PDA

View Full Version : Who is looking to gain some length in '17?

Xan
January 2nd, 2017, 01:55 AM
I am at tailbone and pushing the envelope to classic or beyond. And I thought waist was all I wanted. Haha

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2017, 02:02 AM
MEEEE! Hahahaha! :D

Winter Fox
January 2nd, 2017, 02:22 AM
Me too Xan! I'm at tailbone and really want to go to classic or even classic+ this year! :D

Hypnotica
January 2nd, 2017, 03:13 AM
I'm wondering if I'm going to get to floor this year but it seems that I may be close to terminal, haven't seen much growth this past year.

Lanalavallama
January 2nd, 2017, 03:32 AM
Mememememe!!! Did I say me?

Gothic
January 2nd, 2017, 03:42 AM
Meeee, but I'm afraid that growing out the damage is gonna take more than a year :(

Xan
January 2nd, 2017, 04:09 AM
I'm wondering if I'm going to get to floor this year but it seems that I may be close to terminal, haven't seen much growth this past year.

Floor sounds like fun. Keep trying. Such inspiration for us.

Nique1202
January 2nd, 2017, 05:18 AM
I definitely want to gain some length this year! I'm only about 5 inches away from classic as well, and my first big dream when I joined the LHC was to reach classic before my 30th birthday (which is 11 months away now). Mind, I might just chop a couple of inches back off again once I get there to deal with my layers, but it's the principle of the thing. :whistle:

Mimha
January 2nd, 2017, 05:40 AM
Considering that I'm heading to TBL (as a first sub-goal), I suppose I should join as well !
My first next step will be... ahem... you know : where the back is loosing its name.^^

lapushka
January 2nd, 2017, 05:41 AM
Yep, going from hip back on the yo-yo to classic. At least TBL, I should be able to reach this year. :)

TatsuOni
January 2nd, 2017, 06:21 AM
Me! :) I might not reach TBL but at least I should reach BCL. I still have a long way to my goal, but I'm hoping to be a lot closer at the end of this year :)

Alissalocks
January 2nd, 2017, 08:13 AM
Yaaaaaas queeeen!!!! I can't believe I'm gonna be waist this summer. It hasn't been that long in 15 years! :cheer: 2017, we salute you!

Of the Fae
January 2nd, 2017, 08:14 AM
:D Yes! Me too!
I am at waist. This used to be my goal length back when I joined but I decided a long time ago that I want to aim at Classic or beyond!
I hope to reach tailbone by the end of this year <3

momschicklets
January 2nd, 2017, 08:21 AM
Definitely! I have reached waist which was my initial goal, but I've decided to grow until hip and then quit....It's just a few more inches!

truepeacenik
January 2nd, 2017, 09:10 AM

Remember all growth stalls. I know a couple members who gave up and get growth spurts.

This year, just want to catch up with you. ;)
I'm just about knee; so close, yet so far; and my next marker after that would be wider parts of my gastrocs.

Ophidian
January 2nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Meeeee!!! Assuming somewhere around an average growth rate, that puts me at 25-ish inches by the end of 2017 which is a little above BSL. Happy 2017 everyone!

hanne jensen
January 2nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
I'm trying for BCL this year. I'm almost at hip. It's not that far on me, only about 8 cm. I have a weird shape.

Nymphe
January 2nd, 2017, 12:05 PM
Me! I hope my longest layer reaches BSL stretched at the end of this year.

missrandie
January 2nd, 2017, 12:43 PM
Me! Here's hoping for hip and planning on waist.

Kiiruna
January 2nd, 2017, 12:47 PM
I'm going to concentrate more on growth and less on trimming, so I expect to see quite nice growth :)

summergame
January 2nd, 2017, 01:08 PM
Me! I hope that I could reach BSL this year! I can't say if it is gonna happen because my hair grows very slowly!

hayheadsbird
January 2nd, 2017, 02:04 PM
I should reach waist by mid summer, and hip before my birthday. That will put me solid at hip by the end of the year. No trims and just occasional s&d. I'm pretty close to the longest my hair has ever been, so getting to waist will put me into totally uncharted territory 😀

Suze
January 2nd, 2017, 02:26 PM
Me, me, me! I am BSL now and I'll take any growth I can get!

maborosi
January 2nd, 2017, 03:07 PM
I'll probably be around mid-thigh length by the end of the year, if my calculations are correct

Greenfire
January 2nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
I'm definitely going for length this year, and have put my scissors away so that I can get some!

Dark40
January 2nd, 2017, 08:19 PM
Yep, I'm at BSL now, and hoping to be reaching hip length at the end of 17.

Jo Ann
January 2nd, 2017, 09:18 PM
*clears throat*

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Looking to go from waist to BCL (by September would be nice...definitely by December :) )

Asmaa Emad
January 2nd, 2017, 11:23 PM
I'm at tailbone length and want to Grow more

pastina
January 2nd, 2017, 11:33 PM
I'm looking to grow. I went for a trim a few months ago and got a CHOP, so I'm at least looking to return to where I was.

Soj
January 3rd, 2017, 12:19 AM
I'm looking to grow. I went for a trim a few months ago and got a CHOP, so I'm at least looking to return to where I was.

SEE? SEE? SEEEEEE? SEE why I haven't set foot in a salon in almost 30 years? I went from nearly waist-length hair to barely below my ears in only 4 appointments, each and EVERY one of which I told NOT SO MUCH AS A TRIM. They would nod as if in agreement then ALWAYS ALWAYS grab a hank of hair and lop it off so that I HAD to let them "even it up" - and up and up and up until it was above my shoulders.

HATUMS the choppers!

Boadicea
January 3rd, 2017, 02:23 AM
Happy 2017 everyone! I'm in too. I have been TBL for two months now and microtrimming to even out my layers. But I'm hoping to reach Classic by the end of the year. (Perhaps I need to work out for a bit of a butlift, so I get there sooner :grnbiggri:)

Crystawni
January 3rd, 2017, 02:36 AM
This year I'm heading to where the sun don't shine, and beyond! Onwards and downwards--yes'm please!

Alexe
January 3rd, 2017, 02:51 AM
I also look foreward on gaining a good amount of hair on my head. I think I will aim to hip/waist at the end of 2017, now I am at BSL.

Rapunzel_to_be
January 3rd, 2017, 04:51 AM
Meeeee!!! I just cut off most of my length, and Im currently at APL, I'm hoping to grow out as much as possible this year!! I really miss my long hair, but I'm looking forward to regain the length with no damage!! :D

moon_witch
January 3rd, 2017, 06:01 AM
Me too! I don't know if I will reach tbl this year but it is my goal for now. If I wouldn't trim it would definitely grow that long,probably even 1-2 inches longer but I'm gonna micro trim monthly to even out my hemline so I don't know if I'll make it. Either way, I'm looking forward to gaining some length. :)

Rury-chan
January 3rd, 2017, 06:15 AM
Me too. I hope to reach hip lenght at the end of the year :D

yamsha23
January 3rd, 2017, 12:55 PM
This year I'm heading to where the sun don't shine, and beyond! Onwards and downwards--yes'm please!
I love that :D

yamsha23
January 3rd, 2017, 12:58 PM
I'm definitely looking to gain a lot of length this year, and I did not know to which thread subscribe: "hip by Christmas 2017" or "TBL by Christmas 2017". It seems like I'll be between hip and TBL, so I subscribed to the first thread, at least, I may have a good surprise..

browneyedsusan
January 3rd, 2017, 01:10 PM
I hope to gain a little.

Been maintaining at hip since June '16, to thicken up the hemline. It's still not where I want it, and the regular S & D missions are probably slowing me down some.

I'm looking to bun it more frequently, hopefully keep the ends nicer. :)

Kwantslonghair
January 3rd, 2017, 01:20 PM
Me. I am right at hip. My BCL is not much farther. I plan on doing micro trims to help thicken up damaged ends and hopefully be solid tailbone by next year, with a nice hem

Fru fru
January 3rd, 2017, 01:26 PM
I am almost at classic and would love to be finger tip length by the end of this year:)

dvep
January 3rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Meeee! I'm floating around WL right now and am aiming for HBL by the end of the year...or longer, y'know, I wouldn't complain. ;);)

Rebeccalaurenxx
January 3rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
I'd like to visually hit BSL! THATS IT!! Is that too much to ask for?

H o n є y ❤
January 3rd, 2017, 05:50 PM
I plan on reaching shoulder this year.

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Yaaaaaas queeeen!!!! I can't believe I'm gonna be waist this summer. It hasn't been that long in 15 years! :cheer: 2017, we salute you!

Cograts! I should be waist length this coming March of this year too! The longest my hair has ever been was MBL in my whole life, and that's what I'm shooting for before March.

curlysamantha
January 7th, 2017, 06:30 PM
Me! I took 4 inches off my hair back in August (bringing it to shoulder length while dry, barely armpit length while wet/straight). I'm hoping to keep it healthy enough to get to waist length.

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 06:33 PM
SEE? SEE? SEEEEEE? SEE why I haven't set foot in a salon in almost 30 years? I went from nearly waist-length hair to barely below my ears in only 4 appointments, each and EVERY one of which I told NOT SO MUCH AS A TRIM. They would nod as if in agreement then ALWAYS ALWAYS grab a hank of hair and lop it off so that I HAD to let them "even it up" - and up and up and up until it was above my shoulders.

HATUMS the choppers!

Yep. yep, yep I'm with you on that note! That's why I don't visit salons either. They are always look to hack and chop off all your long beautiful hairs!!!!! That's why I cut or trim myself. I haven't had shoulder length hair ever since 2010 when I first joined LHC!!! And, I have really learned a lot since I've been a member! Well, there were some things I had already known to do. But I have learned a lot about more new things since I've joined.

CindyOfTheOaks
January 7th, 2017, 06:45 PM
Meeeeeeeeeeee !

I am just a thumb hold at hip right now :lol:

Epie
January 7th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Me! My hair has never gone past my shoulders and by the time I graduate from my graduate program (December 2018), I want my hair to at least be a bit past my shoulders. Right now with my waves and layers it sits right at the bar of my throat.

zashin66
January 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
:happydance:me me me:happydance:

pili
January 7th, 2017, 09:23 PM
ME! I'll be the longest I've been in six years by this summer, and I'm hoping to reach BSL curly by the end of the year.

sillyca
January 7th, 2017, 09:52 PM
After having tailbone length for a number of years I rashly cut it in the 31st. I was trying to prove a point to my daughter that our relationship was worth more than fighting over her hair care. She is 9 now. And there is a bad cycle, no matter how detangler brush works or spray. She can't thoroughly do it herself and shreiks at me when I mention if she doesn't want me helping her, she should keep it short until she can and is able to work it until she gets all tangles. Anyway. I told her I love her more,she has always wanted long hair like mine. I knew I was going to not like Having it short again. But at least I can get it twisted up and back. I have come back to LHC for support. Hello!

sillyca
January 7th, 2017, 10:12 PM
See above for post as I got unsure with phone if it had taken but did then doubled.

pili
January 7th, 2017, 10:40 PM
After having tailbone length for a number of years I rashly cut it in the 31st. I was trying to prove a point to my daughter that our relationship was worth more than fighting over her hair care. She is 9 now. And there is a bad cycle, no matter how detangler brush works or spray. She can't thoroughly do it herself and shreiks at me when I mention if she doesn't want me helping her, she should keep it short until she can and is able to work it until she gets all tangles. Anyway. I told her I love her more,she has always wanted long hair like mine. I knew I was going to not like Having it short again. But at least I can get it twisted up and back. I have come back to LHC for support. Hello!

Wow! Go mom. That's some love.

Maybe now she'll see what you do and follow your example. Sometimes showing goes over better than telling.

ThatOneMermaid
January 7th, 2017, 11:17 PM
Me! I'm at bcl now and I'd really like to get to classic by Christmas or so... Or even just above classic if I account for a 1-2 inch trim sometime in there. Oh, if only my hair grew an inch a week, I'd be unexplainably happy! XD

ThatOneMermaid
January 7th, 2017, 11:33 PM
I don't know how to edit my post since I'm on mobile but I thought it'd be nice to add that my ultimate goal at this point is terminal length. When I first joined this site a few years ago and began consciously growing my hair out from waist length, I think my initial goal was just hip length. Then my goal became classic length for a hot second. Then it changed to knee length. Unfortunately, I'm not too sure I'll still have a relatively healthy-looking head of hair at that length with my texture but I could never know unless I tried growing it to that length, right? These days, my goal shifts between tbl/classic and terminal... Hopefully, terminal is longer than classic XD

Reyn127
January 8th, 2017, 12:18 AM
I sure am looking to gain some length this year! Over last summer, right around the time I discovered LHC, I realized that I wasn't really treating my hair quite right. But now that I've given up brushing my hair for combing, and joined the no-trim 2017 challenge (the whole year one), I'm pretty hopeful. I'm not quite sure what my yearly growth rate is exactly, but I'm fairly sure it's at least 5-6 inches per year, maybe even 7... It's hard to tell, with how much I was just trimming off before. But I'm almost at hip right now, maybe 1-2 inches away, and I *think* I might reach tailbone in a year or so?? And that's very exciting.

Katrina
January 8th, 2017, 11:34 AM
Me! Hopefully at knee length before this year ends.

Liv
January 8th, 2017, 11:55 AM
I am. :-) I am at waist now which was my initially goal, but want to grow to hip by the end of 2017. Have some damage to cut off, but if I am careful and donīt cut to much it should be possible to grow to hip. I always cut my hair myself, best way to control the length that gets snipped off. :-)