PDA

View Full Version : Any drugstore masks/deep conditioner recommendations?

turtlelover
December 13th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I will have a week of "down time" over the holidays, and I want to pick up some readily available but not SUPER expensive deep conditioners and/or masks to try on my hair during that time for a little bit of self pampering. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that I could find at a drugstore or Target vs. crazy expensive salon brands, though I might splurge for something extraordinary. Protein and/or cones are fine for my hair at the moment, so I'm pretty open about suggestions. Edit: I also have a Sally's nearby.

Frankenstein
December 13th, 2016, 10:01 PM
I really like Aussie 3MM Moist and the Garnier Whole Blends coconut & vanilla milk mask. Also, Hask makes some good treatments that come in little packets. You should be able to find them at Target or Walgreens.

Alissalocks
December 13th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Any of the Hask packets are easy to find at Target, about $2/packet and I like the scent of the macadamia best, after littlestarface recommended it to me. Argan is good, smells orangey, they're all good! I love love love them so much I hoard them.

animetor7
December 14th, 2016, 01:50 AM
I really like the Neutrogena triple moisture mask. I've used it as a deep conditioning mask before with good results, and I usually use it as the cream portion of my LOC after washing before my serum. :)

I also like all of the Organix masks I've tried.

Llama
December 14th, 2016, 02:17 AM
My HG deep conditioner is the Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment. I've been using it for a long time and nothing has come close to the results I get with that one. I think it's supposed to be the same stuff as what comes with box dye.
I don't dye my hair, however.

ETA: I get it at Sally's

Obsidian
December 14th, 2016, 05:43 AM
I second the hask packets. I've really liked all the ones I've tried and they smell great.

renia22
December 14th, 2016, 11:51 AM
My HG deep conditioner is the Feria Color Moisturizing Treatment. I've been using it for a long time and nothing has come close to the results I get with that one. I think it's supposed to be the same stuff as what comes with box dye.
I don't dye my hair, however.

ETA: I get it at Sally's

I was going to suggest the same thing..:)

ephemeri
December 14th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Shea Moisture! The manuka honey and mafura oil one. I also like the JBCO oil one though I had to stop using it because it increased my shedding (I think my hair doesn't like castor oil). Anyway, they're at Target (when they're well-stocked) and also seen it at Walgreen's and Wegman's if you're in the states. They smell divine and work wonderfully. They also happen to be silicone-free. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
December 14th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I love the Hask ones from Sally's. Waiting So Long sometimes sends some to me, as we don't have Sally's - (or Hask) in this country.

Vanilla
December 14th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Love the Hask conditioner packets too! I've gone back to my childhood deep conditioner favorite, Queen Helene cholesterol creme. It's become a little harder to find in the drugstore lately. I get mine on Amazon now.

lapushka
December 15th, 2016, 04:31 AM
I think *any* Shea Moisture deep conditioner is great. I forgot to order one in my order (silly of me). I only got curl creams because they are so hard to come by here. So yeah... Only get them on BOGO sales though, they are quite pricey.

hanne jensen
December 15th, 2016, 12:09 PM
When I lived in USA I used a deep conditioner by Wella. It comes in a tube packaged in a small box. I don't know what this stuff contains, but it made my hair soft and silky. The effects lasted about a month. According to the insert, if you have very fragile or damaged hair you can use it instead of poo. There's also an order form for a heat cap.

This stuff is a classic. It's been around forever and has stood the test of time. I used to buy it in Rexall Drug store.

Pumpkin3826
December 15th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I highly suggest you get coconut oil!!!

Make sure it is virgin, unrefined. It does wonders for my hair. I put it in on Saturday nights then wash it out Sunday and my hair is still so soft today as I write and it is Thursday!!! I only wash my hair once a week on Sundays. If I get my hair wet through out the week when I take a shower I will use the Aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner just to make it easy to brush through after the shower.

I hope this helps you!!

ExpectoPatronum
December 15th, 2016, 12:37 PM
My favorite drugstore deep conditioner is from Shea Moisture from their Jamaican Black Castor Oil line. Unfortunately, I don't know if they discontinued it or what, but I have had a really hard time finding it where I live :(

I've tried a couple others and none of them really did it for me like that one did!

mermaid lullaby
December 15th, 2016, 01:35 PM
If you ever live in a small town, like the ones that have just one grocery store. Sauve and Assie are your only two choices, so those are is my recommendations.

RottenMango
April 27th, 2019, 09:37 PM
Pantene 3 Minute Miracle is really good.

ArabellaRose
April 28th, 2019, 09:30 AM
Another vote for Hask here, it's my go-to for special occasions when I want my hair to look extra shiny, soft, and healthy.

Failing that, my regular weekly one is Loreal Dream Lengths Saviour Mask. It comes in a large tub and lasts me absolutely ages.

spidergoat
April 28th, 2019, 10:03 AM
I second Aussie 3MM, as well as any of the Garnier Whole Blends masks. My favorite is the Honey Treasures one, but they're all good in my opinion.

Wusel
April 28th, 2019, 10:32 AM
I LOOOVE the ALDI Conditioner and Mask. Fantastic and SOOO inexpensive! :)

Dark40
April 28th, 2019, 10:54 AM
I love the Garnier Fructis Banana hair mask! The smell is just great. I also love Hask masks too. Especially, the macademia scent like the others are saying. I would also recommend Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream as well. There is also the Queen Helene Super Cholesterol as well. They are both good!

Natalia_A00
April 28th, 2019, 12:21 PM
My favourite one is a Tresemme "intense hydrating mask", but I'm not sure if it's available in other countries. It works really really well tough
https://www.dia.es/compra-online/productos/perfumeria-e-higiene/cuidado-del-cabello/mascarillas-cabello/p/153675?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnpXmBRDUARIsAEo71tTriN53BcSa5 d2rZsNpn_5fYsFTr6rvrkBf-i0Mh0effxi44kgNeoMaAp2hEALw_wcB

https://www.amazon.es/Tresemm%C3%A9-105441-Mascarilla-Hidrataci%C3%B3n-Intensa/dp/B01K7SADBU

Jmday100
April 28th, 2019, 06:30 PM
I love the Loreal Damage Erase Balm.

ExpectoPatronum
April 28th, 2019, 10:57 PM
I think *any* Shea Moisture deep conditioner is great. I forgot to order one in my order (silly of me). I only got curl creams because they are so hard to come by here. So yeah... Only get them on BOGO sales though, they are quite pricey.

I agree. I use Shea Moisture deep conditioners almost exclusively.

LittleHealthy
April 28th, 2019, 10:59 PM

This is great from ears down, if you’re ok with silicones! It really helps me with my bleached ends.

Groovy Granny
April 29th, 2019, 04:23 PM
Neutrogena Triple moisture Hair Mask :love:

lapushka
April 29th, 2019, 04:48 PM

I got that in my recent haul. I have other things to use up first, but at some point I will get to it. I also got the Aussie 3MM and can't wait for that one either. It's so exciting trying out new stuff! :D :happydance:

Another vote for Hask here, it's my go-to for special occasions when I want my hair to look extra shiny, soft, and healthy.

I just bought some HASK conditioners; gave the thickening one to mom (she's i and loves those kinds of things). I have 2 left, and I can't wait to try them.

I love the Garnier Fructis Banana hair mask! The smell is just great. I also love Hask masks too. Especially, the macademia scent like the others are saying. I would also recommend Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream as well. There is also the Queen Helene Super Cholesterol as well. They are both good!

Seconding the banana mask!

Reservechic
April 29th, 2019, 08:44 PM
When it comes to hair masks, the best that I've ever tried to-date are Maui Moisture's hair masks. They have excellent slip, smell really good, are very moisturizing, and they leave my hair very soft. Now, I do use heat with them, because that's something that I feel is like a major booster when it comes to any conditioner. Now, the Garnjer 1 Minute Masks are definitely a major treat to use as well. My favs are the Smoothing and Repair Treat versions. No, i don't live them in my hair for only 1 minute, as I keep them in my hair upwards if 30 minutes or so, because, conditioning for minute does absolutely nothing for my hair. And, I truly mean that - absolutely nothing.

Dark40
April 29th, 2019, 09:09 PM
I got that in my recent haul. I have other things to use up first, but at some point I will get to it. I also got the Aussie 3MM and can't wait for that one either. It's so exciting trying out new stuff! :D :happydance:

I just bought some HASK conditioners; gave the thickening one to mom (she's i and loves those kinds of things). I have 2 left, and I can't wait to try them.

Seconding the banana mask!

Yes, I'm seconding the Hask masks as well! I love the Macademia one. Especially, the way it smells.

Dark40
April 29th, 2019, 09:10 PM
When it comes to hair masks, the best that I've ever tried to-date are Maui Moisture's hair masks. They have excellent slip, smell really good, are very moisturizing, and they leave my hair very soft. Now, I do use heat with them, because that's something that I feel is like a major booster when it comes to any conditioner. Now, the Garnjer 1 Minute Masks are definitely a major treat to use as well. My favs are the Smoothing and Repair Treat versions. No, i don't live them in my hair for only 1 minute, as I keep them in my hair upwards if 30 minutes or so, because, conditioning for minute does absolutely nothing for my hair. And, I truly mean that - absolutely nothing.

Oh, I also love Maui Moisture's masks I love too! They do have excellent slip.