PDA

View Full Version : Needing encouragement and advice

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I have been struggling lately. I love long hair but I am trying to decide if it's worth keeping it long. As I've gotten older my hair has thinned A LOT. I feel like there is barely anything there to brush. :( Is it worth it to have long hair when it's soooo thin? My husband is supportive of me and loves my hair long. He recently told me it was ok to cut it if I want because it's so thin now. My mother is very judgemental about my hair, telling my I'm too old for it to be that long (I'm 33) and it's too thin. My 3 year old son also hates it. He has fits right now if he sees my hair in the tub and I have to keep it in a clip at all times so it doesn't get him (his words :lol:).
I've also been thinking of doing hendigo on my hair because of all the gray I have at a young age. Another thing my mother will judge me for, saying that it is too dark. That's what she did last time. I'm feeling so discouraged about my hair lately and know you guys will understand. Any advice? Is it worth it to have long hair when it's thin?
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0531%20copy.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0531%20copy.jpg.html)

lapushka
January 16th, 2017, 07:02 AM
First of all, congrats on your first post, and welcome to the LHC. :flower:

If it's any consolation to you, it doesn't look thin to me. I'd start by measuring your ponytail circumference, if you haven't done so already. Make a ponytail (all of your hair), then measure around it (not including the elastic band), and tell us the number so we can classify you into i, ii, or iii.

Maybe try doing updos. I myself hate it when my hair hangs down in front of my face. Others might too, not that it should matter, but if it's important to you, yes, I'd start looking into learning how to do protective styles/updos.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 07:11 AM
Thank you! My circumference of my pony tail is exactly 2 inches.
This was a rare occasion to have my hair down. It is ALWAYS in a claw clip unless I am sleeping. Then I braid it. I use to do buns with hair sticks but stopped that because my little man enjoys pulling them out.

FullofGrace
January 16th, 2017, 07:16 AM
I understand completely. At 35 my hair is half the thickness it used to be, which makes me very sad. I have also let it grow out a little and seeing how many gray hairs are now there is also making me sad. I also contemplated cutting it but I have decided to continue with a no cut for 2017. Give yourself time before you cut it and do what YOU want to it. What I try to remind myself is no one is taking care of it but me. No one should get to have a say in how my hair is but me. Learn to enjoy your new thinner hair. It's still part of you and can be enjoyed even if it's not how it used to be. No part of me is how it used to be! Embrace all the facets of your being and treasure yourself.

Annalouise
January 16th, 2017, 07:23 AM
My ponytail is 2" circumference. (Now that I finally know the correct way to read a tape measurer!):p
Is it worth it to grow it long? Only you can answer that question as its YOUR hair and YOUR life and YOUR body.:D
I will support you to grow, I'll be your support buddy. :cool:
Remember, when you cut your hair short, it will still be thin. So your choice is thin and long, or thin and short.

Arctic
January 16th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Your hair looks oily (or wet?) in this photo: it would be fluffier and thus apper thicker if it would be clean (in it is wet there, ignore this suggestion). You also seem to have some wave; to see how much you could do a hair typing. Waves have the ability to make hair also look more voluminous.

If you know your hair has thinned out a lot I would contact your doctor. The sooner treatments are started the better chances of success you have.

You need to decide whether you keep your hair long, but what ever you decide don't make the decision based on feedback from your mom! Moms can be very critical, but know that you have no moral obligations to consider your mom's opinion when it comes to your hair, unless she is the one caring for it.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Thank you everyone. It's such a hard decision. If i cut it I know it will grow back but I know I will probably miss it if I do. I do have autoimmune issues that might be contributing to my thinning. My father's side of the family all had hair thinning issues, even the females. I've had people tell me my hair looks thin and unhealthy. I have others that tell me they love my hair. I'll try to do a hair typing and get a photo of my hair when it's dry.

vampyyri
January 16th, 2017, 07:39 AM
I think you're overanalyzing your hair, it doesn't look that thin... everyone can have long hair, thin, fine, thick, coarse. It's not a label for those with only one hair type... I say if you're ready to grow it out, go for it!

LadyCelestina
January 16th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Your hair doesn't look thin to me (and don't listen to your mom), but if it has thinned a lot I would get yourself to the doctor and tell them. Who knows what's behind the thinning?

ipickee
January 16th, 2017, 07:47 AM
It is your hair, your journey. I don't think your hair looks too thin. But regardless, it's how happy you are with it. I have a couple cousins that hound me about my hair, so when I know I'm going to see them I just make sure to have it up. It's a personal thing, and quite frankly, if your mother doesn't like it, too bad. She really doesn't need to, it's not hers :)

MsPharaohMoan
January 16th, 2017, 07:48 AM
It's okay to cut it now because it's thin? How nice that you now have permission to alter YOUR body (rolling eyes implied)... Or did you mean he's not going to be turned off if you decide to cut? Regardless, my advice is to tell any nasty people to shove their judgements where the sun don't shine... Er, not including your son though, he just sounds like he's being a silly little beast ;) I know it's easier said than done, but people who compulsively judge you will always find something to tear apart. Not saying that is what the people in your life are doing. I guess what I'm saying is to spend some time thinking about what would make YOU happy. Stay true to yourself. We have a saying here that goes, I am not here to decorate your world!

Ps, I think you have gorgeous, sleek hair!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=40313 here's a thread for fairytale end inspiration
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115 and here's a thread for more encouragement. Lots of people out there rocking beautiful thin hair!

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 07:54 AM
I've wanted to cut my hair many times, even just an inch or two and my hubby would be telling me I can't because he loves it long. LOL It was just his way of being supportive of what I want to do. Now if I could just figure out what that is. :) And yes, my son is a silly little beast. Throws a fit crying if one of my hairs gets on him.
Thank you for the compliment and the threads.

Jettabar99
January 16th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Ummm - 33 is still very young!
Your hair is way thicker than mine and i have never considered mine a problem.
Enjoy your hair and your life for what you want. Children will try and control your every move but you need to hold on - they will change how they feel regularly - its just another phase. My daughter freaked when she was around 3 or 4 when i shaved all of my hair off. She cried saying i looked like a guy because my hair was short - quite funny. She got over it. All of this just stresses you out. Your mothers opinion is really irrelevant if you think about it. Your hair is not "getting" her!

Think positive and enjoy. Not all mothers advice is positive :-) I know - i am one.

spidermom
January 16th, 2017, 08:46 AM
1. Everybody's hair looks thinner when it's wet.
2. Your mother is being a critical beast. Is it only your hair or is it everything you do that is different from what she would do?

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 09:57 AM
I don't think she agrees on anything on do. I'm trying to make the decision for myself. I've never done that with my hair. It's always been to please others. It's very difficult for me.
Here is a picture freshly washed and dried, no combing. The lighting was terrible so colors aren't true. I know there is damage and frizz. Not sure what to do to combat those.
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0560%20copy_2.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0560%20copy_2.jpg.html)

KittyBird
January 16th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Your hair doesn't look thin at all. It looks beautiful! I think you should keep it long, if that's what you want. Your kid will probably grow out of that "hating long hair" phase soon, and your mother should mind her own business.

Obsidian
January 16th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Your hair isn't thin, its average and looks great. I can't believe your mom told you that you are too old for long hair. My mom is in her 70's and has waist length, fine hair. She told me the other day that she never wants it cut off, even if she gets to the point that she can't care for it. She's requested I put it in a braid and leave it be.

If you like it long then leave it long, nothing to really think about. Your son will get over his issues in time. Maybe teach him how to brush it, or have your hubby show him how to brush it so he realizes its not a thing that will get him.

I started going white in my 30's too, I love my shiny silver even though I currently henna so I can't see them. Once my hair is all white, I will stop the henna. If you are really bothered by the grey then by all means, color them and don't worry about what others say. I know members of my family aren't crazy about my henna color and I could care less, I do it for my enjoyment.

Jettabar99
January 16th, 2017, 10:55 AM
i think its beautiful!!!

Annalouise
January 16th, 2017, 11:00 AM
It's okay to cut it now because it's thin? How nice that you now have permission to alter YOUR body (rolling eyes implied)... Or did you mean he's not going to be turned off if you decide to cut? Regardless, my advice is to tell any nasty people to shove their judgements where the sun don't shine... Er, not including your son though, he just sounds like he's being a silly little beast ;) I know it's easier said than done, but people who compulsively judge you will always find something to tear apart. Not saying that is what the people in your life are doing. I guess what I'm saying is to spend some time thinking about what would make YOU happy. Stay true to yourself. We have a saying here that goes, I am not here to decorate your world!

:cheese: Yeah! Tell them where to put their opinions. ;)

I don't think she agrees on anything on do. I'm trying to make the decision for myself. I've never done that with my hair. It's always been to please others. It's very difficult for me.
Here is a picture freshly washed and dried, no combing. The lighting was terrible so colors aren't true. I know there is damage and frizz. Not sure what to do to combat those.
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0560%20copy_2.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0560%20copy_2.jpg.html)

Oh my goodness! You'd be a fool to cut that gorgeous mane off!:p

hayheadsbird
January 16th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Your hemline looks great and it looks to have a bit of a wave in there too!

Acid
January 16th, 2017, 11:05 AM
your hair actually looks lovely and full so i wouldnt worry about it, your mother would probably have something negative to say even if you had it cut so you might aswell do something with it that will make you happy instead of doing something for her and both of you not liking it.

My family are always nitpicking about my unnatural hair colour and how long and scraggly they think my hair is (anything past BSL to them is hippy unkept and unhygenic for some odd reason :rolleyes: ), if i listened to them and had short dark blonde hair id be absolutely miserable as im the one that has to live with it 24/7 not them. Do what makes you happy :)

Vivalagina
January 16th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Your hair is lovely and doesn't look thin. Don't cut it because of someone else's opinion if you like it long.

You might enjoy braiding a parandi into it and then bunning the braid if you want visually more bulk to your hair.

Kake
January 16th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Your hair looks lovely. It's very pretty. Please don't cut it because you've been told it looks thin. Only cut it if you really, really want to.Some product may help it look smoother; conditioning, oil, leave-in conditioner, SMTs etc.

A good answer to criticism is "I'm happy with it". Repeated as often as necessary.

Cg
January 16th, 2017, 11:30 AM
First piece of advice: stop listening to negative comments! People make unkind remarks for many reasons, many of which have nothing to do with you or your hair and everything to do with their own personal prejudices or problems.

Your opinion is the ONLY one that matters. Do you like your hair long? Keep it long. Mine is thin too, and the longer it grows the more I like it. I've actually gotten compliments on it, so evidently it doesn't look horrendous to everyone.

Please listen only to what YOU want, not what someone else sniffs.

arr
January 16th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Wow, your hair is really pretty! It doesn't look thin at all to me, and even if it did, it would still be beautiful. You need to wear your hair the way YOU want, forget about what the family says, they will never be happy. When my hair is long they say I look like a horse or a hippie, when I've had a shoulder length "modern" cut they say I look like a soccer mom. When I had bangs they thought I needed to grow them out, now I've grown them out (my choice this time) and they say I need some hair around my face. I prefer to color my grays but they say I should embrace them. Mark my words, if I was to stop coloring them I would hear how it makes me look old and washed up.

Also, there is no such thing as too old for long hair. 33 is very young! What are they talking about!? I'm 39 so I must be geriatric then. If you want to cut your hair because YOU truly want to, then go for it. Otherwise I'd say leave your beautiful hair just the way it is.

nekosan
January 16th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

I often go the way of semi-snarky comebacks to negative comments. "Good thing it's my hair and not yours, then." "If you don't like the way it looks, look somewhere else." Or just totally dismissive: "Thanks, I'll keep that in mind," - while totally ignoring the negative comment.

I wish my hair were thicker or could grow longer, but it isn't. *shrug* I do what I like with what I have. When I was younger, I dyed sections purple and red. I've recently started henna, and have been happy with that. If you do want to try henna, I strongly recommend strand testing first; that helped me immensely in figuring out what I wanted to do.

lapushka
January 16th, 2017, 12:13 PM

That is gorgeous!

My mom had BSL+ hair in her 40s, red, with thick bangs, and she wore it in a daily bee-butt bun. She had ii hair (has i / i/ii hair now) and rocked it long! Now your hair is longer, and it looks amazing!

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 16th, 2017, 12:24 PM

Your hair isn't thin at all. Like, at all. You appear to have a pretty decent hemline. It doesn't look like it's fairy-tailing or thinning. Your hair looks fine to me. In fact, I would love to have your hair myself lol

Crack it up to your family just being ridiculous. And I get it because i have family that make comments about my hair. They seem to think that because hair isn't really "a part of you" it's ok to say whatever they want and that it won't hurt your feelings because hair can easily change unlike looks or weight. It's amazingly annoying. Family can be so critical and they think it's ok because they're family but jeeze. Sometimes I just want to slap em upside the head.

Don't cut it. Other then whatever trims you already do and regular maintence, don't change a thing.

antler_tines
January 16th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I don't think that looks thin! I think my hair is about the same thickness ( i haven't measured in a while) Like everyone else has said, don't cut it! I am 31 and have a lot of grey so I also use henna and indigo too

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 12:29 PM
Thank you for all the kinds words and encouragement. I really needed it. :D I ordered henna and indigo the other day but still can't decide if I should do it. I will think on it.
Thank you for the advice on the parandi! I've never heard of them before. I will definitely be trying one out!

spidermom
January 16th, 2017, 12:29 PM
People who say your hair is thin are wrong. It looks like it could use a few moisture treatments, but that's about it. I hope you are able to distance yourself from your critical mother. I don't know why people get that way when it's so much better to encourage and uplift. Practice saying (for example): "the subject of my hair length is CLOSED." Unless you're struggling with something and ask for advice, it's really none of your mother's business.

I would, however, put your hair up when you're interacting with your son. It can be pretty scary to be overwhelmed by hair. I remember bending forward to pick up my grandson and him saying with great alarm as he pushed at my hair "get it off me!"

I wear my hair much shorter now, but it's because I wanted a change, not because somebody else was criticizing me.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 16th, 2017, 12:46 PM
People who say your hair is thin are wrong. It looks like it could use a few moisture treatments, but that's about it. I hope you are able to distance yourself from your critical mother. I don't know why people get that way when it's so much better to encourage and uplift. Practice saying (for example): "the subject of my hair length is CLOSED." Unless you're struggling with something and ask for advice, it's really none of your mother's business.

I would, however, put your hair up when you're interacting with your son. It can be pretty scary to be overwhelmed by hair. I remember bending forward to pick up my grandson and him saying with great alarm as he pushed at my hair "get it off me!"

I wear my hair much shorter now, but it's because I wanted a change, not because somebody else was criticizing me.

Thank you! I really have never had any confidence due to my parents being so judgmental and nothing being good enough. Thank you for all the support I have received! It means so much to me.
As for my son, I am slowly getting him to take my hair use to it. I don't want him to feel that way and am trying to teach him that it's not a scary thing. I always wore my hair up when he was younger since he was a bad hair puller. I guess he's just not use to it.

embee
January 16th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Pretty hair. I'm in my 70s and my hair is (finally) long enough to sit on. :) I am so happy with it. I'm sure my mom would have something to say about it, but she's long gone and although I miss *her* I don't miss her critical comments, for I also was never good enough, never measured up.

You are blessed with a supportive DH, that's a treat. :) Enjoy your hair, it's all yours. Tell DS to chill.

Hay_jules
January 16th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Definitely not too thin. I have thin hair too and never grew it longer than BSL because I thought it was too thin. It really helped me seeing people's pictures here of beautiful, long thin hair. I find being here and growing my hair and accepting the way *my* hair is had really helped with my self acceptance overall.

I got my first greys at 16 and in my 20's had a streak (not a solid one cuz that might have been cool) on the top of my head. I too have dark brown hair (naturally) and the greys really stand out. I used to dye my hair a very dark brown and would have people feel the need to inform me that it looked to dark for my skin tone and I would kindly inform them it's the exact shade as my natural colour so apparently nature intended the stark contrast of pale skin with dark hair. Now that I'm 40 I have them all through my temples and hairline...I still cover them but now I use veggie based direct dyes.

Eta: I got distracted and hit post too soon. The bottom line is do what makes you happy but if you are thinking of cutting, give yourself a month. Look through some pictures here of others with similar thickness, when you see it on someone else it's easier to see the beauty sometimes. Know that you have hair that many of us here envy. And if you decide cutting is for you, then go for it. But whatever choice you make, own it. Don't let it be for anyone else.

ReadingRenee
January 16th, 2017, 01:35 PM
Just had to add my voice to the "your hair is beautiful" chorus! It really is beautiful! I wish my hair looked like yours. It is my hope that when it gets longer and I have maintained and cut out layers for a few years that it will. Your hair looks awesome! If you like it long, I would definitely leave it long.

JadedByEntropy
January 16th, 2017, 01:45 PM
As a person with thick hair, yours isn't even thin. It looks normal thickness. I'm eagerly waiting on silvers, but if indigo is what you'd rather see-do it! It is yours, as everyone else is saying. I know a woman with a single braid no wider than a pencil that goes all the way down to her chair, and its still pretty. If you like it-grow long! People will all have opinions. Only yours counts.

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 16th, 2017, 03:03 PM
If it makes you feel better, I henna and indigo and it makes my hair feel and look much thicker (in my opinion). So if you want to go for it, by all means.
However it can be kind of drying, and I agree with spidermom about you needing a little moisture. You do look a TAD dry. And henna can be moisturizing but indigo is VERY drying in my opinion. So I would get in the swing of that first then experiment with color.
Do remember though that it is, pretty much permanent. :)

Aphra
January 16th, 2017, 09:15 PM
If it's any comfort, I'm 38, greying, aiming for waist, and once it has dried from this mornings wash, am going to slather it in manic panic vampire red. I care not if anyone thinks it is age appropriate.

Seriously, the only thing that matters is whether your hair makes you happy. If *you* feel it is too long or a bit thin at the ends, then a small trim (talking an inch or two, nothing drastic) might make all the difference to how it feels. But only if you want to do it, independent of any one else's opinion.

Aphra
January 16th, 2017, 09:19 PM
Also, this idea of being too old for long hair is modern and culture specific - my granny had long hair in a bun all the time I remember her, and many ladies from say Indian cultures have long hair all their lives. There is no great universal truth that says you have to have a bob or crop just because you pass 30.

Deborah
January 16th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Your mother is simply being critical and unkind, and your son is being a silly toddler. Ignore them both. There is nothing wrong with your hair.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 17th, 2017, 07:06 AM
Thank you everyone! I really appreciate and have taken to heart everything you have said. I think I'll trim the ends so it doesn't tangle so bad. Now I just need to figure out how to moisturize it. There is so much information and different things to do that I want to try it all! LOL Any advice on where to start?

Cg
January 17th, 2017, 07:20 AM
If it's any comfort, I'm 38, greying, aiming for waist, and once it has dried from this mornings wash, am going to slather it in manic panic vampire red. I care not if anyone thinks it is age appropriate.

Bravo, braissimo! A lady after my own heart. Love your hair the way you want it, baby!

MsPharaohMoan
January 17th, 2017, 07:53 AM
I'd start by learning about clarifying! Might get rid of those tangles better than a trim would. A moisture treatment can be applied after clarifying to maximize its payoff. In terms of moisture, a lot of members here love Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128). I use a commercial deep conditioner myself but mixing up your own treatments can be a lot of fun! I hope you enjoy your journey :flower:

ps your hair looks GORGEOUS! Those 'frizzies' might indicate that you're actually wavier/curlier than you think btw.

edit: pps your last post made me smile. "Love your hair the way you want it" is so true, good for you!

Sw33th34rt4my
January 17th, 2017, 07:58 AM
I do clarify. I have also been using Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I either CWC or WCC. I do have hard water though...... I did a test on my shed hair and when I pulled on it I broke and that meant I need moisture from the post that I read.

stachelbeere
January 17th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Thank you for all the kinds words and encouragement. I really needed it. :D I ordered henna and indigo the other day but still can't decide if I should do it. I will think on it.
Thank you for the advice on the parandi! I've never heard of them before. I will definitely be trying one out!

Applying henna on your hair is very much permanent! Really think hard if you really want to do that, about APL+ my hair is still hennaed and I kind of wish I had never done it...
I suggest using a temporary vegetable hair dye to see if you like the colour before you do the plunge :)

As for your hair, I agree with everyone else above, it's GORGEOUS! As for all the flyways etc in your picture - do an experiment and take a picture of your hair with flash (and admire the shine). Depending on the lighting conditions your hair will look more or less shiny/ flyway'y

hanne jensen
January 17th, 2017, 11:43 AM
I'm 57 and have hair almost the same length as you. I'm on my way to knee. And, I'm not old, just slightly youthfully challenged.

Your hair is lovely and the shorter hairs look like new hairs not damaged ones. Your hemline looks thick and even.

If you love your long hair then keep it. You can't please all the people all the time. There will always be someone who doesn't like this or that. Please let that be their problem and not yours.

Dark40
January 17th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I have been struggling lately. I love long hair but I am trying to decide if it's worth keeping it long. As I've gotten older my hair has thinned A LOT. I feel like there is barely anything there to brush. :( Is it worth it to have long hair when it's soooo thin? My husband is supportive of me and loves my hair long. He recently told me it was ok to cut it if I want because it's so thin now. My mother is very judgemental about my hair, telling my I'm too old for it to be that long (I'm 33) and it's too thin. My 3 year old son also hates it. He has fits right now if he sees my hair in the tub and I have to keep it in a clip at all times so it doesn't get him (his words :lol:).
I've also been thinking of doing hendigo on my hair because of all the gray I have at a young age. Another thing my mother will judge me for, saying that it is too dark. That's what she did last time. I'm feeling so discouraged about my hair lately and know you guys will understand. Any advice? Is it worth it to have long hair when it's thin?
http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l532/AmyTopolski/IMG_0531%20copy.jpg (http://s1122.photobucket.com/user/AmyTopolski/media/IMG_0531%20copy.jpg.html)

Hi, and welcome to LHC! Your hair doesn't look thin to me at all. To me, it's just fine. Mine is also fine too but I do have a lot of it. I guess you can say that my hair more like on the fine/thick side. But if I were you I would keep growing!

Greenfire
January 18th, 2017, 05:58 PM
You have very pretty hair, I wouldn't cut it. Make it healthy and shiny and revel in how beautiful it is. Learn how to do a few updos and pretty braids, your husband I think is being very supportive and that's a good thing. But if you want to cut it for yourself, then go ahead and cut it. But I like it how it is, it's very pretty, and not thin at all!

truepeacenik
January 19th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Your mother is simply being critical and unkind, and your son is being a silly toddler. Ignore them both. There is nothing wrong with your hair.

Seconding. Does mom make comments about your hair in front of kiddo? If so, he might be picking up on that.

JillRenee
January 19th, 2017, 08:38 AM
Joining the chorus to tell you your hair is beautiful! It does not look thin at all. Also, 33 is not "too old" for long hair, my goodness I will be 50 in less than a month and mine is between TB and C.

The problem with critical people is that they never stop. If you give in and change for them, they will find something else to criticize. I learned from years of dealing with my own parents, who are also harsh and critical. I hope you begin to feel proud of your beautiful hair. Maybe you can learn to do buns with spin pins and wear it up when you are around your Mom.

Sw33th34rt4my
January 21st, 2017, 08:41 AM
Thank you for all the encouragement and kind words! I will try to ignore other people's unwanted advice from now on. I have made the decision to not cut my hair and to embrace the gray! It is a part of who I am. I started getting them at the age of 12. I am thinking about joining the microtrimming club for a while to maintain my length and possibly thicken up my ends.
I am so fortunate to have found this community and to have supportive people to go along with my loving supportive husband. :D I can't wait to see where this year takes us!

lapushka
January 21st, 2017, 09:29 AM
Thank you for all the encouragement and kind words! I will try to ignore other people's unwanted advice from now on. I have made the decision to not cut my hair and to embrace the gray! It is a part of who I am. I started getting them at the age of 12. I am thinking about joining the microtrimming club for a while to maintain my length and possibly thicken up my ends.
I am so fortunate to have found this community and to have supportive people to go along with my loving supportive husband. :D I can't wait to see where this year takes us!

That's the spirit! :D :thumbsup: