PDA

View Full Version : Bsl by December 2017

Haileemiller01
January 20th, 2017, 10:27 AM
I didn't see a bsl challenge so I thought I would start on. I'm currently at collarbone. My hair grows six inches a year. On me, bsl is six inches from my collarbone. I will probably do a six month check in I should be armpit length by then. Anyone else trying to reach bsl? My hair goal is hip. Which is 18 inches from my collarbone so that is three years away.

SwanFeathers
January 20th, 2017, 11:54 AM
I am at the same length, so I will join. My goal is classic, but I will probably not see it for another 5yrs.

Arctic
January 20th, 2017, 12:02 PM
I can pop in from time to time, I am sort of growing to BSL (it's my end goal) but I tend to trim so much it's very slow going :D I said sort of growing, because I don't crave for length or be in hurry, so I am not really actively growing. My growth has also been weird in the past year, not even at all and I also had long stall in the summer. I was supposed to be at BSL by the end of last year but I'm still at APL ha ha.

I could never make it from collarbone to BSL in a year myself, even with no trimming I usually get about 12 cm per year and it would take at least 2 years, I am quite tall with long torso.

lapushka
January 20th, 2017, 01:28 PM
BSL is 6 inches from your collarbone... really? Isn't it more?

Arctic
January 20th, 2017, 01:58 PM
BSL is 6 inches from your collarbone... really? Isn't it more? That's what I was wondering too, to be honest. I haven't measured but mine is probably twice that. But I am tall with long torso and I wear my bra rather low. Someone with the opposite of me can have very different distances.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 20th, 2017, 02:10 PM
BSL is 6 inches from your collarbone... really? Isn't it more?
The distance is 6" from CBL to BSL for me.
Took me about 1.5 years to get from shoulder to BSL. Some people are built differently. I have a short torso so one can assume the same may be for OP.

lapushka
January 20th, 2017, 02:13 PM
The distance is 6" from CBL to BSL for me.
Took me about 1.5 years to get from shoulder to BSL. Some people are built differently. I have a short torso so one can assume the same may be for OP.

I have a short torso too, but it took me more than 6 inches from collarbone to BSL. But that's just me. :shrug:

Mrstran
January 20th, 2017, 03:26 PM
I'm at APL now, but there is no way I'm getting to BSL in 6 months.
My growth has slowed dramatically. I should be at BSL around October-December 2017.

Rhoward
January 20th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I'm at APL now, but there is no way I'm getting to BSL in 6 months.
My growth has slowed dramatically. I should be at BSL around October-December 2017.

Me too! I'm a bit past APL now but BSL on me is very close to MBL I was originally hoping to be BSL by June but I think I'm seriously looking closer to the end of the year as well. Good to know I'm not the only one! :blossom:

Mrstran
January 20th, 2017, 08:52 PM
Me too! I'm a bit past APL now but BSL on me is very close to MBL I was originally hoping to be BSL by June but I think I'm seriously looking closer to the end of the year as well. Good to know I'm not the only one! :blossom:

We will get there :) just keep your chin up. It will be here before you know it. Though we may just get lucky when spring rolls around and get a little boost!

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 12:59 AM
OP, I don't mean to sound like I'm in any way doubting you. That surely was not my intention. It's just well, I have a pretty short torso, and I needed a lot longer than a year to reach BSL from collarbone. I hope that doesn't disappoint if that might be the case with you too. :flower:

Coral Grimes
January 24th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Thanks for starting this thread! I joined the waist by December '17 but this is a lot more realistic for me. I'm hoping for BSL unstretched (possibly nearing waist stretched) by the end of the year so I'll probably meander in and out of both threads. ;)

Arctic
January 24th, 2017, 07:28 AM
My hair is not long from "BSB", that is, bottom of shoulder blade length. Some people use that in stead of BSL, and maybe those two are close on them. On me they are great distance apart, and I will treat them as two seperate milestones. How're they on others here? Close or far away?

At the same train of thought, I compared the bottom of my bra band (which I consider BSL) to a measuring tape wrapped around my body under my boobs (or pecks for men, this method is often recommended for those not wearing a bra) and on me they are exactly the same, so this method seems very valid to me.

And then there is the MBL, mid-back length. I don't see this often anymore but years ago MBL was often used synonymously with BSL, adopted often by those not wearing bra. These days it seems to gained it's own status as a seperate milestone. There is no real definition to MBL though and I have seen handful of different interpretations. For me I define it as the spot bwteen APL and waist - coinsidently that happens to be exactly where my BSL is, so to me these are interchangeable. Maybe I could start think of it as the point between BSL and waist, cause the distance is quite long for me, but somehow I can't. I seem to have made my mind where it is and everything else seems wrong, ha ha.

pili
January 24th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I'll join in here. I measure stretched, but I mark the mile markers visually. I am also in the waist by December thread, but that is only stretched. I'm not sure I'll actually hit BSL by the end of the year. My curl dictates visual length, but I'm hoping.

alimc
January 24th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Id LOVE to join this challenge! I should be well on my way to bsl my xmas, but who knows, by a hairy miracle i might get there..... :redgrin:

ephemeri
January 24th, 2017, 05:07 PM
I'm thinking I should join this thread. I am also in the waist by December 2017. I think I will hit waist stretched or semi-stretched, and am pretty confident I can hit BSL wavy/curly. The plight of the non-straight-haired is there are always two measurements!

Cheers to all and happy growing! :toast:

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 24th, 2017, 08:00 PM
My longest hairs have hit BSL but I think i will join this forum because i have shorter layers at APL that need to catch up... makes my hair look shorter than it actually is.

Coral Grimes
January 25th, 2017, 03:27 AM
BSL and bottom of shoulder blade are basically the same on me, but since I don't always wear a bra (and I do always have shoulder blades) I'll probably just go by BSB.

I took a length pic last night (first one since end of October) and could actually see some progress so that's encouraging, even if I am stalling a bit at the moment!

Chocowalnut
January 25th, 2017, 04:32 AM
My goal is bsl by the end of this year too. I'm in

Obsidian
January 25th, 2017, 05:56 AM
I'm in, if I don't have a stall I should be able to hit BSB by Dec. My bras ride high so I'll use my shoulder blades as a mile stone.

wo
January 25th, 2017, 09:31 AM
My true length should be bsl by April/May, but my curly length might not look like that until the end of year, so this sounds like the right time frame for me.

Haileemiller01
February 17th, 2017, 02:23 PM
I didn't see a bsl challenge so I thought I would start on. I'm currently at collarbone. My hair grows six inches a year. On me, bsl is six inches from my collarbone. I will probably do a six month check in I should be armpit length by then. Anyone else trying to reach bsl? My hair goal is hip. Which is 18 inches from my collarbone so that is three years away.

I'm sorry it's 9 not six lol but still trying to get 6 inches this year. I measure bsl from collar bone to bottom of boob.