PDA

View Full Version : Eggs Every Day Challenge

StartingAt35
January 20th, 2017, 01:31 AM
Hello :) I've decided to challenge myself to eat eggs every day and since it's supposed to be a great hair growth food I was wondering if some other people wanted to tag along? I don't care how many eggs or how long you do it, but I'm gonna aim for 2-3 a day without a time limit. The only rule as far as I'm concerned is that you eat at least one whole egg a day. The preparation doesn't matter, veggie omelettes or cakes, it's all cool. :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 20th, 2017, 01:33 AM
I use to eat eggs everyday. Still do pretty much. I don't notice growth from it. I've never heard of eating eggs benefiting hair growth. I mean it's a good source of protein, very good for your health to eat. But in regard to actual growth? My hair grows the same speed eggs or not. Lol.

truepeacenik
January 20th, 2017, 01:35 AM
Not in this lifetime.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

Llama
January 20th, 2017, 01:41 AM
Lol the title of this thread makes it sound so fancy- "challange" :)

Eggs are one of my favorite foods and I eat them pretty often but not every day.

They are healthy but not good for every day consumption from what I've heard. I think because of how high they are in cholesterol.

littlestarface
January 20th, 2017, 01:50 AM
I eat them everyday with, mushrooms, tapatio, deviled eggs, egg salad sandwich, egg sandwich, omelet, french toast, eggs with tomato jalapeno onions and fried corn tortilla pieces.. you name it I eat it I love eggs but I know for sure they never make my hair any better or else my hair would be perfect and beautiful, instead of my usual scraggly thin mess.

Chromis
January 20th, 2017, 05:21 AM
I eat eggs every day already! I'd be overflowing with them if I didn't :lol:

lapushka
January 20th, 2017, 05:25 AM
I love hard-boiled eggs as snacks. With a tiny bit of salt on every bite. Yummy!

hanne jensen
January 20th, 2017, 07:13 AM
I'll join the challenge for one month. At least one egg a day.

StartingAt35
January 20th, 2017, 07:58 AM
Lol the title of this thread makes it sound so fancy- "challange" :)

Eggs are one of my favorite foods and I eat them pretty often but not every day.

They are healthy but not good for every day consumption from what I've heard. I think because of how high they are in cholesterol.

Haha, I seem to have messed the spelling up, and I don't think I can change. But on topic, eggs did get a bad rep for their cholesterol but apparently it's been proven to be unharmful unless you're already at risk for heart disease.

StartingAt35
January 20th, 2017, 08:00 AM
I use to eat eggs everyday. Still do pretty much. I don't notice growth from it. I've never heard of eating eggs benefiting hair growth. I mean it's a good source of protein, very good for your health to eat. But in regard to actual growth? My hair grows the same speed eggs or not. Lol.

I think it's mostly useful for people who's diet normally doesn't really give them all the nutrients they need. Otherwise it probably doesn't have much of an effect :)

vampyyri
January 20th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Eggs are a good source for protein for me (vegetarian) so I'm in, I need to eat eggs more often... I have a carton of cage free eggs sitting in the fridge doing a whole lotta nothing for the past week. I usually just depend on cheese (lots of it) and beans to get my protein :lol: I think some cheese & bean omelets are in my future :yumm:

triumphator!
January 20th, 2017, 08:29 AM
Not in this lifetime.

I'm confused. The majority of this article supports regularly eating eggs for most people.

While it’s true that egg yolks have a lot of cholesterol—and so may weakly affect blood cholesterol levels—eggs also contain nutrients that may help lower the risk for heart disease, including protein, vitamins B12 and D, riboflavin, and folate.

A solid body of research shows that for most people, cholesterol in food has a much smaller effect on blood levels of total cholesterol and harmful LDL cholesterol than does the mix of fats in the diet. Recent research has shown that moderate egg consumption—up to one a day—does not increase heart disease risk in healthy individuals (1, 2) and can be part of a healthy diet.

Is this what you are referencing?

People who have difficulty controlling their total and LDL cholesterol may want to be cautious about eating egg yolks and instead choose foods made with egg whites. The same is true for people with diabetes. In the Nurses’ Health Study and Health Professionals Follow-up Study, heart disease risk was increased among men and women with diabetes who ate one or more eggs a day. (1) For people who have diabetes and heart disease, it is best to limit egg consumption to no more than three yolks per week.

While a 2008 report from the ongoing Physicians’ Health Study supports the idea that eating an egg a day is generally safe for the heart, it also suggests that going much beyond that could increase the risk for heart failure later in life.

triumphator!
January 20th, 2017, 08:33 AM
In other news, I eat one hard boiled egg a day. They are delicious with some Canadian Steak Seasoning (blend of pepper, salt, dash of garlic, something else I can't put my finger on) :p

lapushka
January 20th, 2017, 08:36 AM
In other news, I eat one hard boiled egg a day. They are delicious with some Canadian Steak Seasoning (blend of pepper, salt, dash of garlic, something else I can't put my finger on) :p

Yep yep yep, that's how I like mine, with some salt or some seasoning (Dr. Vogel Herbamare) on it.

Nymphe
January 20th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I will join you by eating at least two daily. I need to anyways to help build muscle, since they are a complete protein.

Serimel
January 20th, 2017, 08:53 AM
I'm in. Minimum 1 egg a day. But not planning to eat more than 1 yolk a day. ^_^

truepeacenik
January 20th, 2017, 09:51 AM
Not in this lifetime.

To clarify, I don't personally eat eggs.
When I did, in my first year of vegetarianism, my meat and egg eating doc told me, a young teenager (14), to limit to three a week.
The Harvard study makes note of yolk consumption.

Chromis
January 20th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Haha, I seem to have messed the spelling up, and I don't think I can change. But on topic, eggs did get a bad rep for their cholesterol but apparently it's been proven to be unharmful unless you're already at risk for heart disease.

Mod: I fix :magic:

You can report your own post to ask us to fix titles, no problem at all!

Not mod - Your body makes more cholesterol than you could possibly eat in a day. In fact it makes it all by itself even if you don't eat any. If you do eat it, your body makes less. There are more and more studies disproving the lipid theory of heart disease, but the US has stubbornly clung to bad science.

I will let you do your own research, there are entire books on the subject, much more than a post's worth! This one is very clear and has extensive references: https://www.amazon.com/Cholesterol-Myths-Exposing-Fallacy-Saturated/dp/0967089700

StartingAt35
January 21st, 2017, 02:18 AM
There seems to be a few people joining me so I figured I could tell you guys my favourite ways to eat eggs :)
Hard boiled egg on Swedish crispbread, scrambled eggs (with or without toast), fried eggs as a "food topping" and egg sauce (a variation on bechamel) with fish.

Serimel
January 21st, 2017, 02:51 AM
StartingAt35 omnomnom your list makes me yearn for more eggs although I just had a nice mushroom omelette for breakfast. My favourite way of eating eggs is definitely different kind of omelettes with toasted rye bread and/or salad on the side.

Alissalocks
January 21st, 2017, 06:51 AM
Eggs are high in biotin as well I believe? I revived a thread recently on increasing biotin naturally through one's diet (as opposed to buying biotin supplements). No one felt like responding though (except lapushkato tell me that it probably wouldn't work). :)

I'll be watching to see everyone's egg-eating results! I've added more almonds back into my diet for now, and would like to give that a month or so before trying any other dietary changes. I doubt any of it will make my hair grow faster, as mentioned, but I like to think it might!

Apolli
January 21st, 2017, 08:45 AM
Eggs are high in biotin as well I believe? I revived a thread recently on increasing biotin naturally through one's diet (as opposed to buying biotin supplements). No one felt like responding though (except lapushkato tell me that it probably wouldn't work). :)

I'll be watching to see everyone's egg-eating results! I've added more almonds back into my diet for now, and would like to give that a month or so before trying any other dietary changes. I doubt any of it will make my hair grow faster, as mentioned, but I like to think it might!

Not sure about availability but raw egg white has a protein that can bind to biotin in the gut and interfere with the body's ability to absorb it. Ingesting raw egg whites over a long period (months or years) can result in a biotin deficiency.

Not saying that eggs don't contain biotin though, as I sincerely don't remember anything about that.

Chromis
January 21st, 2017, 08:59 AM
I eat them fried in a bit of butter as breakfast, along with a blob of liverwurst, some cheese, and some kind of meaty bit (sausage, bacon, steak, whatever is in the fridge, just a bit)

I also like the strategy of "put an egg on top"! One of my favourite, favourite breakfasts is homemade re-fried beans with an egg and some cheese and drizzled with crema (or sour cream or creme fraise, they are all similar and there is always one of the three in our fridge, we are super big on the dairy). Several countries we have been to in SE Asia let you add a fried egg to just about any meal and around here it is also a common add-on for burgers. At home I like adding a fried egg on top of my delicious homemade soups and we often like having breakfast for dinner or some sort of combo - steak with Brussel sprouts in cream sauce, carrots, and fried quail eggs was dinner last night for example. (I keep quails, so we eat many quail eggs and we ate lots of chicken eggs when we had our chooks before that) ((And double extra note, yes, yes I know in these days steak has a bad rap. It is also one of the easiest to find as a nice grassfed pastured local meat. We eat lots of lamb too, but steak is cheaper. Heck, steak is cheaper than pastured chicken around here! And by steak I don't mean fancy cuts, plus we eat a lot of roasts too and offal.))

When I am overflowing in eggs midsummer I start making egg salad and devilled eggs and choosing recipes based on how many eggs they called for. Pre-keto I made scones instead of biscuits since those need an extra egg and I always put an egg in my bread recipes. Give bread a bit of extra richness and a lovely crumb. I pick quiche recipes based on how many eggs they use too :laugh: I have also tried the fancy trick of cracking eggs onto pizza (this works better with quail eggs I think)

Platzhalter
January 22nd, 2017, 06:57 AM
We already eat eggs every single day (unless we forgot to buy a new package), so it's not that much of a challenge. The big thing for us is that eggs are a relatively cheap source of protein aside from beans (or legumes in general) and easy to have as snack. Never understood the fuzz that's made about them though... and my growth rate is generally good, but that's usually genetics ;)

pili
January 22nd, 2017, 12:18 PM
To clarify, I don't personally eat eggs.
When I did, in my first year of vegetarianism, my meat and egg eating doc told me, a young teenager (14), to limit to three a week.
The Harvard study makes note of yolk consumption.

Not in this lifetime.

Most likely the Sugar Industry was heavily influencing the vilification of eggs and dietary cholesterol when you were 14: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493739074/50-years-ago-sugar-industry-quietly-paid-scientists-to-point-blame-at-fat

Mod: I fix :magic:

You can report your own post to ask us to fix titles, no problem at all!

Not mod - Your body makes more cholesterol than you could possibly eat in a day. In fact it makes it all by itself even if you don't eat any. If you do eat it, your body makes less. There are more and more studies disproving the lipid theory of heart disease, but the US has stubbornly clung to bad science.

I will let you do your own research, there are entire books on the subject, much more than a post's worth! This one is very clear and has extensive references: https://www.amazon.com/Cholesterol-Myths-Exposing-Fallacy-Saturated/dp/0967089700 Thanks for stating that Chromis! Totally agree. I have been eating eggs daily fo a long time, too. We also have chickens, so it's necessary!

Totty
January 22nd, 2017, 01:09 PM
Already eating one a day. Can't say my hair is growing faster or stronger

Alissalocks
January 22nd, 2017, 06:53 PM
Of all the folks in this thread who are already eating this way, what is your monthly average hair growth? Really curious! :)

pili
January 22nd, 2017, 07:01 PM
Of all the folks in this thread who are already eating this way, what is your monthly average hair growth? Really curious! :)

I haven't yet tracked a full anual cycle, but winter is slow for me and I am growing about 0.5", last summer I had a month were I grew 1.33".

littlestarface
January 22nd, 2017, 07:11 PM

Wish I could answer but I never tracked my growth. I eat at least 2 eggs a day since I was small but my hair aint all that nor does it grow like bamboo.

Chromis
January 22nd, 2017, 07:13 PM
I am pretty close to terminal and have eaten this way a long time, so I am not much help there! (I don't measure anymore and could not actually tell you how many centimetres my hair is now because it is hard to hold a ruler to it now haha)

lapushka
January 23rd, 2017, 01:10 AM
I get my "regular" half an inch. It's never ever been different (I wish). I don't eat eggs on a daily basis, however, I do get plenty of protein.

Nymphe
January 23rd, 2017, 03:31 AM
Eating eggs on the regular never accelerated my hair growth rate, but it has helped improve the quality of the hair strands as come out my scalp.

triumphator!
January 23rd, 2017, 08:30 AM
My favorite way to eat eggs is to crack them into tomato sauce and let them cook for like 5-7 minutes, then serve over some sauteed spinach... ugh god so good

Carolyn
January 23rd, 2017, 08:36 AM
I've always eaten a lot of scrambled eggs. Never fried or hard boiled. I can't stand gross cooked egg white. Stinky, grossly slimy in my mouth, and the taste gags me. I've been like that since I was a little kid. But scrambled is great. I had 3 on Friday, 3 on Sunday and 2 today. I will probably have another 3-6 before next Friday. My hair has always grown a half inch per month and even with eating more eggs and taking hair supplements I maybe will get an extra 1/8" per month now and then. I think I'm genetically programmed for the standard half inch per month. I've upped my egg consumption due to severely cutting back on carbs. I need something to eat!

StartingAt35
January 23rd, 2017, 09:07 AM
My favorite way to eat eggs is to crack them into tomato sauce and let them cook for like 5-7 minutes, then serve over some sauteed spinach... ugh god so good

That sounds delicious!I should get some tomato sauce and try it out :)

mdvl
January 23rd, 2017, 01:31 PM
Because of existing laws against false and misleading advertising eggs or egg products can not be labeled as being healthy or nutritious. Since eggs have the amount of cholesterol they do (plus all the saturated fat) the words healthy and nutritious are problematic when it comes to eggs. This is the USDA saying this. You can wach video about ithere (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/).

littlestarface
January 23rd, 2017, 01:39 PM
I dunno why but when something says about how unhealthy something is it makes me wanna eat it more. I already had my 2 eggs today but it makes me wanna make a egg salad sandwich now yum!

Nymphe
January 23rd, 2017, 01:53 PM
Because of existing laws against false and misleading advertising eggs or egg products can not be labeled as being healthy or nutritious. Since eggs have the amount of cholesterol they do (plus all the saturated fat) the words healthy and nutritious are problematic when it comes to eggs. This is the USDA saying this. You can wach video about ithere (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/who-says-eggs-arent-healthy-or-safe/).

I do not care about the USDA. They failed to protect us from all kinds of crap now in our food supply and the food pyramids they have created over the years actually encouraged obesity. I still remember the vilification of coconut oil.

pili
January 23rd, 2017, 01:56 PM
Again, please refer to my post above. BIG sugar paid to skew and pad reasearch in their favor. The same research the government used for their guidelines. Saturated fat and dietary cholesterol are not the villains they've been painted to be.

Kimberly
January 23rd, 2017, 02:04 PM
I ate heaps of eggs when I had chickens. Store eggs need more dressing up for me -- they don't taste the same. But I still eat a lot of them, and like to use them in place of the beans I'm allergic to, in a big ol breakfast burrito. They're good poached in spaghetti sauce, or a plain omelette cut into strips and tossed in a salad or with a light sauce on pasta. Oh heck, I learned so many ways to make eggs when I had my flock, I could go on like Bubba did about shrimp. :-)

Oh yah, and: quiche!!! Yum.

Edit: thanks to this thread, I have eggs on my mind. Now I'm planning a crustless no-cheese broccoli quiche for dinner (works great in a microwave). I'd put in cheese if I hadn't run out, but I'll amp up the flavor with the sautéed shallots and all that. :-)

StartingAt35
February 2nd, 2017, 09:24 AM
Quick breakfast recipe: Put some frozen (chopped) spinach in a warm frying pan. Thaw and then add water/broth/stock/bouillon until it's's become "saucy". Season to taste. Crack however many eggs you want into it and cook them until they're "done". Optional: flip when the whites are almost completely cooked.

kuroi
February 2nd, 2017, 10:09 AM
Just like the sugar industry tries to take the blame of diseases off itseld, so does the egg industry about cholesterol and saturated fat.
http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-the-egg-board-designs-misleading-studies/
I don't want to offend anyone that believes eggs are healthy (or help hair growth). I used to believe that too (I ate about 10 eggs per week) untill I starting getting chest pains. That became more and more regular untill I decided to quit eating them.

littlestarface
February 2nd, 2017, 11:39 AM
Just like the sugar industry tries to take the blame of diseases off itseld, so does the egg industry about cholesterol and saturated fat.
I don't want to offend anyone that believes eggs are healthy (or help hair growth). I used to believe that too (I ate about 10 eggs per week) untill I starting getting chest pains. That became more and more regular untill I decided to quit eating them.

What do you eat to get that trim little figure is what I wanna know lol.

Chromis
February 2nd, 2017, 11:52 AM

The studies I have read were not funded by the egg industry.

Also, you are quoting from an extreme vegan website that contains quite a lot of questionable science. (They are not exactly up front about their aims either). I respect people's choice to because vegetarian or vegan for animal welfare issues, but do not feel that this is a healthier course of action nutritionally speaking. In any event, the thread is for people who want to eat eggs, not those who are opposed to them. I wouldn't go into a conditioner-only thread to tell people how much I hate conditioner after all.

Totty
February 2nd, 2017, 12:59 PM

Maybe I can help a bit. I think I have pre everyday-one-egg-a-day but postpartum or pregnant measurement for one whole year. I can measure this year.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y265/tottyspics/Screenshot_2017-02-02-21-11-03.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/tottyspics/media/Screenshot_2017-02-02-21-11-03.jpg.html)

January 1st 2015: 94 cm

Last baby August 2014, breastfed til February 2016

January 1st 2017 95 cm

Groovy Granny
February 2nd, 2017, 01:07 PM

I have always had eggs daily....years and years.
I grow.5"/month usually, and maybe a wee bit more during the Summer, when I seems to grow faster (but haven't paid attention actually)

PixieP
February 2nd, 2017, 04:39 PM
I've had hardboiled eggs for my supper basically every day for two months and it hasn't done a thing for my growth. There isn't any one magical thing; it's the sum of what you eat that will affect your hair.

Greenfire
February 2nd, 2017, 09:22 PM
I love eggs! When I feed them to my pets, their hair gets super shiny and soft, so even if it's not helping with the growth, I'm certain it does something for the quality.

One way I like to eat eggs, is "eggs and chips" (french fries dipped in runny egg yolk from eggs cooked sunny side up!)

Rebeccalaurenxx
February 2nd, 2017, 11:19 PM
I get 1/2" each month (usually) and I eat eggs frequently. I also take vitamins and eat right too though. Once again I doubt my growth was ever effected by my consumptions of eggs lol

Alex Lou
February 3rd, 2017, 01:15 AM
What a controversial topic.

I doubt eggs will help with growth unless you have a deficiency.

We're still lacking in info about how consuming eggs affects cholesterol. But I do consider them a miracle food because they are so packed with nutrition. I did eat 1 egg a day while pregnant and while nursing for the first half a year or so. I love them just barely hard-boiled so the yolk is firm but custardy translucent. Scrambling and microwaving an egg in a mug is a quick way to prepare just one if you're feeling lazy.

Alex Lou
February 3rd, 2017, 10:03 AM
Eating my egg poached on whole wheat toast with tomatoes, bell peppers, green onions, and chili sauce

littlestarface
February 3rd, 2017, 10:12 AM
I love to cook my eggs first fried in butter, then adding in a couple of ice cubes or really cold water and covering them with a lid so that the steam cooks the top of them without me having to flip them. So cream delicious eggs this way yum!

StartingAt35
February 3rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Boiled eggs are a nice addition to soups, especially creamy ones.

Kimberly
February 3rd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Quick breakfast recipe: Put some frozen (chopped) spinach in a warm frying pan. Thaw and then add water/broth/stock/bouillon until it's's become "saucy". Season to taste. Crack however many eggs you want into it and cook them until they're "done". Optional: flip when the whites are almost completely cooked.

Mmmm! Adding spinach to my grocery list right now! Thank you :)

PixieP
February 3rd, 2017, 02:03 PM
Boiled eggs are a nice addition to soups, especially creamy ones.

In Norway hard-boiled eggs are traditional in tomato soup, it's sooo nice :D

spidermom
February 3rd, 2017, 02:16 PM
I only manage 2-4 eggs per week. There's something about eggs that make me feel kind of pukey sometimes, especially if the yolk isn't cooked all the way through.

Silverbleed
February 3rd, 2017, 02:42 PM
I love making myself some Tamagoyaki after a workout. This challenge is something I've already been doing my entire life haha.

CindyOfTheOaks
February 3rd, 2017, 04:32 PM
Am I the only one here that simply cannot do this ?

I see this thread and giggle...

If I were to eat an egg every day I would lose all of my friends and probably my job :lol:

They seem to do bad things to my innards !

Garnetgem
February 3rd, 2017, 09:25 PM
I have eggs everyday for years now whether its fried boiled poached or in an omelette..as for growing my hair unsure but its very glossy hmm the eggs maybe who knows..plus many foods contain eggs anyway so many of use eat them without even realizing it!

ChloeDharma
February 3rd, 2017, 10:34 PM
I went through a phase where I got obsessed with omelettes. I was doing them every day but wasn't tracking my hair growth, I assumed the eggs would be helping though.
My favourite was to fry onions in coconut oil then whisk two eggs with turmeric and black pepper. When the omelette was nearly cooked I would top it with cheese so that would melt and go all gooey and nice then serve it up folded over. I'd have it with a zingy juice as it was quite rich and oily but delicious.

StartingAt35
February 4th, 2017, 12:48 AM
In Norway hard-boiled eggs are traditional in tomato soup, it's sooo nice :D

I should try that, it sounds nice :) Here in Sweden the classic is spinach soup with eggs.

kuroi
February 4th, 2017, 06:15 AM
The studies I have read were not funded by the egg industry.

Also, you are quoting from an extreme vegan website that contains quite a lot of questionable science. (They are not exactly up front about their aims either). I respect people's choice to because vegetarian or vegan for animal welfare issues, but do not feel that this is a healthier course of action nutritionally speaking. In any event, the thread is for people who want to eat eggs, not those who are opposed to them. I wouldn't go into a conditioner-only thread to tell people how much I hate conditioner after all.

Like I said I don't want to offend anyone, I just hope people are aware of risks and check it out when they get signs of heart problems like I did.
Not everyone will be as sensitive as I am but it's just something to remember.
I was just worried about peoples health when I read to title and wanted to share my experience.

O yeah some extra info about the link I showed in my earlier post, it isn't from a vegan site but from a doctor who tries to collect as many studies about nutrition. He tries to be as objective as possible but he's seen a lot of people die because of heart disease. His aim is to collect as much information as possible and help people with diseases that can be influenced by nutrition. Yes he advices a plant based diet but that's not the same as vegan although I understand the confusion. But this is based on studies about nutrition while vegan is more an ethical thing.

There are loads of studies that say the higher the percentage of someone's diet consist of whole plant food the healthier someone is.
And not everyone is going to agree how high that percentage should be. And it might differ from person to person how much might be optimal.

Please be your own judge about what you think is right for you, but looking at different sources for information of information without immediately thinking its wrong can help make the correct decision for you.
And listening to your own body is always important.

Again please don't be offended

Chromis
February 4th, 2017, 08:47 AM
I have read his book, that is why I said he is vegan. The website itself does not say so, which I feel is a bit dishonest. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence from lipid scientists that it is sugar and vegetable oil, not cholesterol that should be cut.

I am currently reading this: https://www.amazon.ca/Deep-Nutrition-Your-Genes-Traditional/dp/0615228380 and when I finish, I will be reading many of the studies they cited as I do with all such books. Do not rely on snippets from websites or things "everyone" knows.

kuroi
February 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
I also believe vegetable oil andere sugar are unhealthy that doesn't automatically mean cholesterol isn't bad though.
If you have a link about a comparison I would be interested to read it.
The more information the better, especially when it's from different angles :)
It won't change the fact that I won't eat eggs again as I considers the signals my body gave me the most important. I got heart disease in my family so I guess I get more freaked out by symptoms of it. And I hope other won't experience it, but don't ignore it in case it happens. But everyone is different and will react differently to food.

Rhodugune
February 4th, 2017, 12:14 PM

3 boiled eggs has been my breakfast for the last couple of years, haven't seen any increase in growth since I started and to answer your question my monthly average is about 0.4 inches which is not much compare to many.
But I can add that I feel the quality if my hair has change for the better, might be because of my morning eggs in combination that I realised that wearing my hair in a braid at night really gave my hair a lot of mechanical damage.

cgirl
February 4th, 2017, 02:09 PM
Not in this lifetime.

That site says an egg a day is safe. :yumm:

cgirl
February 4th, 2017, 02:12 PM
I love to cook my eggs first fried in butter, then adding in a couple of ice cubes or really cold water and covering them with a lid so that the steam cooks the top of them without me having to flip them. So cream delicious eggs this way yum!

That's a really good idea! :hifive:

Alissalocks
February 6th, 2017, 01:16 PM
I went through a phase where I got obsessed with omelettes. I was doing them every day but wasn't tracking my hair growth, I assumed the eggs would be helping though.
My favourite was to fry onions in coconut oil then whisk two eggs with turmeric and black pepper. When the omelette was nearly cooked I would top it with cheese so that would melt and go all gooey and nice then serve it up folded over. I'd have it with a zingy juice as it was quite rich and oily but delicious.
That sounds so completely amazing... now I'm hungry!

PillowForts17
February 6th, 2017, 01:31 PM
I'm not doing an egg a day just because I get bored easily with food. But I have been upping my egg intake a bit.

ChloeDharma
February 7th, 2017, 12:33 AM
That sounds so completely amazing... now I'm hungry!

Hehe it is rather lovely, very rich though hence the zingy juice to go with it. If you try the recipe I hope you like it :)