PDA

View Full Version : The LONG road back...

kaiakai
December 17th, 2016, 03:32 AM
A couple years ago I found myself yet again debating whether to dread my hair (again). I finally went for it, and was over the moon when my then 7 year old, who had never seen me with dreads in real life, said to me, "You look like mommy again!" However, as time went on and my dreads started losing length and evolving, I fell into a love-hate relationship with them, because they didn't form the way I had wanted them to. One day my boyfriend mentioned offhand that he would prefer me with "normal" hair, and I finally decided to start combing them out. A couple weeks later (having kept a few dreads as a compromise) I got my hair styled for the first time in I don't know how many years (possibly decades!) to compensate for the damage done. It actually was not that bad- yes, I lost quite a bit of length, and as it seems, some of the thickness. But now, the rehabilitation continues..... I've now combed all but one dread out and now working on coaxing the length and thickness back.

If I can figure out how to post pictures here again, I might start documenting my progress again. :D:o (I just noticed all my old pictures are gone!??!)

lapushka
December 17th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Welcome back! :) Yes, the old pics are gone. You need to start re-building your albums, that's the only way. :)