PDA

View Full Version : Silke London hair wraps, anyone in The UK seen these?

Wavykate
December 30th, 2016, 05:15 AM
http://www.silkelondon.com/collections/shop-the-collection

I just ordered one of the hair wraps. I get terrible breakage at night and frizz even though I have a silk pillowcase. May be a bit expensive but the added elastic to keep it on the head at night and seems much higher quality than other bonnets and sleep hats I've seen.

The silk wrapped hair ties are also inspired! Seems good hair care is finally reaching mainstream

Hairkay
December 30th, 2016, 06:11 AM
This is the first I'm hearing about them. I tend to buy or make satin bonnets. I also make my own satin scrunchies, most are bigger than their hair ties but some are the same size as these shown.

emptyque
December 30th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I've seen the website before. They are really cute, but too much money for me. Maybe I'll take a page from Hairkay's book and sew my own.

Wavykate
December 30th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Yes they are quite pricey! I had a discount code that helps, I would have a go at making my own but I don't have a machine (or the skills!!)

Annalouise
December 30th, 2016, 09:00 AM
They are pretty. Do they have room for your hair? They look like they are snug fitting so where do you put your hair?:)

Wavykate
December 30th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I think they will be a bit snug for those with very very long hair! Mine is bsl and had plenty of room. It would probably work well if hair was braided and then push it up inside the wrap for extra protection. Though it's so pretty I'll probably end up wearing it as a hat!!

Hairkay
December 30th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I'm not fond of that look. Great grandmother used to have hats like that. Slap caps are more my style.

emptyque
December 30th, 2016, 09:35 AM
I think they will be a bit snug for those with very very long hair! Mine is bsl and had plenty of room. It would probably work well if hair was braided and then push it up inside the wrap for extra protection. Though it's so pretty I'll probably end up wearing it as a hat!!

I would totally wear it as a hat too. I don't mind dressing like somebody's grandmother.