PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have any ideas for a concoction I could put on my head?

JadeTigress
January 13th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Today's a very lazy day, and I just decided that I feel like throwing a mask or something on my hair. But I'm not sure what to use; I don't do this often. I'm pretty much benign neglect 24/7. Pretty much at my disposal are bananas; eggs; coconut, castor, and jojoba oils; LOTD aloe jelly; conditioner (some sort of Aussie one with cones); ACV; some sort of protein mask goop stuff in a jar; neem oil; and oregano, clove, and maybe rosemary EO. What are your ideas for hair goop that I could throw together using any or all of these ingredients, how long should I leave it on for, and should I shampoo it out or just rinse it? I don't know if this makes a difference, but it's been a good 4 or 5 days since my hair's been washed, it's pretty greasy and gross, and if all else fails today is atleast going to be a wash day. :p

lunasea
January 13th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Have you tried this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128)?

gthlvrmx
January 13th, 2017, 01:58 PM
I was thinking of a SMT as well, lunasea :) If you don't have honey, you can replace it with molasses or some sort of syrup you can find.

samanthaa
January 13th, 2017, 01:59 PM
We seem to have similar stats, so I'll go with what I'd use on my head personally: an SMT plus coconut oil! (Although I did once use an Aussie conditioner in my SMT and it didn't work so well--but I don't normally use cones or proteins). Recipe:

4 parts conditioner, 1 part aloe vera gel, 1 part coconut oil, and 1 part (to substitute for the honey) protein mask goop or really well blended/mashed banana. You can use the EOs to create a nice scent.

I typically leave mine on for an hour. I normally don't shampoo and my hair, even with the coconut oil, comes out relatively clean. And SHINY from the coconut oil.

ETA: We all seem to have posted at the same time. You know what they say about great minds...! haha :)

littlestarface
January 13th, 2017, 02:18 PM
If it was me i'd go for a caramel treatment. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=454 I love this but I never have bananas around.

olive oil
wheatgerm oil
shea butter
honey
molasses
Apple cider vinegar
Two overripe bananas
water

vampyyri
January 13th, 2017, 02:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lEpINMS.jpg
:cheese:? (sorry, I couldn't stop myself)

But no really an SMT would probably do it :p

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2017, 02:26 PM
I would go for a SMT, myself. Simple and gives great results (and no having to pick bits of banana out of the hair afterwards).

It's a fun way to spend some time knowing that you are pampering your hair.

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 02:29 PM
I would make a nice concoction but forget:

- eggs
- bananas
- avocado

They are messy and chunky unless blended well, and if you don't want the egg to "cook" on your head your water will have to be very, very mildly cool.

JadeTigress
January 13th, 2017, 02:39 PM
Well, it looks like SMT it is! Thanks for the input everyone, I'm off to go mix some stuff up!

LadyCelestina
January 13th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Yes... I'd avoid the bananas :D Unless combing out the chucks with conditioner for an hour counts as an extra treatment :D

littlestarface
January 13th, 2017, 03:16 PM
You peoples need better blenders lol.

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 03:28 PM
You peoples need better blenders lol.

Pfffrrttttt. :lol: :spitting:

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 13th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I always get weird left over stuff when I use banana and avocado.. even when blended really well it leaves stuff behind.
Avoid that stuff.

SMT is nice, maybe do a hot oil treatment? I dont know, I have a "routine". So treatments for me stay relatively the same.
SMT. Oiling. Henna treatments. Thats about it.