PDA

View Full Version : Sponsored hair cut?

Ponymad21
January 27th, 2017, 08:43 AM
One of my friends needs lifesaving treatment, it's going to cost them over 400,000
they've got 200,000 already, I'm considering doing a sponsored hair cut to donate the money to her, but I'm terrified! I've never had short hair! The shortest I've had is BSL and I hated it!

should I do it or no?
if I don't I'm going to find another way to raise money for her

lapushka
January 27th, 2017, 09:17 AM
I'd find another way to raise the money, personally. Why is it always people needing to cut off hair for fundraising? What's up with that? And why does it raise money in the first place?

hayheadsbird
January 27th, 2017, 09:33 AM
I'd look at other things as well. Cutting your hair would raise some money, but if you don't want to cut another way would be better.
You could organise something like a silent auction, get local businesses ect to donate some items, and have friends and family do others. Last one we had locally people did things like bake a homemade loaf daily for a week, 6 hours of house cleaning, wash a car ect as well. Then folk go round, rewrite their name and how much they would pay. You can see the last bid, so you can go back and worth and having silent bidding wars going on!

Ponymad21
January 27th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I'd find another way to raise the money, personally. Why is it always people needing to cut off hair for fundraising? What's up with that? And why does it raise money in the first place?

It was one of the few ideas that sprung to mind, it needs cutting as the ends are split

Anje
January 27th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Don't get pressured into cutting unless you want to. Seriously, who pays for someone else to cut *their* hair? If it's just a matter of doing something or other for sponsors, you could just as easily get money for doing a walk or something.

lapushka
January 27th, 2017, 03:08 PM
It was one of the few ideas that sprung to mind, it needs cutting as the ends are split

Yes but you're talking more than just cutting off the ends, you're talking about going short. You're waist now, and you said something about shoulder length? That's a big difference!

MeAndTheMaz
January 27th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Unless you plan on putting a serious dent in the total, I wouldn't do it. There have got to be better ways to make a few hundred .

Borgessa
January 27th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Your talking in Pounds, what kinda treatment are they requiring that the national health doesn't cover? I hope its nothing extreme, best of luck to them.

Angelica
January 28th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Is the treatment not available in the UK? Does this mean she will have to go to another country for treatment. I wish her well. I would say auction for something else as well! Sponsored walks are good as well, perhaps some other charitable event such as a disco or sponsored swimming or bungee jump - whatever. If you are not sure you want to cut your hair I wouldn't do it nor ask anyone else to cut their hair. Not unless you can come up with the full total - depends how you feel about things. Good luck to your friend and she has a special friend in you