PDA

View Full Version : photographing my hair

Sossity
March 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I would like to get a good photo of my hair down my back to post on this forum so I can get help on identifying its type, how do I do this? any tips? it is difficult to hold the camera around my back.

Sossity

Nat242
March 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
Does your camera have a timer? The easiest way I've found is to prop it up on something that is head height, set the timer, and stand in front of it.

Well, actually, that's the second easiest way. The easiest way is to ask someone to help - but people do think you're a little strange when you ask for a photo of your the back of your head ;)

-- Natalie

artemis
March 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM
I take my pictures in my bathroom and the picture is actually the reflection in the mirror. I use a handheld mirror to see the screen on my camera to make sure my hair is in the frame and then drop the handheld mirror before snapping the shot. If you don't have a camera with a preview screen, that would be hard to do, though. Some people who take their pictures in the mirror hold the camera over their head.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 07:58 PM
bribe your kids, mother, hubby, neighbour to take one!

Feisty Redhead
March 21st, 2008, 08:40 PM
The self-timer (if your camera has one) is your best friend. That or a mirror - just make sure if you go the mirror route to do it in a brightly lit room and not use the flash.