PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a week can make! I'm committed! Here are my goals and pics.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 23rd, 2017, 07:35 AM
What a difference a week has made. Thank you for the amazing advise. I have decided not to cut my hair or color it. I clarified/chelated my hair last night and followed it up with Garnier Legendary Olive. My hair felt so different just after using the shampoo. Thank you! Thank you! Picture from this morning after wearing a braid to bed.
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0593.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0593.jpg.html)

I will be using the WCC method for now followed by and acv rinse to keep the mineral buildup at bay. I'm still trying to find the products that work best for my hair. I have also started finger combing (not nearly as difficult as I thought).

For the past 3 years I have not taken good care of my hair. After having my little guy 6 weeks early, him being in the NICU, and him being a very needy and fussy child I just felt like I didn't have time. My hair has shown me how hard I have been on it. I have slept with a ponytail at the base of my neck almost every night for 3 years and the result was A LOT of breakage.
[IMG]http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0583.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0583.jpg.html)

So, I am committed to taking care of my hair! Never again will I abuse and neglect my hair. Here are my goals:
1. Get moisture back into my hair
2. Perfect hair care routine
3. Grow out breakage
4. Thicken hemline

lapushka
January 23rd, 2017, 07:51 AM
Great goals; and I love your first picture. :)

wispe
January 23rd, 2017, 08:48 AM
I find when the hair feels better after clarifying even before conditioner, it's definitely telltale of too much build-up beforehand. And how much better it looks already (: I love your goals, and I can say with experience just a few months of care can make a huge difference when it comes to the feel and appearance of breakage. Welcome and good luck!

Psst I used to be a Wisconsin girl too! I'm down south now but I grew up mainly in the state.

lapis_lazuli
January 23rd, 2017, 09:08 AM
I'm glad you've decided not to cut/colour and that you're figuring out what works for your hair - it is lovely! I have no doubt you'll achieve your goals :) Good luck to you! :D

Alissalocks
January 23rd, 2017, 06:13 PM
It's amazing how much difference the LHC changes can make, I so envy those early days of amazing results that are so evident! Happily my hair is settled in our routine, but I miss the wow factor you're currently experiencing. I should try an ACV rinse, that's been on my long term to do list.

Hope you enjoy your journey!

Sw33th34rt4my
January 23rd, 2017, 06:30 PM
Thanks everyone! I posted this so I would stay accountable. :) Plus I had to thank you for the wonderful advice.

I find when the hair feels better after clarifying even before conditioner, it's definitely telltale of too much build-up beforehand. And how much better it looks already (: I love your goals, and I can say with experience just a few months of care can make a huge difference when it comes to the feel and appearance of breakage. Welcome and good luck!

Psst I used to be a Wisconsin girl too! I'm down south now but I grew up mainly in the state.
I love it up here. I'm originally from the Chicago area but move up here when I turned 18. Couldn't imagine leaving.

hanne jensen
January 25th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I'm so glad that you're happy with your hair again. Your hair looks lovely now and it also looked lovely in your other thread.

Happy growing!

ExpectoPatronum
January 25th, 2017, 02:13 PM
Your hair looks so lovely already! I'm happy you're happy with it again and it should keep getting better from here :)

FennFire911
January 25th, 2017, 02:16 PM
Welcome to your journey!

Serimel
January 26th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Yay, happy for you! Your hair is beautiful! I also joined briefly and my hair really came back from the dead in such a short time under lhc influence :D You're in a good place!

MsPharaohMoan
January 26th, 2017, 01:30 PM
Yessss, more hair saved by clarifying ;D