PDA

View Full Version : A Real Life Long Hair Story.

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a real life girlfriend during my childhood that had hair all the way down to her ankles, and she was a church member of mine. Over the years I have watched her cut and grow her hair all the way back down to her hips. She hasn't had ankle length hair in many years. In fact, she hasn't had hair all of the way down to her hips in many years either. Today, she wears is shoulder length. Ever since our childhood I have always had dreams of having superlong hair like hers someday. Do any of you have someone in real life that you've known or have admired and wanted their hair length?

likelikepenny
January 25th, 2017, 09:08 PM
I do! My best friend has always had long and curly hair, it's absolutely beautiful. I'd say it was about classic before she started cutting layers and trimmed back to hip. She's Mexican and Indian and get's red tones in her hair in the summer. Anyway, she's my inspiration for growing long hair.

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Awwww, that is so sweet.

truepeacenik
January 26th, 2017, 02:14 AM
Haven't you asked this before?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140527

Dark40
January 26th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Maybe I have. But this time I was just telling you guys about my longhaired stories of real life people that I've met during my childhood. The other question was, "Has anyone had a friend with long hair? That is is 2 different questions, and this is not a question. This a story, and I was asking you guys to tell me your story or meeting real life people with superlong hair.

Entangled
January 26th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I think I have, but I'm not sure if I can really trust my childhood memories, as I have very vivid dreams taking place in the same location. I seem to recall somebody with a very long braid, silver and brown, around her ankles; I know the person is real, but I don't know if her hair was ever that long.

Llama
January 26th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Haven't you asked this before?
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140527

Maybe I have. But this time I was just telling you guys about my longhaired stories of real life people that I've met during my childhood. The other question was, "Has anyone had a friend with long hair? That is is 2 different questions, and this is not a question. This a story, and I was asking you guys to tell me your story or meeting real life people with superlong hair.

Looks exactly the same as your previous post to me :p

Dark40
January 26th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Looks exactly the same as your previous post to me :p

Sorry, for the double post then...lol If it looks like the same post to you.

turtlelover
January 26th, 2017, 09:45 PM
LOL I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, much less what I posted months ago. Duplicates are no big deal. HAHA

mariazelie
January 27th, 2017, 05:16 PM
I had a friend with long, dark, super-thick, coarse hair and I had (have) fine, thin, dark blonde locks. It was kind of a bummer in junior high when my self esteem was pretty low. But her hair was gorgeous with her green eyes and I shouldn't have compared myself but didn't know better. Sadly she has already been dead for about ten years. She was a great friend and so smart! I can still picture her pretty hair, it had a bit of a wave to it at the ends and she used to cut little wispy bangs herself. Kind of a sad memory, bitter sweet. Well, that's my "friend with long hair" story.

Acid
January 27th, 2017, 07:20 PM
i have two :)

One was a girl(she was 8 or 9 years old) in my primary school who had natural platinum/ baby blonde hair that was always in a braid that came to about TBL and big curly ringlets in her braid tassle so it may have been a bit longer loose and mine was poker straight between SL and MBL and golden blonde with and ugly heavy straight fringe that looked like the front of a bowl cut (ugly on me not on others!).

The other was a girl in college (not university) who had very thick hip length hair, i always used to stare at it and wonder if she wore extensions because it was so thick (i would guess she was easily 5" in ponytail circumference) and it was so healthy and shiny. Ive always wanted thick hair so that was the most envious i had been of someones hair, you can almost always gain the length you lust over but you can never gain that thickness

spirals
January 27th, 2017, 08:51 PM
I used to work with a young lady in my retail job who had classic length light blonde, straight hair. She wore it in a ponytail because management asked her to. They were concerned it might get caught in the cash drawer. That was the first time I had encountered anything approaching really long in "real life" and it was the start of my inspiration to grow mine out. Another who inspired me was my friend who had tailbone curls when I met her. She cut it and has never grown it out since, sadly.

turtlelover
January 27th, 2017, 11:29 PM
When I was a little kid, I had a kindergarten teacher with beautiful long, straight dark hair that I loved and that inspired me to have long hair. I also had a church youth group leader's wife that had amazing tailbone - classic length hair that I used to oogle over. It was amazing! Those were my early life inspirations. :-)

Salwety
January 27th, 2017, 11:32 PM
When I was at high school, there was a friend of mine whose hair was black wavy thick knee length hair, but she had a lot of parting in her scalp.
Another one in college, she has dark brown straight hair fine thickness and she kept it at TBL.
At work there was one with classic bleached hair that she keeps it curly. but as she joined work she started to straighten it regularly, and ended up cutting the damage till she reached shoulder length in 8 month, sad story. Sge is still straightening her hair daily.

Moonfall
January 28th, 2017, 04:49 AM
I thought I didn't have any but then I remembered. In one of my first years at primary school, there were these twin girls with curly, blonde, long hair. It looked lovely, kind of magical really, both of them having their hair like that. A bit fairytale-ish, it was. Anyway, one day during the break, they were outside using some playing vehicle. I don't know how, but both girls' hair got stuck in the wheels. If I remember correctly, both couldn't get it out and they had to get it cut :( A sad hairytale! A few years ago, though, I saw them in town, and they both had their lovely long locks again. I was always too shy to tell them, so if one of those girls is reading this... You have a secret hair admirer :)

Dark40
January 31st, 2017, 05:13 PM
I had a friend with long, dark, super-thick, coarse hair and I had (have) fine, thin, dark blonde locks. It was kind of a bummer in junior high when my self esteem was pretty low. But her hair was gorgeous with her green eyes and I shouldn't have compared myself but didn't know better. Sadly she has already been dead for about ten years. She was a great friend and so smart! I can still picture her pretty hair, it had a bit of a wave to it at the ends and she used to cut little wispy bangs herself. Kind of a sad memory, bitter sweet. Well, that's my "friend with long hair" story.

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that your friend with long hair passed away many years ago. I bet it a bitter sweet or sad memory. I remember a good girlfriend of mine from high school that used to have gorgeous hip length medium brown hair! And, she also cut herself some wispy bangs also. But I've seen here a couple of years later after she graduated she had went through the, "big chop," up to chin length.

Dark40
January 31st, 2017, 05:15 PM
When I was a little kid, I had a kindergarten teacher with beautiful long, straight dark hair that I loved and that inspired me to have long hair. I also had a church youth group leader's wife that had amazing tailbone - classic length hair that I used to oogle over. It was amazing! Those were my early life inspirations. :-)

Yeah, same here! When I was a kid in 5th grade I had a 5th grade teacher that has amazing hip length hair, and it was naturally pin-straight. She was inspiration to grow long hair. :-)

PixieP
January 31st, 2017, 05:29 PM
I had a childhood friend who had hair between TBL-classic her entire childhood, well into her teens. I don't remember the exact length and it varied too. She had a dark blondette colour and really thick 1a hair. She wore it loose, in a low pony or a braid. It's funny because she was more of a tomboy than a girly girl and her hair was the only really "girly" thing about her. We used to have cartwheel contests down grassy hillsides and her hair whipping around with her looked super cool :D

marvel-lover
January 31st, 2017, 05:53 PM
One of my closest friends and I have been friends since 6th grade. She originally kept her hair almost pixie-cut short until 8th grade when she grew it to her shoulders. When she was in high school, she decided to let it grow to APL. Since high school, she's grown her hair to her hips. Not only is it long, it's incredibly thick too. I helped her dye her hair over the summer, and we had to get another bottle of dye in the middle of the process because one bottle wasn't enough, and then it took us over an hour to rinse her hair. Talk about hair envy!

Kae612
January 31st, 2017, 06:14 PM
When I was really young, I had a close friend whose house I used to hang around a lot. Her hair was probably about knee length, nearly straight with a bit of wave, dark black and shiny as anything. We were quite young, so knee length wasn't quite the same as an adult, of course. But she used to run around and play being Simba from the Lion King, and I just remember her hair trailing behind her as we played like a shiny black cape. I wanted hair like hers then, but my hair was a poofy, thick mess and even at ear-length you couldn't get a brush through it.

Now, I know a girl who's been in some of my classes, and she's quite tall and when she sits the end of her braid swings below the seat of the chair, and I just thought that looked so darn cool. Not jealous anymore, because I have my own longish hair, but I just think "wow that's awesome maybe I could do that!"

Dark40
February 1st, 2017, 09:12 PM
LOL I can't even remember what I ate for breakfast yesterday, much less what I posted months ago. Duplicates are no big deal. HAHA

LOL Thank you for saying that. Double posting isn't really a big deal is right.

Dark40
February 1st, 2017, 09:17 PM
One of my closest friends and I have been friends since 6th grade. She originally kept her hair almost pixie-cut short until 8th grade when she grew it to her shoulders. When she was in high school, she decided to let it grow to APL. Since high school, she's grown her hair to her hips. Not only is it long, it's incredibly thick too. I helped her dye her hair over the summer, and we had to get another bottle of dye in the middle of the process because one bottle wasn't enough, and then it took us over an hour to rinse her hair. Talk about hair envy!

I bet it did take 2 bottles dye to dye your friend's hair, and that it also took an hour to rinse her hair. You are very right. That is hair envy! Ik envy anyone who has hip length hair! Because, that's the length I'm trying to achieve by the end of this year. I have a good feeling that I will make it there with less trims, and taking good care of it.