PDA

View Full Version : We henna'd

BrianaFineHair
March 21st, 2008, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm done with my daughter and it turned out really pretty. I used Rainbow light persian brown. Her natural color is light brown. I think she's got blonde undertones. She was a blonde baby. Her hair now is a tad darker but with what looks like light auburn or dark strawberry blonde highlights. It's hard to explain but it's nice and she really likes it. Her hair has NEVER been so soft and shiney as it is now. It's a success.

I am presently sitting cellophaned and wrapped up. I used medium brown. Earlier when we did a strand test, my silvers turned light brown, maybe a tad reddish brown.

My husband helped all that he was able. He's sort of a goof ball when it comes to things like this. He's a retired Marine and "girl hair stuff is not easy for him to help with". He did fine! :cheese:All I needed for him to do was be an extra set of eye.

Ok, I'm just waiting for my wash out. Speaking of which, boy is that messy!!!

Nat242
March 21st, 2008, 06:55 PM
Well, of course you know what I'm going to ask...

Pictures????

Please???

Henna is awesome! :cheese:

-- Natalie

BrianaFineHair
March 21st, 2008, 07:05 PM
I need to get pictures up at an url. We have hughe net so I need to see if we get some free space.

Let me see what I can do...:eye:

khyricat
March 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I can't wait to see both of you.. I am going to henna tomorrow.. made the gel tonight.. and the tea for my conditioning rinse (I used it up last wash) is currently simmering so I can bottle it in the AM.... henna is defrosting, and the gel is cooling to mix with it... if I didn't think DH would freak I'd be tempted ot try mixing it in the pot for once!

BrianaFineHair
March 21st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Khyricat, sounds a lot more complicated than Rainbow in a jar! As a newbi, I needed the easiest henna possible. I WILL do a cassia next for my daugther and I don't know what I'll do next. Rainbow was a MESS. I'm intimidated with doing home made mixes and such. I don't want purple hair or orange hair.

Question, can I do any natural tea rinses on top of my henna? Black tea? That kind of thing.

I'm sorry about the poor photo quality. I found this place. Pictures are small. It took me near an hour to register and resize my pics twice before it took.

I don't know what color to describe my daughters hair. She loves it and I'm glad about that. She says she does not want to grow her hair out long. Before she got the short bob she had BSL hair. I LOVED it and begged her to reconsider, but her heart was set on it. As for mom - she's growing it out! :)

http://gatorfam.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album02

ktani
March 21st, 2008, 10:05 PM
BrianaFineHair

Well done - your hair and your daughter's looks great.

Beautiful colours - lovely shine - I am glad to read that you both are so pleased.

BrianaFineHair
March 21st, 2008, 10:18 PM
BrianaFineHair

Well done - your hair and your daughter's looks great.

Beautiful colours - lovely shine - I am glad to read that you both are so pleased.

Thank you, ktani :)

khyricat
March 21st, 2008, 10:35 PM
looks good, and yes you can do tea rinses over henna. I don't use conditioner ever, just the tea rinse leave in.. it works for me.. and really the only reason I do the gel thing is I like the consistancy better and its easier for me to stretch my henna that way... its not really that much work.. I normally mix the henna and the gelled water in a ziploc, cut the corner and apply.. I actually use just water, cornstarch and henna in my henna.. I dye release it with just enough moisture to form a thick clay, and then add the other moisture right before application so I can adjust to how wet my hair is, and how humid it is, and then I don't ever get drips.. but its all practice.. and none of it is hard.. I use 8 hours because I like the RED it makes my whites, but I have an increasing abundance of them.. and don't like the coppery look that they get with less time.. my hair is very dark naturally too..

kimki
March 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
You both look great! I love the colour and shine.

Nat242
March 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
Very well done!

mellie
March 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Looks fabulous! Great shine!

Emme76
March 26th, 2008, 01:25 AM
It looks VERY nice!Thanks for the pic!!

I also orderd some cassia and will give it a go...but will probably try the same as you when my ususal dye washes out.:)

/Emme

BrianaFineHair
March 26th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thank you, Emme76. PLEASE let me know how it all goes with the cassia, and if possible, some pictures too :) I'm very curious over how cassia does with dark hair.