PDA

View Full Version : Olaplex and henna?

deltadeliquent
January 3rd, 2017, 11:07 AM
Considering that henna requires at least an hour on your head to dye, and that many keep Olaplex on their heads for up to an hour, or even overnight......
Has anyone tried adding Olaplex to the henna mixture whilst dyeing?
When bleaching they say to add 1/16 of an ounce (no.1) to the bleach.
Im thinking of doing that whilst henna- ing.
any ideas, or comments?

reilly0167
January 3rd, 2017, 11:14 AM
I don't know much of olaplex other than minimizing the damaging effects if bleach on hair. Henna is natural and does not damage hair. It add color and strengthen hair so I don't see the need for olaplex being added to henna.

lapushka
January 3rd, 2017, 01:56 PM
For me, I would have considered adding Olaplex to henna, but then henna did as much bad things to my hair as bleach did (I got the same feel to my hair and it wasn't nourishing and strengthening for me at all).

If henna doesn't have that effect on your hair, then I see no reason to add it to the mix.

Nique1202
January 3rd, 2017, 04:46 PM
For me, I would have considered adding Olaplex to henna, but then henna did as much bad things to my hair as bleach did (I got the same feel to my hair and it wasn't nourishing and strengthening for me at all).

If henna doesn't have that effect on your hair, then I see no reason to add it to the mix.

Even if it did, henna works in an entirely different way than bleach. Bleach destroys the bonds between the protein molecules in the hair, whereas henna adds a coating to the hair as it deposits the pigment but it doesn't cause damage on its own. Olaplex might be helpful as a treatment but using it with henna the way you would with bleach doesn't make sense because henna works in the entirely opposite way.