PDA

View Full Version : how long has it taken you to reach your goal length?

grecianmermaid
January 8th, 2017, 05:28 AM
I decided to grow my hair out from a lob in september 2015. Now in Jan 2017, my hair is 3 inches from hip!

Hip length was my dream goal when I started, but if i'm lucky enough to reach that length, I want to continue growing to classic!

what were your goal lengths? and how long did it take you to reach them? :)

hayheadsbird
January 8th, 2017, 05:39 AM
I'm setting goals in the shorter term, but ATM the long term is classic. I started deliberately growing in May when I stumbled along LHC. I was just short of APL and hit that quite quickly. Next goal was BSL by the end of the year. Hit that in December. Next is waist, hoping for summer, but it looks like a long way visually so will maybe have to be Christmas.

Johannah
January 8th, 2017, 05:49 AM
APL layered till 36" one length (between hip and BCL) took me 3 years, I think. I needed to cut a lot to get rid of the layers and I'm still maintaining for my hemline.

Maybe I'll grow till 38", maybe I'll do a big chop... Both are options, time will tell. ;)

Arctic
January 8th, 2017, 05:57 AM
Uhh, eternity? I've never reached a goal length and later tossed the whole concept :laugh:

Nique1202
January 8th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Well, when I started out from my pixie I had an original goal of midback/bsl, which took me about 3 years including the time I spent getting my pixie reshaped into a bob. Which would be great if I'd kept that original goal. XD Silly me, I kept setting new goals. Now I'm within reach of classic (which was my second Big Goal) but I don't know precisely when I'll get there. My growth rate has varied over the last couple of years so I have no consistent idea of how long anything will take anymore. If I'm very lucky, I'll get there some time this upcoming summer. If I'm less lucky, I think I should still make it by year's end. I started growing out my hair in mid-late 2011 so that would be about 6 years to get to classic. And, I'm still not sure I'm done yet, because I want to shoot for the stars, or at least for knee length. That would take me another year and a half if I'm lucky, or close to 3 years if I'm less lucky.

Totty
January 8th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Still work in progress. Growing since July 2012

Of the Fae
January 8th, 2017, 07:27 AM
I haven't reached my new goal yet, but my goal of waist from a pixie cut took me about 3 years.

vampyyri
January 8th, 2017, 07:52 AM
I didn't have a goal pre-LHC, I was just growing my hair out for my wedding in October 2015. Since joining LHC, my first goal of BCL (because you know LHC changes goals and all) took me 7 months from WL (May to November). Now I'm looking at 11 months to CL (from November to September)... but it could happen sooner with summer growth spurts and all, so who knows? :p

Of the Fae
January 8th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I didn't have a goal pre-LHC, I was just growing my hair out for my wedding in October 2015. Since joining LHC, my first goal of BCL (because you know LHC changes goals and all) took me 7 months from WL (May to November). Now I'm looking at 11 months to CL (from November to September)... but it could happen sooner with summer growth spurts and all, so who knows? :p

Ooh that gives me hope of reaching BCL quite soon as well :D

Annalouise
January 8th, 2017, 09:14 AM
It's taken me 6.5 years to get to waist. I cut my hair back once to shoulder length. So perhaps its taken me half that time to grow from shoulder to waist. I trimmed my hair almost 6 inches one year due to very thin ends and believing in a myth that if you trim your ends they will grow back more thick. (no, not unless you have layers). Plus I had a major shedding/hair loss event while doing WO. Plus I battle allergies to hair products. My ends are *very thin. I don't know if I can make it to classic but I'll try. I stopped trimming my hair because it was pointless I was just losing length. Trimming is the :evil: when you are going for length. It's a learning process that is for certain.:)
:puppy:

hanne jensen
January 8th, 2017, 09:19 AM
My goal length is terminal so I'm not there yet. I joined in 2009 and have had some major chops along the way which is why I'm only at waist+ now.

Ellethwyn
January 8th, 2017, 10:10 AM
I decided to stop trimming my hair at shoulder length because I wanted tailbone length hair. It took me 6 years to reach tailbone with just a couple small 1-3 inch trims along the way.

pamrlyn
January 8th, 2017, 10:35 AM
This is kind of fun to think about. in a way, thus far, it has taken 59 years, 3 months and 11 days. Since I've always "wanted" long tailbone length hair, without ever thinking it was in the realm of possibility.

Since making the decision to actually go for it, it has been about 3 years - and I have a couple years to go, unless my terminal length is shorter. Must keep my hands off the scissors, though... Right now I'm about 1/2 inch from waist. It is the longest my hair has ever been in my life - so quite happy about that :)

lapushka
January 8th, 2017, 11:22 AM
My goal length was classic and I reached that September 2015. I maintained it for over a year, then in November 2016 went back to hip length. Now I'm on the no trimming 2017 thread to get back to TBL.

It's a constant journey for me.

But the reason it took me 10 years to get to classic is... experimenting. With dye, henna, bleach, all sorts of things. I could never make up my mind and so changed my color often. I had to cut back to chin twice, and once to BSL from hip (2 perms & heat damage). Yeah.

TatsuOni
January 8th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I've still far from my goal. My goal ever since I began growing my hair almost then years ago is mid thigh. Though I might go further if I'm able to reach it... But first I'm hoping to get there :)

JadeTigress
January 8th, 2017, 11:30 AM
My ultimate goal is terminal, but my first major goal is waist. Right now it's taken 3 years to go from pixie to BSL, with way too many trims in between. I probably could've been to waist by now if I'd cut back on the trimming. But I should get to waist by the end of summer at the earliest and the end of 2017 at the latest. So 3.5-4 years by the time I get there. My growth always speeds way up when it's warm.

PrincessBob
January 8th, 2017, 11:37 AM
While still not "there" I am two inches from goal! I started growing a long time ago, but continual damage and lack of har cair knowledge and skilld kinda buggered up the process. While I used to count from around my wedding decade ago, I now count from when I joined LHC, (somewhere between bsl and waist ) and learned how to detangle without scissors (yes, seriously ) in six and a half years I have reached 67", with 2" to go, I will easily meet my goal by my birthday in May, and even be able to trim some.

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 09:02 PM
When I joined LHC back in 2010 I started out with a chin length short bob, and now I've reached BSL, and is on my way to MBL. Hopefully this year I will reach hip length at the end of the year. So, it took me 6 years to get to BSL from a chin length bob. My goal is terminal length.

draysmir
February 6th, 2017, 10:10 AM
While I haven't reached my ultimate goal yet, I have basically (reached it stretched currently) reached my first main goal, which is waist length. My hair was CBL stretched with heavy layering when I first started to grow it out, and it has taken exactly two years to grow it to waist stretched. I've trimmed probably about 1 1/2 inches or 2 inches of my hair growth while growing it out. At least right now, my ultimate goal is TBL with a decent hemline, and that will probably take me another year and a half/two years to get to there, since I'm now going to be trimming kind of frequent now (I have some noticeable splits at this length now, which I feel is inevitable with fine hair if I don't trim it frequently now). I need to trim about another inch or two to make my hair one length, which is another goal of mine, so I'm nearing in on that goal! :)

mellsss91
February 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM
My goal is to reach my hair at hip lenght. Now its waist i think? Almost over my bra strip.
I hope december 2017 i Will reach my goal.....!!! Will see

lapis_lazuli
February 6th, 2017, 10:25 AM
4 years ongoing... my next goal is knee and that may be where I stop :)

Hairkay
February 6th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I set short term goals. I started at BSL and wanted to reach MBL. That took a year then had another year to reach waist. I haven't decided what I want to do from here as yet.

nekosan
February 6th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Uhh, eternity? I've never reached a goal length and later tossed the whole concept :laugh:

I'm with Arctic. =)

door72067
February 6th, 2017, 11:48 AM
If you count from when I began growing out color (then chopping, then growing again) it will take me from October of 2011 until this July (2017)

if you only count from when I began growing my virgin hair, it was should in November of 2013 and I will be at goal in July

colin
February 6th, 2017, 01:15 PM
My original goal was just to grow for 2 years, but I have now been growing for about 5-6 with some trims to even things up etc. Don't really have a goal though, just longer.