PDA

View Full Version : The hair videos that give us nightmares

Mrstran
December 31st, 2016, 12:09 PM
I was wandering around on YouTube today looking for videos about treating damaged hair.
It Eventually led me to a video that, well let's just say I couldn't watch more then two minutes into it.
I thought I was going to faint! No kidding!

If if you dare
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoIQElEG9c8&sns=em
Warning: This may give you nightmares.

I was curious of your reactions when seeing others destroy their hair.
Do you not notice, or do you react as I do? Stomach in knots hoping to not lose your lunch?

Edit:

I know she was planning to cut her hair, and showing what bleach can do. I'm just asking about reactions when seeing damage. :D

Kittycatcuti
December 31st, 2016, 12:20 PM
I didn't have that reaction watching this video. She was planning on shaving her head anyway and thought what better way to show people what overprossesing your hair looks like?

Eas693
December 31st, 2016, 12:20 PM
I thought it was gross! I get that she is trying to prove a point and maybe even planned on shaving her head before hand, but why damage your scalp as well? What a high price to pay.

Kittycatcuti
December 31st, 2016, 12:24 PM
Whenever I see the videos of hairdressers cutting 10 inches of hair off a girls head with clippers I cringe. They just let all of it hit the floor. What a waste. They get satisfaction from cutting tons of hair really short for some reason. I hate watching beautiful long hair chopped off haphazardly. Although I love seeing damaged/fried/split hair cut off. I just adore long healthy hair.

littlestarface
December 31st, 2016, 12:30 PM
She looks like she's having waay too much fun tearing the hair out.

AutobotsAttack
December 31st, 2016, 12:42 PM
..... this video was actually meant to show what can happen if you over process your hair. She was going to shave it off anyways. So she thought it would be nice to help inform people. I would call that very brave and selfless honestly.

AutobotsAttack
December 31st, 2016, 12:43 PM
I thought it was gross! I get that she is trying to prove a point and maybe even planned on shaving her head before hand, but why damage your scalp as well? What a high price to pay.

I've done exactly what she's done on accident. And she's not harming her scalp at all. It literally comes out with a simple tug. You can even drag a comb through it and comes right on off.

Mrstran
December 31st, 2016, 01:16 PM
I understood she was going to cut her hair anyway. The general idea of my question was seeing hair get damaged, and your reaction. :D

I just had to edit again. Ugh! Sorry about all the edits. I've had issues with this and comprehension for the past year do to illness. I can't stand being like this. Very frustrating.

Kae612
December 31st, 2016, 01:26 PM
Definitely cringed! Couldn't watch it all, the stretchiness and breaking of the hair totally made my skin crawl. Hello Julia Kristeva's Abjection Theory at work! Thought it was a fantastic way to demonstrate her warning in a really visceral manner. Now I have to watch her head shaving video, gotta know that that awful stuff is gone! She looks super cute with the buzzed hair, but I've had buzzed hair before and I know personally it doesn't work for me. I've never bleached my hair and I guarantee I'd never do it myself - I'm stupid enough I'd probably do that to my hair, and then I would be very sad.

Jadeslonghair
December 31st, 2016, 04:38 PM
Ugh!!! >_< UGH, nightmares tonight definitely. Why did I just watch that, why ;_; X

Greenfire
December 31st, 2016, 04:58 PM
This kind of hair disaster is what brought me to this forum. So watching this video just brings back all the memories, and sadness. (mine was from a pro, so even "pros" can ruin your hair, and I did not ask to be bleached blonde, just wanted some highlighting done) I remember having some super short sections like she does at her root line, and googling everywhere on how to save my hair! I cut it from around BSL to around the same as what you see that woman in the video with. Googling saved me from shaving my hair, I was already heartbroken over losing so much, I really didn't want to lose more. (Even though I have shaved my head by choice in the past, it's NEVER a good response to trauma) So I found LHC and learned a few treatments to try to keep it from falling apart just like she shows with barely tugging. I did lose quite a bit of hair due to that anyway.

So my saving graces from here were manyfold. I did a mayo treatment that somehow made the hair stop feeling like spiderwebs and breaking as easily as they do. I learned how to crown braid, and just hid most of my hair in braids, which hid some of the bad damage, as well as growing it out. I learned to grow it out, and never to do that again if I wanted it long. If I want to change my hair colour in the future, I'll not go blonde unless I just wear a wig.

So my experience was heartbreaking. Seeing that she did this on purpose to show people, both makes me cringe due to my experience with it, and makes me so ever grateful if she saves anyone from doing this to their hair! So I'm sad, but hopeful too if that makes sense? It also makes me happy that I got through it, and found this place!

Frankenstein
December 31st, 2016, 05:51 PM
As bad as it is, I found it kind of... satisfying? to see her pulling that hair out... like I wanted to reach through the screen and do it too :p But I'd never do that to my own hair.

Obsidian
December 31st, 2016, 08:12 PM
I thought that was a very neat video. It looked like cotton candy when you pull it apart.

Personally, I rarely cringe when I see hair disasters, I'm more likely to laugh. That might not be very nice of me but most of the time, the fail could have been prevented with a little research first. Hard to feel sorry for someone who is being idiotic.

The video of the girl losing hair in a drill while eating corn is cringe worthy. It was stupid of her but that could have turned out a lot worse then it did.

Dessi
December 31st, 2016, 10:56 PM
I've watched this video sometime before I think. Yes, it looks absolutely gross to me. One thing for sure, never have I used bleach on my hair and never will I.