PDA

View Full Version : Classic by Christmas 2017!

vampyyri
December 14th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Felt the need to put up one of these threads, since according the the most recent poll: link! (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140321) a lot of us are at hip/tailbone range at the moment! ...which means the next goal marker is classic!

I would love for this to flourish into a thread for those of us reaching for this goal!! Can we do it by Christmas? Only time will tell!

So for starters:

What's your ultimate goal length?
Where are you length-wise now?
What's your average growth per year?

So excited to reach this with you guys! :happydance:

vampyyri
December 14th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I'll start:
Classic, then Fingertip if my terminal allows me.

A bit past BCL!

I grow about .75" a month on average, so about 9". I'm currently at 35.75" inches, so 9" would put me at 44.75", when CL is about 41-42" on me! (not accounting for stalls, spurts, possible terminals and such)

Brattina88
December 14th, 2016, 08:31 PM
Classic/BCL :D

Hip

Not sure! :)

parkmikii
December 15th, 2016, 12:48 AM
I suppose I'm in :D
Not sure yet, but maybe thigh if it looks OK and it's manageable.

Really close to TBL, about a month away.

Spot on 6 inches.I've had a shed recently so I had to trim a little bit but I hope I'll be able to reach it ^^

lapushka
December 15th, 2016, 04:28 AM
I am hip now, so classic by the end of 2017? IDK. Seems like it would have to grow *lots*. If I reach TBL, maybe, somewhere between TBL & classic, that would be awesome already, but I am willing to give it a shot, if it's not totally unrealistic. Ah, goals. ;)

Nique1202
December 15th, 2016, 04:34 AM
I think I'm going to join this thread and keep my fingers crossed again for 2017. I didn't make it in 2016 (I wouldn't have made it even if I hadn't trimmed) but now I'm only 5 inches away when stretched, and that seems reasonably attainable if I don't stress myself into another stall.

I want to hit knee length at least once in my life or find the length past which I'm no longer happy or hit terminal, whichever comes first.

Tailbone! 35 inches stretched, a bit less when I let it wurl. Classic is at 40 inches.

I have no idea anymore! I used to get 9 inches per year, but then stress and the late-20s hormone shift made my metabolism freak out. I stopped growing for 3 months entirely, then started only getting 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month. Now I've gone back to 3/4 inch per month since August but I don't know if that's just a temporary spurt or if I'm genuinely back to my old growth rate.

Ellethwyn
December 15th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Yaaay! Yes, I am hoping to reach classic by next December! Classic is 7 inches away for me, so I hope by babying my ends and no trims I will make it!

Thigh

Just past bcl.

6.75 inches

Decoy24601
December 15th, 2016, 09:05 PM
Count me in! I expect to hit classic sometime during the Summer (or maybe sooner?).

What's your ultimate goal length? Somewhere around mid-thigh.
Where are you length-wise now? TBL+, about 2.5" away from classic.
What's your average growth per year? Per year? I don't know, but my hair grows anywhere from .25-1.25" per month, depending on if I'm in a stall or not and maybe the seasons.

Simsy
December 16th, 2016, 04:32 AM
What the heck, let me in. Classic by Xmas would be awesome.

What's your ultimate goal?
Classic, actually...or wherever I remember to start trimming again. I am really bad with remembering to trim.

What length are you now?
Inch to TBL when dry stretched, just at hip with curls

Not sure but I did manage waist to hip (about 5-7 inch) in a year so...about average.

Wildcat Diva
December 16th, 2016, 06:04 AM
I can try this.

Ultimate goal: don't really have one, but I would like thickness to travel down at some point, so a short trim or two may get in the way of a length goal anytime soon. Let's just say knee for now.

Length now? Around tailbone.

Yearly average? About average.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/32C19FD3-1AC4-45E1-8247-1161C3F5EA33_zps5e8rnfva.png

lapushka
December 16th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Looking good, WD! :thumbsup:

Wildcat Diva
December 16th, 2016, 06:58 AM
Thank you! I like black shirts for length shots cause ends are very see through, haha.

That photo was taken 11/25/16, so it will represent a starting place to chart 13 months of growth to get to Dec 25 2017.

lapushka
December 16th, 2016, 07:02 AM
Thank you! I like black shirts for length shots cause ends are very see through, haha.

That photo was taken 11/25/16, so it will represent a starting place to chart 13 months of growth to get to Dec 25 2017.

I think I trimmed around that time! So yes, a starting place it is!!! :D I doubt I'll get to classic next year, though, TBL seems like it's nice and manageable, but we can all dream. ;)

vampyyri
December 16th, 2016, 08:40 AM
I can try this.

Ultimate goal: don't really have one, but I would like thickness to travel down at some point, so a short trim or two may get in the way of a length goal anytime soon. Let's just say knee for now.

Length now? Around tailbone.

Yearly average? About average.
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/janineevans/32C19FD3-1AC4-45E1-8247-1161C3F5EA33_zps5e8rnfva.png

:thud: It's looking really lovely! Excited to have you here!!

Nique1202
December 16th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Yeah, Wildcat Diva, you're definitely close! I should try to get a good length pic after I wash this afternoon. Maybe get one damp/straight today, then set it overnight in a french braid, and take another with full braid waves tomorrow for maximum visible shrinkage to see how far I have yet to go at the longest and the shortest it gets on a regular basis.

RebekahE
December 16th, 2016, 10:17 AM
Joining! I joined the one last year but I was being a bit to optimistic.
What's your ultimate goal length? Classic and then fingertip (which is almost mid-thigh on me) to prove that I can grow my hair back out long. Everyone seems to think it will never be as long as it was when I was little. I intend to prove them wrong.
Where are you length-wise now? Bcl+
What's your average growth per year? Probably about 6 inches.

Marika
December 17th, 2016, 02:32 AM
I'm joining too! :)

Ultimate goal length: Don't really have one. It seems like I always get an urge to cut when I reach tailbone. This time I try to fight against it and actually go longer!:cheese: But I might cut it back as soon as I reach classic. I love extreme lengths on others but they are not necessarily for me (we'll see!).
Length now: around tailbone
Average growth per year: 12 cm so that's 4.72 inches

Here's my starting pic (taken December 17th 2016). I had my daughter 6 weeks ago so I'm obviously also interested to see whether I get any post-partum shedding (didn't get any 3 years ago when I had my son, so here's hoping!).

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25553&d=1481965865

lapushka
December 17th, 2016, 02:50 AM
Congratulations on your baby girl, Marika. Your hair looks lovely! Here's to hoping you can get to classic without cutting it off again. :) :thumbsup:

Nique1202
December 17th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Marked off approximately where classic and BCL are, going by the proportion of the lines on the pyjama pants. (I could be dead wrong but oh well.)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25554&d=1481984780

I definitely feel like I'm getting close, at least when my hair is wet and/or if I don't dry it in the full braid waves. So exciting to think I could feel hair on my thighs without it just being sheds by the end of the year.

Cass
December 17th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Wow i'd love to be Classic by Christmas! Not sure it will happen though, but a girl can dream right?

What's your ultimate goal length? For now classic, but i'm sure that will change when/if i get there :P

A few cm above BCL

This year was around 4 inch, hopefully can get it to be a little better next year :)

lapushka
December 17th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Marked off approximately where classic and BCL are, going by the proportion of the lines on the pyjama pants. (I could be dead wrong but oh well.)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25554&d=1481984780

I definitely feel like I'm getting close, at least when my hair is wet and/or if I don't dry it in the full braid waves. So exciting to think I could feel hair on my thighs without it just being sheds by the end of the year.

You're between hip & TBL. Should be do-able! :) If you get good growth and you don't trim, at all.

Nique1202
December 17th, 2016, 09:05 AM
You're between hip & TBL. Should be do-able! :) If you get good growth and you don't trim, at all.

Well, this year I've only had about 5 inches of growth total, 5.5 as a generous estimate. I'm much further from classic with braid waves than 5 inches, so I won't make it to visibly classic regularly in 2017 unless I magically grow a foot of hair, but yes, it seems likely that I can get there at least when wet and stretched, and MAYBE when air dried as I get less shrinkage that way than full french braid waves. But, I can't commit to no trims or I'll drive myself into another stall and shed. Not everyone has your patience.

(I don't like to think in terms of hip-to-tbl though. Right now my wet hair is at the level of my tailbone, and hip is about 6 inches higher so talking about it being in that range makes me feel like my hair is much shorter than it really is and I get really self-conscious about that lately, especially since I had to trim and fail to make classic this year.)

Ellethwyn
December 17th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Wow, Marika! Gorgeous hair!!

lapushka
December 18th, 2016, 04:15 AM
Well, this year I've only had about 5 inches of growth total, 5.5 as a generous estimate. I'm much further from classic with braid waves than 5 inches, so I won't make it to visibly classic regularly in 2017 unless I magically grow a foot of hair, but yes, it seems likely that I can get there at least when wet and stretched, and MAYBE when air dried as I get less shrinkage that way than full french braid waves. But, I can't commit to no trims or I'll drive myself into another stall and shed. Not everyone has your patience.

(I don't like to think in terms of hip-to-tbl though. Right now my wet hair is at the level of my tailbone, and hip is about 6 inches higher so talking about it being in that range makes me feel like my hair is much shorter than it really is and I get really self-conscious about that lately, especially since I had to trim and fail to make classic this year.)

I do have patience. That I do have! :) Not that it's that extra-ordinary. ;)

I hope you get there, though! :D

likelikepenny
December 19th, 2016, 03:16 AM
I've been debating whether or not to join this thread. I'm not even to waist yet but my hair grows at a fast rate (1.25-1.5 in. a month) and I'll be trying some new things in my regimen this year. I'm participating in No Trim 2017, so hopefully I can make it. I don't think it hurts to try though :D

likelikepenny
December 19th, 2016, 03:17 AM
Realistically though, I'll probably be at "can i call this classic?"

MidnightMoon
December 19th, 2016, 03:19 AM
I could do it if my hair grows steadily and all :/
For some reason I feel my butt is extra large looking at other's estimate of how long they need from around hip to classic lol

likelikepenny
December 19th, 2016, 06:46 AM
For some reason I feel my butt is extra large looking at other's estimate of how long they need from around hip to classic lol

I'm also "well endowed" in that area so it's a little iffy as to whether I'll actually get there this year lol

MidnightMoon
December 19th, 2016, 06:51 AM
I'm also "well endowed" in that area so it's a little iffy as to whether I'll actually get there this year lol

Hahaha loved your choice of words.
We'll see, I guess.
What comforts me is knowing that at least knee will be closer than for others :p

Nique1202
December 19th, 2016, 07:37 AM

I don't know about anyone else, but I have almost the shortest physically possible torso for my height. I'm 5'2" and my legs are literally 50% of my height, but that also means that milestones along the torso are so much less impressive because my body is so squished that the bottom of my ribcage almost touches the tops of my hip bones. (I'm not kidding, I have trouble bending sideways because of it, and I only had 3 inches between BSL and hip length.) So, you can take comfort in that your hair will be more impressively long at classic than those of us with shortened measurements, if that helps.

MidnightMoon
December 19th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but I have almost the shortest physically possible torso for my height. I'm 5'2" and my legs are literally 50% of my height, but that also means that milestones along the torso are so much less impressive because my body is so squished that the bottom of my ribcage almost touches the tops of my hip bones. (I'm not kidding, I have trouble bending sideways because of it, and I only had 3 inches between BSL and hip length.) So, you can take comfort in that your hair will be more impressively long at classic than those of us with shortened measurements, if that helps.

Hehe you do have a point there, I mean, the length of the hair *will* be there, whether by bum extends indefinitely or not hahah
I also see what you mean, by comparing your hair reaching certain marks to someone elses whose body is distributed differently.
I hope my hair helps cover up some of that greatness too, though. Just an additional benefit of classic :p

vampyyri
December 19th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Chiming in with the super short torso, big rump and amazon legs club :lol: My upper body markers were not a problem (went from WL to BCL in 6 months), but my rumpus is going to cause an issue... for reference 35" is BCL for me (I'm a bit below now I believe, idk haven't checked in a while)... Classic is about 42-ish" so I have 7" of butt to cover :lol: I'm 5'9" for reference.

MidnightMoon
December 19th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Im between 5'6 and 5'7 and feel like I have a foot of bum hahaha

Wildcat Diva
December 19th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Huge ass is a problem I am having with this next goal.

RebekahE
December 19th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Lol, you guys! Big butt is a problem I don't have . . . yet. I have a hard time finding jeans that fit that area without being baggy. I am relatively tall. 5'7 1/4" to be exact. Most of my height is in my legs.

vampyyri
December 19th, 2016, 08:58 AM
It's funny how those of us with bigger rumps are looking to cover it with hair... I can imagine it now:

"Does my hair make my butt look big" :lol:

MidnightMoon
December 19th, 2016, 09:11 AM
It's funny how those of us with bigger rumps are looking to cover it with hair... I can imagine it now:

"Does my hair make my butt look big" :lol:

Or... making sure our hemline is thick by that area so that it doesnt cause the opposite effect, of too thin hair against a wide background hahah

pailin
December 19th, 2016, 09:12 AM
I would join, but I think tailbone is a more realistic goal for me.... I​ may make it stretched but I like to call milestones unstretched. About BCL right now, but very average growth (and I'm taller than some of you), and I need to trim an inch or so at New Year's. But if I get a growth spurt I might come and join.

likelikepenny
December 19th, 2016, 09:17 AM

I'm 4'10 and hip for me is only 20 inches. My lower body expanse is great lol

Cg
December 19th, 2016, 09:41 AM
Happy growing, all of you! No way I could join you, but in a way I'm not really eager for classic because even though I'm a scrawny mini-bum 5'6", my femurs are so ludicrously long I will probably die of advanced old age in the abyss between classic and knee. An arcaheologist finding just my femurs would expect me to be at least 6'2".

I do get a kick out of the "does this hemline make me look fat" talk though! You're delightful, and may you all reach your goals!

Nique1202
December 19th, 2016, 12:45 PM
Chiming in with the super short torso, big rump and amazon legs club :lol: My upper body markers were not a problem (went from WL to BCL in 6 months), but my rumpus is going to cause an issue... for reference 35" is BCL for me (I'm a bit below now I believe, idk haven't checked in a while)... Classic is about 42-ish" so I have 7" of butt to cover :lol: I'm 5'9" for reference.

I have 8 inches of bum (BCL at 32", CL at 40") so I wouldn't call 7 very big at all, especially if you're taller than me. It would just look more proportional I think, at least in height! :blossom:

I'm 4'10 and hip for me is only 20 inches. My lower body expanse is great lol

Yeah, my hip length is 29 inches from the front hairline, most people are only reaching BSL at that length and still have like 6 inches to go until hip, meanwhile that same 6 inches further takes me to full tailbone. lol

Happy growing, all of you! No way I could join you, but in a way I'm not really eager for classic because even though I'm a scrawny mini-bum 5'6", my femurs are so ludicrously long I will probably die of advanced old age in the abyss between classic and knee. An arcaheologist finding just my femurs would expect me to be at least 6'2".

Yeah, my classic-to-knee is a full 12 inches. My legs are as long as the average person's at 5'6" even though I'm only 5'2. So weird, how bodies can be proportioned so differently. But I'm sure you can make it through the abyss! (...as long as your genes cooperate and don't give you a terminal length first...)

ipickee
December 19th, 2016, 12:57 PM
If only this were a Classic by Christmas 2018 thread!

Cg
December 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Yeah, my classic-to-knee is a full 12 inches. My legs are as long as the average person's at 5'6" even though I'm only 5'2. So weird, how bodies can be proportioned so differently. But I'm sure you can make it through the abyss! (...as long as your genes cooperate and don't give you a terminal length first...)

It's almost 23" for me (as I said, ludicrous) so everyone in the world will reach knee before me. I have gotten nearly to knee before but always chopped, so if I live to be 145 I could make it. (OK, a sliiiight exaggeration.)

Vanilla
December 19th, 2016, 06:34 PM
Joined! I joined the classic by Christmas 2016, and I'm still at TBL. Hoping another year will bring me at classic, my final goal length.

vampyyri
January 1st, 2017, 09:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7O1CSXL.jpg

My starting point for this year, a bit past BCL, creeping up on TBL... really hoping I can reach CL this year!! :pray:
(picture is cropped at CL)

maborosi
January 1st, 2017, 10:25 PM
I will be well beyond classic, but not quite knee. Probably mid-thigh length. But I'd still like to join this thread anyway!

My hair is currently around ~41". I am just a few months from having solidly classic length hair.

Ellethwyn
January 1st, 2017, 10:29 PM
Oh, I know how you are feeling, vampyyri! I have just under 7 inches to Classic! I grew something like 6.75 inches this year. I *think* I can totally make it to classic by Christmas, at least i hope so!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/488/31735672136_b4e103ac34_z.jpg

Xan
January 2nd, 2017, 12:49 AM
I'm on board I'm at tailbone now going for classic. Funny I thought waist was my limit but who knows I may want longer like knee or more if I can make it.

Xan
January 2nd, 2017, 12:53 AM
Your hair looks lovely.

Krytta
January 3rd, 2017, 02:56 AM
Oh i'm in :o I should hopefully be at classic by then!!

whats your ultimate goal length?
well it funnily enough keeps changing lol but i've wanted to get to classic length for quite awhile.
Classic is 40 inches on me.
Depending on if i actually reach classic and if i like it, will determine if i strive for knee length.

where are you length-wise now?
I'm 34.5 inches. By the end of this month i should be 35 inches which means tailbone length yay!!!

whats your average growth per year?
well i've only started measuring my hair with a tape measure since July 2016 and i average 0.5inches a month.
I'm guessing i'm average around 6 inches a year?!

Boadicea
January 3rd, 2017, 03:21 AM
Yaaay, I'm joining this thread as well! I am hoping to reach classic by the end of next December! Classic is about 7 inches away for me, so I hope I will make it with regular head massages and taking very good care of my ends!

Knee

TBL

Don't know. Between 1.5-2 cm per month

Rhodugune
January 3rd, 2017, 08:47 AM
So it would be amazing to be one of you that reach classic this year as I have been hanging around TBL/classic for years now as I have had to keep trimming back due to mechanical damage, first from not really knowing how to care for long hair and then from the damage wearing my hair in a braid every night for about a year did to my hair.

It shouldn't be impossible for me to get there this year, but having thick healthy ends are more important to me than reaching classic, so if it means that I need to keep trimming regularly to keep them that way and not not getting to classic again this year I'm fine with that.

I honestly don't know, at this point I'm just going to let it grow for as long as I enjoy the length the updos I can do and it doesn't feel like it comes unmanageable to
me
My hair is between TBL and classic

My hair grows a bit on the slow side, I get between 4-5 inches a year if I don't trim which I know I will need to.

vampyyri
January 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM
So it would be amazing to be one of you that reach classic this year as I have been hanging around TBL/classic for years now as I have had to keep trimming back due to mechanical damage, first from not really knowing how to care for long hair and then from the damage wearing my hair in a braid every night for about a year did to my hair.

This was the post that made me create this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141154)... now I remember where I read it :lol:

I sleep with mine in a braid every night and haven't had an issue with damage... so that portion really spooked me :scared: I suppose it was a YMMV thing for you Rhodugune?

Aunty Miki
January 4th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Knee length, waist, 6"/year😊 if I don't trim it.

Rhodugune
January 4th, 2017, 05:17 PM
This was the post that made me create this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=141154)... now I remember where I read it :lol:

I sleep with mine in a braid every night and haven't had an issue with damage... so that portion really spooked me :scared: I suppose it was a YMMV thing for you Rhodugune?

I saw your thread before I saw this post and posted my experience with it and if you have slept with your hair in a braid for awhile and haven't seen any damage then I don't think you have to worry, I saw damage pretty soon after starting to do that, just didn't know it was from sleeping with my hair in a braid as that was suppose to be a protective hairstyle when sleeping.

Zesty
January 21st, 2017, 06:51 AM
In a fit of optimism, I shall join this thread!

My hair is shy of BCL right now, and my ultimate goal is classic. I don't know what my average growth is because I haven't measured, but this is my growth in 2016 with one trim (y'all will have to excuse my spamming of this picture, but it makes me happy):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25918&d=1484591087

I went from between BSL and waist to past hip. For reference, I'm 5'7". I would be over the moon to be at "can I call this classic?" by Christmas, but I am also in the "well-endowed rear" club, so we shall see.

hayheadsbird
January 21st, 2017, 06:58 PM
In a fit of optimism, I shall join this thread!

My hair is shy of BCL right now, and my ultimate goal is classic. I don't know what my average growth is because I haven't measured, but this is my growth in 2016 with one trim (y'all will have to excuse my spamming of this picture, but it makes me happy):

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25918&d=1484591087

I went from between BSL and waist to past hip. For reference, I'm 5'7". I would be over the moon to be at "can I call this classic?" by Christmas, but I am also in the "well-endowed rear" club, so we shall see.
Wow! That's def a goal growth :D fab pic

MidnightMoon
January 22nd, 2017, 03:41 PM
Taking a look at my back on the mirror today I realised it actually is likely that I will reach classic by the end of the year, which is weird considering I always thought it would look or feel longer to me at that length. I never wear pants, so I get to see my hair without touching any "markers" most of the time, and it doesn't really look long, but in my pjs you can clearly see it's about 6 or 7 inches until the end of my bottom, and it's already near tailbone.
I am happy it's growing, but I'm afraid every time it will feel short and I will pretty much never be content with the length, until it grows no more, because I doubt it will grow past knee, given my parents'hair, and hair type.

Ellethwyn
January 22nd, 2017, 06:31 PM
MidnightMoon, I feel the same about my hair. My original goal was tailbone. I'm finally at tbl, but it still does not feel very long to me. I used to think tbl looks very long and it still does look that way to me on other people. I now think classic will be perfect for me, but I do wonder if I will end up at knee. Maybe growing hair is just addicting for some ppl; )

dollhair
January 28th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I'm really hoping I can achieve this!! Right now I'm about an inch or two past tailbone length and I've maintained this length for a year and a few months with regular trims every two months. I know my hair is long but I feel that tbl looks short on me but long on other people?? It sounds so strange but I think my perception of my hair is so distorted. It never feels long enough lol. I measured today that classic length is only 7 inches away so I should be able to reach classic length by the end of this year or at least by summer 2018 if I do a trim or two. Good luck everyone we can do this!
What's your ultimate goal length? Knee length but if I can go longer with a nice blunt hemline I will!! I'm very curious to find out what my terminal length is though so terminal could be my goal.
Where are you length-wise now? An inch or two below tailbone length.
What's your average growth per year? 6-7 inches

Xan
January 28th, 2017, 11:18 PM
I'm with you at tailbone now so lets] get classic+

Rhodugune
February 8th, 2017, 08:36 AM
So it seems like it is Christmas already as my U-shaped hemline is at least partly at classic by now, so happy growing to all of you and I hope your Christmas will come early too! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26122&d=1486566224

vampyyri
February 8th, 2017, 10:38 AM
So it seems like it is Christmas already as my U-shaped hemline is at least partly at classic by now, so happy growing to all of you and I hope your Christmas will come early too! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26122&d=1486566224

:happydance::joy::cheer: congrats!!

We can only hope for an early christmas :p

Rhodugune
February 8th, 2017, 02:34 PM
:happydance::joy::cheer: congrats!!

We can only hope for an early christmas :p

Thank you! :flowers: And they do celebrate Christmas when it's summer in Australia, so maybe it's hair Christmas soon? :cheese:

lapushka
February 8th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Congrats! :D :cheer:

triumphator!
July 18th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Bumping this thread to see where everyone is! I have enjoyed spectating, despite not being anywhere close to classic by Christmas ;)

lapushka
July 18th, 2017, 08:10 AM
I think I'll be happy to reach TBL by Christmas this year. I cut off a chunk from classic to hip last November. I think maintaining classic for over a year just got to me. It was too much "hassle" trimming every 4 months. But good luck to all of you reaching classic this year. For me, I think it'll be 2018, instead of 2017. ;)

Nique1202
July 18th, 2017, 05:12 PM
I think I might just make it to classic-when-stretched by the end of the year. It's hard to get a good picture anymore but it feels like it's maybe within 2 inches of that achievement if I'm not leaning my head back and sabotaging my guesstimate when my hair's wet. I'd be happy with it for the purposes of this thread, though. Classic's classic.

Lady Katherine
July 18th, 2017, 09:02 PM
I'll join! I'm about 2 inches away from classic wet. I've been microtrimming lately, but I'm pretty happy with my ends so I'll trim in August and not after that for the rest of the year and see how close I get by Christmas!

leayellena
July 19th, 2017, 04:58 AM
hmm finding this thread brought back my ideas: class by x-mas? stretched - maybe, unstretch - no way. I am focusing on my taper and mechanical damage for now. not trimming 1/2 cm or 1/4", but still, a microtrim is needed. and patience of course. sweet jesus I am using my comb for years and I thought Iīd have some hair weakness or so... no, but my "supportive" family didnīt buy new combs for more than 20 years. Itīs a wonder how I have the half of the length of healthy hair! :O

Ellethwyn
July 19th, 2017, 03:32 PM
= / I don't think I will make it to classic by Christmas. I think I will be at least 2 inches shy, probably 3. I had a bout of breakage a month and a half ago.

Simsy
August 8th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I discovered this evening that I'm at TBL with braid waves. I think I might make classic dry, not just wet stretched. Bonus

dollhair
October 30th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I'm really hoping I can achieve this!! Right now I'm about an inch or two past tailbone length and I've maintained this length for a year and a few months with regular trims every two months. I know my hair is long but I feel that tbl looks short on me but long on other people?? It sounds so strange but I think my perception of my hair is so distorted. It never feels long enough lol. I measured today that classic length is only 7 inches away so I should be able to reach classic length by the end of this year or at least by summer 2018 if I do a trim or two. Good luck everyone we can do this!
What's your ultimate goal length? Knee length but if I can go longer with a nice blunt hemline I will!! I'm very curious to find out what my terminal length is though so terminal could be my goal.
Where are you length-wise now? An inch or two below tailbone length.
What's your average growth per year? 6-7 inches

I just reached classic two months earlier than expected! I hope the rest of you guys can reach your goals before the end of the year, good luck everybody<3

Lady Katherine
November 2nd, 2017, 09:45 PM
Christmas came early for me, hope it does for you guys as well!

CreatureBailey
November 7th, 2017, 05:00 PM
I'm in! I think my goal is term, I am about one inch away from classic and I don't know... 12 cm a year?

Avital88
November 10th, 2017, 11:50 AM
So I'm actually going to make my goal for 2017. I am 0.5 inch away from classic while wet, when dry I will need a full inch but we have 6 more weeks and I am sure I am going to make it if I throw in one more inversion method by the end of this month 😆 I'm so excited and never expected to actually get to this goal 😻

Nique1202
November 10th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I'm in basically the same position. I should be at classic when wet at the end of this month, at which point I'm going to call it done, wait until something close to mid-December, have a nice chop back to tailbone-ish to help get rid of the last of my layers, and have fresh ends and no more annoying braid shred for the holidays.

Simsy
November 10th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I discovered this evening that I'm at TBL with braid waves. I think I might make classic dry, not just wet stretched. Bonus

So I forgot that curl shrinkage happens. I have hit classic (wet) comfortably. But the curls are still stubbornly parked at tailbone and have been for a couple of months now. I need about 2-3 more inches of curly length to get down to where I want to be, so into No-Trim 2018 we go.

Nique1202
November 28th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I've made it. It's only while wet, and I'm planning an almost instant chop next week back to closer to tailbone to get rid of the most annoying part of my layers, but I've made it and that's what counts. I hope not too many of us have had to give up on it this year, but if you did, at least you tried, and there's always next year. I don't think I'll be participating in another length-goal challenge but good luck to any who are going to try again in 2018 or beyond. :blossom:

Forever
December 25th, 2017, 05:28 AM
So the time has finally come. Who made it and didn't tell us yet? :)

lapushka
December 25th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Hope you guys made it! :D I'm looking forward to this next year!