PDA

View Full Version : The fall/winter stall group

lora410
October 22nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
OK, so I think I am going through a FS (fall stall) no 100% sure yet but so far this month I haven't seen any growth.I do usually go through one. I do a spurt growth of 1" a month for several months and then stall. I figured this would be great for all of us frustrated stallers.

Ohio Sky
October 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
my hair seems to have slowed down a little. It's still growing (darn roots) but not as much as during the summer. It doesn't make sense, it seems like we should grow more in the winter. :confused:

Angelica
October 22nd, 2008, 04:49 PM
I've heard it said before that hair grows quicker in the summer months than in the winter.

Darkhorse1
October 22nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I thought my growth had slowed down, but I don't think it has. I went through a mega growth spurt in August/Sept, so I expected a slow down at some point.

suicides_eve
October 23rd, 2008, 02:33 PM
ah yes, I have hit the fall stall too. Not fun at all:( first it started with un godly amounts of shedding now there little to no growth:rolleyes:. I will be so excited when I can get over this little bump in the road. so close to reach my goals too:doh: it's taking forever and a day to get there..

jojo
October 23rd, 2008, 05:22 PM
OK, so I think I am going through a FS (fall stall) no 100% sure yet but so far this month I haven't seen any growth.I do usually go through one. I do a spurt growth of 1" a month for several months and then stall. I figured this would be great for all of us frustrated stallers.

hi there Lora if my memory serves me right, didn't you go through this, this time last year? was it you?

my hair it seems grows quicker in colder weather, I know I went from shoulders to APL in 4 months last year. Hope I get this again and I hope your stall lasts only a short time.

I have been on a stall since July-ish and totally understand how frustrating it is, but on the plus side you have had excellent growth so far!

lora410
October 24th, 2008, 08:35 AM
hi there Lora if my memory serves me right, didn't you go through this, this time last year? was it you?

my hair it seems grows quicker in colder weather, I know I went from shoulders to APL in 4 months last year. Hope I get this again and I hope your stall lasts only a short time.

I have been on a stall since July-ish and totally understand how frustrating it is, but on the plus side you have had excellent growth so far!

yup it was me that stalls this time of year. I have had great growth from apl to past bsl in 4 months so I shouldn't be complaining :lol:

harley mama
October 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
My hair doesn't usually stall in winter. This year may be different though.
I will be curious to see how it does since I finished chemo. That seems
to have changed all of my body rhythms.

jojo
October 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
yup it was me that stalls this time of year. I have had great growth from apl to past bsl in 4 months so I shouldn't be complaining :lol:
See how far you have come? at least you know you follow a pattern with stalls and that there is light at the end of the tunnel, who knows BSL to waist in 4 months.

jojo
November 12th, 2008, 05:30 PM
yup it was me that stalls this time of year. I have had great growth from apl to past bsl in 4 months so I shouldn't be complaining :lol: seems we have opposite growth spurts and yet such similar hair types, at least you know when my growth spurt stops, yours will soon start!

I am coming to the opinion that as long as we get the avarage 6" a year, we are doing ok!

~GypsyCurls~
November 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I've also heard that hair grows faster in the summer, but I forget why. I'm glad my hair just reached the top of my waist (when wet/straightened) before I hit the fall stall! :D

HeartofHaleth
December 4th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Digging up this thread in case anyone wants to commiserate with me. My hair hasn't grown a lick the past few months; I know because it stopped juuuuuust shy of the next milestone. About three weeks of normal growth would probably get me there. Anyways, I'm just hanging in there and waiting 'til it decides to start up again. Anybody else in a stall atm?

Mrstran
December 4th, 2016, 09:38 AM
I haven't had that yet but I'm sure I must have sometime before, it just went unnoticed since I've never paid any attention.

I'm wondering.. If we wore one of those self heating / tin foil looking / conditioning treatment caps (sorry I don't know how to explain the thing) under our winter hats all winter, would our hair continue to grow?

JadeTigress
December 4th, 2016, 10:17 AM
My hair is stalling, too. It always does once it starts getting cold outside, and I start shedding massively on top of it. During the summer my hair grows like a weed, I just wash it once or twice a week and it's pretty much just benign neglect after that. But I'm hoping my stall will lessen some with some extra TLC, so I'm going back to the routine that worked like a charm for me a few years ago when I was having a MASSIVE shed. I just ordered some new CV shampoo bars (which should be here Tuesday), and I'll use those a couple times a week with an ACV rinse and a post wash inverted massage and oiling with Wild Growth hair oil. Hopefully that'll be enough to kickstart some of the growth again.

lunalocks
December 4th, 2016, 10:20 AM
I've stalled too. My usual gain per year is 6 inches. This past year it has been 4, and I have stalled at 52 for the past 4 months. I am sure it is fall out, not breakage. I'm wondering if I'm at terminal :(

MegHan-Solo
December 7th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I ALWAYS stall in the winter too, but I read somewhere that it can be to do with vitamin D deficiency, and the supplements I'm taking seem to have prevented the stall this year (I had to take them anyway because I have colitis, they are vitamin D and calcium tablets). I've noticed a similar trend with my nails which I usually cut once a week in the summer and every 2-3 weeks in the winter, now cutting every week in the winter, so I'm pretty sure it's not just my imagination!

Cg
December 7th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I haven't had that yet but I'm sure I must have sometime before, it just went unnoticed since I've never paid any attention.

I'm wondering.. If we wore one of those self heating / tin foil looking / conditioning treatment caps (sorry I don't know how to explain the thing) under our winter hats all winter, would our hair continue to grow?

I don't know, but how embarrassing to look like those nutbags who think foil hats protect them from others' brainwaves or whatever. (They have a point though; no brainwaves appear to exist around them.)

Rebeccalaurenxx
December 7th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I think I am in a stall too. Bleh.

Katia_k
December 7th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I'm in a stall that's been going on for months. But at least I've stopped the scary shedding I was getting over the summer...I was losing small chunks of hair every time I styled it.

I'm hoping that since my stall seems to have been during the summer, that this means my hair hates summer as much as I do, and it will flourish through the winter. Also started taking a hair vitamin and a multivitamin, so perhaps my body will accept this and properly direct its energies. I've been at BSL for....years, and I'm starting to get scared this is just as long as my hair's going to go, and now that I have my sights set on waist, this just makes me so sad.

So come on snow, be the magical hair tonic I need.

ThatOneMermaid
December 7th, 2016, 07:18 PM
I thiiiink I might be at a stall? I'm just now getting back into LHC and long hair care in general after about 2 years (stress with school caused me to forgo caring about my hair, so I didn't brush it for a good 4-6 days and I absolutely could not get the tangles out for the life of me; I spent at least 4 hours into the early morning to try and save my hair to no avail, so I had to get about 5 inches cut off [it's a miracle it wasn't more than that]). My hair's at my hips now but I have a loooot of S&Ding to do and a lot more to read back up on and get myself back into this. After that unfortunate incident a couple years ago ('unfortunate' is an understatement; I was devastated), I sort of gave up on growing my hair out to classic+. On the plus side, I've sort of just been letting it grow, and get trims occasionally, so now it's back to where it used to be, but as I said, I have quite a bit of work to do with my hair as I get back into purposefully trying to grow it out. I also haven't measured it in so long, so I'll make it a point to do that sometime soon, but it just doesn't look like it's growing past hip length :(

turtlelover
December 7th, 2016, 07:22 PM
Yeah, definitely a bit of a stall going on here, too, though I've had an injured heel and haven't exercised like normal, so maybe that is the cause and not the time of year.

Annalouise
December 7th, 2016, 07:25 PM
I've stalled too. My usual gain per year is 6 inches. This past year it has been 4, and I have stalled at 52 for the past 4 months. I am sure it is fall out, not breakage. I'm wondering if I'm at terminal :(

What is FTL? Do you have 52" of hair length!? Holy Molly!!!;) I want to know what you eat for breakfast!

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2016, 12:15 AM
I havent noticed any growth since august-september. I guess it might be the bleached, damaged ends breaking off, it a stall. I had one before about two years ago when I felt my hair wasnt growing and then suddenly it was like 6 inches past my BC lol

parkmikii
December 8th, 2016, 12:42 AM
What is FTL? Do you have 52" of hair length!? Holy Molly!!!;) I want to know what you eat for breakfast!

FingerTip Length :D

Arctic
December 8th, 2016, 05:02 AM
I don't usually get stalls, my hair is generally the type that pushed out that 1 cm per month like a clockwork. But the past summer I did went through a several months long period of practically no (or extremely slow) growth. It has since started to grow again. I was sort of surprised that it stalled during the summer, often people say it's their best growth season!

Decoy24601
December 8th, 2016, 07:05 AM
I'm definitely in a stall. My hair was growing about 1.25" a month reliably for about 6 months and now I'm squeaking out about .25" a month, if that. I've started taking some Vitamin D along with my multivitamin to see if that helps.

Mrstran
January 24th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Since Ive actually been paying attention to growth this year, Ive noticed that my hair does stall in the winter months. Since December first I've gained 1 cm.

Does hair growth in the spring/summer/early fall make up for the winter stall?

Sorry. I really didn't mean to sound like Dr Seuss there. :shrug:

Gothic
January 26th, 2017, 04:48 AM
I'm stalling since December and it makes me so sad :( My hair grew so nicely until winter.

Stub
January 26th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Ah! Stall! I was wondering why my hair seemed to just STOP when I am only an inch from waist, for months now. I've even been taking vit D this winter for the first time ever, although not every day because I'm not used to vitamins and I forget a lot. Maybe I need an actual multivitamin though.

Agnes Hannah
January 26th, 2017, 09:51 AM
I am recovering after a shed in Oct/Nov which worried me immensely. I started taking vitamins again, and this seems to be helping. My hair definitely grows slower in wintertime, but it is still growing thank goodness. Can't wait til spring as I'm hoping for classic!