive breakage higher up when I move about. -5 out of 10, do not recommend. Would not do again.

Wendyp
February 13th, 2018, 08:21 PM
They are just awesome, aren't they? :D
This makes me want to get one

Wendyp
February 13th, 2018, 08:22 PM
I use one similar to this here (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010OV04Q4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_tpVGAbFRMP9WV).

It's the flat elastic band that keeps it on for me. The scrunched elastic makes my forehead itch and I end up taking it off in the night. If I'm feeling super antsy/cold I stick my ears under.
Thank you I’ll check it out!

JessaOlsen
February 14th, 2018, 02:11 AM
For my hair the braid doesn't work it makes it frizzy. So I personally take my hand to the top of my hair and wrap my hair around my hand and then I secure it with 2 hair clips. It looks like a Gibson style hairdo from 1800 but it does the trick. It gives you volume and gives your hair some bounce.

Zalicat
February 14th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Anyone have tips to get a satin bonnet to last the night on my head? It always falls off :(

MsMegMmk
February 14th, 2018, 06:00 AM
@Zalicat I also have trouble getting a bonnet to stay on at night. I usually sleep in an English braid on a satin pillowcase but when I do try to wear my bonnet, I also put a silk scarf underneath, pretty much so SOMETHING is on my head when I wake up. I figure that's probably not the most helpful answer so I'd totally be open to tricks as well!

Margarita
February 14th, 2018, 06:29 AM
I usually have boxer braids, especially after shower while its still damp i braid them and go to sleep :)

Wendyp
February 14th, 2018, 05:27 PM
I just bought a satin sheet set, not super expensive just $40 on Amazon. I hope it makes a difference!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 14th, 2018, 06:18 PM
Anyone have tips to get a satin bonnet to last the night on my head? It always falls off :(

I tie a T-shirt over mine to act as a blindfold, so it covers all my head plus my eyes, and there's no way it will fall off! I'm used to a blindfold from when I did night shifts at a mine site and had to sleep during the day, so now it's just a habit to wear a blindfold when I sleep, strange though it may seem... (I drove a large dump truck :D)

nycelle
February 14th, 2018, 07:06 PM
I just bought a satin sheet set, not super expensive just $40 on Amazon. I hope it makes a difference!

I can't use satin sheets. Have a set, and I've literally rolled right off them and winded up with a bloody nose and bruise under my eye. Looked like I was beat up. Hindsight I can laugh, but at that moment it was horrifying.

I tie a T-shirt over mine to act as a blindfold, so it covers all my head plus my eyes, and there's no way it will fall off! I'm used to a blindfold from when I did night shifts at a mine site and had to sleep during the day, so now it's just a habit to wear a blindfold when I sleep, strange though it may seem... (I drove a large dump truck :D)

Mine winds up lopsided on my head with a few side, and nape hairs out. I may try wrapping something around it though. Thanks for the idea.

PS, super cool that you drove a dump truck. I can just picture you doing it with that hair.. what an awesome sight I'm sure.

circlers
February 14th, 2018, 07:55 PM
I keep mine in a braid. When it was longer, I used to put it in a high bun, but it was also extra damaged and it got curlier and frizzier from the damage, and it would end up out of the bun. Now that it's healthier and more managable, I just keep it in a braid.