PDA

View Full Version : Taking care on a cruise

Miss P
December 31st, 2016, 03:02 AM
Hello community!
I'll be going on a cruise in a few days and I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to protect my hair-what with all the sun, pools and sea water. I'm planning to keep hatted most of the time and when I do swim I'll put oil on the ends...but any other little tips would be helpful :)

Nini
December 31st, 2016, 03:39 AM
Have fun, enjoy your cruise and don't give it much thought :) It's only for a little while after all.

Eas693
December 31st, 2016, 09:46 AM
Put your hair in the shower before you swim. It'll soak with the non chlorine water the oil the ends before hoping in the pool. It'll save you a lot of work later.

As for the sun use a small bit of coconut oil it doesn't provide UV protection but it can help save your hair from heat.

Enjoy your vacation and use this time to try some new updos

vega
December 31st, 2016, 02:03 PM
I've been on many cruises, hair care is very important on cruises as most events are on top deck and inside you are in constant aircon this is very drying to hair and skin I ensure I have a hair serum and usually bun hair up if I let hair down I dont do this on top deck as its always windy hope this helps and enjoy your cruise

Miss P
January 1st, 2017, 05:33 PM
Thanks for all your advice! :)

cassidy_2711
January 1st, 2017, 09:08 PM
What I also do is before I go in the pool or ocean I cover my hair in a conditioner.

Anje
January 1st, 2017, 09:47 PM
Well, I've seriously never done a cruise, but I've crossed Lake Michigan on a carferry more than a few times. Let me tell you, the wind is serious. If cruises are anything like that, you'll probably want to bring some headscarves for when you're out on the deck, or at the end of the day you're going to be laboriously combing out itsy bitsy knots in all those wispy baby hairs around your face. Hats are great too, as long as they don't come off.

april17
January 1st, 2017, 11:37 PM
I "second" the suggestion to saturate your hair in regular water just before going into chlorinated or salt water-- otherwise the hair will end up saturated in harmful salt water or chlorine.