PDA

View Full Version : Hair related Christmas gifts.

copperlites
December 25th, 2016, 04:35 PM
So what hair related gifts did santa bring?
It's Boxing Day here now and yesterday I received a set of extra long curlformers and a soft hood to use with the hair dryer if I need to dry them in a hurry.
I also got a wide brimmed sun hat and lightweight scarf/ shawl to protect my hair in my convertible.
Anyone else get any hair related gifts?

Eas693
December 25th, 2016, 04:39 PM
My hubby got me a mannequin head to my practice braiding on and nice bottles for all my natural care products like hair oil mixes and OCM stuff

Arctic
December 25th, 2016, 04:46 PM
I didn't really celebrate christmas but an elf brought my first ever Ficcare on my door step. :santa:

Arctic
December 25th, 2016, 04:47 PM
My hubby got me a mannequin head to my practice braiding on - -

That's a lovely and unusual gift! Have fun practicing! Also teach your husband so he can braid your hair then :D

Eas693
December 25th, 2016, 05:04 PM
I've been complaining I need to practice so by the time my hair is long enough I can protect it lol he st least listens to my crazy

AutobotsAttack
December 25th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I've got two new bottles of herbal essences
More garnier sreum
My husbands mom got me some Nioxin peppermint shampoo
2 packets of protein treatments
New mini pad brush

Jenw777
December 25th, 2016, 07:37 PM
My stocking had some Shea Moisture conditioning treatment and some nightblooming oils, including the hot cocoa!

Longhairgoals
December 25th, 2016, 07:42 PM
I received hair sticks from my mom! My hair is a little short but I can make tiny buns☺

triumphator!
December 25th, 2016, 09:05 PM
I got three OverTheHawaiianMoon forks! :D

Saldana
December 25th, 2016, 10:04 PM
We didn't do presents this year, but DP1 finally agreed to tie some hair tinsel into my hair before we all went out for a Christmas evening dinner cruise on the river. I felt very festive!!

catabear
December 26th, 2016, 02:29 AM
My mom got me a silk sleeping cap! Sooo excited! It's actually cloth on the outside, silk on the inside. It looks like a beanie cap.

daisychain
December 26th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Got a yummy smelling Lush shampoo bar! Jason and the Argan Oil, it's Rose Jam scented, I love it :)

embee
December 26th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Don't know if this counts - I purchased for myself (as a Christmas gift) two MeiFa Allwood hairsticks - old gold and flat black. :) They arrived in 3 days!

lapushka
December 26th, 2016, 06:58 AM
My mom and dad got me money for both Christmas & NY combined. Quite an amount too (€500). I am an only child, and it was to cover the custom costs that I got (over €240) from when my Curlmart order went bonkers (story is in The Shea Moisture thread). In short, I got bulk-sent some items by mistake, the custom's office went berserk, and so I now have 36 curl creams in my stash - which I definitely paid for!

RebekahE
December 26th, 2016, 07:05 AM
I recieved two mini flexi-8's simple band style. I love them! They are perfect for use as barrettes, half-ups and holding my fly aways back!

Larki
December 26th, 2016, 09:22 AM
I also received Curlformers! Super long, wide spiral. :) It took the entire set to do my hair yesterday. :p I might need to buy some extras for insurance.

http://i64.tinypic.com/aomli0.jpg http://i68.tinypic.com/1qfgwh.jpg http://i68.tinypic.com/33jme5w.jpg

I got Curlformers for Xmas! I love them to pieces.

Rosetta
December 26th, 2016, 10:34 AM
My only hair-related gift was a lovely-smelling organic conditioner :D (Well, yes, we all know that they're not always organic even if the bottle says so, but at least this one had loads of lovely natural ingredients :))

truepeacenik
December 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Wrapunzel's Hanukkah sale started yesterday.
So the little extras in tips got applied to a couple tichels.

Loribelle
December 26th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I got ALL of the WEN. I don't even use it. I use VO5 or Suave for cowashing.
Holy cow. There are like, 12 bottles, at least. Plus some kind of Wen texture balm (not sure what to do with that?) and a really nice smelling Wen hair treatment. It's the only thing I opened so far, but it smells nice. Oh...and a comb (Wen, of course) :D

Reyn127
December 26th, 2016, 10:11 PM
I don't know if this quite counts, but I bought something for MYSELF for Christmas.... the first hairstick I've actually bought instead of having someone give it to me, it's made out of red resin with a big white and red swirly thing on the top.

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 26th, 2016, 11:39 PM
Im actually kind of sad I didnt get any hair stuff for christmas this year. It was on my wishlist though! Lol.
I wanted a new tangle teezer and some hair sticks. Oh well! Another user here is making me some.

languagenut
December 27th, 2016, 12:42 AM
My parents gave me a couple packs of foam hair rollers from Dollar Tree, and some ponytail holders.

(Click link to see full-size)
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UvAsYxBjp_E/WGIWkIrk7hI/AAAAAAAAAsI/7Px6C4xgu4k66COu7UL0EVEqkVm0OqhzQCLcB/s320/IMAG0237.jpg (https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UvAsYxBjp_E/WGIWkIrk7hI/AAAAAAAAAsI/7Px6C4xgu4k66COu7UL0EVEqkVm0OqhzQCLcB/s1600/IMAG0237.jpg)

So that's twelve hair rollers... do you think that will be enough? I never tried to curl my hair before, so I have no idea how to estimate it, lol!

Annalouise
December 27th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I didn't get any presents but I did buy some hair presents for myself, does that count? I bought a heat cap...finally! I've been wanting one for like ten years! :D And I bought a fragrance free deep conditioner!!! Yay!! So excited to deep condition my hair.

Before Christmas I purchased a fragrance free leave in conditioner and it had sand/dirt in it. :(

lapushka
December 27th, 2016, 12:52 PM
My mom got 2 hairclips from her sister (they were all under €5 surprise packages). The only thing is, they are too big for her (she has i not even i/ii hair anymore), so that was a bummer. But she accepted them gladly and the penny only dropped the next day, when she tried them out and realized, oops, oh yes... They are too small for me, though, a nice medium size. So I gave her a small clip I still had and that was gathering dust on my rack of clips. :o

ephemeri
December 27th, 2016, 06:55 PM
i got a "slap" (satin-lined cap) and a buff. :D

KeenAbby
December 27th, 2016, 07:19 PM
For a hair related Christmas gift, I received a Victoria Secret Coconut beach wave spray. Well, its good for my hair. It creates a fresh and natural looking texture.

moon_witch
December 28th, 2016, 01:33 AM
I love reading what everyone got!
I didn't get any hair related things but I bought some from the money I got for Christmas. I bought a new tangle teezer ( my old one was still fine but I love the white and red Christmas edition so I bought it and gave the old one to my mom since she wanted to try it), my favorite hair mask and a new shampoo and conditioner to try.

Kirby-oh
December 28th, 2016, 03:30 AM
Brother got me a hair axe! So much fun. :)

https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/752/31785569332_df59d398cd_c.jpg

Borgessa
December 28th, 2016, 04:46 AM

That's cool :cool:

luvlonghair75
December 28th, 2016, 07:23 AM
I didn't get anything hair related. I'm on my own on this journey!

Asrai
December 28th, 2016, 08:20 AM
I didn't get anything hair related this year, but I gave a couple of hair gifts! I got my mum a fork from Timberstone Turnings with butterflies in purple freshwater pearls & gave my sister a pair of mini bat Flexi-8s. I'm also planning on giving my mum a Crockett Mountain acrylic fork for her birthday next week.

Sulis
December 29th, 2016, 11:46 PM
I received some really pretty hair clips and a shampoo bar

Simsy
December 30th, 2016, 02:07 AM

In normal conversation, that sentence would make no sense. On the LHC, its more of a "Awesome!" or "Cool👍" sort of sentence. And on that note, that is Cool.

AZDesertRose
January 2nd, 2017, 04:16 PM
Love the hair-ax, Kirby-oh!

I just opened my Christmas presents today (long story, basically Christmas got postponed due to illness), and I got a new sock bun form, which was totally unexpected and welcome. I have one that is mostly foam with wire inside that doesn't actually work all that well on my hair, so I almost never use it. The one I got for Christmas is made of a kind of suede-type fabric with wire inside, and I had a similar one years ago that I gave away because at the time, I had classic length hair and that form couldn't hold all my hair, but it worked well on shorter lengths, so I'm fairly optimistic that the one I just got will be more useful than the foam one I have and don't really like.