PDA

View Full Version : Finally stopped the heat madness

jenni626yz
December 29th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Stopped using my hair straightner February 2016. Used it every single day until my curly hair was so thin and short!! I just wanted long hair!! Finally seeing growth and thickness after almost a year!! Can't wait for 2017!! Year of hair!!

maborosi
December 29th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Congrats, that is a great step in the right direction!!

Idreamlong
December 30th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Congratulations! I stopped using mine in September 2015, my very curly hair was so broken and split and dry and damaged. It was between shoulder and APL with the longest layers just reaching APL and I just couldn't ever get it anything beyond that so relied on extensions for length.

Now, December 2016, it's BSL, with the longest layers just beyond and creeping towards waist. It's still got some damage but is getting healthier each month (or at least I hope!)

I LOVE my hair straightened, but I could never go back to straightening it every day like I used to. Or even every week. Now I try and limit it to once every 2-3 months. Since my hair is longer, my curls look so much nicer so now my goal is to get to waist length straight, so that its at BSL when it's curly.

You'll get there, you've almost done a year now!

Rapunzel_to_be
December 30th, 2016, 02:22 AM
Congrats!!! :applause:D

I stopped using heat in march 2015, and I saw my wurly hair get more defined and looked so much nicer over time, I will never ever go back to using heat tools!!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 30th, 2016, 02:57 AM
That's SUCH a major step forward! Congratulations! Your hair will thank you.

moon_witch
December 30th, 2016, 02:59 AM
Congrats :) I ruined my hair back in 2010 by using heat almost every day. Since then I have used heat twice. Not using heat is the best thing I could have done for my hair!

lapushka
December 30th, 2016, 03:07 AM
I stopped heat appliances, but I still weekly-diffuse (because I weekly wash). On cool/warm (as long as the air stream isn't burning your hand) is a great setting, and it works for me. But if you want to go no heat all the way, all the more power to you. :)

Alissalocks
December 30th, 2016, 09:01 AM
Your hair is thankful for the kindness!!

I get upset when I'm working a show and its *required* to have a stylist/hairdresser work on me. They're in a hurry and don't care about you and your length goals, usually. I ask them not to use heat or back comb, but.... :eyeroll: Any time I can do it myself, I always try to so I can keep my hair as healthy as possible.

Deborah
December 30th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Good for you! You have made a great choice that will result in healthier hair!