PDA

View Full Version : Watch this hair stylist use a ton of fire to style hair

Eas693
January 12th, 2017, 04:41 PM
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=879310925505326&id=476838025752620

Found this on Facebook today and I just can't even imagine doing this. Watching it is like watching a circus act.

CindyOfTheOaks
January 12th, 2017, 05:00 PM
Oh just nooooo
I can smell it thinking about it !

Sarahlabyrinth
January 12th, 2017, 05:29 PM
So, how does that work and why doesn't it burn all his hair off?

littlestarface
January 12th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Literal Insanity.

lunasea
January 12th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Uhm, no hairdresser will EVER be permitted to intentionally set my head on fire. :tmi: No. No. JUST NO. Not ever. End of discussion. No.

Eas693
January 12th, 2017, 06:09 PM

He is using the powder to protect the hair and the gel is what's burning. It's a way of straightening the hair... in the most insane way possible

Sarahlabyrinth
January 12th, 2017, 06:13 PM
But how does it work to straighten hair?

Eas693
January 12th, 2017, 06:16 PM

But how does it work to straighten hair?

It's the heat that helps straighten like a hair straightener but to the extreme the actual name of the video is "hair straighteners are for sissies" ... because hair straightening doesn't damage your hair enough

mz_butterfly
January 12th, 2017, 06:23 PM
I don't understand how the fire next to tender scalp skin didn't burn the poor scalp.

ephemeri
January 12th, 2017, 06:28 PM
Literal Insanity.
HA! That's exactly what I said!

littlestarface
January 12th, 2017, 06:29 PM
HA! That's exactly what I said!

LOL I was just waiting for him to bring out a towel and start smackin his hair with it.

Anje
January 12th, 2017, 06:36 PM
NOPE!
Nope
nope
nope
nope

Sarahlabyrinth
January 12th, 2017, 06:44 PM
I volunteer NOT to have it done.... :p

Obsidian
January 12th, 2017, 08:20 PM
He is using the powder to protect the hair and the gel is what's burning. It's a way of straightening the hair... in the most insane way possible

I was wondering what the purpose of the fire was since its obliviously not burning the hair away. Thanks for the clarification.

Alissalocks
January 12th, 2017, 09:01 PM
This is the actual face I made watching this... :agape: :flamed:

Arctic
January 13th, 2017, 03:04 AM
I can't see it without facebook account :(

Aphra
January 13th, 2017, 04:56 AM

Bloke sits in barbers chair
Hairdresser bloke covers his hair in powder and then gel

Then sets his head on fire, while beating the hair straight with flat metal brush things.

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 05:20 AM

Yes! Some of us don't have FB!

LadyCelestina
January 13th, 2017, 05:26 AM
If this is a thing, then I think LHC cheese salon would be quite plausible as well.

stachelbeere
January 13th, 2017, 05:27 AM
this is probably the most cringe worthy things I've seen in a while... I wonder if the powder comes straight from a fire extinguisher? :D

Cannelle
January 13th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I thought this was going to be the 'burning split ends using a lighter' thing people already posted on here a few times... was I wrong.

browneyedsusan
January 13th, 2017, 05:48 AM
Wow-SER!!!!
:run:

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 06:11 AM
The things people think they have to invent to become internet/FB/YT famous. :rolleyes: I hate this kind of stuff, such attention-seeking behavior, IMO.

Lanalavallama
January 13th, 2017, 06:21 AM
The things people think they have to invent to become internet/FB/YT famous. :rolleyes: I hate this kind of stuff, such attention-seeking behavior, IMO.

The scary part is that it seems this video was simply capturing a common practice at that salon/barbershop. It looks VERY scary, good grief. Client still has/d a full head of hair, though. Amazing.

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM
The scary part is that it seems this video was simply capturing a common practice at that salon/barbershop. It looks VERY scary, good grief. Client still has/d a full head of hair, though. Amazing.

Yeah, of course I haven't seen that particular video, but it sounded like a one-off, something they tried. Not a common practice. :o

eadwine
January 13th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Just tried to find this on youtube and there are many more vids like this, this is not unique.

Mind ... I am not on a cell phone, so for me that vid was SUPER tiny.

Arctic
January 13th, 2017, 06:35 AM
Good grief! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoeM2UwuE8c

Angelica
January 13th, 2017, 06:41 AM
Completely insane, absolutely stupid and dangerous. Imagine the injuries the client would sustain if the barber lost control of the flames.

Arctic
January 13th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Imagine the injuries clients have gotten when the barbers have been training to master this method! Who would like to volunteer to be the first real, alive client for a barber trainee?

lapushka
January 13th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Imagine the injuries clients have gotten when the barbers have been training to master this method! Who would like to volunteer to be the first real, alive client for a barber trainee?

I've had my share of trainee haircuts. shudder:

Yeah, imagine that!

vampyyri
January 13th, 2017, 07:24 AM
This made me internally scream...
shudder::bigeyes::shocked::scared::wail::brainblea ch:

But I suppose that's one way to remove your arm hair if you're the one working on the client... :hmm::lol:

Emmeline
January 13th, 2017, 10:45 AM
So if I ever go to hairdresser again for a re-style (unlikely) - instead of bringing a photo of what I want done, I could bring an instructional video��

Nymphe
January 13th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Do a search on YouTube for fire to style hair. My favorites are the two barbers cutting hair with it.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 13th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Apart from the fire (shudder), look how rough he is being with the hair anyway....

DoomKitty
January 14th, 2017, 04:33 AM
I just showed this to DH and he was WTF and *** idiots lol. I've seen a video with Gisele Budchen doing this...hers were just the ends though I think.

Eas693
January 14th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Part of me watches and thinks "well that is just insane".

However, my research (I'm an archaeologist) is in Mesoamerica I have seen similar traditions using fire to straighten hair. It started about 4000 years ago and is still performed in traditional communities.... makes me wonder if this has similar roots....

I still wouldn't be in the same room has it though lol

Lanalavallama
January 15th, 2017, 01:55 AM
Apart from the fire (shudder), look how rough he is being with the hair anyway....

Exactly! The client's hair is Teflon strong.

Wusel
January 15th, 2017, 03:11 AM
Insane? A hair straightener is the same insane for me. It's like using a straightener, does the same.

Mimha
January 15th, 2017, 06:12 AM
If there is a stupid useless dangerous thing to be done, be sure there will be a stupid idiot somewhere to do it anyway. :rolleyes: Just hope it's not going to be my son who is gonna be caught in one of those "who is the chicken-hearted one in here" kind of male teens haze. This will be such an enabling inspiration ! (I don't have any son, but you know whattamean...)

My question is : is it just a way to buzz on YTube or is it definitely a technique ? I mean, like split-ends burning is ? There are so many weird traditional stuff in different cultures... And this guy looks like he is mastering the trick. :confused::confused:

Mrstran
January 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I just can't watch the whole thing! :scared:

Olavi
January 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM
While the video is bit cringe worthy to me, so are some of the comments here... Because doing something extreme to their hair MUST mean they are insane/stupid/idiot/etc... *sigh*

Ligeia Noire
January 15th, 2017, 12:54 PM
I think it is a traditional thing, specially if these people do not have access to hair straighteners, I thought the guy was super skilled and quick, I was amazed, really, super cool in my opinion, of course it cannot be done in longer hair but it surely seems like it is something they have been doing for ages, you can tell that just by looking at the quickness of his hands and the relaxed costumer. We are not all the same, it is just like food, some people eat chicken feet, gizzards and rabbit and others think it is gross, some people use hair straighteners some apply fire, do not know if the straightener as it lingers more does not actually damage it more.