PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a cut

CurlyOne
October 22nd, 2008, 10:08 AM
:( I miss my curl definition! My hair has gotten so long that I am losing the curls, the weight is dragging them down. I like the length it is now and I don't want to take too much off but I miss the curls. I don't think I would take off more than a few inches but I don't know if I really want to. How can I get the curls to come back?:confused:

Isilme
October 22nd, 2008, 10:14 AM
is your hair really moisturized? Do anything you thibk ca help, get a tiny trim maybe? Layers is also an idea.

lora410
October 22nd, 2008, 10:17 AM
Layers will make your hair curlier. That is the one reason I avoid getting my dd5 hair layered.

CurlyOne
October 22nd, 2008, 10:26 AM
I don't really like layers too much. Are there any long haired curlies here who kept their bounce?

Darkhorse1
October 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
I'm noticing as my hair is getting longer, the wave is getting pulled out. However, if I get a tiny trim, I notice I get my bounce back. I don't have curls per say, but I do have natural body in my hair. Hope that helps :)

Islandgrrl
October 22nd, 2008, 10:59 AM
What about some AVG and plopping?

I don't know much about curly hair, since mine isn't, but it seems like it might work. In theory, anyway.

CurlyOne
October 22nd, 2008, 12:01 PM
I have been plopping and it does help I think but I lose all my definition after it dries. What is AVG?

suicides_eve
October 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
'fraide to say layers was the only thing that helped my hair when it was bsl. I asked for long layers at the ends and it helped me.
even with barley there apl when my hair was blunt it lost it's shape til i had light layers put in.
Luckly i have found a hair dresser who actually listens to me.

xrosiex
October 22nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
AVG is aloe vera gel. And maybe that would help. I'm not to sure my hair is wavy not really curly. Hope you find something without having to cut.:)

jojo
October 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Look up girlcat she has boingy curls, not sure if she CO washes or not but a lot report greater curls after using this method, myself included.

longhairedfairy
October 22nd, 2008, 09:52 PM
Could you angle it only in the front? One of my friends had hers cut that way, although she had fairly straight hair. Her hair was close to waist-length and I thought it looked good. I just thought that this might take some of the weight off the curls in the front.

Shanarana
October 23rd, 2008, 06:12 AM
When I really want my curls to be enhanced I will use some product like AVG and use a diffuser (no stones please) on cool setting. I don't do that all the time, just once in a while.