PDA

View Full Version : You Might Be Hip Length When...

spirals
January 10th, 2017, 11:48 PM
--coronet braid: so close, and yet so far away
--you can brush your hair behind your own back
--vintage styles ('20s-'40s) are quickly becoming less viable options
--7" hair sticks
--sponge curlers: before rolling, 1 inch diameter; after rolling, 3 inch diameter
--hairy armpits, and not because you didn't shave

:grin:

Of the Fae
January 11th, 2017, 03:41 AM
I am close! My longest bits are at hip already :D

You might be hip length when...

-You make the mistake of sleeping with long hair and wake up with it stuck under DBF's back :P
-You watch a movie together on the couch and your hair gets stuck under DBF's back
-You freak out because something is tickling you, scarily close to your butcrack and you think it's a creepy bug- and it's your hair. Which in turn leads to a feeling of joy because it's SO CLOSE TO BCL

samanthaa
January 11th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Dang! 7" hair sticks?? 5" is still too long on me...

Darn my thin hair. Sadly I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull off a pretty coronet braid due to the thinness :(

Hip length is such a weird in between length.

LadyCelestina
January 11th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Dang! 7" hair sticks?? 5" is still too long on me...

Darn my thin hair. Sadly I don't know if I'll ever be able to pull off a pretty coronet braid due to the thinness :(

Hip length is such a weird in between length.

Have you tried pancaking your braids?

ipickee
January 11th, 2017, 08:08 AM
These are fabulous. Putting the coffee down so I can keep reading without messing up my monitor....

lapushka
January 11th, 2017, 08:14 AM
--7" hair sticks
--sponge curlers: before rolling, 1 inch diameter; after rolling, 3 inch diameter

:D I am hip length and can barely do a LWB! How it's so different for all of us! :flower:

spirals
January 14th, 2017, 12:44 AM
When you are done braiding your hair and you flip it behind your shoulder to your back and it swings around and ends up over your other shoulder to your front.

spirals
January 29th, 2017, 11:02 PM
...a half-up has become a real undertaking. All the hair wants to join the party.

truepeacenik
January 30th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Dancing with braids clears a nice sized circle around you at the concert.

zashin66
January 30th, 2017, 12:46 AM
It gets stuck behind you in the car

pailin
January 30th, 2017, 01:16 AM
:oops:
When you are done braiding your hair and you flip it behind your shoulder to your back and it swings around and ends up over your other shoulder to your front.

And when you flip said braid behind your head during exercise and it ends up on the opposite side, stuck to your arm with sweat and more or less restraining you :oops:

Crystawni
January 30th, 2017, 01:30 AM
...you get dressed with your hair down and your ends get trapped in your undies, waistband or belt, and you only find out when you feel that *tug*. And no, that little hairflick to avoid bra bands ain't gunna help you.

spirals
January 30th, 2017, 10:05 PM
^ Doesn't happen to me, but only because my hair falls shorter due to the curls. It does get caught in my armpits as I'm getting dressed.

Crystawni
January 30th, 2017, 10:29 PM
^ Doesn't happen to me, but only because my hair falls shorter due to the curls. It does get caught in my armpits as I'm getting dressed.

I'm hearing you on the curl retention. My hair stretches to BCL, with the undies thing taking me by surprise recently when my hair was still wet. :o It also gets caught in the crook of my arm (summer here, and the humidity grabs strays so they dance around the body and get "glued" in all kinds of places). I took the plunge (pun intended) and let my hair down when swimming the other day--it was like a cross between mermaid hair and attack of the seaweed monster. :lol:

spirals
January 31st, 2017, 09:25 PM
"attack of the seaweed monster" :spitting:

LittleQuill
January 31st, 2017, 11:32 PM
You know you might be hip when wearing your hair down feels oddly similar to wearing a cape. Or, you can use it as a blanket when you're cold. :lol:

Zesty
February 1st, 2017, 09:06 AM
...you get dressed with your hair down and your ends get trapped in your undies, waistband or belt, and you only find out when you feel that *tug*. And no, that little hairflick to avoid bra bands ain't gunna help you.

When your "little hair flick" becomes an exaggerated hula hooping motion. :lol:

PixieP
February 1st, 2017, 09:35 AM
While taking on your bra you almost do a little dance to keep the hair (even braided) out of the cups/straps/band. Swish the hair this way, lean the body that way, flip the hair over, lean the other way...

(I'm still a cm or so away from hip but I hope it's ok I post anyway :P)

Saldana
February 1st, 2017, 12:17 PM
....when there is no question that to get dressed in any fashion, your hair MUST be up, at least in a messy bun. Otherwise....hair stuck in bra straps, under camisoles, in the waistband of panties, pants, skirts....and you spend twice as much time detangling hair from whereever it might be stuck than you do actually putting your clothes on.

Hairkay
February 1st, 2017, 12:21 PM
--7" hair sticks

I'm not hip length but I have experienced the hair draping in the armpits thing.

spirals
February 1st, 2017, 05:48 PM
....you are finally at Practical Magic length.

sumidha
February 1st, 2017, 06:06 PM
...You enjoy every moment of wearing it down because very, very soon it's going to be too long for that to ever be practical again.

Crystawni
February 1st, 2017, 06:12 PM
....you are finally at Practical Magic length.

:stirpot: :waltz:

You put the lime in the coconut and

let your hair

drink it all up!

:magic:

spirals
February 1st, 2017, 07:15 PM
^ YES. Just watched it last night on Netflix.

zashin66
February 3rd, 2017, 10:46 PM
You know you might be hip when wearing your hair down feels oddly similar to wearing a cape. Or, you can use it as a blanket when you're cold. :lol:

yes! Who needs a coat/shawl/sweater

spirals
February 5th, 2017, 12:36 PM
You can now really feel that you have a braid down your back.

PixieP
February 6th, 2017, 10:53 AM
You see someone for the first time in almost two years while wearing your hair loose and they go "WOW your hair is so long now!" First time I've had that happen :D

spirals
March 21st, 2017, 08:08 PM
....you're not there yet, but you are more aware that someday going to the bathroom is going to get a bit more complicated.

Wosie
March 22nd, 2017, 01:47 AM
:stirpot: :waltz:

You put the lime in the coconut and

let your hair

drink it all up!

:magic:
Crystawni, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in your signature! You've done a great job at taking care of it. :D :cheer:

....you're not there yet, but you are more aware that someday going to the bathroom is going to get a bit more complicated.
Yes, this is becoming increasingly difficult for me... I try to loop ze hair around my neck a few times. ´xP

hobbitlocks
March 22nd, 2017, 05:31 PM
You see someone for the first time in almost two years while wearing your hair loose and they go "WOW your hair is so long now!" First time I've had that happen :D

Every time I've had my hair down lately I've gotten this. And these are people I see regularly! I almost never wear my hair loose, but I do wear it in braids a lot, so I don't really understand why the length is a surprise.

pandabarrier
April 2nd, 2017, 10:59 AM
You feel your hair ends brushing your thighs when sitting cross-legged.

spirals
April 2nd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Your hair keeps getting caught in your armpits, but from the front now.

Crystawni
April 3rd, 2017, 02:02 AM
Crystawni, your hair looks absolutely gorgeous in your signature! You've done a great job at taking care of it. :D :cheer:

Thank you, Wosie! :smooch: After seeing your monthly pics, I could say the same for you! It's so beautifully full of life and lustre!