PDA

View Full Version : The Wet Curly Hair Look

M.McDonough
December 14th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Does anybody know how to get that look? It looks pretty cool.

I know that some people use gels and other products. But I don't have gels and I don't like 'em.

Thoughts?

OhSuzi
December 14th, 2016, 04:28 AM
Nope! - If your hair is naturally curly / wavy it'll look like that when it is actually wet - but obviously that will only last an hour or so as it dries - keep running to the bathroom every half hour to top up on wetness?
Sorry not much help - if you get a good answer though I'd be interested how to acheive it too - my experiments in general with hair gel are not usually successful.

XiaoBaiTu
December 14th, 2016, 05:39 AM
I'm kind of surprised that someone would want that look, but here's some of the things I've mistakenly done to my curly hair that have left it looking wet for hours:

-After wash, put too much oil on -- that one keeps it looking so wet that I only do it if it's going immediately into a braid
-Add too much curling cream when styling wet hair -- holds the curls and makes it shiny, so kind of wet-looking
-Style with the LOC method (in that order). If I style LCO it doesn't have this effect.

Again, kind of surprised that this is something people want to achieve! LOL. I've kept track of what does this so I can AVOID it . . . but hey, whatever you like!

Obsidian
December 14th, 2016, 05:40 AM
I did this in the 80's after a bad perm turned me into a poodle. The wet look was the only way I could wear it.
Unfortunately, you need some kind of product that has a strong hold to keep the hairs stuck together as it dries. I always used mousse and a lot of it. Hair will be crunchy but it will look good.

LadyCelestina
December 14th, 2016, 07:57 AM
Tbh I think this looks can be best achieved if you apply your styling products after you plop, raking them through with fingers then scrunching. It makes the hair look piecey.

lapushka
December 14th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Yeah, you'll have to use some kind of curling cream or gel (even a wet gel). Just make sure the gel is without alcohol. Eco Styler is pretty good, just don't overuse it or you'll get flaking (and it takes a *lot* to overuse that gel). There are plenty of wash 'n go videos on YT to instruct you on how to get your hair to look. Typically the gel is used in the LOC/LCO method. You use a little bit of leave-in, a serum or oil and a cream or gel. That's it. It surprises me a little how you've been on this forum for a while and have never even discovered this method. ;)