PDA

View Full Version : Woman With 8-Foot-Long Dreads!

curly girl fla
October 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
I don't know if anyone posted this already-I apologize if it's a duplicate, but this (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/custom/funstuff/orl-dreads2208oct22,0,4121079.story) is incredible. Alot of growing going on :)

Lady Verity
October 22nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Oh wow! I bet they're heavy.

And I love how she calls them her 'locks'. Such an elegant word. Thanks for sharing!

aries
October 22nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
Wow, I just watched the video and she has the longest locks I have ever seen. I would think they might be a little heavy, not sure, but sheesh. I am at a loss for words.

Kuchen
October 22nd, 2008, 08:05 AM
They are beautiful locs, too.

Periwinkle
October 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
105"! :thud:

And what's more, they're absolutely stunning too.

lora410
October 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
wow, she has the prettiest dreads I think I have ever seen.

JessTheMess
October 22nd, 2008, 09:03 AM
That's a whole lot of hair!!! Good for her!!! Grow them locks!!:cheese:

Carolyn
October 22nd, 2008, 09:20 AM
A few years ago I met a woman in Ames, IA with dreads who told me she was going for the world record. She worked in the bead store in campus town. I haven't been back there in a while and have wondered if she was still there and had her long dreads. I had never seen dreadlocks up close before and was fascinated with her hair. She kindly explained how she did them and cared for them. She wrapped embroidery floss at various places. It was very interesting.

nmarie33
October 22nd, 2008, 09:21 AM
WOAH! Incredible when she takes them down off her head! I imagine her hair would be even longer if it weren't locked up? Or do you think it would even be possible for it not to be dreads at that length? Amazing.

Ms Monnie
October 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
nmarie33, I suspect that most people with super-long dreads would not be able to grow their hair that long loose. A percentage of the length must be just dead hairs knotted onto growing hairs? I'm not sure.

Anyway, thank you for posting this. I think they're so beautiful, she obviously takes good care of them, and I love her speaking voice, it's so warm.

Isilme
October 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
impressive, and she seems to take good care of them, I'm generally not a fan of dreads, but this was pretty. I guess there are different kinds of dreads.

LutraLutra
October 22nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
That's amazing. Imagine the care she has take take with them, not just being carful of car doors etc, but making sure they don't trip her up if and when she takes them down. I wonder how much they weigh?

Fencai
October 22nd, 2008, 10:18 AM
that's coooool!!!! Ive always wanted dreads. I like the thin ones like she has!
my new hero!!!!

Islandgrrl
October 22nd, 2008, 10:30 AM
Wow, her dreads are so beautiful, so impressive. I can't imagine what they must weigh, though! Yikes!

Wavelength
October 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
For your own sanity, don't read the comments. There's some serious racists out there and they all decided to post on this article.

Ohio Sky
October 22nd, 2008, 11:11 AM
I love the way she just throws them up on her head, lol. So easy!

Naluin
October 22nd, 2008, 11:27 AM
For your own sanity, don't read the comments. There's some serious racists out there and they all decided to post on this article.

I love how they decide that because she's black and has taken serious care of her hair for 20 years, she must be unemployed and on welfare and I love the assumption that because she has dreads and washes her hair only once a week OMG, she must be filthy.

Why are people so determined to hate and assume stuff about people they hardly know from Adam?

Nasty people. :mad:

Lady Godiva
October 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
IMPRESSIVE. WOW! :rockerdud

snowbear
October 22nd, 2008, 12:46 PM
Wow, that's incredible! I'm suitably impressed.

burns_erin
October 22nd, 2008, 12:49 PM
Oh wow, her dreads are lovely. I remember there was a thread about a guy with really long dreads, his creeped me out a bit, but hers just impress the heck out of me.

Áine
October 22nd, 2008, 01:01 PM

I was just about to comment about that myself. Some of those things the people wrote were absolutely horrendous. It made me sick.

There was nothing undignified about that woman, she was rightfully proud of her hair accomplishment. But yet some people think it's funny to sling any sort of stereotype they can find, even when it makes no sense.

Anje
October 22nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
Those are some seriously nice-looking locks! I've seen plenty of ones I didn't care for (particularly the ones I see on some white folks -- bleach-blond and flattened, looking more like mats than locks), but hers look wonderful and are clearly well-cared for!

I think it's interesting how a few have grown so much longer than the bulk of them. She must have a patch of hair that grows significantly faster than the rest.

suicides_eve
October 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
that is freakin amazing! an it was so neat that you could see it looked to me like the middle back section of her hair grew the longest!. That is alot of diligent hard work to keep those soo well maintained. I can barley do that with my hair.

Angellen
October 22nd, 2008, 07:25 PM
Wow, gorgeous~! I like smaller locs better than big ones, and hers are stunning. They look really fantastic! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. :flower:

kwaniesiam
October 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
:thud: Thank you for sharing that, her locks are beautiful!

Magicknthenight
October 22nd, 2008, 08:08 PM
wow that's impressive. bet their really heavy
but think of all the neat hairstyles you could pull off
i love the length :)

truepeacenik
October 22nd, 2008, 10:00 PM

on PPK (post punk kitchen) we typically say "don't read the comments" when even referring to an online article/video.
Perhaps we should here?

Seraphina
October 23rd, 2008, 02:18 AM
Wow,wow,wow.That is some gorgeous hair she's got there.

Nanni
October 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
Wow, that's amazing. I wonder if it is all her natural hair. Beautiful anyway.

Shanarana
October 23rd, 2008, 06:10 AM
Before I clicked it, I was expecting some nasty looking hair. Her hair really is nicely kept and looks wonderful on her.

Eloa
October 23rd, 2008, 06:15 AM
*sigh*... so beautiful. though she must be crushed by their weight once the dreads are wet! Saves exercise... :wink: