PDA

View Full Version : Hair Loss

LaísB
December 27th, 2016, 04:29 AM
I just realized that my hair has been falling a lot lately, like I am loosing a lot of hair. I am used to hair fall/loss, especially when I get stressed but it has reached a whole new level this month. Everytime I pass my hands trough my hair it falls down a lot (like more than two strands at each time). I'm worried...

I think that a few things could be the cause but I am not sure:

*I am wearing my hair up for over 50 days straight and that may be causing tension on my scalp?

*Holiday stress?

*A semi permanent dye I used? (I didn't notice any dryness or anything related to it after the dye, in fact my hair is soft and shinny, which can be because I WCC now)

*I haven't clarified, maybe I need to?

lapushka
December 27th, 2016, 05:07 AM
A few strands by going through your hair sounds normal to me. It's not as if it's "clumps" of hair. And in this time, it is still normal to have a bit of a shed, IMMHO.

You did use this "new" shampoo for more hair growth - could it be that?

I always wear my hair up (when I'm up), and down when I go to sleep. I never had more hair loss because of wearing it up more.

Clarifying has nothing to do with hair loss, and I don't see how that will make it magically better. Maybe you do need to switch to a different shampoo (not the growth one). I'm not (never) too sure about things like that.

Aphra
December 27th, 2016, 05:44 AM
If you think you're shedding more than you did last month, I'd go back to your old routine and see if that makes any difference. Then add changes in one at a time over a reasonable period.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
December 27th, 2016, 06:19 AM
My first thought was your shampoo (the growth one). As I think I read somewhere that does happen to some. Or it could be seasonal change.
I wear my hair up most of the time. Did the wear your hair up for a month challenge; I think I had mine up for 77 days and that did not cause hair loss.

ipickee
December 27th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Something else to remember, the longer your hair gets, the more it looks like you're losing when you do run your hand through it. I give myself a minor heart attack every time I comb after the shower. And, if you wear your hair up all the time, those hairs that have come loose of your scalp, but haven't made it out of your bun will all show at the same time when you comb your hair. So it may look like more, but be perfectly normal :)