PDA

View Full Version : [TW: Assault description] A sad good bye and thanks to lhc

yahirwaO.o
January 20th, 2017, 09:10 PM
Hello everyone I guess some are able to recognize-remember me for some posts I've made in the past.

Well, this is my way of saying bye because a very misfortune and rather traumatic event happen and it is really painful for me to even post in this forum.

Last Tuesday night I was mugged and got injured because of it. I had several hits in my body and well the hardest thing.... once again I got a bleeding open wound at my scalp. I've already mentioned I had my scalp hurt several times in the past and still wanted to keep my hair long even my thickness had reduced a lot and had a lot cleavage and bald pot scars were happening due to those several injuries.

...With all the pain in my heart..... and I do mean it..... I decided this time not to save my hair and got my scalp sutured and also made the biggest chop I've made in years. My wounds are getting better at this point and my scalp is slowly recovering but this scar is gonna remain and I feel no desire or chance of growing my hair LHC Lengths anymore.

I literally feel a part of me was killed and my life; both psychological and emotional. is beyond disturbed. I've lost a very valuable part of me because some random guy wanted money or whatever material thing and took me a way super important source that gave me some joy and happiness in my already sucky life. Im not being vein or something, it’s just I had a very reasonable and healthy life reason to keep me going on (letting my hair grow)and my whole hippie concept in life that now has faded.

Now my body is slowly recovering but me as a person I feel so broken, so scared and so confused.... The moment I chopped my hair could be seen as anxious decision, but to be honest I couldn’t handle time the hair shedding that usually comes after a nasty event and now I have a strong hate feeling about my old me. Seeing myself in the mirror is just so hard, because of the chop and the fact I feel terrible about being the most pathetic 25 year old guy... This time there is no way turning back to long hair, 4 wounds in my scalp would be super thin in case it gets long and for my taste it would be just awful... I’m in tears writing this....

I'll leave this for 2 days and hopefully be able to say good bye to this forum without so much pain in my heart... Love everyone here!

pastina
January 20th, 2017, 09:12 PM
I think that you should grow your hair back out.

Don't let this person take more from you than they already have.

You deserve to be happy. <3

lunasea
January 20th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Can't say that I've seen any of your threads before but I want to say that I'm very sad about what happened to you. Please don't judge yourself so harshly. No one deserves to be physically attacked when they are just minding their own business. Time will help you to move from being a victim to a survivor. Be kind to yourself and give your body, mind, and spirit time to heal.

Anje
January 20th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Lots of hugs, and I'm sorry you went through this. Don't be hard on yourself for being a victim; it's not your responsibility to stand up to or prevent someone from attacking you.

Feel free to stay on the forum, no matter what you do with your hair. You're a part of this community and you shouldn't have to give up friendships you've made, especially when you need support and friendship the most. <3

yahirwaO.o
January 20th, 2017, 09:24 PM
I think that you should grow your hair back out.

Don't let this person take more from you than they already have.

You deserve to be happy. <3

Its very hard for me to undertand that. I've always felt thing that make me happy are wrong or just plain not okay for a guy like me.. and kinda life circumstances take me those precious things one way or another.

Right now I have a very weird short cut with side bangs give by myself, I kinda want to go for a 60's Beatles style after my wound has healed and that about it, I dont think could handle long hair and lost of thickness again!

Nymphe
January 20th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Whatever you do, do not isolate yourself. You need all the positive energy you can get at this time. You are not pathetic; you are a sweet soul who had a major trial in your life. You will get past this!

Mrstran
January 20th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Perhaps this is a time to look inward instead of out. I would find some peace with yourself and work towards healing from this injury with professional help and spiritual. Whether religious, meditation (my personal favorate) or any other of your choice.

Don't let this break you. Why dump all the eggs if only a few fall out?

You can recover from anything.

Anje
January 20th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Its very hard for me to undertand that. I've always felt thing that make me happy are wrong or just plain not okay for a guy like me.. and kinda life circumstances take me those precious things one way or another.
It is OK for you to be happy.

I'll say it again.

It is OK for you to be happy.

yahirwaO.o
January 20th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Can't say that I've seen any of your threads before but I want to say that I'm very sad about what happened to you. Please don't judge yourself so harshly. No one deserves to be physically attacked when they are just minding their own business. Time will help you to move from being a victim to a survivor. Be kind to yourself and give your body, mind, and spirit time to heal.

I usually tried my best to give my love but I feel so.... like I just want to be in a neutral place-mood where nobody can't remove my hapiness because I just dont have it. I've been a lot in this stage where I give uncodintional love to myself and my surrondings (family and place where I go to) just make me feel so bad!

Lots of hugs, and I'm sorry you went through this. Don't be hard on yourself for being a victim; it's not your responsibility to stand up to or prevent someone from attacking you.

Feel free to stay on the forum, no matter what you do with your hair. You're a part of this community and you shouldn't have to give up friendships you've made, especially when you need support and friendship the most. <3

I guess you are right, I do need support. In the past i usually recover alone in my own world and now there is nice people that want to come and see how im doing, but I have so many emotions and thoughts mixed that I just cant feel safe saying thanks without feeling it for real. Never in my life I felt so bad about myself and peoples reactions, feel so vulnerable.

Wildcat Diva
January 20th, 2017, 09:43 PM
You have always been the nicest person. It's hard to believe that this has happened to you. I really really hope that you get recovery and joy somehow. If we can help out in any way, just ask. Healing for you must happen.

Anje
January 20th, 2017, 09:45 PM
I guess you are right, I do need support. In the past i usually recover alone in my own world and now there is nice people that want to come and see how im doing, but I have so many emotions and thoughts mixed that I just cant feel safe saying thanks without feeling it for real. Never in my life I felt so bad about myself and peoples reactions, feel so vulnerable.
It is completely normal and expected for you to be an emotional mess right now. You will probably fall apart sometimes because it's overwhelming. You're allowed to do that. Don't let anyone make you feel worse about it or unmanly or anything else, because what you're experiencing is real and it is difficult.

You are worthy of love and respect.

gthlvrmx
January 20th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Have you reported the guy?

I hope you feel better soon and feel free to stick around, you are always welcome here, short hair or not. You deserve the best, not anything less. :)

Deborah
January 20th, 2017, 11:14 PM
I'm so sorry that you went through this terrible experience. I pray that God brings you full healing, both emotionally and physically.

Feel free to stay on this list whether you have long or short hair. You are entirely welcome. Maybe you will feel like growing your hair long again later on, maybe not. You are welcome to stay with us either way.

God bless you as you begin to heal. :flower:

LadyCelestina
January 20th, 2017, 11:22 PM
:grouphug: I also vote that you stay around here even if you don't grow or have long hair. Maybe stick to the off-topic boards for a while?

ETA: Also going back into your world for a while might be healthy at this point, so don't worry about that. And certainly don't worry about feeling insecure from time to time :lol: you are in your twenties this is the time to be insecure and unsure of yourself and everything, I think we all are afraid at least a little bit :lol: Do you perhaps have somebody you can talk to about this, online or irl?

cgirl
January 20th, 2017, 11:41 PM
Please don't feel like you have to turn away, you are still you, regardless of what happened to you or hair or anything! :blossom:

What strikes a chord with me is that you said that what makes you happy is
just plain not okay for a guy like me.. and kinda life circumstances take me those precious things one way or another

Okay. So I totally get that. There is this self-defeating psychological thing we think we're not supposed to have nice things or some how deserve to be hurt or robbed, but that's total :bs: You have value and deserve the best of life. You survived a terrible ordeal, but you are now healing. Time heals all wounds. :heart:

And you'll be surprised how resilient follicles actually are. And you. I hope you change your mind and sick around. :flower:

Shepherdess
January 21st, 2017, 12:00 AM
First of all, I am so sorry for what you had to endure! :( :grouphug: That sounds like such a scary and traumatic situation and I can understand why you would feel this way right now. It is completely normal to react and feel this way and want to back away from everything! I think that the post traumatic stress of any traumatic situation like that can really effect how you feel about life for a time. It takes time to heal. I hope though, that in all of this that you are able to find some sort of support and encouragement from someone. It really helps to be able to talk through your feelings and what you are going through. I agree with what everyone else said in this thread, you have worth, you deserve to be happy, and you shouldn't stop being you! And from what I have observed from your posts on this forum, I have always thought of you as a nice and kind person. I truly hope that you stay around. :grouphug:

Serimel
January 21st, 2017, 12:10 AM
I am very sorry for what has happened to you. It is truly terrible. :( Sending you hugs and strength on your way to recovery, both mental and physical. :grouphug: Please don't give up on your dreams of growing hair because of this horrific event. Even if the scar caused you thinner hair, I'm sure it will be beautiful no matter was it long or short.

Inner and outer scars are part of life and although often they are linked with sad events I feel they are symbols of strength as well. Reminders for you that you have overcome something difficult, come out as a winner. As hard as it may sound for you at the moment, I wish that one day in future you can look at yourself in the mirror and see the winner and survivor who grew a stronger character instead of the victim.

You seem like a very sweet person and it really angers me that innocent people have to experience this kind of evil in the world. Just try not to isolate yourself now too much. Someone hurt you badly but you putting on a protective barrier closing everything out might hurt you even more. Please don't say goodbye to LHC just yet. I think LadyCelestina's idea of hanging around off topic friendship boards for a while might do you good and when you feel like you are ready, get back to hair discussion boards. You will find support here. Stay with us <3

Rhoward
January 21st, 2017, 12:20 AM

You deserve happiness and love. Please consider sticking around, even if you decide to keep your hair short don't leave. Don't let this person take everything away from you. :heartbeat

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 12:55 AM
Don't feel like you have to leave. There's more of us doing bigger chops or cutting short and not going anywhere (and right-on too). So don't feel you have to, that's one thing.

Second, I am *so* sorry this happened to you. There is *no* excuse, none! :flower:

Hang in there, and focus on healing and getting better.

Agnieszka
January 21st, 2017, 01:46 AM
I remember you and your posts. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I wish you lots of strength to get over this.

hayheadsbird
January 21st, 2017, 02:08 AM
Please stick around if you can, you have worth and value. We appreciate having you around, no matter what, long hair, shaved head, your still you. You deserve to be happy, and that's not an easy thing to achieve sometimes.

*big hugs*

hanne jensen
January 21st, 2017, 04:46 AM
Please stay. I do remember you. I remember you as a very sweet guy with amazing hair.

There are some threads here at LHC for people maintaining shorter lengths. LHC is for everyone who wants to discuss hair. Many folks here maintain their length to improve the condition of their hair. Some members have cut their hair to honor a deceased loved one. Others have lost their hair to chemo therapy. Extremely long hair isn't a requirement here.

Get well soon after your traumatic time and we'll be here to support you.

ephemeri
January 21st, 2017, 04:48 AM
I'm So sorry this happened to you. It sounds so traumatic. Just like others have said, you deserve to be happy! You will heal from this, it will take some time though. You don't yet know what your scar will look like once it's healed, it's still possible that re-growing won't be as thin as you fear. :grouphug:

Gabriel
January 21st, 2017, 04:56 AM
:grouphug: I remember your posts as well and how kind and compassionate you always seem. You deserve the same. You do deserve to be happy. Take time for yourself, be gentle.

Ophidian
January 21st, 2017, 05:28 AM
You deserve to be happy, and even though you might feel broken right now, you are strong and whole and you will find that again. It is not your fault. You survived, and you will heal. I'm so sorry that happened to you.

Alissalocks
January 21st, 2017, 06:39 AM
I've only read the first page of responses but wanted to chime in and say, first...no one has the right to destroy your happiness. This event has compromised your sense of well being, and the mirror is a painful daily reminder, but it will not always be this dark as you walk your path. Let others be the light you need until your own light can return again.

Also, if it's any consolation, my hair is naturally thinner than yours is post-scalp injuries. I refuse to believe my hair is too thin to grow long (but I get discouraged when I consider the thick, luscious curls our 3a friends have that I will never know). So we can stand united and grow our hair to our feet if we want, and no... It will not be as thick as some, but it can be long and we can still be happy.

I really hope you find your happy again. :flower:

marvel-lover
January 21st, 2017, 06:43 AM
I'm very sorry that you had to go through that. You're such a kind and wonderful person, strong enough to get through this. I would love to see you stay, but if you choose to go, I wish you all the luck in the world

embee
January 21st, 2017, 06:46 AM
yahirwaO.o, please stay. You can grow your hair however you want - Beatles style, whatever. This is a friendly place. Right now maybe you want a friendly place to be?

It's a great shame that you were assaulted and robbed. You'll find lots of company here. You'll find support. I hope you have real life help too.

school of fish
January 21st, 2017, 07:54 AM
I feel so upset for you reading your account yahirwaO.o... The memory I have of all of your posts is one of a guy with a big heart who always works to be supportive and positive with himself and others. I remember your great hair, but honestly I remember your heart more.

Please know that in spite of how this completely undeserved event has made you feel right now, that you have had such a positive impact on so many in this board. We may never have met you in person so I'm sure it's hard to 'see' it, but your impact on us is real, and so I hope you can feel our support for you is real too :)

Whatever you decide ultimately to do with your hair is your choice - right now since you feel the chop is right, then it's right. Whether you change your mind later and decide to regrow, or whether you decide maintaining this shorter length reflects your identity going forward, it's completely and totally your decision to own.

No matter what, we're here to support you. I personally hope that you choose to stay at LHC or to come back after some time away because I'd miss your presence :)

You didn't deserve what happened. No person should be allowed to harm another person and take away their happiness. But we humans are also incredibly resilient - you've proved that in the past - and I want you to know that you have a community of people right here to help you get past this ugliness. We're here for you :) :) :)

proo
January 21st, 2017, 08:17 AM
Stay
I know you feel a bit better already
There is endless support here for you as you grow again

Annalouise
January 21st, 2017, 08:38 AM
:grouphug: Don't you just hate evil people? Be a fighter, don't be a victim. Don't ever allow yourself to go into a weak position.
STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blossom:

bparnell75
January 21st, 2017, 09:08 AM
Perhaps this is a time to look inward instead of out. I would find some peace with yourself and work towards healing from this injury with professional help and spiritual. Whether religious, meditation (my personal favorate) or any other of your choice.

Don't let this break you. Why dump all the eggs if only a few fall out?

You can recover from anything.

There are many good sources of help out there. My favorite way of inner healing is in Jesus Christ who personally died for you and loves you unconditionally. There are several forms of services that can introduce you to His inner healing. Sozo, Theophostic, Healing Rooms International. Just Google those in your area. Meanwhile prayers and thoughts will be coming your way.

EdG
January 21st, 2017, 11:04 AM
That's terrible. :grouphug:

You don't have to leave the LHC. Hair is amazingly resilient. You may be surprised what a year or two can do.
Ed

lapis_lazuli
January 21st, 2017, 11:54 AM
Goodness, I'm so, so sorry that happened to you :cry: Just horrible...
I hope the physical and psychological wounds heal soon... I truly wish you happiness and that you may try to grow again in the future. BIG HUGS! :grouphug:

Cg
January 21st, 2017, 03:09 PM
I am so, so sad this terrible thing happened to you. We're all hugging you into a happier frame of mind.

Our appearance is a part of who we are, how we see ourselves. But to us, you're still the same great you you've always been. The condition of your hair and what you look like does not change our opinion of you. Bless your heart, and may you heal quickly, fully, and with new peace in your life.

enting
January 21st, 2017, 03:12 PM
My first reaction was "Oh no, yahirwaO.o, what happened?!" I haven't been around here all that long but I recognize your name as someone whose posts I like, as someone nice. It's terrible that this happened to you. Everyone else already said it, but you don't need to leave, there's lots of support here for you whether you decide to keep shorter hair or grow longer again. If it's too painful to be around everyone else who is growing, though, I totally hear that.

pili
January 21st, 2017, 03:18 PM
I am sad you had to go through this and so angry at the person who did this. You definitely do not deserve it. I remember your posts. Don't feel you have to leave us. Maybe take a break, but you are always welcome here no matter your length.

Kiiruna
January 21st, 2017, 04:15 PM
I'm so sorry that you had - and still have - to go through that. Don't be afraid to seek professional help if you feel like going through that is too much.

You are a worthy human being. You deserve everything good.

I understand if you need to take a break from LHC, but you are always welcome here, no matter what length your hair is. LHC can be a safe place for you.

kittengirl
January 21st, 2017, 05:52 PM
I remember you! Please stay and maybe you can find some inspiration to keep going! I am so sorry for what happened and I truly wish you the best. You are so welcome to be here!!!

rusika1
January 21st, 2017, 07:07 PM
Your posts have always been very positive. I agree with everyone saying you should stay, even if you decide not to grow your hair long again. Is it possible for you to see a therapist to help you through this trauma? Sometimes you need outside help to deal with things, there's no shame in that.

Wishing you the best whatever you decide to do.

truepeacenik
January 21st, 2017, 10:11 PM
That's terrible. :grouphug:

You don't have to leave the LHC. Hair is amazingly resilient. You may be surprised what a year or two can do.
Ed

So too, is the heart and mind.
Many years ago, I was attacked, and left for dead. It was a hate crime, done by skinheads. Lots of hair had to go. I didn't care much about it for a while. Indeed, it was simply let to grow, cut on occasion, and generally ignored.
I focused on different parts of my life.
Eventually I started to care again, in a different way.

I wish for you a full healing, and a sense of security.

DweamGoiL
January 21st, 2017, 10:13 PM
So sorry to learn what has happened to you. Don't feel pressure to be anything or feel anything other than what you are right now. If you need to take a break, take it, but don't feel you have to leave. You are always welcome here! :grouphug:

RavenRose
January 21st, 2017, 10:24 PM
I am so sorry about what has happened to you! It is tragic and very emotional and will take time to work through it! I wish you all the best though this journey!

I would hate to see you leave LHC, you have always been kind and helpful, and there is so much support here for you regardless of weather you grow your hair back out!

Llama
January 22nd, 2017, 12:25 AM
That's so awful, I'm sorry that happened to you :(
You have always been kind and helpful from what I've seen. I believe you will get past it and become stronger from this experience.

Hope you feel better soon :flowers:

reilly0167
January 22nd, 2017, 05:47 AM
I am so deeply sorry that you went through that, and I can only imagine the great difficulty of trying to recover. Please stay, you have great support here, hair or not. I wish nothing but bright blessings for you.

Mimha
January 22nd, 2017, 08:10 AM
YahirwaO.o !!! :bigeyes: Oh noooo !! :( :(

YahirwaO.o, how to say... WE LIKE YOU !! You are a most appreciated member here :heartbeat, and all of us would feel sad and worried to see you disappear and stay alone with your despair ! After what happened to you, it is only normal that you feel totally lost and distroyed. Give yourself time !... :grouphug: :grouphug:

I know how much you care for your hair. How much it is important for you. But you are not only your hair, Yahirwa. There is an awesome person behind that hair !...

You feel like Samson now : killed because your hair was struck. Give yourself time. And who knows : in some years you'll have grown your hair back and wear it in a nice catogan to cover the scar. The scar will remain but it will have another meaning : it will mean that it was not enough to kill you because you are far more than just your hair.

:blossom: :blossom:

calmyogi
January 22nd, 2017, 08:38 AM
There are threads just for short hair. If it isn't too painful you could lurk around on those for awhile to get new ideas and support for short hair. I believe spidermom started one recently.

I'm sorry this happened to you :(

CindyOfTheOaks
January 22nd, 2017, 08:52 AM
My heart is breaking for the pain you are feeling right now.
You have a good community here at your fingertips for strength, support and laughs whenever you need it.
I have faith in you, you will not let this horrific incident define you - you will rise above it and overcome it !

starfire
January 22nd, 2017, 09:03 AM
I am so sad to hear the news. Whatever you decide to do, please remember that you deserve happiness.

JillRenee
January 22nd, 2017, 04:24 PM
I am so sorry this happened to you. Whatever you decide, be gentle with yourself and take one day at a time. You have friends here. Whatever you decide to do, remember that your hair is there only to make you happy.

diddiedaisy
January 22nd, 2017, 05:58 PM
Well I certainly remember you. There are some disgusting people in this world, but there are plenty more good ones, and I believe from my own correspondence with you that you are in the latter. You are a good person and you must not let this horrible person take away anything from you other than the material things they have already taken. I know that you have put a lot of hard work into your hair, and I certainly understand your feelings of giving it up, but after a period of grieving and recovering from the attack I do hope you can find the strength to continue your journey.

If you want that hippie lifestyle and the long hair that goes with it, you go and get it. This is just a temporary set back. Please stay true to who you are and what your dreams are, because nobody can take that away from you no matter how hard some people will try.

Keep your fire burning :flower:

browneyedsusan
January 23rd, 2017, 06:32 AM
Wait a minute:
Something traumatic happened to you less than a week ago, and you're making life decisions? You are still in shock, Honey. Clearly. (Since when has it ever been a good idea to make decisions immediately after a trauma? Never, that's when. And it's obvious to me, because I'm NOT in shock! lol!) Through no fault of your own, your brains have shorted out. It's the trauma, not you. You'll heal up and function sort of normally again, but it might take a while.

You need to hole up and wait this out. Be very patient, put your life on auto-pilot = DO NOT MAKE ANY BIG DECISIONS, and heal up. Do not believe your shell-shocked brain. It's trying to save you from further hurt, but the chemistry is severly jacked up, and it can't do it's job. Not even close.

Wait for a couple weeks or months, lick your wounds, and heal up.

Just be patient and wait, Honey. Else, you'll end up with some self-inflicted wounds on accident.

Love from Susan

alimc
January 23rd, 2017, 07:50 AM
It sounds like you have suffered a huge trauma, physically and emotionally..... :sad

Trauma takes a long time to recover from. Work through your grief and pain, do what you have to do, but always have faith there are way more awesome people in the world than the awful person who attacked you....

Stay wih the forum, please dont isolate yourself.

Sending love and hugs and hoping you start to recover soon.... :heartbeat

yahirwaO.o
January 23rd, 2017, 02:05 PM
Guys I was reading all your posts in complete detail... and today after so many tears, so many restless nights with so much nightmares and anxiety, still so much pain.... It’s not fair for me to turn this huge pain into huge suffering.

It hurts so bad and trust me a lot.... to be in this kind of situation. However, I’m sort of bless with an amazing mom who supports me and loves me deeply, an amazing body that is already healing so great and you LHCers... amazing kind and lovely people who knows my hair concerns and don't point me out in a bad way... right the opposite, I feel the huge light show though your support and amazing beautiful comments.

... I decided to stop all the hurting and recognize the few beautiful things that surround me...that is what counts in life right? I know the huge trauma fighting is not going to overcome me... I’m more than I’m own hair ideal perception and evil event..... And surely little by little I’ll start to heal my soul and my spirit just where the real Yairh is!
I will look for a good therapy and some spiritual guide though these. Start again to meditate and as soon as I get better go to the woods and feel the nature connection Again if I have to make a 360 again, I'll give my self-in, this life needs to be enjoyed and have to learn from this horrible episode. (So easy to write, so difficult to perform)

Some of you are right; I have some amazing follicles and the thinning along with my scars just represent how strong my scalp and hair is. It was very abruptly decision to made the chop because the wound this time wasn’t as bad as the last car accident one (At first, paramedics made believe the opposite), I have a big crust which means the wound is about to be completely close now. Does this mean I will grow it back? I don’t know yet, I want the Beatles mod style and see from there but I can honestly say that my taste belongs to the long flowy hippie mane!

Now I have this short haircut IŽll keep an eye on the short hair thread support, I know this year is going to be crazy because of the so awful awkward length shedding posible episodes and the crazy layers from the cut (at least i know dutch braids, updos and the right use of bobby pins) so this time shouldn’t be bad... Also my hair grows rather fast too! Its amazing that I also saw a lot of youtubers who have short crazy pixie cuts bleach to hell to the point of breaking and their hair is now fairly healthy- long which is the longest IŽll go for and close to have I had!

Okay so IŽll uplod what my hair was last week and what it is currently!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240381_zps4kcdfgm8.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240381_zps4kcdfgm8.jpg.html)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240365_zps8rh57ni5.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240365_zps8rh57ni5.jpg.html)

I was the happest kid with my hair just last Monday, man!!!! :(

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/IMG_20170119_223722_411_zpspbusejex.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/IMG_20170119_223722_411_zpspbusejex.jpg.html)

This is before putting bandages on the actual wound at the back, gonna do it for another week. But I cut this myself with some bangs that I can side part them and makes this more bearable. IŽll try to enjoy the short cut while its growing! When the wound has healed completely and feel better…. I'll upload how the back is.

For now, I prefer to upload sporadically and not to check out other hair threads like some person mentioned, it is rather difficult to watch others with super great length and me feeling... well not great about it... Most important thing is to heal my mind body, soul and spirit again, so that’s why this decision.... And I think I will stay in this site, on friendship threads and not so focus on hair!

So yes I've decided not to leave LHC!!!! I adore you guys!!! :) HUGE THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT ONCE AGAIN!!!!

pili
January 23rd, 2017, 02:10 PM
Yay! You are staying! :D

Agnieszka
January 23rd, 2017, 02:18 PM
I know I'm not going to be helpful here but may I just say you look really good with long and short hair!

I'm very happy to hear that you have such an amazing Mum with you. I really wish you all the best and will look forward to hear future updates.

LadyCelestina
January 23rd, 2017, 02:26 PM
Yay! I'm glad you checked back and read through it! :)

Anje
January 23rd, 2017, 02:27 PM
I'm glad to hear that you're starting to get yourself re-centered. That's the most important thing, and it's definitely a long and hard road. I'm glad you've decided to stay. :) Remember that there are a LOT of people here (and I'm sure elsewhere) who know you're a wonderful, kind, thoughtful person and who care about you.

Schipperchow
January 23rd, 2017, 02:33 PM
Try to be kind to yourself and allow time to heal mentally and physically.

browneyedsusan
January 23rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
So very glad you're staying. :blossom:
Feel better in your skin.

(I didn't respond to the rest of your post, because others already communicated similiar love and support.)

FWIW: Not that anyone is comparing, but your hair is way denser than mine, even with the scars. You're a handsome little thing, and can totally wear your hair however you like. (Besides, chicks dig scars!)

More love,
Susan

Ophidian
January 23rd, 2017, 02:45 PM
Yay! I'm glad you're staying and I'm glad to hear that you have support from your family in your non-interwebs life too. That's big. Letting yourself be vulnerable and allowing others to support you is one of the bravest things I think a person can do, and I wish you all the best as you continue to heal :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 23rd, 2017, 02:47 PM
So glad you are staying! Hugs to you and give it time, it takes time to heal, emotionally and physically. We are all here to help you through it. You'll get there! You are already on the way to a better outlook. :)

lapis_lazuli
January 23rd, 2017, 02:49 PM
So glad you've decided to stick around! Time heals all wounds, both physical and mental, and with time, you /will/ get your hair back. This will not be permanent, reassure yourself of that. Be kind to yourself and focus on the beautiful things around you, as you said. I wish you luck on your recovery :)

yahirwaO.o
January 23rd, 2017, 03:51 PM
Yay! You are staying! :D

Yeah I hope it turns out ok! :agree:

Please stay true to who you are and what your dreams are, because nobody can take that away from you no matter how hard some people will try.

Keep your fire burning :flower:

Your words really shock me diddie, I know how hard was and still is but you seem to talk from such empaty state that it does resonate and will in my heart!!! Thanks you so so much!!!

I'm glad to hear that you're starting to get yourself re-centered. That's the most important thing, and it's definitely a long and hard road. I'm glad you've decided to stay. :) Remember that there are a LOT of people here (and I'm sure elsewhere) who know you're a wonderful, kind, thoughtful person and who care about you.

Thank you Anje, you are a relly sweet soul and like reading alot from you way before I joined this site!. I guess a good thing about this episode is that I re discover how wonderful is this site!

Try to be kind to yourself and allow time to heal mentally and physically.

I'll give my best. Promise

So very glad you're staying. :blossom:
Feel better in your skin.

(I didn't respond to the rest of your post, because others already communicated similiar love and support.)

FWIW: Not that anyone is comparing, but your hair is way denser than mine, even with the scars. You're a handsome little thing, and can totally wear your hair however you like. (Besides, chicks dig scars!)

More love,
Susan

Thanks for the compliment IŽve never been the kind of guy who chicks seem interested in.... But I do like the intention behind... and also how your pixie is now gone and you have lovely and so so long and beautiful hair that does give some hope to grow mine again!!! You are very kind Susan! Love back!!!

Yay! I'm glad you're staying and I'm glad to hear that you have support from your family in your non-interwebs life too. That's big. Letting yourself be vulnerable and allowing others to support you is one of the bravest things I think a person can do, and I wish you all the best as you continue to heal :blossom:

So glad you are staying! Hugs to you and give it time, it takes time to heal, emotionally and physically. We are all here to help you through it. You'll get there! You are already on the way to a better outlook. :)

So glad you've decided to stick around! Time heals all wounds, both physical and mental, and with time, you /will/ get your hair back. This will not be permanent, reassure yourself of that. Be kind to yourself and focus on the beautiful things around you, as you said. I wish you luck on your recovery :)

Thank you guls! Family and whetever thing that keeps me alive sure is something to apreciate, just as your lovely words!

Platzhalter
January 23rd, 2017, 03:54 PM
Woah... it's really hard for me to even imagine being in such a crappy state as you were. Only discovered and read this whole thread a few minutes ago and know you'll be staying, but this needs to be said: You've always seemed to be rather positve and strong even though bad things happened and may happen. So, you would've been missed. And as already mentioned, don't make big decisions when in shock... it's usually not a good idea.
Take all the time you need, avoid the threads/areas that make you feel bad and look for all the positive things and support you may be able to find, no matter how small.
Not to forget mentioning that your short cut looks quite nice as well :)

yahirwaO.o
January 23rd, 2017, 03:55 PM
I know I'm not going to be helpful here but may I just say you look really good with long and short hair!

I'm very happy to hear that you have such an amazing Mum with you. I really wish you all the best and will look forward to hear future updates.

Thanks, my mum is really an amazing soul im surprised by her love until this day. Thank for the compliment, actually a lot of people prefer me with short hair... but its just not my thing. I love flowy hair

CindyOfTheOaks
January 23rd, 2017, 04:15 PM
Guys I was reading all your posts in complete detail... and today after so many tears, so many restless nights with so much nightmares and anxiety, still so much pain.... It’s not fair for me to turn this huge pain into huge suffering.

It hurts so bad and trust me a lot.... to be in this kind of situation. However, I’m sort of bless with an amazing mom who supports me and loves me deeply, an amazing body that is already healing so great and you LHCers... amazing kind and lovely people who knows my hair concerns and don't point me out in a bad way... right the opposite, I feel the huge light show though your support and amazing beautiful comments.

... I decided to stop all the hurting and recognize the few beautiful things that surround me...that is what counts in life right? I know the huge trauma fighting is not going to overcome me... I’m more than I’m own hair ideal perception and evil event..... And surely little by little I’ll start to heal my soul and my spirit just where the real Yairh is!
I will look for a good therapy and some spiritual guide though these. Start again to meditate and as soon as I get better go to the woods and feel the nature connection Again if I have to make a 360 again, I'll give my self-in, this life needs to be enjoyed and have to learn from this horrible episode. (So easy to write, so difficult to perform)

Some of you are right; I have some amazing follicles and the thinning along with my scars just represent how strong my scalp and hair is. It was very abruptly decision to made the chop because the wound this time wasn’t as bad as the last car accident one (At first, paramedics made believe the opposite), I have a big crust which means the wound is about to be completely close now. Does this mean I will grow it back? I don’t know yet, I want the Beatles mod style and see from there but I can honestly say that my taste belongs to the long flowy hippie mane!

Now I have this short haircut IŽll keep an eye on the short hair thread support, I know this year is going to be crazy because of the so awful awkward length shedding posible episodes and the crazy layers from the cut (at least i know dutch braids, updos and the right use of bobby pins) so this time shouldn’t be bad... Also my hair grows rather fast too! Its amazing that I also saw a lot of youtubers who have short crazy pixie cuts bleach to hell to the point of breaking and their hair is now fairly healthy- long which is the longest IŽll go for and close to have I had!

Okay so IŽll uplod what my hair was last week and what it is currently!

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240381_zps4kcdfgm8.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240381_zps4kcdfgm8.jpg.html)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240365_zps8rh57ni5.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240365_zps8rh57ni5.jpg.html)

I was the happest kid with my hair just last Monday, man!!!! :(

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/IMG_20170119_223722_411_zpspbusejex.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/IMG_20170119_223722_411_zpspbusejex.jpg.html)

This is before putting bandages on the actual wound at the back, gonna do it for another week. But I cut this myself with some bangs that I can side part them and makes this more bearable. IŽll try to enjoy the short cut while its growing! When the wound has healed completely and feel better…. I'll upload how the back is.

For now, I prefer to upload sporadically and not to check out other hair threads like some person mentioned, it is rather difficult to watch others with super great length and me feeling... well not great about it... Most important thing is to heal my mind body, soul and spirit again, so that’s why this decision.... And I think I will stay in this site, on friendship threads and not so focus on hair!

So yes I've decided not to leave LHC!!!! I adore you guys!!! :) HUGE THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT ONCE AGAIN!!!!

I knew you were strong !
You are such a cutie pie and rock either look !
Glad to hear you are staying.
Find your center - the future is all yours !

embee
January 23rd, 2017, 05:18 PM
Thank you for choosing to stay here. :) Be well. Focus on your inner joy.

(You look fine with the short hair too.)

diddiedaisy
January 23rd, 2017, 05:37 PM
Wow, you are rocking that short hair, reminds me of Oasis, all attitude and broodiness!!! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better already and you have great support with your Mum. Happy hair growing :magic:

Thankyou for your kind words :)

yahirwaO.o
January 23rd, 2017, 06:35 PM
Woah... it's really hard for me to even imagine being in such a crappy state as you were. Only discovered and read this whole thread a few minutes ago and know you'll be staying, but this needs to be said: You've always seemed to be rather positve and strong even though bad things happened and may happen. So, you would've been missed. And as already mentioned, don't make big decisions when in shock... it's usually not a good idea.
Take all the time you need, avoid the threads/areas that make you feel bad and look for all the positive things and support you may be able to find, no matter how small.
Not to forget mentioning that your short cut looks quite nice as well :)

Yeah my leason learned here is not to take decision when Im in extreme anxiety, its better to do nothing and being focus to calm myself. IŽll avoid those and completly stay on the positive aspects. :)

I knew you were strong !
You are such a cutie pie and rock either look !
Glad to hear you are staying.
Find your center - the future is all yours !

Thanks for the encouragement in your words. Im strong and hopefully be back soon with nice hair!!!

Thank you for choosing to stay here. :) Be well. Focus on your inner joy.

(You look fine with the short hair too.)

IŽll sure go for my inner joy and not isolate this time! I feel better with your words.

Wow, you are rocking that short hair, reminds me of Oasis, all attitude and broodiness!!! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better already and you have great support with your Mum. Happy hair growing :magic:

Thankyou for your kind words :)

My pleasure! I do frickin enjoy Oasis (love their music). I had in my mind George Harrison 64' but I kinda like that it turned out more Noel Gallagher!

Thanks for the compliments on the short cut, Im trying to like it an enjoy the growing process! :)

sarahthegemini
January 23rd, 2017, 07:49 PM
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said but I will say this - your short hair looks fabulous!

AZDesertRose
January 23rd, 2017, 07:58 PM
I'm more sorry than I can say that this happened to you, and I'm very glad that you changed your mind and decided to stick around these parts. You would have been greatly missed if you'd decided to go and stay gone.

I love the Beatles/Oasis 'do; it looks great on you! :flower:

kittengirl
January 23rd, 2017, 08:21 PM
I am so glad you are staying!! Your new haircut looks lovely too!

FineMiracle
January 23rd, 2017, 09:51 PM
Awwww! :( I just joined this forum, but this really pulled on my heartstrings. I relate with you a lot based on how you feel. Even though I just joined, I'm super glad that you're staying. Think about it this way...it may take practice to start looking at things from this type of perspective, but mistakes help us to become stronger and better people. You can't have a diamond without pressure. You are strong, and all I genuinely see is a diamond that just got a whole lot shinier. Genuinely that is what I see. I think the biggest thing is that it makes people way more interesting and beautiful/handsome in a good way...your hair as well. Much love to you, hugs, and God bless! <3 <3 <3

Ellethwyn
January 24th, 2017, 08:58 AM
yahirwaO.o, that is awful!!! I'm really sorry to hear about your attack. I hope you feel better soon. I agree with the other posters, dont isolate yourself. We're here for you ! ((HUGS))

ETA: your new haircut looks really good!

Garnetgem
January 24th, 2017, 09:11 AM
So sorry this has happened to you but you no need to leave you are part of our community but i understand your feeling fragile now as its freshly happened..i too was assaulted violently in the past its partly why i grew my hair because it was something i could control..you will be surprised how the body heals but emotional healing can take longer..

i do remember your posts and if i recall you were the first to respond to my newbie post too a warm welcome is what i received from you!

don't let them change the person you are which is a sweet decent guy..please stick around where you will get support of the LHC hair short or long your the same person..stay strong.

Edit: oh i see your staying so glad :)

hayheadsbird
January 24th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Your hair looks fab, both short and long! And I'll echo everyone else saying I'm glad your sticking round <3

vampyyri
January 24th, 2017, 10:37 AM
I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I hope for a speedy recovery :grouphugs: I'm glad you're going to be sticking around!

Your hair still looks amazing by the way!

Mimha
January 24th, 2017, 11:27 AM
Yaaay, you are staying !! :joy:

Oh Yahirwa, you already sound so different than the other day ! So happy your mom is by your side ! Moms are so precious ! :heartbeat
And by the way, this short cut is not bad looking at all !! :thumbsup:

Serimel
January 24th, 2017, 12:00 PM
So happy you are staying and to hear you have a loving mom by your side. That's great. :3 you rock both of the hairstyles, I think your new look is ultra cool.

lapushka
January 24th, 2017, 02:42 PM
Think of it as leaving the past behind you & starting afresh. Once you're healed up, you can maybe maintain or start growing again. Good luck on the journey ahead. And I am glad you're staying. :flower:

FennFire911
January 24th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I really wish I was good with words and knew what to say. It's horrible what happened to you. I'm glad you decided not to leave LHC.
I hope you find peace and healing very soon.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
January 28th, 2017, 09:53 AM
You are an awesome inspiring being and have been a great part of my journey here at the LHC. I wish you great healing. I pray that as your health improves both emotionally, psychologically and physically that you may find the joy you shared with us here during your hair growing experience. Who knows maybe you might decide to grow again. Thank you for sharing your heart. Always be of good cheers and good luck.

cgirl
February 1st, 2017, 10:03 PM
I'm so glad you are staying. You look great! :flower:

Now is the time to take good care of yourself. :agree:

Eat well. :yumm:

Get plenty of rest. :sleep:

Drink lots of water. :spitting:

Relax and be good to yourself. :heart:

Here's to your healing journey. :toast:

omgitssarah
February 2nd, 2017, 07:04 AM
I'm so glad to see you're staying :heart: Not only does that short cut look nice on you, but it looks like it'll grow out well, should you decide to grow your hair out again!

Groovy Granny
February 2nd, 2017, 09:47 AM
I had been away.....just spotted your thread....and was very sad to read of your ordeal :( (((hugs)))
Time will heal the body and spirit; your hair looks great with the new cut!
One day at a time....go with your gut....be open to your new hair journey, and ENJOY EACH STAGE.
There are many lessons in this whole experience if you don't resist it.
Keep the faith; better days are ahead.
Blessings ~ GG :pray:

MudderOfDragunz
February 2nd, 2017, 05:16 PM
Whatever you do, do not isolate yourself. You need all the positive energy you can get at this time. You are not pathetic; you are a sweet soul who had a major trial in your life. You will get past this!

Can't agree with this more - do not isolate yourself. You are still you, and no can take that away. You should stay on the forums. I haven't been here for long, but I know what a support group this has been to so many people, and we all want to be here to help and lift you up.

I cannot imagine what you must be going through and I pray and hope that you are able to heal and grow stronger beyond this. You are allowed to be happy, and in time your hair will come back to reflect who you are on the inside. Don't let someone's selfish actions take away the people and things and spirit that make you into the wonderful person that you are.

Much love to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers <3.

Kae612
February 2nd, 2017, 07:27 PM
Many hugs <3 That sounds horrible, I am so sorry that it happened to you, and that you are feeling so low on yourself about it. I'm glad you are staying! I am glad you have support, and that the healing is going well. <3 <3 <3

Maybe it would be helpful to look at shorter stylings, to give you ideas for things you can do that might make you feel better about the hair you have? Once things are healed, of course. It looks like you gave yourself a good haircut! It looks quite nice in the photo.

I have had bald spots and very bad hair in my time, though not from anything as violent as what you've gone through, and I remember how embarrassed I felt when I didn't feel confident in my hair. It helped me to have a scarf/bandana that I liked so I could feel I looked nice on days I was feeling badly about my hair. I hope everything heals quickly for you, and you can feel better about your hair <3

Agnes Hannah
February 3rd, 2017, 10:51 AM
Just read this entire thread, what a terrible thing to have happened, I'm so sorry, there are some really horrible people in this world. But one thing I have learned is the power of the internet and the good it can do, how it can bring people together too. I'm glad you are staying with us, it means they have lost and that is what counts. Camaderie and friendship is what this world needs. Take care Yahirwa, we love you.:grouphug:

yahirwaO.o
February 6th, 2017, 11:24 AM
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said but I will say this - your short hair looks fabulous!
Thanks I've recieved a lot of good compliments! Im trying to like it!

I'm more sorry than I can say that this happened to you, and I'm very glad that you changed your mind and decided to stick around these parts. You would have been greatly missed if you'd decided to go and stay gone.

I love the Beatles/Oasis 'do; it looks great on you! :flower:

At the end, nice people like you force me to stay in a graceful manner. I coudlnt say no to this site

I am so glad you are staying!! Your new haircut looks lovely too!
Thank you, its somewhat okay to me!

Awwww! :( I just joined this forum, but this really pulled on my heartstrings. I relate with you a lot based on how you feel. Even though I just joined, I'm super glad that you're staying. Think about it this way...it may take practice to start looking at things from this type of perspective, but mistakes help us to become stronger and better people. You can't have a diamond without pressure. You are strong, and all I genuinely see is a diamond that just got a whole lot shinier. Genuinely that is what I see. I think the biggest thing is that it makes people way more interesting and beautiful/handsome in a good way...your hair as well. Much love to you, hugs, and God bless! <3 <3 <3

Transcendence all this pain and get to the light is pretty hard, im glad this touch you and decied to write this beutiful words. Im so grateful FineMiracle!!!

yahirwaO.o, that is awful!!! I'm really sorry to hear about your attack. I hope you feel better soon. I agree with the other posters, dont isolate yourself. We're here for you ! ((HUGS))

ETA: your new haircut looks really good!

I needed space for myself, but now its kinda hard to go out like so. Step by step im trying to recover my life, think im doing it just fine.

So sorry this has happened to you but you no need to leave you are part of our community but i understand your feeling fragile now as its freshly happened..i too was assaulted violently in the past its partly why i grew my hair because it was something i could control..you will be surprised how the body heals but emotional healing can take longer..

i do remember your posts and if i recall you were the first to respond to my newbie post too a warm welcome is what i received from you!

don't let them change the person you are which is a sweet decent guy..please stick around where you will get support of the LHC hair short or long your the same person..stay strong.

Edit: oh i see your staying so glad :)

I think I remeber reciving you, I've always tried to be a nice person in every human contact. I have changed but my good nature still remains. Yes Im staying!

Your hair looks fab, both short and long! And I'll echo everyone else saying I'm glad your sticking round <3
Thnaks. I really miss my long hair tho!!!!

I'm so sorry this happened to you, and I hope for a speedy recovery :grouphugs: I'm glad you're going to be sticking around!

Your hair still looks amazing by the way!

Recovery is happening, people here are incredibly friendly

Yaaay, you are staying !! :joy:

Oh Yahirwa, you already sound so different than the other day ! So happy your mom is by your side ! Moms are so precious ! :heartbeat
And by the way, this short cut is not bad looking at all !! :thumbsup:

Thank you beautiful Mimha, Im blessed with some good people and things, you are such a sweet soul!

So happy you are staying and to hear you have a loving mom by your side. That's great. :3 you rock both of the hairstyles, I think your new look is ultra cool.

I like it thanks, but Im desperatly to grow it out! Mom is such precious love in my life!

yahirwaO.o
February 6th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Think of it as leaving the past behind you & starting afresh. Once you're healed up, you can maybe maintain or start growing again. Good luck on the journey ahead. And I am glad you're staying. :flower:

Yes Im starting fresh all over again and a new oppotunity in life! Thank you so much for the good wish, you've always been a nice person in this site.

I really wish I was good with words and knew what to say. It's horrible what happened to you. I'm glad you decided not to leave LHC.
I hope you find peace and healing very soon.

No worries Im not good with words too, however I do understand good intentios and thats what counts to me. Im trying to find those and archive healing in my most hurt aspects

You are an awesome inspiring being and have been a great part of my journey here at the LHC. I wish you great healing. I pray that as your health improves both emotionally, psychologically and physically that you may find the joy you shared with us here during your hair growing experience. Who knows maybe you might decide to grow again. Thank you for sharing your heart. Always be of good cheers and good luck.

Muchas gracias Kat Rinne. This is one of the most beautiful messages I've recieved and make me somehow trust in life and people again. Your words are full of hope and love and I canŽt contain my inner joy when I read beautiful things. You are such a lovely soul!!!!!

I'm so glad you are staying. You look great! :flower:

Now is the time to take good care of yourself. :agree:

Eat well. :yumm:

Get plenty of rest. :sleep:

Drink lots of water. :spitting:

Relax and be good to yourself. :heart:

Here's to your healing journey. :toast:

He he yes!!!!!! I was having rather toxic habits like pushing and judging myself so harsh and now I've playing good with myself. That a great recipe forgreat healing. Thanks for making me remember things in life are somehow simple at times!!

I'm so glad to see you're staying :heart: Not only does that short cut look nice on you, but it looks like it'll grow out well, should you decide to grow your hair out again!
Thanks, I hope so. Im posting some pics and see form there

yahirwaO.o
February 6th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I had been away.....just spotted your thread....and was very sad to read of your ordeal :( (((hugs)))
Time will heal the body and spirit; your hair looks great with the new cut!
One day at a time....go with your gut....be open to your new hair journey, and ENJOY EACH STAGE.
There are many lessons in this whole experience if you don't resist it.
Keep the faith; better days are ahead.
Blessings ~ GG :pray:

So thankfull hearing from you Groovy, sure there is some learning in this. Hope my mind, soul and body get along and heal all together. Im doing my best!!!!

Can't agree with this more - do not isolate yourself. You are still you, and no can take that away. You should stay on the forums. I haven't been here for long, but I know what a support group this has been to so many people, and we all want to be here to help and lift you up.

I cannot imagine what you must be going through and I pray and hope that you are able to heal and grow stronger beyond this. You are allowed to be happy, and in time your hair will come back to reflect who you are on the inside. Don't let someone's selfish actions take away the people and things and spirit that make you into the wonderful person that you are.

Much love to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers <3.

Man..... Whe there is such fraternal love I get tears in my eyes because my heart feels so save and embrace. How alluring!!!! I can't explain how touch I feel. Mucho Amor!!!!

Many hugs <3 That sounds horrible, I am so sorry that it happened to you, and that you are feeling so low on yourself about it. I'm glad you are staying! I am glad you have support, and that the healing is going well. <3 <3 <3

Maybe it would be helpful to look at shorter stylings, to give you ideas for things you can do that might make you feel better about the hair you have? Once things are healed, of course. It looks like you gave yourself a good haircut! It looks quite nice in the photo.

I have had bald spots and very bad hair in my time, though not from anything as violent as what you've gone through, and I remember how embarrassed I felt when I didn't feel confident in my hair. It helped me to have a scarf/bandana that I liked so I could feel I looked nice on days I was feeling badly about my hair. I hope everything heals quickly for you, and you can feel better about your hair <3

Thnak you and yes, I've watching a lot of tutorial for short hair and its not as boring as it was in the past. Now that I know how to more hair stuff, this growing could even be well not a terrible nightmare. Its does suit me, but long hair is just easier and feels more me! ArenŽt people here the coolest thing in the planet???? ;)

Just read this entire thread, what a terrible thing to have happened, I'm so sorry, there are some really horrible people in this world. But one thing I have learned is the power of the internet and the good it can do, how it can bring people together too. I'm glad you are staying with us, it means they have lost and that is what counts. Camaderie and friendship is what this world needs. Take care Yahirwa, we love you.:grouphug:

Yes, I've never imagine so many good wished from all kinds of people. Its admirable how certain things can bring people together in a marvelous manner. I feel so gratified!!!!
I love you tooo guys!!

yahirwaO.o
February 6th, 2017, 12:23 PM
I needed a couple of days off to rest, rethink, start back at my life and respond most of your comments. Now its beyond wonderful the many positive feeback, prays and good vibes I've recieved from all kinds of people in this site. I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL LHCers!!!!

I was thinking of blogging in this site about my struggles and hair concers and leave this thread behind. As far as my body wounds, they have healed and still have bruises from the multiple hits. The knife cut is also going better but its pretty visible. Still I try my best to conceal it and not pay so much attention to it!

My hair while short is shedding but not so bad. As I have promised, here is my first back shot and since I cut so many layers around the area, you can't really see the wound or crust! Still my old wound scalp cleavage on the right is still seen ughh! The newest one is on the left since I have more hair there maybe it won't be as bad as the other.... I hope. Im pretty surprised with how my haircut turned out since I have never cut layers myself, bangs or short hair.

I have also started with egg honey treatments that helped a lot in the past with shedding, regrow, scalps isues as a whole and also great for hair itself.

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240535_zps4fcthffv.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240535_zps4fcthffv.jpg.html)

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y375/Marino_Torocho/P1240538_zpsmv5kv47d.jpg (http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/Marino_Torocho/media/P1240538_zpsmv5kv47d.jpg.html)

lunasea
February 6th, 2017, 05:55 PM
Your hair looks lovely, thick, and shiny! Open yourself to the world and one day you will rise above all that has happened to you and discover that you've grown the wings to fly! Until then: :grouphug:

Groovy Granny
February 6th, 2017, 09:48 PM
So thankfull hearing from you Groovy, sure there is some learning in this. Hope my mind, soul and body get along and heal all together. Im doing my best!!!!One day at a time; we're with you in spirit :grouphug:

I needed a couple of days off to rest, rethink, start back at my life and respond most of your comments. Now its beyond wonderful the many positive feeback, prays and good vibes I've recieved from all kinds of people in this site. I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL LHCers!!!!

I was thinking of blogging in this site about my struggles and hair concers and leave this thread behind. As far as my body wounds, they have healed and still have bruises from the multiple hits. The knife cut is also going better but its pretty visible. Still I try my best to conceal it and not pay so much attention to it!

My hair while short is shedding but not so bad. As I have promised, here is my first back shot and since I cut so many layers around the area, you can't really see the wound or crust! Still my old wound scalp cleavage on the right is still seen ughh! The newest one is on the left since I have more hair there maybe it won't be as bad as the other.... I hope. Im pretty surprised with how my haircut turned out since I have never cut layers myself, bangs or short hair.

I have also started with egg honey treatments that helped a lot in the past with shedding, regrow, scalps isues as a whole and also great for hair itself.

Your hair looks so healthy; love the color and shine.
All your TLC will thicken it up even more too, in those spots you are concerned about (but are not visible to us) :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny
February 6th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Forum hiccup = double post

Serimel
February 6th, 2017, 09:54 PM
Oh it truly is thick and shiny and perfect colour! It will grow sooner you know.

It's good you took some time to get yourself together again. I would love to read if you decided to start a blog! :)

vpatt
February 7th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Prayers and hugs to you! What a time for you, so much trauma and so much love and support. I pray for you to heal and to someday be able to use your experience for encouraging others. Be kind to yourself while you recover from this difficult time. Our hard times can help us understand and help and love others. I can see you are the type of person who will be an encourager to others when they are in pain. I pray for God's healing touch in your life.

Your hair is amazing, so shiny and healthy looking! I bet you will grow your hair again and love it. I understand feeling more comfortable with a certain style or length. You did such a great job with your cut! There is nothing wrong if you decide to keep a shorter cut. Your hair is a part of you, but you are also so much more than that.

Hugs and prayers and take care of yourself, I'm so glad you are staying!

Alun
February 8th, 2017, 06:34 PM
I was once beaten up by a random unknown guy in the street. He didn't even try to rob me, although the look in his eyes definitely suggested he was crazy. Didn't get hurt as badly as you, and it sounds like it happened to you before. I was with my wife and a friend of mine, another guy who also has long hair. I was trying to protect my wife, as she has a false leg, and this guy was clearly trying to push between us, which I couldn't let him do in case she fell. My friend tried to pull him off me, but that wasn't completely sucessful. At one time I had the opportunity to throw him over a low wall, and somehow couldn't bring myself to do it, even though I obviously should have.

Even though I didn't have wounds from all this, he kept rabbit punching me in my right temple, short punches over and over again in exactly the same place. To this day my hair doesn't grow as much on that side as on the other side. Anyway, I still have long hair. I know this isn't quite the same as your case because I didn't have to cut it for medical treatment.

The police were worse than useless. Couldn't get them to do anything. I could describe him and the group of people with him (who just stood there and did nothing) and I could tell them which way he was heading. He was on foot, so couldn't get far. They called it a 'domestic' and said they couldn't do anything where the victim knew the assailant, even though I made it very clear that I'd never seen the madman before in my life. ETA: The cops also tried to accuse me of being drunk, even though I clearly described that we were walking TO the pub when it happened, NOT home FROM the pub.

Don't know if any of this helps, but this is just to let you know that this kind of thing happens to other people too.