PDA

View Full Version : Please help i found a bottle of oil and I'm not sure how to use it

Browneyedbelle9
December 16th, 2016, 03:48 AM
Okay guys, so my hair is an inch or so from waist and I found a bottle of extra virgin olive oil cold pressed in my pantry I have never oiled my hair in my life properly only deep conditions my hair is feeling dry knotty and my scalp is itchy what will the oil do to my hair can I use it warm what sort of results would I get or shall I jus deep condition instead?

Browneyedbelle9
December 16th, 2016, 03:50 AM
I don't want to damage my hair or make it very greasy I was going to follow through with my regular shampoo and conditioner

Borgessa
December 16th, 2016, 04:02 AM
I have been using extra virgin coconut oil.. you just put a tiny dot on your palm, and rub your hands together and dsburse through the length of your hair, not the roots.

lapushka
December 16th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Depends on how you want to use it. Pre-poo, or as a "serum" on damp hair after washing (just a few drops spread through palms and rubbed over the lengths or scrunched in). I'd avoid "greasing" the scalp unless you want to wash your hair a few times if you use it as a pre-poo.

There's plenty of information out there on how to use an oil.

How do you want to use it?

Anje
December 16th, 2016, 11:29 AM
First of all, be forewarned that in my experience, olive oil is more prone to making hair look greasy than most oils. It makes hair feel nice enough (best oil I've found for making my hair feel soft and supple), but hitting the sweet spot is harder.

Like Borgessa said, probably the easiest method would be to dip a finger, make a spot with it on your other palm, then wipe your finger off. Rub your hands together and then smooth them over your ends and length. If you do it right, it won't be particularly noticeable, but maybe a little less poofy/frizzy/voluminous. Don't be tempted to put more on the first time, if you're planning to leave it in.

Now if you want to do more of a deep treatment before a wash (say, the night before), it's a great time to experiment with how much you can put in before it looks oily. Do it a drop at a time and keep track. Even then, don't get your hair really oily with it, just enough so it's clumpy. If you put in tons of it, you're just going to have more washing to do the next morning.

For scalp oiling, I like a bit on my fingertips and run them along my scalp under the hair. But not all scalps like oil and some shed heavily or are irritated by it -- give it a try, but don't feel like you need to keep doing it if it doesn't work for you personally. I only rarely do it, and I'm prone to my scalp feeling dry and tight if I shampoo much.