PDA

View Full Version : Do any celebrities with long hair NOT have extensions?

turtlelover
December 20th, 2016, 10:57 PM
Do any celebrities with long hair NOT have extensions? Everyone's hair looks fake to me lately. Or, am I just imagining that the percentages of people with fake hair in Hollywood are as high as they are? I can understand that some people legitimately NEED extensions, but it seems like a lot of people are just too lazy to grow their own hair.

Wildcat Diva
December 20th, 2016, 11:01 PM
I would think that repeated professional styling of hair, of movie stars at least, and would wreak havoc on long hair and most normal textured hair could not take that and weather well in terms of hair past waist.

Repeated heat, blowouts, straightening, curling, hairspray... *shudders*

Aunty Miki
December 20th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Maybe, I don't want to be a TV or movie actor, after all. It would kill my hair.

Nique1202
December 21st, 2016, 05:15 AM
Actors also often have to cut their hair for roles. Sometimes they can use a wig but it's usually easier (and always cheaper) to use the actor's own hair instead if they're willing. So, they sometimes use extensions to bring their hair back to its more familiar level before, say, red carpet appearances. Some actors will keep their shorter hair as a statement (like Shailene Woodley did) but often I think they're pressured into looking the same as they did before whichever role because fans are so obsessed with appearances. Hollywood is all about the illusion, after all.

Chromis
December 21st, 2016, 06:32 AM
I would assume most if not all do. Even if they didn't, remember they have stylists and whatnot on set to make sure they look consistent from scene to scene!

Deborah
December 21st, 2016, 11:29 AM
I'm sure many of them grow their hair naturally just like we do.

thirstylocks
December 21st, 2016, 11:31 AM
Holly MArie combs always had beautiful hair

Pumpkin3826
December 21st, 2016, 12:38 PM
I notice a lot of the times they will cut their hair then magically have long hair the next month. It seems unfair! :rolleyes:

lapushka
December 21st, 2016, 12:53 PM
I notice a lot of the times they will cut their hair then magically have long hair the next month. It seems unfair! :rolleyes:

Yes, the magic of the movies. ;)