PDA

View Full Version : Desperately need help! Possibly damaged hair!

schallerjasmine
January 7th, 2017, 06:40 PM
I went to the "dry heat" sauna for 4 weeks every other day for like 4 hours on average(without anything in my hair), and since I've stopped going my hair is SO dry. For the last 3-4 weeks I have been trying to deep condition, but my normal texture and hydration won't come back. I used to have oily scalp, but my scalp has been dry since then. My hair just seems less smooth (it is past my hip(30 inches long) and VERY thick--it still looks good, but in my opinion not as good as it used to). My strand have always been coarser (native American heritage), but now my hair just looks drier and frizzier than normal. The think I notice most is that it just doesn't feel as soft. I have never really deep conditioned my hair because it would get too oily, so I was wondering if you could help me. I tried raw unpressed coconut oil and it was okay, but trying to get it out dried out my hair. So, how can I get oil out without drying my hair. And do you guys think I actually damaged my hair permanently, or does it just need a lot of moisture tlc before its back to normal. What treatments would you recommend and will I have to cut all my hair off and grow it again to get it back to what it used to be? Thanks!

curlysamantha
January 7th, 2017, 06:43 PM
I personally wouldn't cut all of it off, but maybe a few inches, then try doing conditioning treatments, oil treatments etc.

schallerjasmine
January 7th, 2017, 06:48 PM
I went to the hairdresser a week ago and she cut of all my split ends, it came to about .5-1 inch of hair cut off, she said there was not anymore to cut off. Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your advice!

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I personally wouldn't cut it all off either. I would go out and get you a deep moisturizing conditioner. Sit under a hooded dryer for 15-20 minutes, and see if that helps. Or, you can also try a deep moisturizing conditioner with protein in it, and sit under a hooded dryer for also 15 minutes. That might help, and what I mean by a deep moisturizing conditioner with protein in it is a moisturizing/protein balance conditioner. Once you've applied the conditioner to your hair, and have sat under the hooded dryer for 15 minutes your hair will start to feeling and looking a lot better. If you do that once a month. When I do deep moisturizing treatments I do them twice a week, and the protein treatments twice a month. Or, whenever I feel that my hair needs protein.

Obsidian
January 7th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Can you go to the sauna again? I would do a deep treatment and hit the sauna, the heat will help the conditioner penetrate better.
For now on, when you go to the sauna, use a little conditioner and cover your hair.