PDA

View Full Version : My Journey to Classic Length 2017

PennyQuin
January 3rd, 2017, 05:51 PM
Hello everyone! You may know me, or not. I joined LHC back in 2014, when I was BSL. If you don’t know about me, you can read my history in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127111&p=2851810)

Every end of the year, I write down all the goals I want to accomplish for the new year. This time, for this 2017, I really want to grow my hair to Classic Length… badly!
I have been growing my hair since I cut it in a pixie back in 2011. Growth from 2013- mid 2015 was AMAZING, but then I got stuck in end 2015 - 2016, with two trims last year, and no time for taking good care of my hair. It’s not that I’m at pixie again, but I can say that I didn’t gain much length in 2016 with this comparison pictures I have in hand. Right now my hair is at HL, pretty close to BCL.

I’m planning to keep a journal for the weekly updates of my growth here for some motivation for me and you guys. I finally started a youtube’s channel too (Two years later! I was going to start it on 2015 :( ). You can watch my hair growth with me. I will post weekly here about everything I do. I'm going to update weekly my signature with the current progress too. Monthly, I'm planning making a {Month} Recap with pictures and a side to side comparison.

For this WEEK 1 I’m doing the inversion method, that worked for me back in 2014-2015 (I did it in 3 occasions, one week per month, as I'm planning to do this year) massaging with coconut oil and Rosemary EO every other day. I’m doing a major deep condition with cocoa butter before washing my hair (Only one hair wash per week) and I’m currently not taking any supplements, just my regular moringa tea after waking up and before going to bed, and healthy eating.

It's a big challenge this year, since I have to grow 14 CM to my main goal, and that's a lot. I'm pretty excited about this, because I have a feeling.. maybe this year... maybe this is the year I finally reach CL!

This are my stats: (January)
2016-12-31: HL – 74 CM / 29.13 INCHES
2017-01-08: HL - 75 CM / 29.52 INCHES
2017-01-15: HL - 76 CM / 29.9 INCHES
2017-01-22: HL - 76 CM / 29.9 INCHES
2017-01-29: HL - 76 CM / 29.9 INCHES
2017-02-05: HL - 76 CM / 29.9 INCHES
2017-02-12: COMING SOON

Links to the post:
- WEEK 1 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&p=3351006&viewfull=1#post3351006)
- WEEK 2 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&page=2&p=3355141&viewfull=1#post3355141)
- WEEK 3 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&p=3358696&viewfull=1#post3358696)
- WEEK 4 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&page=4&p=3363601&viewfull=1#post3363601)
- WEEK 5 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&page=5&p=3366510#post3366510)
- JANUARY SUMMARY (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141143&page=5&p=3366510#post3366510)

hanne jensen
January 4th, 2017, 04:59 AM
Good luck on your journey. 14 cm in one year is possible.

Alissalocks
January 4th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Sounds doable! I admire your motivation. I'm too lazy to document that frequently, but hopefully it will give you the feedback you need to keep you on track with your hair goals.

samanthaa
January 4th, 2017, 09:54 AM
I'm interested in your experience deep conditioning with cocoa butter.

Is is heavy/difficult to wash out as shea butter is, or does it act more like an oil? I expect you'd have to heat it up in order to be able to apply it. Do you add anything else to it?

Good luck on your journey! I look forward to following your journey.

PennyQuin
January 4th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Good luck on your journey. 14 cm in one year is possible.

Thank you very much hanne jensen for your wishes. I really think it's possible too. I just have to stick with it.

Sounds doable! I admire your motivation. I'm too lazy to document that frequently, but hopefully it will give you the feedback you need to keep you on track with your hair goals.

Thank you very much Alissalocks! I really want to stick to it. Everytime I'm looking for my growth rates I got crazy because I don't have them properly documented. This time it's different :)

I'm interested in your experience deep conditioning with cocoa butter.

Is is heavy/difficult to wash out as shea butter is, or does it act more like an oil? I expect you'd have to heat it up in order to be able to apply it. Do you add anything else to it?

Good luck on your journey! I look forward to following your journey.

Hello samanthaa, thank you very much for your support. Indeed, cocoa butter it's pretty difficult to wash out, even more than shea butter. I heat it well first and then apply it in the bottom half of my hair. I live in a pretty hot country so it doesn't have time to solidify. To remove it I first use warm water with just a little bit of baking soda. BS it's pretty good removing oils, or at least works for me. Then I wash with shampoo. I only use this every other week.

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Good luck on your hair journey to Classic Length! Right now, my hair goals for this year is to reach where you are now. Which is at Hip Length! I am looking forward to my hair reaching Hip Length by the end of the year!!! I've always taken good care of my hair! With CO-washes, shampooing twice a week, deep conditioning twice a week, and protein treatments once or twice a month. Or, whenever I feel that my hair needs some protein. I do take hair vitamin supplements, and that's about it.

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone! You may know me, or not. I joined LHC back in 2014, when I was BSL. If you don’t know about me, you can read my history in this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=127111&p=2851810)

Every end of the year, I write down all the goals I want to accomplish for the new year. This time, for this 2017, I really want to grow my hair to Classic Length… badly!
I have been growing my hair since I cut it in a pixie back in 2011. Growth from 2013- mid 2015 was AMAZING, but then I got stuck in end 2015 - 2016, with two trims last year, and no time for taking good care of my hair. It’s not that I’m at pixie again, but I can say that I didn’t gain much length in 2016 with this comparison pictures I have in hand. Right now my hair is at HL, pretty close to BCL.

I’m planning to keep a journal for the weekly updates of my growth here for some motivation for me and you guys. I finally started a youtube’s channel too (Two years later! I was going to start it on 2015 :( ). You can watch my hair growth with me. I will post weekly here about everything I do. I'm going to update weekly my signature with the current progress too. Monthly, I'm planning making a {Month} Recap with pictures and a side to side comparison.

For this WEEK 1 I’m doing the inversion method, that worked for me back in 2014-2015 (I did it in 3 occasions, one week per month, as I'm planning to do this year) massaging with coconut oil and Rosemary EO every other day. I’m doing a major deep condition with cocoa butter before washing my hair (Only one hair wash per week) and I’m currently not taking any supplements, just my regular moringa tea after waking up and before going to bed, and healthy eating.

It's a big challenge this year, since I have to grow 14 CM to my main goal, and that's a lot. I'm pretty excited about this, because I have a feeling.. maybe this year... maybe this is the year I finally reach CL!

2017-01-08: COMING SOON
2017-01-15: COMING SOON
2017-01-22: COMING SOON
2017-01-29: COMING SOON

Links to the post: (Future)
WEEK 1: To be continued…
I think I'll reach Classic Length sometime in 2018!

zashin66
January 7th, 2017, 09:01 PM

2017-01-08: COMING SOON
2017-01-15: COMING SOON
2017-01-22: COMING SOON
2017-01-29: COMING SOON

Links to the post: (Future)
WEEK 1: To be continued…

Wow, all the media. This is fantastic!!:cheer::toast:

I am going to follow you very closely. I am right about where you are but taller I think. My hair is at tailbone length. My goal is classic length by my birthday at the end of May this year. That length was my original goal before I was inspired to go for terminal length or floor length by some of the notables here at the long hair community.

PennyQuin
January 8th, 2017, 08:42 PM
Good luck on your hair journey to Classic Length! Right now, my hair goals for this year is to reach where you are now. Which is at Hip Length! I am looking forward to my hair reaching Hip Length by the end of the year!!! I've always taken good care of my hair! With CO-washes, shampooing twice a week, deep conditioning twice a week, and protein treatments once or twice a month. Or, whenever I feel that my hair needs some protein. I do take hair vitamin supplements, and that's about it.

Thank you very much Dark40. That's amazing! I know you can do it!

Wow, all the media. This is fantastic!!:cheer::toast:

I am going to follow you very closely. I am right about where you are but taller I think. My hair is at tailbone length. My goal is classic length by my birthday at the end of May this year. That length was my original goal before I was inspired to go for terminal length or floor length by some of the notables here at the long hair community.

Thank you very much for all your support zashin66. I'm sure you're taller than me! I'm 151 CM, or almost 5'. I really hope you can reach your goal.

PennyQuin
January 8th, 2017, 09:09 PM
WEEK 1 Recap:

Busy days as never, but I managed to complete my week goal, that was completing 7 days of inversion method, without failure. All inversions were for about 4 minutes and didn't got too dizzy. Just the first day.

This week I tried Yucca Root Powder has shampoo for the first time. Since I only wash once a week, all the coconut oil was accumulated in all my hair length and it was a mess. I thought the yucca shampoo couldn't get it out.... but it did most! I used one tablespoon and 2 cups of warm water. In the beginning, I felt my hair very gunky when finished washing, but oils and dirt were removed in a 85% percent, and didn't need to condition. I really liked the result, taking note that it was an oily week. Couldn't deep condition my hair, since I was not in home this weekend.

I measured my hair today and I gained more than 1 cm (almost a inch) because of the inversion method! My hair it's pretty uneven, so I took 1 cm as full growth.

Next week, of course, I'm not doing the inversion method. I'm doing it only once per month. But I'm planning to do some coffee rinses.

And this is the week 1 picture!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/PXiTBuuw-Tw4p31Bkx08yO1pb6tp56aAofDhw68iOfXgG1zYiGD_l0MW6Qr eAVyx8YFnmfvZ36HIqZuj_cdtltzJQzvNGejLkUdJWbEGzNpGm Hfbbu43CmX88sVdOjnde4UXA0KXe78AWnoAIEQ2qEfN6QEr8Eo DzFbp6yXEZ6EAHWYmBUGGLvcIUlynxOAHvm0jRkw0XLJ5kqXLP qbtFm12zyQkov028Q3PYwe_jNNjQBxCHuR3on0KFgiY7hKoS_g JDMi3OKd9YmpkfV6rVLNtTp07hp2FI30armSqW9PGgSpqY-vos8-Hc24alXT8Y0OtH6RNthcjpQt4tKnXHYcuwgAXoZsVowhuW6Vls pePFbZzRhWYCbIeVY87Urbw8dnNo_KsP7mcurrMFF1yE9r02DO UolycWy4_3sjrowQGt3DRr4g47AByeNy2b68UJr4JLNXc5ppeE Ou-2U_enukUDSB-Cni_AgDL4R7rg8Ns5UJcAw2Thhox9dyfo2zAedmOiCcImSofwa iTdGIkjyjF-B0gSg7IbAp3AxOmTMkfV4stL9_4_Qay5ppTthPLq1n42CfaQk1 X9ICdUvEEauoXZJbipRPSejvYwdPhnx78YdOoVjUdaz00BKKBV GsreW26-QvAo-6sGEVjnXU0Jr5lk4_cuAu3GW9NxNjtgw=w601-h745-no

Time to update my signature!

Arete
January 9th, 2017, 03:40 AM
I'll be joining you. I was supposed to reach classic last year, but chopped off two inches. I will start inversions tonight!

Dark40
January 9th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Thank you very much Dark40. That's amazing! I know you can do it!

Thank you very much for all your support zashin66. I'm sure you're taller than me! I'm 151 CM, or almost 5'. I really hope you can reach your goal.
You're welcome very much PennyQuin! Yes, I also have a good feeling that I can do it too! Now mind you, I've never had hip length hair before but I still have a good feeling that it will grow that long and longer!

Not to get off topic....may I ask you? If you have an aunt and a cousin that has had hair to the top of their thighs before in their lifetime....Can it also mean that I inherit hair that long as well? This is an aunt and cousin on my dad's side of the family.

cailinbee
January 9th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Your signature graphic is fantastic, PennyQuin !

PennyQuin
January 12th, 2017, 05:15 PM
Your signature graphic is fantastic, PennyQuin !

Thank you very much cailinbee. Gotta use my skills!

You're welcome very much PennyQuin! Yes, I also have a good feeling that I can do it too! Now mind you, I've never had hip length hair before but I still have a good feeling that it will grow that long and longer!

Not to get off topic....may I ask you? If you have an aunt and a cousin that has had hair to the top of their thighs before in their lifetime....Can it also mean that I inherit hair that long as well? This is an aunt and cousin on my dad's side of the family.

Of course it's possible Dark40. You just have to take care of it and hide you scissors! Everybody is different and maximum length may vary. I'm really experiment to see my maximum growth since there is no indication on my family that I can grow really long hair.

I'll be joining you. I was supposed to reach classic last year, but chopped off two inches. I will start inversions tonight!

I wish you the best in that Arete ! I got good results this time :cool:

Dark40
January 13th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Thank you very much cailinbee. Gotta use my skills!

Of course it's possible Dark40. You just have to take care of it and hide you scissors! Everybody is different and maximum length may vary. I'm really experiment to see my maximum growth since there is no indication on my family that I can grow really long hair.

I wish you the best in that Arete ! I got good results this time :cool:

Great! I thought so! Really? You don't have anyone in your family that can grow extremely long hair? Awwww, what a shame? I just know 2 or 3 people on my dad's side of the family. I have a cousin in my generation that is in her late 50s to early 60s, and she can grow hip length hair, and I've seen it on her too but on my aunt and cousin(my dad's cousin) I have never seen just heard that they can grow extremely long hair.

PennyQuin
January 13th, 2017, 11:40 PM
No Dark40, there is anyone in my family, but is not a shame! You'll see, I live in a extremely hot country so women are not letting long hair grow since it's pretty hard to maintain, because it gets dirty pretty quickly, burnt and ends tends to die faster. Suddenly in 2015 having long hair became popular among girls, so you can see some girls with long hair. I have a big family (More than 30 cousins) and lots of aunts, and I'm the only one with almost BCL. You have a lot of chances you can grow longer hair because of family heritage, I'm pretty sure :applause

Dark40
January 14th, 2017, 08:25 PM
PennyQuin, Oh, ok I see. I bet you do live in an extremely hot country. I'm also from an extremely hot state! So, I'm used to taking care of my BSL hair in hot and humid weather. But women that live in extremely hot countries of weather these days don't want to have long hair. Because, it is harder to maintain and take good care of. Yes, in 2015 girls did have long hair, and it was very popular. Awwww, thank you so very much for your confidence in me growing my hair extremely long from my family inheritance! Because, ever since I was little my mom would always tell me, "You will never grow extremely long hair." "The longest your hair can grow is MBL," and I would often not believe her. Even though she's my mother. I don't understand when she would tell a lie like that.

PennyQuin
January 17th, 2017, 09:58 PM
WEEK 2 Recap:

This week was pretty difficult to me. There was someone moving in my room, and could do much since I'm still adapting... thanks god this week wasn't the inversion method's week.

Couldn't make any deep conditioning and washed my hair only once. Yucca root powder with just a dash o baking soda this time and it's amazing for my hair. Removed all the oils of my hair from last week and It got pretty soft and silky. That much than my Week 2 progress picture it's way different than the first one. Oh, and I did only one coffee rinse... I run out of it :(

The result? Seems like I gained another centimeter but since my hair texture it's way different than week 1, maybe it was last week gain. Updated my signature already.

Hope this week get back to normal. I need to adjust my schedule.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nWYFRaQ5Q51sJLhU8H9osGxiNXGHZzN4COeol-JoYDEa5VaPfhtvUDIH0KAopO374jl3-KHV9RIxsfO_GqGVnuu5_ETHIgTGRN_oJo5OIQU-tgEA8XTBra3ZHK5F48tHJnVtB57T7kV85th09fe6AK2Wb2JdlK 6e3hkW_UI0fnlaP0HIrUJiZkPPvuqgm5uD44Y3-LcafmCgk0QvdDU78Xarg-XEnFyEGYa5Je_sxEpOe1AC47Pp2Biz1pg6PlxwE61mXaXwxxoD ycwCe0ny8GtsHL-jxb34yVjr3KV363JpVdwxKqhU003sgLJrYi26jO_m-gx0T-rRGjCEkDF2zL9fcVQnbQujHhxw7YfrMORe3cYSW3-4Kh_im9Hc-eTLeaU0GqIkogo2akLg3gZhMIGt0tXNM9smq57VAMkwlu8aHNJ wdr_f2P8KAk-AJssH0I37BH63DY1znmm2k9X6uN-78iU-TIwiMR1kIP06yDpRrTS27ovgIbKypDjHgn4tSp0Z14OYEcZI6Y YfFiQA7PTblUgfocfMoAe-swV7Dk7FJptXsfh4TevndOm1VLXovDc-zN0d5E61rUi2Xv1XPf4_2jzsk6loE_eb7ZL-8GkjJpuGrPkP=w689-h794-no

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 17th, 2017, 10:38 PM
If you don't mind me asking do you have any photos of before and during your journey to your current length?
Idk about anyone else but your link to your blog links to your YouTube for me!

PennyQuin
January 20th, 2017, 04:57 PM
Your right! I forgot to change it the time I created the signature. And yes, I have some pictures that I will upload later :)

Dark40
January 21st, 2017, 04:20 PM
WEEK 2 Recap:

This week was pretty difficult to me. There was someone moving in my room, and could do much since I'm still adapting... thanks god this week wasn't the inversion method's week.

Couldn't make any deep conditioning and washed my hair only once. Yucca root powder with just a dash o baking soda this time and it's amazing for my hair. Removed all the oils of my hair from last week and It got pretty soft and silky. That much than my Week 2 progress picture it's way different than the first one. Oh, and I did only one coffee rinse... I run out of it :(

The result? Seems like I gained another centimeter but since my hair texture it's way different than week 1, maybe it was last week gain. Updated my signature already.

Hope this week get back to normal. I need to adjust my schedule.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/nWYFRaQ5Q51sJLhU8H9osGxiNXGHZzN4COeol-JoYDEa5VaPfhtvUDIH0KAopO374jl3-KHV9RIxsfO_GqGVnuu5_ETHIgTGRN_oJo5OIQU-tgEA8XTBra3ZHK5F48tHJnVtB57T7kV85th09fe6AK2Wb2JdlK 6e3hkW_UI0fnlaP0HIrUJiZkPPvuqgm5uD44Y3-LcafmCgk0QvdDU78Xarg-XEnFyEGYa5Je_sxEpOe1AC47Pp2Biz1pg6PlxwE61mXaXwxxoD ycwCe0ny8GtsHL-jxb34yVjr3KV363JpVdwxKqhU003sgLJrYi26jO_m-gx0T-rRGjCEkDF2zL9fcVQnbQujHhxw7YfrMORe3cYSW3-4Kh_im9Hc-eTLeaU0GqIkogo2akLg3gZhMIGt0tXNM9smq57VAMkwlu8aHNJ wdr_f2P8KAk-AJssH0I37BH63DY1znmm2k9X6uN-78iU-TIwiMR1kIP06yDpRrTS27ovgIbKypDjHgn4tSp0Z14OYEcZI6Y YfFiQA7PTblUgfocfMoAe-swV7Dk7FJptXsfh4TevndOm1VLXovDc-zN0d5E61rUi2Xv1XPf4_2jzsk6loE_eb7ZL-8GkjJpuGrPkP=w689-h794-no

May I ask....does a coffee rinse make your hair grow?

PennyQuin
January 22nd, 2017, 08:41 PM
It does if you do it often, but is not that effective as the inversion method. That at least for me, Dark40

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2017, 08:52 PM
Best of luck to you! I like to do length projections as well. Take care of your body, let your hair do its thing, and you'll be there before you know it! The recipe is always patience :flowers:

Dark40
January 22nd, 2017, 09:30 PM
Ok, thanks PennyQuin! Can you please explain to me what is the inversion method? I've been reading a lot about that on this forum. How is it done?

lapushka
January 23rd, 2017, 12:58 AM
Ok, thanks PennyQuin! Can you please explain to me what is the inversion method? I've been reading a lot about that on this forum. How is it done?

I think there's even a whole thread on this... let me find it for you! Nope, nope, can't find it... hmm I thought there was a thread on it. I can find a whole bunch of threads but just not one specific one.

likelikepenny
January 23rd, 2017, 06:27 AM
Heres the thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121008

Dark40
January 23rd, 2017, 08:33 PM
I think there's even a whole thread on this... let me find it for you! Nope, nope, can't find it... hmm I thought there was a thread on it. I can find a whole bunch of threads but just not one specific one.

Ok, yeah I thought that there was a thread on here too about the inversion method. Thank you for trying to find it for me!

Dark40
January 23rd, 2017, 08:35 PM
Heres the thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121008

Oh, thank you for the thread! Now, I see how it's done. I used to do that many years ago. I never knew that it was called, "The inversion method," though.

PennyQuin
January 24th, 2017, 07:33 PM
Best of luck to you! I like to do length projections as well. Take care of your body, let your hair do its thing, and you'll be there before you know it! The recipe is always patience :flowers:

Thank you very much for your wishes lapis_lazuli! Your right! Patience is the key.

Oh, thank you for the thread! Now, I see how it's done. I used to do that many years ago. I never knew that it was called, "The inversion method," though.

It has many many names Dark40! The best thing about it is that you can use it with or without oils

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Thank you very much for your wishes lapis_lazuli! Your right! Patience is the key.

It has many many names Dark40! The best thing about it is that you can use it with or without oils

Yes, that is very true. I haven't given my scalp a good scalp massage in ages.

PennyQuin
January 25th, 2017, 08:13 PM
WEEK 3 Recap:

This week was pretty a nightmare. I don't have time for anything, and of course, lots of work and no money :cool:

This week I remain in the same length (I don't even remember were my notes are!), and I couldn't make any coffee rinse this time. I tried washing my hair with half the yucca root powder I was using and no Baking soda. My hair it's looking really nice with this, but I think I need to use the same amount of yucca that I used last week.

I'm using protective styles every time, combing and brushing my hair twice a day. I haven't loss much hair, and that's really good.
I will really try harder next week.

Here is the pic for the week 3. I'm already in week 4 but I being late in everything....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/eIa5drOQf9lYjNCczQtSGy16q1_PjfW-z2vabgi9HU-sQMndVTuKNJ_3xplqkTm9iUUQPMgxX1Ydpaa4LSRPVZssfnuer Z7wf64X3LD_W5qmxDOEiIdLjrbvWg893xsBNFijckNdfPvy1aa dwnyK1Jq5RPJ0jXrvrRBVyzbucWTNigcUZ6ffYNAlivJnmjijR 86R-osAOokdQtn1xmAQhodDnk-eTMpShW96qppWRzFj1sS5t41CBweSe18NAZxEyuKA2knt2Gd50 8kx2CWgCp6twT0yVLDZv455BxVYOtvMkARBCDZcs_CcvMOEEKx upfxNRGWeF4YfkjcYsu8k3xSnaSiphy_MHe4-MHRJTvvbS3ONLW5G1mWmob9XBM3XBl1yDIDVHn9J4zJFsym2bn GoqZLZgG7PZCuCuerO-kBMU9rzIJmgwe41Tf4H6DEqUF36vuHWvgJPsBPTZLIBvi9NeeT JY-rNgQ4i6bdXF072ObWItyz-RHAp6YdBH8eOo4mYdQEq-2tVK-h7vbswRANd8uuRoPWcIK5h--FkqDAmeZfdxvHjpTCrMHvAhniquaaY3COGvRUl3G81Wv2NuLeS iG9nhutl2eQr4wQ7587dwUCT9fj-=w518-h691-no

Dark40
January 25th, 2017, 08:31 PM
Wow! Your hair does look really nice! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about more work and no money. I hate that too! Hey, PennyQuin, I need to ask you a question about your hair color? Is that black color your natural, henna, or dyed hair color? Because, if it is it is gorgeous!!! I love dark hair! I'm a natural brunette, and I've dyed my hair black but now I'm trying to dye it red...lol

Kat-Rinnè Naido
January 28th, 2017, 10:20 AM
So sorry for the late reply.
Good luck on your hair growing journey for this year :blossom:

zashin66
January 30th, 2017, 12:23 AM
Thank you very much for all your support zashin66. I'm sure you're taller than me! I'm 151 CM, or almost 5'. I really hope you can reach your goal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I will make it so I'm gonna go for classic by year end. I seem to have hit a growing wall. My hair is heavy and I have been wearing long braids but I think it is causing the ends to break off a bit. So I don't have much net growth right now. I'm trying out this pair of sandalwood swan hair sticks I got to see if I'm happy with that for an old stand by hair up do. Btw I'm 68" tall (172 cm).My hair will need to be about 43" long. It's at 39" right now.

MidnightMoon
January 30th, 2017, 04:34 AM
I can't see the pic :(

PennyQuin
February 4th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Wow! Your hair does look really nice! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about more work and no money. I hate that too! Hey, PennyQuin, I need to ask you a question about your hair color? Is that black color your natural, henna, or dyed hair color? Because, if it is it is gorgeous!!! I love dark hair! I'm a natural brunette, and I've dyed my hair black but now I'm trying to dye it red...lol

Hi Dark40. Thank you so much for being around! And sorry for the late reply.
Yes, this black color is my natural hair color. It's naturally more black, but since everything I do is by walking and using public transportation, and the hot weather of my country, my hair has turned I little bit brown... yes, I would call it fried, but I really don't wish that :( .

I wish really to use henna since I promised myself I wouldn't use dyes and those thing in my hair anymore since 2011, but unfortunately there is not such a thing here...
well... even shampoo it's difficult to buy here. I'm actually looking for other alternatives for darkening my hair. But has been difficult :(

So sorry for the late reply.
Good luck on your hair growing journey for this year :blossom:

Thank you very much Kat-Rinnè Naido! Such a sweet girl!

I don't think I will make it so I'm gonna go for classic by year end. I seem to have hit a growing wall. My hair is heavy and I have been wearing long braids but I think it is causing the ends to break off a bit. So I don't have much net growth right now. I'm trying out this pair of sandalwood swan hair sticks I got to see if I'm happy with that for an old stand by hair up do. Btw I'm 68" tall (172 cm).My hair will need to be about 43" long. It's at 39" right now.

Thanks for passing by zashin66!. You know, that growing wall is what I'm trying to break right know, since I think I hit it too, last year. And wow... you are really really tall and such a beauty long hair. That's the good thing about being short! Goals can be reached faster, but in the bad side, If you see my hair from the back is like I don't really have long hair.

I can't see the pic :(
Hello MidnightMoon. You mean any picture? I can see them all. Are you using internet explorer?

PennyQuin
February 4th, 2017, 07:46 PM
WEEK 4 Recap:
I'm alive?... I'm alive!! I having the toughest days of my life. This time, I'm really late for the updates. I'm having a hard time in work and there is almost not time for me.
In addition to that, I'm sharing my room now. I never thought that would be so time consuming. Cooking, washing, eating, cleaning, organizing, working... I don't even use my smartphone anymore.

Last week went well with my hair. But I'm not having time for taking the proper care it deserves. I'm missing the deep conditioning since it's time consuming when I have to wash it. And only made 2 coffee rinses, that seems doesn't work well for me... and it's a mess.

I'm lacking good sleep and my hair today is a little bit in the dry side. But I'm eating pretty well, but not enough food... but that's a different history related to the country I'm living.

The measuring? Same as week 3, but it growing. “I'm not making the official I gained a CM!” until that bit of hair reaches past 76 CM.
Measuring was difficult since my hair was drier and wavier than never. In the picture you can even see that my hair looks like shrinked. Oh well.

Since Week 5 it's already ending, I will be updating soon. This time... I need to make some sacrifices in my schedule.

And like January already died... I'm taking soon a picture with my hair fully stretched! Or I hope.
This is my update picture

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/kW0RoRYARjf9IJZ_BowgHX-_LMMfWk6aSf5Cck-lp_XVhA0_r6FJrXrP4Q_Xfd2RO5CrtzxNIhjSkrkxvLvN4bBdn 7WaFtGFvO3dYz3OypdEFU7RTYlS8qBGIpk2uNTzIpSogdM_CHM VO3YJhEQ6XtfsT0wDaN55roxVf_li4yidhT8lxyzVF5uhsO9Fr 9vDyz7clwJtQLgSSKPmrA6AI0MQ1-J6NRQL9dhekEzlnvEC3ULzbOCb_zml_a-R48knNnenLoMzfP2ukV-MCq4P6Wd5xHmuTD37puL5MKbx9gWi0a0B3prqygm5C-0PrUAWhUjKIcAxc5ETo0l9K5llTY1dey-8VOZGsZOf7L2Z6XRK_ualhfjIDXwE41efkAtIqFW7mVhC2yXJX aOWBxZN2zhSTfCXzSCNN_1oPJKs_J-SpjeRRRVNTk-E2ZWqfxruX5PKWg7uccKQ-o1nG76xdBlu1EGPn4qyF-eCqJUcre1kHCz5jcpwF2aNgCusj-JkGmUU-L77bGOLk98vcB8Bm24lVq-6la31Bo9Z3GH6bHArjwyif9vhR97qNepGDNRaaEztSjrHAq3hK r5KcpgoVeY1mzno9z4Tmz4tgzXPulWzLobLxRBa=w518-h691-no

lapis_lazuli
February 4th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Lovely! I get those waves in my hair too :) Keep up the great work and do your best to self care :cheer:

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Yes, this black color is my natural hair color. It's naturally more black, but since everything I do is by walking and using public transportation, and the hot weather of my country, my hair has turned I little bit brown... yes, I would call it fried, but I really don't wish that :( .

I wish really to use henna since I promised myself I wouldn't use dyes and those thing in my hair anymore since 2011, but unfortunately there is not such a thing here...
well... even shampoo it's difficult to buy here. I'm actually looking for other alternatives for darkening my hair. But has been difficult :(

Thanks for passing by zashin66!. You know, that growing wall is what I'm trying to break right know, since I think I hit it too, last year. And wow... you are really really tall and such a beauty long hair. That's the good thing about being short! Goals can be reached faster, but in the bad side, If you see my hair from the back is like I don't really have long hair.

Hello MidnightMoon. You mean any picture? I can see them all. Are you using internet explorer?

HiPennyQuinnOh, you are quite welcome for me being around! I am delighted to be here on your thread reading all of your posts!!!! I thought that the black hair color is your natural hair color. I was dyeing my hair a natural black with box dye but now I'm trying to dye it red. Now, don't get me wrong......I do love black hair color. Because, my natural hair color is also close to being black. It's a rather dark-brown, and I know all about how natural dark hair can change or lighten up in the sunlight. Your black hair is gorgeous in your photos under the sunlight!!!

Awwww, I'm so sorry that it's hard for you to buy shampoo in your country. I bet you have to specially order it, huh? What kind of shampoo and conditioner do you use? I really wish that you can see my hair product stash in my room under my bed. I have about 5 or 6 boxes of different hair products that I've tried on my hair!!!!

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 08:42 PM

PennyQuinn,Really??? In your country there is no such thing as hair dyed??? That's weird!!!!

Dark40
February 4th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that PennyQuinn you didn't have a chance to even deep condition your hair. When you do what kind of deep conditioner do you use?

lapushka
February 5th, 2017, 09:17 AM

I can't see a picture either.

PennyQuin
February 8th, 2017, 04:57 PM
PennyQuinn,Really??? In your country there is no such thing as hair dyed??? That's weird!!!!

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that PennyQuinn you didn't have a chance to even deep condition your hair. When you do what kind of deep conditioner do you use?

Hello Dark40 yeah. There is a big economic crisis right now. And I use melted Cocoa butter for deep condition.

Lovely! I get those waves in my hair too :) Keep up the great work and do your best to self care :cheer:

Thank you very much lapis_lazuli

I can't see a picture either.

Hello lapushka. I wonder, may it be related to the picture sizes? Mmmmm

Dark40
February 8th, 2017, 09:29 PM
Hello Dark40 yeah. There is a big economic crisis right now. And I use melted Cocoa butter for deep condition.

Thank you very much lapis_lazuli

Hello lapushka. I wonder, may it be related to the picture sizes? Mmmmm

Hiya PennyQuinn, Oh wow, yeah, I bet you are going through an economic crisis to the point of using Cocoa butter for deep conditioning. I know that is usually good for both hair and skin. I haven't used Cocoa butter on my skin for many years. Ever since I was a kid.

PennyQuin
February 12th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Hiya PennyQuinn, Oh wow, yeah, I bet you are going through an economic crisis to the point of using Cocoa butter for deep conditioning. I know that is usually good for both hair and skin. I haven't used Cocoa butter on my skin for many years. Ever since I was a kid.

Actually Dark40, it work really well for me, the only problem is when I have to wash it. But I can't say the same with my skins... My skin hates cocoa butter for some reason!

PennyQuin
February 12th, 2017, 02:22 PM
WEEK 5 Recap:

This week could't didn't much but I finally got doing the cocoa butter deep condition. Since I have to work some extra hours in a project, could't do anything related to the hair journey and Youtube channel. I have a lot of things to do this week (Already ending Week 6 of the year and got to post some summaries in here so here we go). Week 5 was my first week off.

JANUARY SUMMARY

This year I started with lots of determination about my journey and planned everything beforehand related to it, in 2016.
I'm glad I did, since suddenly I didn't expect such a dramatic change in my life this year. No time for planning anything, and now there is barely no time for me anymore.
I took week 5 free, which was included in January schedule, so there is no measuring in this week.

This year I started with the inversion method, since it always works for me. This month, and because of it, I gain exactly 2 CM (0.78 Inch) of hair growth overall. Starting at 74 CM (29.13 Inch) and ending in 76 CM (29.92 Inch).

- Did few Coffee Rinse: Too much work and hair growth seems like didn't improve because of it. Maybe I have to make more rinses.

- Did Cocoa butter deep conditioning: Only thing I have to condition for the moment (I'm running out of coconut oil and there is almost any option in my country, for the moment). Always works wonders, but takes lot of time to wash it out with natural cleansing.
This is the before and after, from December last year, until last week.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/uIudWuKySdEOlUF946vMDKObqFBm2xjr4YOdcWXI-G2l8HeSHFtxaK58p0cHieqKy6YLkxgEcvvvOih3cBJliBWNbuK MKxF-ZSFR-5U3F9dbYAwRR5EwBYJzh-9_P-DXG-EhgEz9-_OuIKH_nmPBqJoqLZk5vuxTWfyf8qXajiFpD-uaVYgNZ3WipyPb2yZXM1-KIsMgl2L6oiiH3H58nebxtR3bQaKYJ4NUY0kVR3hu4DVv-GCsG3_3U9X2VssivCcNpkdIOuE32zVZXpbfge_Pf7Xzk1cI3zg 5B-qvjcmA6pC6aK6vIGsXgOp4YxuqLVHNbUX2xFUhQNXgd-UIWF_DQGC0Bk4TROTE_dPPwySjOQRqEzASpowy1p6eCgHWUYh7 VCk5_a8MoXdpMvtwVUyjhqoylUF6Jcl4PtJ3oJhhTQCBeTD71z Ki6FaJbRnbEXhTeAah9-ngsJTVAVbvQ7Qt22Vdnp0MLN1fBkNvVZwYkGPwyXoS1xjk7IR2 iyjHP0SzDLhJc2WgpgSasbHkjDZR4bx7Nj8h--c_bjzHhUxIEmO3eUwW3wZOBgAr1pDkeqxZPixeiIq1WGA5RNCX POyHZ3Q9oRpLEFyY7I7LXoHwom4aS4OslhmqtmzKhdxGrUrXGb R4-w0TnR_ggcSQ1Cns92Io6fj4_hNp9zmfCQ=w1253-h794-no

Dark40
February 16th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Actually Dark40, it work really well for me, the only problem is when I have to wash it. But I can't say the same with my skins... My skin hates cocoa butter for some reason!

I bet it didPennyQuin! Awwwww, that's a total shame that your skin hates cocoa butter. My mom used to use cocoa butter on my soars an bites as a kid, and the smell is just awesome!!!!! Smelling like, "chocolate."...lol I bet it is an excellent moisturizer for both the skin and hair!!!!

Dark40
February 16th, 2017, 08:55 PM
PennyQuin, I think you've done a great job in taking good care of your hair this year so far!!! I've noticed you have gained some new growth within those 6 weeks of the year!!! Congrats!!! Your hair is always amazingly gorgeous!!!! I love it's natural shine and color!!!!

Totohoy
April 14th, 2017, 04:46 AM
Look at your hair! It's gorgeous. Is the thread still active? I'd love to see more updates :-)

The one thing that is bothering me is that your 30" hair is HL, while my 31" hair is one inch short of WL...

Dark40
April 20th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Look at your hair! It's gorgeous. Is the thread still active? I'd love to see more updates :-)

The one thing that is bothering me is that your 30" hair is HL, while my 31" hair is one inch short of WL...

Well, it depends on your height. How tall are you?

likelikepenny
April 21st, 2017, 06:35 AM
Well, it depends on your height. How tall are you?

It also depends on your proportions. Long torso or short torso, long legs or short legs.

Dark40
April 21st, 2017, 02:42 PM
It also depends on your proportions. Long torso or short torso, long legs or short legs.
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. ;) I forgot about that.