PDA

View Full Version : What is meant by fine fringe of hair

ninjarambohd
January 22nd, 2017, 10:40 AM
Hi again everyone. OK This time this question concerns my younger brother who has had telogen effluvium. Basically back in 2013 he developed IBS and he couldn't eat properly for 6 or 7 months. again back in 2015 he was developed the same issue again and couldn't eat for about 4 weeks or so. he could eat but not properly as he used to. He went from 62KG all the way down to about 54KG.

Anyways sometime last year his fringe began to change. Now he didn't lose hair in that area or maybe we didn't pay much attention. But lately his fringe has long terminal hairs growing but they are not all stuck together leaving small gaps on his forehead. The middle part is fine however the left side there are tiny gaps but it has hair. His hairline hasn't changed either.

I was reading on a website about TE recovery and it said that the person would begin to get a fine fringe of hair. What does that mean exactly? Does it mean baby hairs or what my brother is experiencing?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2017, 01:44 AM
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your little brother.

I think the gaps might be due to the poor nutrition he's getting when he has bouts of IBS. It will grow back when he eats regularly and properly, but if for some reason that is impossible, there's fairly little you can do, I fear.

Nutrition is very much key. Rather than it being TE, I think it's just the lack of food, in bouts.

Fine fringe is baby hairs, I think, yes. :)

ninjarambohd
January 23rd, 2017, 07:54 AM
First of all, I'm very sorry to hear about your little brother.

I think the gaps might be due to the poor nutrition he's getting when he has bouts of IBS. It will grow back when he eats regularly and properly, but if for some reason that is impossible, there's fairly little you can do, I fear.

Nutrition is very much key. Rather than it being TE, I think it's just the lack of food, in bouts.

Fine fringe is baby hairs, I think, yes. :)

Thank you for your concern!