PDA

View Full Version : I listened to my husband....

Eas693
December 30th, 2016, 04:37 PM
So I left an oil mixture in my hair over night and it left it feeling so soft I couldn't really do anything with it. The next day I was very fluffy and still not easily managed. My husband offered to braid my short hair(barely reaching chin) since I am just learning how to. Well he put it in braids but they were smaller than I thought they'd be and I was afraid to sleep in them. But I did

I undid the braids this morning and I seriously look like I licked a wall socket! lol I had to get going this morning too so I've been walking around with a headband on trying to tame this frizz! To make it worse it's rainy and the moisture in the air is making it even more poofy!

Just wanted to make people smile! Happy growing

spidermom
December 30th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Haha. My hair is naturally poufy, and braiding it, even at this short length (just below collarbone) calms it down. I don't know if you know this, but the trick with removing braids is never-ever brush. Don't even comb. The strands will blend into waves as you move your head.

Anje
December 30th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Heh. How many braids did he put it in? I wouldn't recommend more than one or two for calming down hair unless your hair is super-thick or super-curly (like 3c+).

Also, just barely fingercomb your braidwaves to keep them as calm as possible. :)

Eas693
December 30th, 2016, 06:02 PM
It was like 25 micro braids and I definitely didn't comb them. I only finger comb. It was hilarious to me

Hairkay
December 30th, 2016, 07:29 PM
It was like 25 micro braids and I definitely didn't comb them. I only finger comb. It was hilarious to me

Good for you getting the hubby to do all 25 braids. My hair would have the frizzy look without that effort because that's the type of hair I have. If I just leave it out and go to sleep the next morning It'd look worse than Einstein's signature hairstyle.

Greenfire
December 30th, 2016, 10:43 PM
I'm cracking up from the title of this as much as from the story in it. Did you mark it down on the calendar for when he says, "you never listen to me" so you can say, "yes, honey, right here I listened, and you see what happens when I listen to you?"

Kat-Rinnč Naido
December 30th, 2016, 10:54 PM
Lol. Thank you for sharing.

lapushka
December 31st, 2016, 04:28 AM
Husbands. :rolleyes: :lol: I'm surprised he knew how to braid. :)

Eas693
December 31st, 2016, 09:06 AM
Good for you getting the hubby to do all 25 braids. My hair would have the frizzy look without that effort because that's the type of hair I have. If I just leave it out and go to sleep the next morning It'd look worse than Einstein's signature hairstyle.

He's a really good sport when it comes to my hair and skin stuff. :-)

I'm cracking up from the title of this as much as from the story in it. Did you mark it down on the calendar for when he says, "you never listen to me" so you can say, "yes, honey, right here I listened, and you see what happens when I listen to you?"

lol I should. He kept walking around saying "I was trying to give you texture". We cracked up all day because it would pop my headband up and creep out.

Lol. Thank you for sharing.
Anytime :-) we should all laugh at this stuff. It's part of the journey

His mom was a hair dresser for long hair. He knows more than I do! He said next month I should be long enough to Dutch braid my sides. Super excited to learn!

Wildcat Diva
December 31st, 2016, 09:35 AM

For me. ^^^this.

Though all my longhaired male family members are getting a bit more hair savvy, I think there is a limit (self imposed?) to the hair knowledge/skills.

The curly ones still brush out their curls to frizzville, but we are starting to break that habit down.

I have taught all of them how to tighten/ loosen the laces on my corsets so that is something. (Well kinda. Have to review tutorial every time).

FrayedFire
May 2nd, 2017, 04:53 PM

Hehehe. I sometimes do that deliberately cause I'm still a 90's kid at heart and love the crimped look, but I've never had the patience to do more than 12 braids.

Jo Ann
May 2nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Eas693
It's nice to know all those summers at Arts and Crafts Camp didn't go to waste! :p

megthehennahead
May 2nd, 2017, 10:03 PM

Hahaha I know exactly what you looked like! I did this a few times when I was younger. It's an... interesting look. We'll see if I can teach DBF to braid... just one of course!

Borgessa
May 2nd, 2017, 11:35 PM
Hahahah licked a wall socket, thanks for the giggle :)

Aredhel
May 3rd, 2017, 05:09 AM
"I listened to my husband...."

Well there's your first problem.:lol:
That's a cute story though, I've definitely been there with the post micro-braiding hair...I'm also very impressed that your husband can do such intricate braiding! Especially for just a nighttime 'do. :)

Hay_jules
May 3rd, 2017, 09:31 AM
This gave me a good chuckle for the morning. I too am surprised (and impressed) he was able to do all those braids.

I wonder since it's several months later now, how are the braids coming Eas693?