PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

ninjarambohd
January 19th, 2017, 09:36 PM
Hello again everyone. Before anything I apologise for me making new threads with questions all the time. One of the ladies here said its not too healthy obsessing over your hair so I promise this would be my very last question.

I was wondering whether it is normal to have mixture of hairs at the hairline. Example when I look at my hairline there are a lot of terminal hairs and in between I have some shorter hairs as well as shorter thinner hairs and a few hairs which have tapered ends.

So I was wondering is this normal or no?

Thanks again everyone for putting up with me.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 19th, 2017, 09:42 PM
Yes. Some hair is actually new growth. Hair is constantly regrowing, shedding and stalling.
Its completely normal.

littlestarface
January 19th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Don't worry about asking questions ask away cuz you got some interesting questions, I always like seeing threads from you lol.

lilin
January 20th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Hello again everyone. Before anything I apologise for me making new threads with questions all the time. One of the ladies here said its not too healthy obsessing over your hair so I promise this would be my very last question.

I was wondering whether it is normal to have mixture of hairs at the hairline. Example when I look at my hairline there are a lot of terminal hairs and in between I have some shorter hairs as well as shorter thinner hairs and a few hairs which have tapered ends.

Yup. "Baby hairs" are normal, and not just for babies. :D Everyone has some, and some people have a lot. The hairs in this "transition area" where your forehead starts turning into your scalp may only grow to be a few inches long.

ninjarambohd
January 20th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Yup. "Baby hairs" are normal, and not just for babies. :D Everyone has some, and some people have a lot. The hairs in this "transition area" where your forehead starts turning into your scalp may only grow to be a few inches long.

So in other words the thinner hairs are mainly based around the hairline?

mizukitty
January 20th, 2017, 08:23 PM

Completely normal. It's normal to have different textures and types of hair as well. I know someone who has a patch of 3b hair on 1b overall.

There are hairs on my hairline that never grow past 1 inch. It's like a permanent wispy. They are baby fine and thin. I also have a patch on my crown of pretty course hair that reacts TERRIBLY to protein, whereas the rest of my head likes it.

Hair is weird. Variability is common and expected (should also be welcome!) Some even grow streaks of completely melanin-free hair (white streak). In my opinion, these subtle differences are just the beauty of human hair overall.

And don't apologize for asking questions :) Question everything!

spirals
January 20th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Now that my hair is healthier (since being on this board) I'm getting them. They are normal and annoying, but at least I know it's a sign of growth!

Anje
January 20th, 2017, 10:01 PM
My hair is exactly like you're describing. Shorter, finer, tapered hairs all around the hairline.

Edit: For that matter, when I was a child I had this 1/2 inch long fringe straight across my forehead that never grew any longer. I think it went away at puberty.

ninjarambohd
January 21st, 2017, 08:41 AM
Thank you all so much. Just a question about shedding. For the first time in a long time I didn't wash my hair for 7 days. Today when I went to the shower I shed so much hair. Is that normal too?

mizukitty
January 21st, 2017, 08:45 AM
Thank you all so much. Just a question about shedding. For the first time in a long time I didn't wash my hair for 7 days. Today when I went to the shower I shed so much hair. Is that normal too?

If you kept your hair up for a week without really brushing or handling it, then hairs would have shed and remained in place. When you showered, 7 days worth of shed hair would have been lost all at once! Normal as well, unless it keeps happening daily.

ninjarambohd
January 21st, 2017, 09:03 AM
If you kept your hair up for a week without really brushing or handling it, then hairs would have shed and remained in place. When you showered, 7 days worth of shed hair would have been lost all at once! Normal as well, unless it keeps happening daily.

I usually shower every 3 days and I lose much less hair than I do if I shower every 7 days.

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 09:16 AM
Some people can't stretch washes and they will shed more if the hair gets too oily. But I think it probably is 7 days worth of shed hair instead of 3, big difference. I wouldn't worry. :)

ninjarambohd
January 21st, 2017, 09:32 AM
Some people can't stretch washes and they will shed more if the hair gets too oily. But I think it probably is 7 days worth of shed hair instead of 3, big difference. I wouldn't worry. :)

I actually agree with this because my younger brother can go 2 weeks without showering and he doesn't shed that much at all.

embee
January 21st, 2017, 12:16 PM
It may be a good idea to brush well (or comb) before the shower, because hair clogging up a shower drain is Disgusting and you do not want that, ever! ;)

ninjarambohd
January 21st, 2017, 01:10 PM
It may be a good idea to brush well (or comb) before the shower, because hair clogging up a shower drain is Disgusting and you do not want that, ever! ;)

As in brush my hair downwards over a sink or something?

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 02:45 PM
As in brush my hair downwards over a sink or something?

Err, yeah.:)

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2017, 03:48 PM
New hairs around hair line is normal we shed and have new ones grow in their place i reckon its all over but as they are at the front we are more aware of them..some shedding in the shower is normal if not brushed very much,i tend to brush before a wash and one thing i have noticed is if the water is too hot i shed a lot blocking the plug but when i use tepid to warm water i may only lose 3 strands in the wash..be sure the heat is not too much as some scalps cannot take too much heat.

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 03:56 PM
New hairs around hair line is normal we shed and have new ones grow in their place i reckon its all over but as they are at the front we are more aware of them..some shedding in the shower is normal if not brushed very much,i tend to brush before a wash and one thing i have noticed is if the water is too hot i shed a lot blocking the plug but when i use tepid to warm water i may only lose 3 strands in the wash..be sure the heat is not too much as some scalps cannot take too much heat.

I think my temperature is around a kid's bath (35°C); to me that's ideal for a wash. We usually get it a tad hotter to "wash the oil out" before the shampoo is put on, to loosen the debris as it were. ;)

ninjarambohd
January 23rd, 2017, 08:00 PM
Apology to bump up this thread again. I just thought I'd upload some picture in regards to my question earlier.

https://s29.postimg.org/mq9p0qvuv/DSC_2879.jpg

https://s27.postimg.org/yzekkq943/DSC_2874.jpg

From the pictures above do I have anything to worry about?

lilin
January 23rd, 2017, 10:00 PM
So in other words the thinner hairs are mainly based around the hairline?

For me, the ultra-fine ones that never get longer than a few inches are. But I do have different strand thicknesses in various part of my head, and even different amount of curl and hair density.

lilin
January 23rd, 2017, 10:02 PM
Apology to bump up this thread again. I just thought I'd upload some picture in regards to my question earlier.

Nope. Looks like a hairline!

Anje
January 23rd, 2017, 10:10 PM
Looks very normal. That said, you might find it gets a little thinner at those "corners" in the coming years, depending on your age. Somewhere in your 20s, most peoples' hairlines change a little, just at the corners of their forehead. It doesn't necessarily get very far or turn into a receding hairline, so much as that there's often a difference between a young adult hairline and a mature adult hairline. Yours looks like it's more in the younger adult category to my eyes, though it's hard to tell with only a partial view.

ninjarambohd
January 24th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I was just mind of worried about the little hairs which are lighter in color a little bit lower to my hairline.

lapushka
January 24th, 2017, 07:24 AM

That looks like a very normal hairline to me. Very well stocked with hair too! ;)

ninjarambohd
January 24th, 2017, 07:30 AM
That looks like a very normal hairline to me. Very well stocked with hair too! ;)

So there isn't anything I should worry about?

lapushka
January 24th, 2017, 07:57 AM

Obviously not, no! :)

Anje
January 24th, 2017, 07:57 AM

Nope. It's normal that there's a transition from terminal hairs to vellus hairs, and it tends to be a bit more gradual on the sides of the forehead.

ninjarambohd
January 24th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Thank you very much everyone. It's just that I never paid attention to my hairline before and never saw my hairline from up close.

lapushka
January 24th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Thank you very much everyone. It's just that I never paid attention to my hairline before and never saw my hairline from up close.

LOL! Yeah, once you start focusing and being aware of all things hair-related it takes a bit of getting used to. I'm glad we could put your mind at ease. :) :flower:

ninjarambohd
January 24th, 2017, 09:57 AM
LOL! Yeah, once you start focusing and being aware of all things hair-related it takes a bit of getting used to. I'm glad we could put your mind at ease. :) :flower:

Definately yes. The main reason I'm quite focused on my hair is because my father lost his hair at quite a young age. But then again after researching for quite some time and asking question on this forum many members said that I should look at my maternal uncles more than my father. My maternal uncles all kept their hair well into their 40's.

Anyways this is a picture I found on my computer. It's from June of 2014. I know it's not a close up but do you see any difference from then to now?

https://s30.postimg.org/51k5n6flt/oijiu.png

lapushka
January 24th, 2017, 12:40 PM
No difference, not really. No. It's fine. Trust me. We would tell you if it weren't; a little sugar coated, but we would still tell you the truth! :)

I get why you're so worried, but... honestly, enjoy your hair right now. That's the best thing to do! :D

ninjarambohd
January 24th, 2017, 01:19 PM
No difference, not really. No. It's fine. Trust me. We would tell you if it weren't; a little sugar coated, but we would still tell you the truth! :)

I get why you're so worried, but... honestly, enjoy your hair right now. That's the best thing to do! :D

Thank you so much once again. Thank you for your great patience and for giving me your time. Thank you to every other member here that replied to this thread.