PDA

View Full Version : What are some great Tips & Ideas to prevent me from wanting to cut my hair?

pamela_07
December 27th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Sometimes I feel my hair is never going to grow and I lose hopes. what are some things I can do to prevent this anxiety!!

Hypothesis
December 27th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I look up a different hairstyle tutorials on youtube for my hair length to try. If I have shorter hair, I can't learn how to double braid my bun now, can I?

But seriously it does help me.

pamela_07
December 27th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I look up a different hairstyle tutorials on youtube for my hair length to try. If I have shorter hair, I can't learn how to double braid my bun now, can I?

But seriously it does help me.

BTW Have you ever heard of an old scalp tonic that is made with same parts alcohol and castor oil for hair growth and baldness? where I live in the caribbean they used to sell it in pharmacies but have not seen it from a long time! You only apply to the scalp with a cotton and create friction to stimulate the scalp and allow the product to penetrate well!!

lapushka
December 27th, 2016, 04:38 PM
BTW Have you ever heard of an old scalp tonic that is made with same parts alcohol and castor oil for hair growth and baldness? where I live in the caribbean they used to sell it in pharmacies but have not seen it from a long time! You only apply to the scalp with a cotton and create friction to stimulate the scalp and allow the product to penetrate well!!

What does this have to do with the thread? Or, is there more going on as to why you would want to cut your hair all of a sudden?

Obsidian
December 27th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I started buying and making hair toys, I hung them up in the bathroom so I can see them everyday to remind myself of my goals. Its actually helped quite a bit. I look at a favorite clip and think, 2 more inches and I can wear that or next spring I can use that stick. Shiny glittery things and vanity are a great motivator for me, lol.

pamela_07
December 27th, 2016, 04:48 PM
What does this have to do with the thread? Or, is there more going on as to why you would want to cut your hair all of a sudden?

Hey lapushka, well since I am sooo anxious about my hair growth I asked about the castor tonic, to see if anyone has ever used it, and perhaps it can make my hair grow a little faster and better, and not have to cut it (In my mind I have always believed that cutting hair makes hair look stronger and thicker, but I have spent so much energy on this hair) that
I really don't want to commit a stupidity,so I need advice!

pamela_07
December 27th, 2016, 04:49 PM
I started buying and making hair toys, I hung them up in the bathroom so I can see them everyday to remind myself of my goals. Its actually helped quite a bit. I look at a favorite clip and think, 2 more inches and I can wear that or next spring I can use that stick. Shiny glittery things and vanity are a great motivator for me, lol.

Sounds good!! I will try that! I also heard about micro-trimming but its still cutting :S

spidermom
December 27th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Greatly restrict the times that you check your length. I remember when I was checking my hair length about 5 times per day, so of course I never saw any progress. Then I made a rule for myself. I could only check my hair length on the 1st of the month, and only one time. I would wear something with a pattern so that I could easily see if my ends were touching a new place on the pattern. It helped so much! It also helped to get busy with other things so that I wasn't thinking about my hair length so much.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 27th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Tell yourself that today your hair is longer than it was yesterday, and that if you give up it will guarantee that you won't make it.

Take a hair length photo every three months so you can see the growth happening.

Pamper your hair with deep treatments, and learn styles you can do with it at your current length.

If you must trim, trim only a tiny amount, say a quarter or half inch, then go several months before trimming again, and only trim if you really need to. Put those scissors away.

I remember someone asked me once how to get long hair, to which I asked her, how do you get long grass on your lawn? She said "Just don't cut it", and I replied that the same goes for hair, too. :)

Lastly, get busy with other things besides your hair, and it will surprise you how it grows.

Anyway, best of luck and PATIENCE to you :D

Hairkay
December 27th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I'd say find a style that you enjoy on your hair now, style it and leave it alone. Go about your daily activities including hobbies that you enjoy and keep doing that for months. Of course you'll have hair washing times, hydration and conditioning times but mostly keep out of you hair and be content with your chosen style. Patience and a regimen work wonders.

Kae612
December 27th, 2016, 07:49 PM
I recently felt an urge to cut it all off and have above shoulder length hair again. What reminded me that I like having long hair was trying a new product (a shampoo), playing with it - trying a new style from the internet, and just looking in the mirror and going "hm what would happen if I did this?" then doing it and seeing how fun it was. I tried a 4-strand braid, a figure 8 bun, and a fun sort of half up style with 5 english braids that I just made up. This reminded me that my hair is like a hobby for me, and I would miss it if it was gone and I couldn't play with the length anymore.

But this was more of a decision-making process than a re-convincing process for me. I also looked up cute short hairstyles, and fun things I could do with shorter hair I can't do now, and I daydreamed about nothing getting caught in anything, and not having to put my hair up before I start getting dressed in the morning. I thought about what I value more, and which I preferred, and currently keeping my long hair for which I keep learning new skills about came out ahead. That might change. It's always good to check in with yourself if what you're doing is still fun for you or feeling like a chore. I think if my longer hair stopped being fun and started feeling more irritating than it was worth I'd cut it all off. Hair length has no inherent value other than making you happy :o

mermaid lullaby
December 27th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Um...
so.... do you want your hair cut, or grow it out? :shrug:

emptyque
December 29th, 2016, 10:28 AM
You can make a photo album of your favorite long hair looks. Put a range of hair lengths in it. Some that you'll reach in a couple of months, and some that will take years. That way it will keep you motivated but not be discouraging.

likelikepenny
December 30th, 2016, 07:45 AM
You can make a photo album of your favorite long hair looks. Put a range of hair lengths in it. Some that you'll reach in a couple of months, and some that will take years. That way it will keep you motivated but not be discouraging.

I'm gonna try this.

Dark40
December 30th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Sometimes I feel my hair is never going to grow and I lose hopes. what are some things I can do to prevent this anxiety!!

Why would you want to cut it all of a sudden? If your hair isn't damaged then don't cut it!!!! What is your hair care routine? How often do you wash it and condition it? Do you keep your scalp and hair moisturized?