PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had success with this?

hopefulred
December 31st, 2016, 06:19 AM
I know I know it takes patience to grow hair but I'm running out of it!! Has anyone tried this or know anyone who has? What was your experience with it? I'm willing to spend the money if it works but want some experience of others first
https://harmonylife.co.uk/hair-care/hairjazz-big-set

lapushka
December 31st, 2016, 06:29 AM
I know it's difficult for you as you are growing out your dye - that can be horrendous and tread on your patience levels big time. But do hang in there. There are no miracles and chances are that if you "mess" in any way with your growth, you might end up shedding more (which is worse because that means those hairs need to start over from "bald"). I don't mean to alarm you, but I've been through it many times and up and down, and honestly?

Patience is the only way.

Shelling out money for "soap bubbles" (literally and figuratively) is just... terrible.

Maybe if you are tired of the grow out, get a semi in your own color and dye it for these days, because these festive days don't do this kind of thing any good.

Nique1202
December 31st, 2016, 06:49 AM
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I haven't tried it, but looking at the ingredients and instructions, I have some thoughts:

-Skin is terrible at absorbing vitamins, it's HIGHLY unlikely that a shampoo/conditioner could do anything to increase your growth rate. Some people have seen some results with caffeine but there's nothing in the Hair Jazz that stands out at me as being helpful.
-The protein in the shampoo/conditioner can build up on the hair and cause its own set of problems if you don't use a clarifying shampoo every so often.
-Sulfate-free doesn't work for everyone. It can be as harmless as not cleansing thoroughly enough, right up through causing additional hairfall/shedding and cause your hair to thin over time if your scalp is sensitive to oiliness.
-The hair mask looks pretty standard as far as those things go, and there are ingredients there that can build up and cause problems if you use them too often. (Dimethicone stands out at me especially given that the shampoo is sulfate-free, that's a bad combination)
-There's nothing special about those vitamins, you'd get more value from a regular multivitamin if you don't think your diet is balanced enough to support your full potential hair growth.

And perhaps my biggest takeaway:

-That's a boatload of money to pay for tiny tiny bottles of shampoo/conditioner, a hair mask, and only one month's supply of a vitamin supplement that won't even tell you how much of anything is in it

Even at the "sale" price of £60, you could almost definitely find equivalents or better products for your individual needs at a regular store for half, maybe even a quarter of that price.

lapushka
December 31st, 2016, 06:56 AM
Even at the "sale" price of £60, you could almost definitely find equivalents or better products for your individual needs at a regular store for half, maybe even a quarter of that price.

Yes, for that price, like Nique said, you can buy a "regular" multivitamin. Get yourself a nice set of shampoo and conditioner, like Shea Moisture or something, and set a goal to pamper your hair, and *enjoy* the journey. That's the whole *thing*, you know. :)

TatsuOni
December 31st, 2016, 06:58 AM
I've read about maybe two people who tried it. They thought that their hair mabye grew a little faster, but it got so damaged from the products that they had to cut of way more than it had grown. This was a few years ago, but I wouldn't think that it's worth trying.

There's no miracle that can get your hair to grow super fast. Just eat and drink healthy, exercise, scalp massages and take care of your hair, so that you don't have to cut of unnecessary lenght.

I think that we've all felt the same way at some point. But the hair grows at it's own speed. When I'm feeling unpatient I just put it up and try to forget about if for a while.

Kiiruna
December 31st, 2016, 07:21 AM
As said earlier, patience is the only way. Put your hair up and try to forget it. Start a new hobby, something that doesn't include hair. Take a break from LHC. Obsessing over your hair doesn't make it grow faster, it only frustrates you more.

When I joined, I was so desperate. I wanted my hair to grow. Then a couple of months passed and I learned to relax and let my body do its job. Your hair will grow. If you can't enjoy how your hair looks, try to enjoy how it feels. Pamper it, and pamper yourself.

mizukitty
December 31st, 2016, 07:57 AM
I completely agree with Nique1202 and lapushka!

Also, here's the important part of their study - their marketing of an average 1 inch/month is nonsense. Not even sure how they're legally allowed to write that on their page.

http://i.imgur.com/yRRtvt9.png

lapushka
December 31st, 2016, 08:45 AM
Besides, if I read the above snippet correctly, with that little of growth *more*, what the heck do you ultimately gain? In the grand scheme of things? Not much. And... For that price?

Like I said before, I'd get myself a nice set of products I wouldn't normally buy, something that I was eager to try out, for me that is mostly Shea Moisture and Cantu, and a few other bits and bobs, and get it, and pamper myself. That's the only way. You have to learn to enjoy the journey or you'll get nowhere fast. It is *that* slow. It is. So... not much you can do.

Mrstran
December 31st, 2016, 09:59 AM
Better to be safe then sorry. I'm sure you've heard that before, but you know..

I found that my hair grew a little faster when I started doing the healthy stuff. Now, I love my junk food. Don't get me wrong, I still eat junk. However I have added: omega 369 and a multi Vitamin, nuts fruits and veggies, oatmeal (somehow)
And now I actually drink water. How about that!

Maybe you already do this stuff. If so, all there is left as everyone else has said, is patience.

I drove myself nuts waiting so I picked up some new hobbies. I'm doing a new squat challenge, learning tarot, and Chinese.

MsPharaohMoan
December 31st, 2016, 11:28 AM
That little snippet is saying there's no statistical significance between groups lol

Nope hard, OP. Nope hard.

RavenRose
December 31st, 2016, 12:45 PM
That snippet says the difference between the control group and the treated group averaged .5 mm more, with one treated subject gaining 3.4 mm more than the average gain. That is not worth it for HALF A MILIMETER of extra growth. So during the test trials of 30 people they gained between 1/2 to 3/4" total max. Reading the study they reach their conclusion based on the one subject with a better growth rate and the survey of the participants- 79% precevied their hair grew longer. The study nowhere states anything near 1.14 or 1.8 inches as claimed.

There are a few lucky people here on LHC that average 3/4" a month without any assistance, plus in real life hair can look much longer or shorter depending on how you position your head, and how much the products weight down the hair. Some of the before and afters in the testimonials may be from turbo growers, from those who generally started taking care of their hair, the fact that the directions include scalp massage to stimulate the scalp, and/or different positioning and weight of the hair.

Plus if you click on the ingredients tab- the first ingredient after water in the shampoo is coco sulfate- with is just an unrefined version of SLS so is not sulfate free. plus egg shells and protein.
The conditioner has a egg shell and a bunch of protein- which seems like it would easily build up.
The hair mask has Dimethicone as the second ingredient- this would definitely give lots of shine and slip, but would also weight down hair and at least for me dry it out.

hopefulred
December 31st, 2016, 02:06 PM
Thankyou everyone for talking me out of it, I think deep down I know its a con which is why posted on here instead of just buying them! Its so hard because of how damaged my hair is I cant do anything with it until the new growth is a decent length to get all the beached damage cut off and I cant wear it down because the damage is so bad and I really suit my hair down but not as much up. I don't think this time of year helps like you said before lapushka as everyone is getting dressed up and doing their hair etc which I cant do. Its hard when your hair is making you feel unattractive and mine is doing that at the moment :-(

Kiiruna
December 31st, 2016, 02:18 PM
Don't worry about it. When I joined, my hair was in awful shape - splitting and breaking off from chemical (and probably mechanical) damage. After a year my hair is so much easier to handle, it feels better, it's healthier. Even though nothing else than scissors can take damage off, you can make the process easier by searching for your personal hair routine that works for you and makes your hair look and feel better.

cgirl
December 31st, 2016, 02:27 PM
Hi hopefulred, I feel the same way after my straight perm nightmare. You are not alone. I think right now the best investment I can make for my hair is eating healthy food, getting more rest and exercise, and drinking more water. I think of it as a time for self-care and reflection. And really, one of the worst things for hair is stress, so eliminating stress is so important for hair growth. Everyday it's getting a little longer. :cheer:

hopefulred
December 31st, 2016, 04:46 PM
Thankyou cgirl I need to refocus on what your doing, with making my body super healthy for optimum hair growth. my OH has just measured my virgin hair growth and it averages at 6cm some is 5cm but some 7cm so it's actually growing quicker than I thought so that's made me feel abit better.

lapushka
January 1st, 2017, 05:10 AM
Thankyou everyone for talking me out of it, I think deep down I know its a con which is why posted on here instead of just buying them! Its so hard because of how damaged my hair is I cant do anything with it until the new growth is a decent length to get all the beached damage cut off and I cant wear it down because the damage is so bad and I really suit my hair down but not as much up. I don't think this time of year helps like you said before lapushka as everyone is getting dressed up and doing their hair etc which I cant do. Its hard when your hair is making you feel unattractive and mine is doing that at the moment :-(

Aw... do something *nice* for your hair! Nice DT, pampering session with your nicest products. I tend to focus on my products a lot (I'm like that), and that's where I find my enjoyment. I like caring for my hair, the growth is an extra bonus! You might not feel the best now, but it's "just" one day that is difficult. The New Year will bring you plenty of growth; think of the months ahead and how much you'll gain. Try and calculate where you'll be in 6 months.

Thankyou cgirl I need to refocus on what your doing, with making my body super healthy for optimum hair growth. my OH has just measured my virgin hair growth and it averages at 6cm some is 5cm but some 7cm so it's actually growing quicker than I thought so that's made me feel abit better.

That is quite a bit. It's only going to get easier from this point. Trust me on that. I grew out henna, regular dye, multiple times. The first few inches are the hardest (like you haven't done your roots), then it gets easier, as you can pull it up in updos and it is less noticeable and stuff. Yeah! Hang in there!!!

hopefulred
January 3rd, 2017, 04:06 PM
Aw... do something *nice* for your hair! Nice DT, pampering session with your nicest products. I tend to focus on my products a lot (I'm like that), and that's where I find my enjoyment. I like caring for my hair, the growth is an extra bonus! You might not feel the best now, but it's "just" one day that is difficult. The New Year will bring you plenty of growth; think of the months ahead and how much you'll gain. Try and calculate where you'll be in 6 months.

That is quite a bit. It's only going to get easier from this point. Trust me on that. I grew out henna, regular dye, multiple times. The first few inches are the hardest (like you haven't done your roots), then it gets easier, as you can pull it up in updos and it is less noticeable and stuff. Yeah! Hang in there!!!

Thankyou for that lapushka it helps to know ppl have been in a similar position and have come through it and out the other side! It's hard because no one in RL is going through the same process where I'm basically growing from scratch because the bleached hair is so badly damaged and snapping all the time when I handle it, it's really hard to stay positive and patient. yeah it is really hard at the moment as it's at that in between stage where it looks like massive roots but they aren't long enough to feel like I'm getting anywhere!

TatsuOni
January 4th, 2017, 02:18 AM
Thankyou for that lapushka it helps to know ppl have been in a similar position and have come through it and out the other side! It's hard because no one in RL is going through the same process where I'm basically growing from scratch because the bleached hair is so badly damaged and snapping all the time when I handle it, it's really hard to stay positive and patient. yeah it is really hard at the moment as it's at that in between stage where it looks like massive roots but they aren't long enough to feel like I'm getting anywhere!

I started with 0,5 cm 9,5 years ago and have in thoose years bleached and dyed my hair and while still saving it, cut of the bleached hair little by little.

I've felt really unpatient from time to time and I'm still far from my goal lenght. But it's worth it to have patience :) Pamper the hair, find another hobby to distract you for a while, or whatever works for you :)