PDA

View Full Version : Winter hair frizz

Azhtabak
December 31st, 2016, 04:41 PM
As a consequence of winter being now firmly upon us, while I've been able to avoid the worst of the dry hair that I usually get via keeping it up and liberal oilings, I now find myself experiencing absurd amounts of frizz compared to normal; does anyone have advice on how to deal with this? It's very frustrating, especially when I'm trying to do braids and their ilk with my clumsy oaf fingers.

Atm I'm using olive oil along with an aussie leave-in spray, for reference. (Mostly because they do "okay" with my hair and I'm always cautious about trying new things given how tempermental my hair tends to be)

Nique1202
December 31st, 2016, 05:08 PM
This year, I'm tempted to just drown my hair in baby oil after every wash and not wear it loose again until March or April, just keep it in braids and slick buns for the whole cold season. It would take care of benign neglect, out-of-sight-out-of-mind, and dryness control in one fell swoop! :laugh:

Last year, though, I got through mostly just by layering on my silicone-and-jojoba serum. One pump worked through as needed, which seemed like every other day. It didn't necessarily treat the cause but it kept the static and fluff down to a minimum, at least.

Dark40
January 7th, 2017, 08:01 PM
You can try some of John Frieda's hair products for your winter frizzies. I've heard his products work well with all year round frizzies. I always run into the frizzies all year round. I use mainly his frizz ease straightening cream, and shine serum. I also use different types of oils on my hair as well, and that minimizes the frizzies.

Shorty89
January 7th, 2017, 08:43 PM
I have a combination of frizz and flat hair due to wearing a toque a lot. I sort of give up on having my hair look good when it's this cold. It's about -28C here right now and I have to wear something on my head. It makes my baby hairs stick up and my bangs lay flat. :rolleyes:But there's not much I can do unless I want to spend a lot of time fixing my hair whenever I get into a building. I have no advice, but I totally sympathize.