PDA

View Full Version : razor cut

EliseMarie
December 19th, 2016, 06:26 AM
I am planning on joining the no trimming 2017 group. At the moment, I feel fine with my hair. It's short but the last time I got it trimmed she used a razor on it. I am wondering if I should just get the ends nipped with scissors before Jan. 1st since I won't be able to trim again for a year. I am thinking maybe the razored ends will get frizzy or split if I don't. Honestly, I am not able to tell at the moment. Just thinking ahead.........

lapushka
December 19th, 2016, 06:48 AM
If your razored ends are fine (no white dots and no splits), then just leave it be. There is *no* sense in cutting good hair off, razored or not. And you *can* S&D on the no-trimming threads, so there is no need to trim prior to that.

EliseMarie
December 19th, 2016, 06:54 AM
Thanks lapushka! Makes perfect sense :) My ends are fine with no white dots and no splits, so here I go!! :)

lapushka
December 19th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Thanks lapushka! Makes perfect sense :) My ends are fine with no white dots and no splits, so here I go!! :)

Good luck to you! :D I hope it continues to go well! :)

Kake
December 19th, 2016, 08:36 AM
IMO curls should be blunt cut, or they will frizz. I had my hair razored once (not that I asked for that) and it went very frizzy. I can't really remember if that was straight way, or after a few weeks. But it was horrible, just a big messy frizz.

EliseMarie
December 21st, 2016, 04:50 AM
IMO curls should be blunt cut, or they will frizz. I had my hair razored once (not that I asked for that) and it went very frizzy. I can't really remember if that was straight way, or after a few weeks. But it was horrible, just a big messy frizz.

This is what I was worried about :(