PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what happened, but you did it.

Mrstran
January 3rd, 2017, 06:06 PM
So this is what happened

I set a goal of WL and was very excited about it.
After a big chop (my hair needed it) I found LHC and was blown away
by all the knowledge people had in here.
It has brought me quite far!

After about week 4, I found myself admiring the lovely hip length hair. I then changed my goal to hip.
How could I help it?

A week ago I started it again. I was admiring the beautiful TBL hair pictures.
After about five minutes, my goal had changed yet again!
Do you see where this is going? :p

And finally I am here.....

Tonight I have been wondering, should I attempt to grow to terminal length?
My hubby suggested it a few months ago, but at that time I had no interest.

I am now seriously considering it.
I had TBL hair before, so now maybe I can keep going this time.

Anyway. Thank you for the inspiration
:cloud9:

My question to you LHC'ers
Have your goals changed since being here on LHC?

browneyedsusan
January 3rd, 2017, 06:19 PM
Oh my goodness, YES!

My glass ceiling was APL. (It's been that long before, when I was 8.) I wasn't even sure I could grow it to that goal.

Now, I'm growing it out for fun. Just to see what it's like. When it stops being fun, I'll cut it back, but I'm still enjoying the ride. :)

Currently maintaining at hip length to thicken up the hemline. (Winter has been brutal on my ends.)

ameliasuzanne
January 3rd, 2017, 06:38 PM
I think this is sooo awesome!!! I'm a pretty new member so I haven't been around as long, but I've already changed my mind several times! At first, I just wanted to get my hair back to a length where I could braid and do fun things with it (APL, BSL) but then I thought, why not set my goals higher? And I thought maybe waist length... Now, I'm thinking TBL! I'm still at ear length so this is a lot of planning in advance :rolleyes:

It's really cool that this community has inspired you so much to keep growing! And in regards to terminal length, I say why not go for it? If it starts to get stringy or annoy you, you can always trim it back to TBL or wherever else you decide you're comfortable! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
January 3rd, 2017, 06:45 PM
It sure did! When I fist joined here I wanted waist, because that's soooo long. Then I wanted Classic because my Grandmother had classic length hair until she died. Now I have been tempted to grow to knee, and to be honest am now wondering if past knee might be nice...lol. I just might let it grow to where it wants to grow....

Hay_jules
January 3rd, 2017, 06:47 PM
My goals have totally changed since being here too. My initial goal was BSL and then quickly switched to MBL. Recently I've been thinking about aiming for hip or even classic. I have fine-med hair so I'm not sure what my hemline would be like at that point but after being here I know I can maintain length and thicken the hem so now I want to see what I can do. And luckily my dbf loves the idea.

Kwantslonghair
January 3rd, 2017, 06:48 PM
Yes. I started chin length. Grew to near waist then cut to above shoulders because a man said I had to because he hated it. The man is gone and it has regrown to hip. I am just going to let it grow. Right now I would like to be able to sit on it. I will see what it looks like at that point

LongCurlyTress
January 3rd, 2017, 06:57 PM
OP, your post is just so cute. You will have years, I mean YEARS to decide this. Hugs hon!! Each stage has its great parts, but recently, I realized with my 3b/f/iii hair that due to breakage during detangling at 37 inches/TBL, that I think hip is going to be the max that I can grow my hair to and have it be healthy. I was just going to keep on growing without any specific goal, but my hair type let me know my limits. It's all good. Still feeling blessed to be at hip length now, after my 5 inch chop last month. Good luck and try to enjoy the length your hair is at today... and go hide your scissors. :) And yes, I agree that photos of those with hair longer than yours is is so very inspiring. I have several Pinterest albums for motivation to keep on growin'. :)

Mightyfine
January 3rd, 2017, 08:47 PM
I love your post! I've been lurking for weeks and finally decided to join. I always assumed I couldn't have long hair that looked good (fine), but every day I'm learning more and getting encouraged-literally inch by inch! I think my profile says BSL but I definitely need to adjust to at least MBL...what a great community that has grown here. :) Good luck to you!

Strands
January 3rd, 2017, 09:18 PM
Im pretty new, but my goal of 36" is probably my max. That is hip length on me, if I measured accurately. I am not making any ambitions beyond that until I get there, and am hoping to be there by the end of this year. It is hard to say. ;)

turtlelover
January 3rd, 2017, 09:39 PM
I had a short stacked bob when I last started growing, and I swore I would be thrilled and satisfied when I reached APL. I hit that, and it wasn't long enough, so I went w/ BSL as a goal. I hit that, and now I am just a little below BSL stretched. Now I'm finally ready to admit to myself that I want my childhood dream of tailbone length hair at least ONCE since I'm in my 40s and we don't live forever. So, I will go for it. If the ends get thin, I might re-evaluate since I'm a freak about nice ends. For all I know, I might stall out somewhere along the way but I'll never know unless I try, right?

Decoy24601
January 3rd, 2017, 09:49 PM
That definitely happened to me, for sure.

I joined at TBL after 2 years of only .5" length taken off over two trims and accidentally reaching that length with benign neglect. I joined after finding some sort of thread on reddit about either LUSH hair care or no 'poo. I ended up realizing my daily washing and routine was making my hair feel awful. I also had tons of mechanical damage, which is mostly gone. The last time I "chopped" my hair, I chopped to SL, then grew it out while maintaining drastic (and often poorly cut and overdone) layers and my length around MBL. A good portion of my layers are gone now, but I still have at least a few inches of layers and thinned ends that I'm growing out.

At first, I figured I'd just maintain at TBL to grow out layers and focus on hair health, but then I started thinking that classic would be really nice. Now, I'm almost at classic and am thinking about thigh or even knee length. I'm still not sure how long I want to grow yet, but I know that I definitely want at least a couple inches past classic with no layers and blunt ends.

Dessi
January 4th, 2017, 01:17 AM
It changes all the time.. I came here wishing for BCL and quickly changed that to TBL. Then I thought that Classic length would be even nicer and having reached Classic I started thinking about Mid-thigh length. I'm now at FTL, almost Mid-thigh and am already considering Knee length. I have no idea when will I stop, honestly. :D

hanne jensen
January 4th, 2017, 04:42 AM
When I joined LHC I had just above shoulder length hair. I thought BSL was very long for me as I had never had hair that long. After a few major chops I'm now creeping towards hip and have changed my goals to terminal. Might as well go all the way instead of always changing my goals.

Shiranshoku
January 4th, 2017, 06:28 AM
Kind of? I started out here at around shoulder length, and my goal was waist.
I got back to lurking a few cm past APL.

I returned here just shy of tailbone length, well past my goal. It kind of happened, I guess? I'm now hoping for classic, but my main goal is being able to wrap my braid around my head Timosjenko-style.

Nique1202
January 4th, 2017, 07:05 AM
It happens to a lot of us. I certainly only joined with the intention of getting to around midback, where I'd been before I got my pixie cut. Then my goal started to grow along with my hair. I had a silly dream of reaching classic by my 30th birthday but I honestly thought I'd be happy by the time I hit midback. Then by the time I hit hip I realized that I wasn't in any danger of hitting terminal yet and I wouldn't be truly happy with my hair until I knew what classic+ felt like at least once in my life. So now my silly dream is to get past knee length if I don't hit terminal first, and I'm only about 5 inches away from classic.

school of fish
January 4th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I think I may be the minority contingient of LHCers who really hasn't shifted goals since joining, haha! ;)

When I signed up I had tailbone in mind, and now that I'm here I wish no further. For me, I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that my hair's texture wouldn't allow me to grow longer and maintain an aesthetic I'd personally be pleased with, but more importantly I'd have to change my daily living habits in a way I'm just not willing to do for the sake of my hair. Aesthetically and practically, I know the hip-to-tailbone range is the best one for me :)

That doesn't stop me from admiring many of the head-turning lengths on this forum though!! ;) :D

Alissalocks
January 4th, 2017, 07:27 AM
More more more seems to be the overwhelming majority and I am no exception! It's only been 6ish months since i joined and my goal of TBL is beginning to sound too short. But we will see! I don't want to bum myself out with unrealistic goals, just want to focus on enjoying my hair at its current length and hoping for it to stay healthy and keep growing.

lapushka
January 4th, 2017, 07:49 AM
So this is what happened

I set a goal of WL and was very excited about it.
After a big chop (my hair needed it) I found LHC and was blown away
by all the knowledge people had in here.
It has brought me quite far!

After about week 4, I found myself admiring the lovely hip length hair. I then changed my goal to hip.
How could I help it?

A week ago I started it again. I was admiring the beautiful TBL hair pictures.
After about five minutes, my goal had changed yet again!
Do you see where this is going? :p

And finally I am here.....

Tonight I have been wondering, should I attempt to grow to terminal length?
My hubby suggested it a few months ago, but at that time I had no interest.

I am now seriously considering it.
I had TBL hair before, so now maybe I can keep going this time.

Anyway. Thank you for the inspiration
:cloud9:

My question to you LHC'ers
Have your goals changed since being here on LHC?

I think I'd first try and reach a *real* goal before shifting the goals around. For all you know WL might be the most you can take. ;)

ipickee
January 4th, 2017, 08:00 AM
This is a byproduct of being an LHC member :). When I started, I thought MBL was long. Now that I'm at MBL, I'm thinking Classic might not be long enough. Happy growing, enjoy the journey!!!

Of the Fae
January 4th, 2017, 08:15 AM
My starting goal when I came here was waist length, but while I was growing I changed that to hip, then TBL and CL.. I am now somewhat past waist and will definitely keep growing! Haha, it's definitely because of LHC that these goals changed! I didn't even know it was possible to have such long hair, but then I saw all those amazing heads of hair at amazing lengths, and I learned that what I thought was my terminal length was actually just damage that kept accumulating! I learned a lot on here.

Seija
January 4th, 2017, 08:18 AM
I started here wanting WL, but after seeing everyone's hair since I've joined about a month ago WL doesn't seem very long anymore. My hair's only neck length, so I basically feel bald since joining LHC, but it makes me even more determined! I'm really hoping to reach classic someday, hopefully in the next 100 years :cheer:

Of the Fae
January 4th, 2017, 08:21 AM
I started here wanting WL, but after seeing everyone's hair since I've joined about a month ago WL doesn't seem very long anymore. My hair's only neck length, so I basically feel bald since joining LHC, but it makes me even more determined! I'm really hoping to reach classic someday, hopefully in the next 100 years :cheer:

I have been at that length for quite some time in my life, also while on here. You will be at Waist and beyond before you know it :D

Seija
January 4th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I have been at that length for quite some time in my life, also while on here. You will be at Waist and beyond before you know it :D

Thanks for the reassurance, it always helps to be reminded that everyone was here at some point. Your hair is lovely by the way :bluesmile

Of the Fae
January 4th, 2017, 08:46 AM
Oh thank you :o

samanthaa
January 4th, 2017, 09:05 AM
My goals have also changed. I joined wanting hip length hair, and quickly realized that what I believed to be "hip" is more accurately called "tailbone." While tailbone with a blunt hemline (and eventually virgin hair) is still my goal, I have recently been entertaining thoughts of growing to classic.

Mrstran
January 4th, 2017, 09:23 AM
So there are a fewer you! It's pretty neat how you can change your mind so quickly, and about something that takes years of work.

I am very much looking forward to all the hair, loving every strand. The only downside I can see for now are the extensions comments, haha!

dvep
January 4th, 2017, 09:50 AM
By the time I signed up here (2 days ago!) I already had my goal of TBL in mind, but lurking around didn't help...my original goal was waist length, then hip length...I'm in between those two now and I know I need it longer! Also, youtube videos did me in.

vampyyri
January 4th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Oh tell me about it... I joined at WL with the intention to grow to BCL to mimic my sister's length. I reached it and realized, we don't have the same hair texture/type at all (she's 1a/F/i/ii), and I made my own goal of CL ... because well... I (think I) can :p I'm pretty much convinced I will stop there, but I have entertained the thought of FTL. Who knows?

pili
January 4th, 2017, 10:49 AM
I joined with a TBL goal and now I'm thinking classic dry and curly.

door72067
January 4th, 2017, 01:27 PM
I came in looking for henna recipes for my basically always BSL-ish hair (because I colored regularly, I had to trim it often to keep bad ends at bay)

decided maybe a little longer (waist?) would be nice then stopped coloring all together, grew it out, cut the color off and have ended up with just past waist virgin hair hoping for solid hip by July of this year (personal goal: tailbone length virgin hair for my 50th b'day)

I may, or may not trim/cut then

too many inspirational heads here to not change goals lol

Greenfire
January 4th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I joined looking for help with severely damaged hair that I had to grow out after a big cut. Then it became for growing out coloured hair, and I decided I wanted it long. I haven't picked a goal length though, I just want to see what it can do, where it can go and what styles I can learn. Once I don't want to push it further, I'll stop, but until then, happy growing!

Reyn127
January 4th, 2017, 08:29 PM
This post made me laugh a little bit, because I totally have changed my goals since starting to lurk on here...

At first I thought I didn't ever want to grow it so long that I would sit on it, but that went out the window pretty quickly when I decided classic length hair would be really cool. That is still my current realistic goal, but... I have been playing with the idea of maybe aiming for knee in the future. Only if I could handle it while it grows though! I have been musing with aiming for a classic length BRAID, as something of a "realistic" goal, but that could easily just be a fantasy thought, because I have no idea if I can actually handle that much hair. It's already a bit much with all the tangles if I don't keep it constrained pretty much all the time.

So although my goals have been all over the place somewhat, I do know that it'll have to be a "see how it goes" kind of thing.

poli
January 5th, 2017, 01:25 AM
When I joined I thought waist length is long hair and I still think it is:
1. Waist is long IRL.
2. Waist is long for most hair professionals.
3. Waist is long for me when I look at a person or a photo.

What I learned on LHC is to appreciate different types, textures, lengths and hair care in general and I'm grateful for that. It's a nice hobby, growing your hair out :)

emptyque
January 5th, 2017, 07:17 AM
I put BSL as my goal in my profile, but I would like to try for longer. But the thing is, I have over a year just to hit BSL, so I don't want to get too far a head of myself. I'm not sure how long I could go. A lot could happen in the future.