PDA

View Full Version : Temple area white dots and splits -- Am I abnormal?

turtlelover
December 16th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I honestly can't find any splits in my hair except for right in front of my temples. I have these super fine, curly hairs that grow there and that seem to get white dots and snap off MUCH more easily than the rest of my hair, and I searched and destroyed a couple dozen of them today. Am I strange? Should I be putting extra oil on these areas or something?

Anje
December 16th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Do you wear glasses? Hinges can be rough on already-fragile hairs there.

Otherwise, I'm not sure. Those never grow very long on me and often seem like they grow slower too. I don't notice breakage there, but they likely have a short growth cycle on me.

lapushka
December 16th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Oh yep, temple hairs can be super baby-fine and they only have a cycle of a couple inches, but those are the very front bits only; but mine never had white dots... that's odd, though. Have you ever straightened there?

turtlelover
December 16th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Oh yep, temple hairs can be super baby-fine and they only have a cycle of a couple inches, but those are the very front bits only; but mine never had white dots... that's odd, though. Have you ever straightened there?

No, but it is possible that there is a touch of demi dye damage there from before I switched to henna. Time will tell! The rest of my hair looks very healthy. I only straighten my bangs because I am pretty sure that regular use of a straightener would turn my hair to straw.

lapushka
December 16th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Hmm, maybe it's the dye. It couldn't be the straightener if it's nowhere near those hairs...