PDA

View Full Version : What is the best hemline?

Eilidh Wolfbane
January 16th, 2017, 05:16 PM
I have always had my hair trimmed with a blunt cut but it ends up being fairytale ends. I have fine hair but lots of it so am wondering whether a u or v cut will leave me with thicker looking hair

Chromis
January 16th, 2017, 06:52 PM
The best hemline is the one you like the best! :meditate:

(The more serious answer is, it depends, not all cuts look the same on everyone)

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 16th, 2017, 06:59 PM
I mean a V cut imo isn't going to give a thicker hem. V hemlines tend to me to look almost like they're beginning to fairytale. My hair grows into a V and I try to do a U cut because it keeps my ends from looking too thin as it grows and gets the shorter layers, so they don't go without a trim for too long. If I let the V grow on its own without maintence my hair tends to look bad. Then I end up having these hairs that are way longer than the rest, that need to be cut, and I end up loosing a lot of length in order to get those short hairs to catch up and to make my hem thicker.
Personally I don't like v hem lines and avoid them. But it also depends on your hair type! I have slow growing, fine hair.
I'm on my phone so I can't see what your hair type is but for you it might not actually matter.

littlestarface
January 16th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I like the U and blunt the best, but it depends on how you gonna cut it yourself. I do the spidermom method so it ends up how it looks in my signature.

spidermom
January 16th, 2017, 07:36 PM
The best hemline is the one you love.

truepeacenik
January 16th, 2017, 07:50 PM
Can't add to the posters above.
The best hemline is one you love because it is easy to care for, ends feel good and you think it looks good.
Blunt has its pros and so do V and U as well as fairytaleing.

antler_tines
January 16th, 2017, 07:51 PM
I think if you are already concerned about your hem fairytaling even with a blunt cut, then a v shape may make it look thinner. I for one like fairytale ends :-)

turtlelover
January 16th, 2017, 09:26 PM
My personal fave is a blunt cut very gentle U shape, but it totally depends on your hair type. Plus, it can be fun to mix it up now and then and try something new.

Deborah
January 16th, 2017, 11:44 PM
A V cut generally makes the hair look thinner, not thicker. A blunt cut, either straight across or done with a slight U shape will make the hair look its thickest. The "best" hemline is whatever look you like best. Some prefer a more blunt cut look, but some folks like the look of shaggy ends.