PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Monthly Length Photo Project

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Ondine11
June 20th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Update time! These photos were taken exactly 1 month apart. You cannot see the difference as much as I'd like, since my striped dress has dark stripes, & my hair is dark. BUT, I have gained about 1" of growth this month (I had dusted the ends a little)

http://i66.tinypic.com/25hpb13.jpg http://i64.tinypic.com/21ag6c3.jpg

Ondine11
June 20th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I think it works better with my aqua t-shirt.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4h4fmg.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/impkzb.jpg

likelikepenny
June 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Ondine11, not only has your hair gotten longer, but it looks shiner and much healthier. Congrats!

Wreckinbelle
June 20th, 2017, 03:11 PM
Update time! These photos were taken exactly 1 month apart. You cannot see the difference as much as I'd like, since my striped dress has dark stripes, & my hair is dark. BUT, I have gained about 1" of growth this month (I had dusted the ends a little)

Yeay! Your hair looks wonderful!

Ondine11
June 20th, 2017, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I've been babying it since joining LHC.

rachdun
June 21st, 2017, 12:32 AM
Your hair looks great, Ondine11

Hailwidis
June 21st, 2017, 02:18 AM
June update. We seem to be back on track in terms of growth, so that's good. I think I'll do a (micro)trim at the end of this month, I've been itching to snip the racers and round my hem out a little. I don't want to take more than a cm or two though, hip is getting nearer and I'd love to reach it before years' end.

http://i.imgur.com/OMtVPzU.png

You've had a proper spring growth spurt!
I love seeing your natural colour making its way down. It's so beautiful too. Strawberry blonde, right? :)

Good progress! I still love your texture, it's gorgeous.

Thank you so much :flowers: it means a lot.

Aredhel
June 21st, 2017, 05:11 AM
June update. We seem to be back on track in terms of growth, so that's good. I think I'll do a (micro)trim at the end of this month, I've been itching to snip the racers and round my hem out a little. I don't want to take more than a cm or two though, hip is getting nearer and I'd love to reach it before years' end.

I'm normally not too big a fan of fairytale ends (I sort of resent my own), but yours are so pretty. And you are making some awesome progress with your growth. :D

wispe
June 21st, 2017, 10:04 AM
I think it works better with my aqua t-shirt.

http://i68.tinypic.com/4h4fmg.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/impkzb.jpg
You can see your ends much better on this shirt for sure. Love your hemline!

You've had a proper spring growth spurt!
I love seeing your natural colour making its way down. It's so beautiful too. Strawberry blonde, right? :)

Thank you so much :flowers: it means a lot.
Thank you! Yes, strawberry blonde. It's 11 months of growth now, I think one of my favorite things about monthly photos is watching the blonde creep downwards. So satisfying!

I'm normally not too big a fan of fairytale ends (I sort of resent my own), but yours are so pretty. And you are making some awesome progress with your growth. :D
Thank you! I sometimes resent my fairytale ends too but there's also so much I love about it that I can't stay too upset with them for long. I'm really pleased with my growth, it's enough that I'll be able to reshape my hem on occasion and keep my fairytales still. :happydance:

ShilvaA
June 21st, 2017, 10:12 AM
Looking good! I'm not sure if these were hairtyping pictures (airdried unmanipulated) but you definitely seem to be in the 2s category to me. A very pretty texture!.

Thank you! And yeah, I have completely stopped blow drying my hair and just leave it down to dry now (it takes ages!). These photos were taken after leaving it down to dry.

I have a real problem with frizz though, the top of my hair is so much shorter and just fluffs up and no amount of oiling etc will make it nice and sleek. :(

I love your pink ends!! Are you growing them out? The ombre effect is kinda awesome :3

wispe
June 21st, 2017, 10:23 AM
Thank you! And yeah, I have completely stopped blow drying my hair and just leave it down to dry now (it takes ages!). These photos were taken after leaving it down to dry.

I have a real problem with frizz though, the top of my hair is so much shorter and just fluffs up and no amount of oiling etc will make it nice and sleek. :(

I love your pink ends!! Are you growing them out? The ombre effect is kinda awesome :3

Frizz is tough! I have some also (old damage mostly, and near my face where I'm wavier just in general) and my silicone serum helps with that but it also makes my scalp get greasy too quick if I apply it that far up... it's good the first day and then I usually wear it up subsequent days until I wash again. I don't heat style but I do sit in front of a fan or use the cool setting on my dryer to speed things up sometimes. Your hair looks very healthy so I'm sure the kinder styling is doing it lots of good, even if it isn't nearly as quick!

And yes, I'm growing my bleach out. I was missing my natural color and tired of damaging my hair on a monthly basis. I'm keeping my pink ends while I go though, I like them too much. It's finally starting to ombre and sort of look intentional instead of overgrown root-y, thankfully! (I'm growing out from the scalp, 11 months progress now).

samanthaa
June 21st, 2017, 11:00 AM
Here's my June picture. Better late than never!

I did my first microtrim this month, this was taken just after. Also, I'm now marking hip with my hands instead of waist.

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u529/Hailwidis/Hair/MonthlyHairGrowthJun2017_zpsaiwf2kfe.jpg

Lovely! Your hair texture and color are just beautiful.

Your hair seems to be getting sleeker and sleeker with each passing month! It looks like you'll be at hip soon enough!

wispe
June 21st, 2017, 11:18 AM
-snip-
Your hair seems to be getting sleeker and sleeker with each passing month! It looks like you'll be at hip soon enough!
My routine has definitely improved since the beginning of the year! I fingercomb for length shots and it looks much smoother that way then when I use any other combing method. I just trimmed back to 80cm (where I was in May) after this picture but I should still be on track to hit hip before the year is out!

ShilvaA
June 21st, 2017, 12:08 PM
Frizz is tough! I have some also (old damage mostly, and near my face where I'm wavier just in general) and my silicone serum helps with that but it also makes my scalp get greasy too quick if I apply it that far up... it's good the first day and then I usually wear it up subsequent days until I wash again. I don't heat style but I do sit in front of a fan or use the cool setting on my dryer to speed things up sometimes. Your hair looks very healthy so I'm sure the kinder styling is doing it lots of good, even if it isn't nearly as quick!

And yes, I'm growing my bleach out. I was missing my natural color and tired of damaging my hair on a monthly basis. I'm keeping my pink ends while I go though, I like them too much. It's finally starting to ombre and sort of look intentional instead of overgrown root-y, thankfully! (I'm growing out from the scalp, 11 months progress now).

I am going to have to look into silicon serums... I tried a "no cone" week and my hair was so flyaway and light.. it didn't feel like my hair if that makes sense. I think I am going to stick to all of the cones! I have been attempting the inversion method... and because I am rubbish at measuring my hair, I chucked a dye over it last week so I could measure from the roots! I don't mind using the oil based dyes as I am starting to get some greys through and I am just not ready to face them yet haha.

Your hair is so pretty. Are you aiming to eventually trim all of the pink off or presrve the ends for as long as possible? Your hair looks really healthy so it just seems a shame to trim the ends just to get rid of that gorgeous colour. Your natural hair colour goes really well with the dyed hair too.

wo
June 21st, 2017, 07:29 PM
Here is every month so far:
https://i.imgur.com/yOP8gTM.jpg
And here is my six month growth:
https://i.imgur.com/EZG76b4.jpg
Ok wait, that's only five months. Stupid math and logic.

Kellwise Gamgee
June 21st, 2017, 07:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yOP8gTM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EZG76b4.jpg

Wo, your hair is just jawdropping...

wispe
June 21st, 2017, 11:36 PM
I am going to have to look into silicon serums... I tried a "no cone" week and my hair was so flyaway and light.. it didn't feel like my hair if that makes sense. I think I am going to stick to all of the cones! I have been attempting the inversion method... and because I am rubbish at measuring my hair, I chucked a dye over it last week so I could measure from the roots! I don't mind using the oil based dyes as I am starting to get some greys through and I am just not ready to face them yet haha.

Your hair is so pretty. Are you aiming to eventually trim all of the pink off or presrve the ends for as long as possible? Your hair looks really healthy so it just seems a shame to trim the ends just to get rid of that gorgeous colour. Your natural hair colour goes really well with the dyed hair too.

Good luck figuring out your best routine, I know it can be kind of a mystery trying to deduce what your hair needs at times! My hair much prefers that I don't use cones except for a small amount of the coney serum at the end of my routine. Took me a while to discover that one!

Thank you so much btw! Yep, I'm keeping these pink ends as long as they'll stick around for me. A couple years ago I'd been dreaming of a natural-to-pink ombre but I was DIY'ing it with zero experience and was not sure how to do that, so I ended up just going for the full head of pink, and later on a full head of bleached+pink. Now slowly transitioning back to that original blonde to pink ombre goal. I don't mind bleach or dyes, but I do mind root upkeep and I prefer the thickness and condition of my natural hair. I haven't ruled out blending or getting highlights put in to further blend the pink once it's grown a lot longer, but I'd like to wait and see how it naturally ombres at longer lengths (if it does, I've never been so long and I don't really know if it will) before I go messing with things again. I have a band of breakage right where the blonde meets the pinkthat I'm afraid will snap off if it's put through any more processing, and I'm not prepared to lose that length or have layers that short should something go awry. So I won't be gambling with the health of my hair until that band is much, much further down and can be hidden in buns or braids should the worst happen.

http://i.imgur.com/yOP8gTM.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EZG76b4.jpg

It's grown so much! And your curls continue to be soft, shiny perfection.

Hailwidis
June 22nd, 2017, 12:46 AM
Wo, it grows so fast! Amazing.

wo
June 22nd, 2017, 04:26 AM
Thank you ladies, you are very kind! :) Hailwidis, a lot of people think it grows fast and sometimes I feel like it does too, but it actually grows the average .5 inch every month. I don't know why it looks like fast growth. I even measured by the letters on this t-shirt and it's exactly 2.5 inches for 5 months.

JennyPenny
June 22nd, 2017, 08:24 AM
Wo, your curls are beautiful!!

ReadingRenee
June 22nd, 2017, 10:08 AM
Thanks! Maybe not "uneven," but the left side is definitely growing in faster than the right side! The same thing happened to me last year at this time when I gave in and trimmed. We'll see. I haven't decided when I'm going to do yet!

ReadingRenee, for a brief moment I thought you were PixieP and she had cut her hair! But I don't think she participates in this thread? Such a pretty color!

Kiiruna, that is quite peculiar! Although perhaps you have some length that's been eaten by what looks like some new waves? Actually, if lining up certain body markers (I was looking from armpit down), you hair does seem quite a bit longer!

Henrietta, your hair is beautiful! I love the color.

Just saw this! Thank you Samanthaa, I am trying to get back to my full natural color, I have lighter ends from old dye.

Shivaa, I am always in the cone no cone conundrum. I feel like my hair is super light and fly away without cones, but sulfates really dry it out over time. It seems to be a very delicate balance that I haven't figured out yet.

So I had a MAJOR trim this month. I cut most of my layers out and my hair is much closer to one length now. Also got rid of old dye damaged ends. But, I did lose a lot of length. I will post a picture anyway, although it seems like its going BACKWARDS. Everyone has had such amazing progress between Jan and June! ( Except for me, lol) I will get a pic up later today.

Eta: Added pic

So yeah, definitely going in reverse there as I had a trim in between Dec and March, and between March and June. :D

lucid
June 22nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
Thank you ladies, you are very kind! :) Hailwidis, a lot of people think it grows fast and sometimes I feel like it does too, but it actually grows the average .5 inch every month. I don't know why it looks like fast growth. I even measured by the letters on this t-shirt and it's exactly 2.5 inches for 5 months.

Your hair is sooo pretty!! And regarding growth, your hair is curly (=shrinkage), so if you have 2.5 inches of unstretchered growth in 5 months, that's really good!!

Crystawni
June 22nd, 2017, 03:42 PM
Just saw this! Thank you Samanthaa, I am trying to get back to my full natural color, I have lighter ends from old dye.

Shivaa, I am always in the cone no cone conundrum. I feel like my hair is super light and fly away without cones, but sulfates really dry it out over time. It seems to be a very delicate balance that I haven't figured out yet.

So I had a MAJOR trim this month. I cut most of my layers out and my hair is much closer to one length now. Also got rid of old dye damaged ends. But, I did lose a lot of length. I will post a picture anyway, although it seems like its going BACKWARDS. Everyone has had such amazing progress between Jan and June! ( Except for me, lol) I will get a pic up later today.

Eta: Added pic

Dec 2016 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/meowmixxrr/Shelleys%20Hair/20161222_094505_zpszojdxihl.jpgMarch 2017 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/meowmixxrr/Shelleys%20Hair/march%2020_zpsaasgnaq0.jpgJune 2017 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v51/meowmixxrr/Shelleys%20Hair/june%20length_zpstzjbq1pm.jpg

So yeah, definitely going in reverse there as I had a trim in between Dec and March, and between March and June. :D

Nope, not backwards. That's progress of a different sort! I love how full and happy your hair looks now, with a sideorder of uniformity that gives it more presence.

And wo, your hair travels down so beautifully. :crush:

JadedByEntropy
June 22nd, 2017, 03:58 PM

Its just a timeline, and progress is measured in quality and not just quantity. Sounds like you really wanted/needed to do the trims, and the hem looks much fuller now! you can definitely be proud of your progress.

ReadingRenee
June 23rd, 2017, 05:23 PM
Nope, not backwards. That's progress of a different sort! I love how full and happy your hair looks now, with a sideorder of uniformity that gives it more presence.

And wo, your hair travels down so beautifully. :crush:

Thanks so much for the kind comment. That is very nice and encouraging to hear. I am much happier with the hemline now, I hope it can grow down and retain at least a little of the fullness.

Its just a timeline, and progress is measured in quality and not just quantity. Sounds like you really wanted/needed to do the trims, and the hem looks much fuller now! you can definitely be proud of your progress.

Thank you for the encouraging words. :) I really appreciate them. It is good to have a reminder of progress besides length.

JadedByEntropy
June 24th, 2017, 09:34 PM
ReadingRenee its also another good reason to have frequent pictures to remind ourselves what has changed, and that as slow as it might be change and progress does happen :)

rachdun
June 25th, 2017, 12:52 AM
Your hair looks wonderful ReadingRenee - looks so healthy:)

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 10:11 AM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4260/35532274056_59dc10cafe_o.jpg

April - July

ETA: I measured three days early and just put july 1 so I don't confuse myself looking back at the pictures.

Aredhel
June 27th, 2017, 10:40 AM
Look at that growth! You're at APL now aren't you?!:joy:

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 10:53 AM
Look at that growth! You're at APL now aren't you?!:joy:

Wet and curly yes! :cheese:

I'm not quite sure how to measure. I want to measure curly but I have three inches between wet/damp and dry. However if I wait for my hair to dry, it'll never be accurate. :/

Aredhel
June 27th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Wet and curly yes! :cheese:

I'm not quite sure how to measure. I want to measure curly but I have three inches between wet/damp and dry. However if I wait for my hair to dry, it'll never be accurate. :/
It sounds to me like if you consistently measure wet, you will probably yield the most accurate growth results that way. Basically the same reason the LHC standard of hair length measurement is from our hairline. It makes sense to basically go with whatever method has the least amount of variables, and use that as your base. If that means always measuring wet, then that's the way to go for you! (IMHO) :)

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 11:12 AM
It sounds to me like if you consistently measure wet, you will probably yield the most accurate growth results that way. Basically the same reason the LHC standard of hair length measurement is from our hairline. It makes sense to basically go with whatever method has the least amount of variables, and use that as your base. If that means always measuring wet, then that's the way to go for you! (IMHO) :)

I wonder if I should call my milestones wet though because it's not like I walk around with wet hair all day but at this length, letting it dry will result in an afro that isn't very measurable against body markers.

I think I'll wait until October like I had planned to see if my hair is there dry and if it's not :shrug:

Aredhel
June 27th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I wonder if I should call my milestones wet though because it's not like I walk around with wet hair all day but at this length, letting it dry will result in an afro that isn't very measurable against body markers.

I think I'll wait until October like I had planned to see if my hair is there dry and if it's not :shrug:

The body marker thing doesn't really work when your hair doesn't actually want to sit against those markers...seems like doing it wet would be the best way to do it. I've seen people with mighty tall afros, but their hair is definitely not short!:p

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 11:59 AM
The body marker thing doesn't really work when your hair doesn't actually want to sit against those markers...seems like doing it wet would be the best way to do it. I've seen people with mighty tall afros, but their hair is definitely not short!:p

Very true. I think I'll wait it out and see if it starts to weigh itself down while dry and if not, I'll call my milestones wet. :)

Aredhel
June 27th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Very true. I think I'll wait it out and see if it starts to weigh itself down while dry and if not, I'll call my milestones wet. :)

Good idea! :D

Ondine11
June 27th, 2017, 02:07 PM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4260/35532274056_59dc10cafe_o.jpg

April - July

ETA: I measured three days early and just put july 1 so I don't confuse myself looking back at the pictures.

Wow! Your hair really is getting longer quickly. Even with the curl shrinkage factored in, you can really see the progress. You're doing something right!

likelikepenny
June 27th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Wow! Your hair really is getting longer quickly. Even with the curl shrinkage factored in, you can really see the progress. You're doing something right!

Thank you :)

hobbitlocks
June 27th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Awesome growth, likelikepenny!

Mrstran
July 1st, 2017, 09:58 AM
Into July! http://i65.tinypic.com/2iuz155.jpg

My apologies for the ugly awful walls. We are remodeling this room.

Renora25
July 1st, 2017, 10:00 AM
Lovely growth! I love how free your hemline looks!

likelikepenny
July 1st, 2017, 10:25 AM
Mrstran, your hair grew a lot this month, congrats!

Mrstran
July 1st, 2017, 11:38 AM
Mrstran, your hair grew a lot this month, congrats!

Thank you Likelikepenny! I'm suprized it even moved being how frail my hair is. You are so lucky to have healthy pretty hair. It's beautiful. I'm going to have to stop and trim every month within the next year or two in order to remove all the bleach damage. It will take 1 or 1 1/2 years of monthly trims. Not looking forward to it.

Damaged hair needs to go. I hate it and all the product I must use to keep it in tact. Lol

ETA

Omg I just seen the comparison pic you posted. You have crazy growth, that's awesome! Congrats to you too! :hollie:

iYaap
July 1st, 2017, 12:08 PM
Happy juli everyone!
7th month 7th picture.
I would almost conclude your hair grows faster after a very little trim but this can't be true haha.

https://s17.postimg.org/qo9u50xnz/groei_tot_juli_2017.jpg

likelikepenny
July 1st, 2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you Likelikepenny! I'm suprized it even moved being how frail my hair is. You are so lucky to have healthy pretty hair. It's beautiful. I'm going to have to stop and trim every month within the next year or two in order to remove all the bleach damage. It will take 1 or 1 1/2 years of monthly trims. Not looking forward to it.

Damaged hair needs to go. I hate it and all the product I must use to keep it in tact. Lol

ETA

Omg I just seen the comparison pic you posted. You have crazy growth, that's awesome! Congrats to you too! :hollie:

Thank you for the hair compliments. :)

Your struggle with bleach sounds like my struggle with layers lol. Hopefully we'll soon reach our goals :)

Alexe
July 2nd, 2017, 10:47 AM
Sooo, I couln't be bothered searching for my striped shirt this month, also putting the newest photo into my little grid-thing...I'm just too tired right now. I just put the february and the july picture next to each other and tried to align them as best as I could. The last time I measured was mid-june, I was at 75cm / 29,5in length. I should be about two month away from hitting waist. :)

Also, I didn't manipulate my hair after washing it today, so it's a bit wilde compared to the feb pic.

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/170702/u9uce7nq.jpg

M00bles
July 2nd, 2017, 12:31 PM
iYaapyour hair is beautiful! What an incredible colour.

Alexe wow you've gained so much length! You must be treating your hair right.

I really want to get involved in this seeing as I've joined the no trimming for the second half of 2017 thread. Maybe I'll pull out my striped dress tomorrow and take some shots!

Siveda
July 2nd, 2017, 02:20 PM
Happy juli everyone!
7th month 7th picture.
I would almost conclude your hair grows faster after a very little trim but this can't be true haha.

https://s17.postimg.org/qo9u50xnz/groei_tot_juli_2017.jpg

It looks so good, iYaap! (I remember you from the Dutch hair forums! Looong time ago!)

iYaap
July 2nd, 2017, 02:34 PM
It looks so good, iYaap! (I remember you from the Dutch hair forums! Looong time ago!)

Hey I can remember you too! We were on MSN together. hihi. Wat een tijd! How are you?

Mrstran
July 2nd, 2017, 06:01 PM
Thank you for the hair compliments. :)

Your struggle with bleach sounds like my struggle with layers lol. Hopefully we'll soon reach our goals :)

Lol fingers crossed!

Shorty89
July 2nd, 2017, 07:01 PM
So, I've hit TB and am going to maintain for a while. I think I'll still try to take monthly length shots to see if I can see improved thickness or health in my ends. Would any of you guys on this thread find it interesting if I still posted them here?

Crystawni
July 2nd, 2017, 07:06 PM
Congrats, Shorty! And I see all progress as being valid (trims, maintaining, growing--it's all length of some kind), so would love to follow your monthly shots. :)

likelikepenny
July 2nd, 2017, 07:31 PM
I agree with Crystawni. I love seeing progress of any kind, but I especially love seeing thickness travel down. :)

Crystawni
July 2nd, 2017, 11:29 PM
I'm at 93.25cm this month, gaining 1.75cm as I edge closer to TBL, which is about a month's growth away. Please excuse the damp hair--it goes soooo well with the damp weather. :rolleyes:

https://i.imgur.com/WNSAlFQ.jpg

Siveda
July 3rd, 2017, 04:46 AM
Hey I can remember you too! We were on MSN together. hihi. Wat een tijd! How are you?

MSN, yes indeed! I thought I'd be the only one remembering that, lol. Unfortunately life has not been very good to me (or my hair), but at least I'm happy to be back here... starting over with my hair (wish it was that easy with other parts of life). Hope you're doing great, though. Don't wanna hijack this thread, but if you'd like to talk sometime, just send me a message. :)

dvep
July 3rd, 2017, 08:44 AM
January 2017
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26362&d=1488561449

April 2017
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26883&d=1492479863

Long time no post! I had finals, then I moved up to Montana for the summer and whoops, two months went by. Hopefully this is a fun comparison, then! Sorry for the change of outfit and location, and I hope this new angle doesn't mess everything up (PS I always use my elbows to measure growth since my hair engulfs any outfit anyway). And sorry if this picture is huge!

July 3rd, 2017
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27803&d=1499092585

My hair looks like such a different color in this light. Waist is roughly where my left elbow is.

As I was doing the 6 month no-trim challenge (and succeeded) I'm now due for a trim, but I'm almost tempted to keep going without it. I do need to get rid of damage, though. I also have to accept two things: 1) my hair gets splits no matter what I do, and 2) I fairytale. I wish I didn't, but I do. I think I'll appreciate it more when my front ends aren't so short, but it's frustrating because with my hair type if you look at me from the front I look like my hair isn't even at BSL! It doesn't feel long because of this, even though I'm closing in on tailbone in the back.

Ah well, time to catch up with all your posts and pictures! :)

lithostoic
July 3rd, 2017, 02:34 PM
These pictures are totally not lined up, and for that I apologize. From left to right: May, June, and July. As you can see, my hem is solidly where my longest hairs were in May, despite a recent 1+ inch trim. I'm happy with my length right now but ready for growth!

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/19621230_1751377874878957_3510867832412233787_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=43f37b0430ec09035893ed54014bb544&oe=5A05151A

Everyone is making such great progress <3

JadedByEntropy
July 3rd, 2017, 05:42 PM
dvep
congrats on being done with finals. Yes, your curls do engulf your clothes so that elbow marker is very important! beautiful texture!! mine is very similar but overly kinked so my waves never line up without a braid :/

dvep
July 3rd, 2017, 06:47 PM
dvep
congrats on being done with finals. Yes, your curls do engulf your clothes so that elbow marker is very important! beautiful texture!! mine is very similar but overly kinked so my waves never line up without a braid :/

Thank you! To be honest I never know how much my hair grows because of my variable texture, so it's a good thing I never measure or I'd make myself crazy! I can't wait till it's as long as yours.

samanthaa
July 4th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Crystawni, wow, you seem to have had a recent growth spurt!

July, with a 2+ inch trim! I was just about reaching BCL in the shower when my hair was wet, but no regrets. My hemline is even again.

I apparently forgot that I was supposed to roll the band of my shorts down one more time :sad

http://i.imgur.com/2K1kpop.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R7T7w89.png

OUKess
July 4th, 2017, 04:48 PM
Great progress Crystawni!! Very beautiful!!

Crystawni
July 4th, 2017, 05:51 PM
dvep, your hair looks like it's loving your current location!

lithostoic, your hem looks great, and more than ready for that growth!

Crystawni, wow, you seem to have had a recent growth spurt!

July, with a 2+ inch trim! I was just about reaching BCL in the shower when my hair was wet, but no regrets. My hemline is even again.

I apparently forgot that I was supposed to roll the band of my shorts down one more time :sad

http://i.imgur.com/2K1kpop.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R7T7w89.png

Yeah, my hair spurts every few months, but this winter it seems to be chugging along better than ever. And seriously, even with your extra band roll not happening, your hair doesn't seem to have lost substantial length. It does sit with more uniformity, though!

Great progress Crystawni!! Very beautiful!!

Thank you! :blossom:

JadedByEntropy
July 4th, 2017, 10:22 PM
Found my tape measure, and had to settle on 1.11m as the 'official' measure cuz I haven't had a trim in too long, and
i can't count the racers when they're that far out from the herd. :laugh: longest is 1.13 o.0

The textures constantly changes, and now i've found a curl creme that is helping keep down the frizzy frizz. My 'bangs' layers are BSL now :D

https://s1.postimg.org/dsdbvfwj3/000_2017_comparison.jpg

lithostoic
July 4th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Thank you, Crystawni. Your length pictures impress me!

Henrietta
July 6th, 2017, 05:20 AM
So, I've hit TB and am going to maintain for a while. I think I'll still try to take monthly length shots to see if I can see improved thickness or health in my ends. Would any of you guys on this thread find it interesting if I still posted them here?

I would! Please do post the pics :)

draysmir
July 6th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Shorty 89 I would also love to see your progress with maintaining! I'm thinking I might need to do it sometime before I get to my final goal, so I'm curious as to how much it helps in a certain span of time.

I've been putting off taking my monthly photo for July because I haven't had any good hair days since I washed it last, but I should probably take a picture soon considering it's already almost a week into July :p

hobbitlocks
July 6th, 2017, 12:30 PM
dvep- You have such beautiful curls! My hair seems to split really easily too and I just try to ignore it. I feel like if I tried to s&d or trim it all out I would never get anywhere! As long as I'm not noticing breakage, I figure that's good. :shrug:

samanthaa - even with the trim, I can see progess! Awesome!

Jaded- I love your hair!

Crystawani just :crush:

Here's my update this month:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27836&d=1499359798
I took last month's late so it's not really a full month in between, but I think I see some progress. My hair resolutions for the year were to take length shots (check) and be brave enough to give myself a trim! So we'll see if I break out the scissors this month. My boyfriend cuts his own hair already, so I figure I can just use his, so it's not like I even have to buy anything!

dvep
July 6th, 2017, 08:32 PM
dvep- You have such beautiful curls! My hair seems to split really easily too and I just try to ignore it. I feel like if I tried to s&d or trim it all out I would never get anywhere! As long as I'm not noticing breakage, I figure that's good. :shrug:

Thank you! I love your length, hopefully that will be me by the end of the year. Yeah, I need to microtrim at least once a year but the breakage is mostly happening in the front, where it's substantially shorter and I really want to grow out without losing length. I tried S&D and I totally regret it, it's definitely not for everyone!

Crystawni
July 6th, 2017, 09:36 PM
JadedByEntropy, your hair looks so soft and happy, and loooooooooooooooong!

Thank you, Crystawni. Your length pictures impress me!

:blossom: Thank you, litho!

samanthaa - even with the trim, I can see progess! Awesome!

Jaded- I love your hair!

Crystawani just :crush:

Here's my update this month:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27836&d=1499359798
I took last month's late so it's not really a full month in between, but I think I see some progress. My hair resolutions for the year were to take length shots (check) and be brave enough to give myself a trim! So we'll see if I break out the scissors this month. My boyfriend cuts his own hair already, so I figure I can just use his, so it's not like I even have to buy anything!

:flowers: Your hair has some fatness going on as it sweeps aaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down your back! To me your hem looks great, but your resolution to trim was made for a reason, so good luck if you attempt the snip! :p

rachdun
July 7th, 2017, 12:43 AM
Wow - your hair looks stunning, hobbitlocks!

Wreckinbelle
July 7th, 2017, 02:34 PM
Wow, I'm so crushing on all this beautiful hair! Mine seems to be at a stand still...I hope I'm not at terminal :( I'm not even at my first goal of TBL yet :( Fingers crossed I have some growth this month. Measure day is the 13th I think. :)

hobbitlocks
July 7th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Thank you dvep and rachsun :) And thank you especially for the hemline compliments, Crystawani! I think slight texture hides some taper, but it's also probably not as bad as I think :)

Wreckinbelle- I am always convinced my hair isn't growing because it's not like you would ever notice it on a day-to-day basis! Hopefully you'll feel better after picture/measurement time!

JadedByEntropy
July 7th, 2017, 08:39 PM
Crystawni that is so sweet! thank you!

Hobbitlocks :happydance: thank you!

Zesty
July 9th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Beautiful hair, everyone.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27871&d=1499609751

I'm at TBL in the shower and when stretched. :p I think another month or two to call it though... I might trim when I get a little past it, but overall I'm happy with how things are going and with the state of my hemline, even if it is a little feathered. I'm just about at the longest I've ever been. Last time I was unhappy when I was getting to tailbone, but now I love my hair and can't wait to head towards my longest lengths ever. :)

Siveda
July 9th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Wow Zesty, seems like your hair is growing exceptionally fast. What's the secret? :p

Zesty
July 9th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Wow Zesty, seems like your hair is growing exceptionally fast. What's the secret? :p

If I'm any indication then sheer laziness is the secret. :p I don't take any vitamins or do any head massages or anything. I also don't trim very often, though. I had one small trim between the pictures from January and February, but otherwise I've just left it alone.

hobbitlocks
July 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Wow, Zesty! I can really see your hemline marching towards tailbone!

draysmir
July 9th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I took forever to take my monthly photo, so July's picture was taken a week later than my other pictures. My hair has been a mess, which is why I've been putting off taking the picture, so excuse the brushed out braid waves and oiliness if it's visible :p I trimmed only 1/4" this month, which I am happy with, but it still feels like my hair is growing rather slowly. My monthly pictures aren't very accurate, especially not May or June's, so maybe that's why it feels like it hasn't grown much since I hit WL in March.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27168&d=1493746554

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27872&d=1499640651

Not sure why my second picture is so much smaller... oh well haha. Comparing January and July (half a year), my hair has definitely grown, but it's been a bit slow. Hopefully trimming 1/4" from now on instead of 1/2" will give me a bit more growth. :)

I forgot to add, the top of my pants is roughly where hip is on me. I feel like not wearing a shirt shows progress better, hopefully no one minds my bare back from now on lol

cm006j
July 9th, 2017, 06:19 PM
It's so inspiring to see everyone's length and thickness growing! I love it.

Here's my pic from last month and this. I know my pink/red streaks look pretty weird when my hair is down. I bleached it myself but I didn't have enough for full coverage and it ended up strange. But I love how it looks when it's up, so it's okay! lol.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4282/35438201280_0b6fdf4e9b.jpg

omgitssarah
July 10th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Eek, I totally forgot to take a pic at the end of June like I normally would have...this one is about 10 days late. Even with a 1/4 inch trim in there, I feel like I made some progress! I feel like I'm more solidly at APL than last month.

http://i.imgur.com/kmcHshtm.jpg

rachdun
July 11th, 2017, 04:10 AM
Hair growth from June - July:

http://i.imgur.com/bDYC5V1.jpg http://i.imgur.com/FtaLBKf.jpg

My hair colour has not changed - it's just the lighting!!

draysmir
July 11th, 2017, 08:55 AM

Lovely! :) Your hair looks like it's starting to lay more flat in the July picture. Are you close to APL yet? It's hard for me to tell, but it looks like you're getting close :)

Reyn127
July 11th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Amazing growth everyone! It's so exciting to see all the progress... I still have yet to post last month's length shot, as well as this month's (which I took the other day). Someday....

rachdun
July 12th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Lovely! :) Your hair looks like it's starting to lay more flat in the July picture. Are you close to APL yet? It's hard for me to tell, but it looks like you're getting close :)

Thanks:) - I think my hair has still got about 2.5 inches to grow before it's the length I want it to be, based on the pattern on my t-shirt!!

I will then see if I want to grow it any further... not sure yet...

Even at that point, it will be the longest it's ever been:)

Henrietta
July 12th, 2017, 02:46 AM
Reyn127, is that you in your avatar pic? If yes, do you know you look like the singer Birdy? :) Only... your hair is shinier and smoother than hers usually is :D

DarkChocolate
July 12th, 2017, 11:30 AM

It looks fuller:) I love the slight wave:)

Reyn127
July 12th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Henrietta, yes that is me. Thank you for the compliment! :grin:

Here are my pics finally. The first one is the first half of the year, January-June:
https://s25.postimg.org/jtcomvjsv/hairlengthjan-june2017.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/kvmv5f2m3/)

And here is this month, July (with a change of scenery because I moved):
https://s25.postimg.org/yf8aov5z3/Hair_Length_July92017.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/h1y0a0anv/)

Sorry it's a little dark, I took it too late in the day to get the right light.

VersLaLumière
July 13th, 2017, 03:22 AM
I'm bowing out of this thread because I only post pics in my profile. They don't really get noticed that way, so then I don't see much point in making the effort to share them.

The reason that I don't post directly on the thread is because I don't want my pics to be available to the outside public. Unless anybody knows a way around this...? ?

Siveda
July 13th, 2017, 06:37 AM
I'm bowing out of this thread because I only post pics in my profile. They don't really get noticed that way, so then I don't see much point in making the effort to share them.

The reason that I don't post directly on the thread is because I don't want my pics to be available to the outside public. Unless anybody knows a way around this...? ?

I'm member of a Dutch hair forum as well where they have a separate board for photo albums (viewable to 100+ posts memberships etc). There you can create your very own topic and come back to it everytime when you want to add something or someone comments. To be honest I find that much more convenient. I would love to have that here as well. Would solve your problem too. A bonus is that this way, when you see a beautiful head of hair and you want to know more, you can dig through the person's entire topic. ^^

@Reyn127: That is some gorgeous hair. Love it!

rachdun
July 13th, 2017, 07:36 AM
It looks fuller:) I love the slight wave:)

Thank you:)

Ashflower89
July 16th, 2017, 12:23 PM
Peeking back in after a long absence! I always tried to take my monthly pics on the 1st, but it gets harder and harder to the point that I feel lucky to remember to take any pics at all. I have a monthly chart that was religiously updated until last fall, and then I started to fall way behind. Ah well, the longer gaps in time show more progress anyway. My hair feels so incredibly long! 3 more inches and I'll pass the longest it's ever been in my life! So glad to get out of the pixie rut, and never going back again. It feels ratty and messy when I let it go naturally, but when I straighten it, it feels soooo luxurious and long. I wasn't consistent with straightening in the pictures so the progress is kind of all over the place, but I have 6 back tattoos and it now touches the top of the 2nd to bottom. Sorry the picture is so big!

http://i65.tinypic.com/2l8ucyu.jpg

ShilvaA
July 16th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Wow Ashflower89 your hair is beautiful! It is so inspiring to see hair growth in this kind of form and it also shows how much a wave or curl eats up length! Crazy!

Fantastic progress!

Reyn127
July 16th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Ashflower89, you've had some great growth this year, awesome!

rachdun
July 17th, 2017, 12:06 AM
Your hair's looking great, Ashflower89

wispe
July 20th, 2017, 08:33 AM
I totally had a trim of about 2cm (maybe 2.5) and cut in bangs right after length shots in June. It looks like I gained more length than I actually did - technically, I'm at the same length now as I was in May's picture. I hit a big milestone today - a whole year since the last time I bleached my roots. whoo!

http://i.imgur.com/WeD10lJ.png

ShilvaA
July 20th, 2017, 02:42 PM
https://s19.postimg.org/ozuuo26ib/IMG_4197.jpg

May-June-July

I have done my best to align them, I have a slightly different stance in my earliest photo, arms at sides rather than hands on hips hence the shoulder alignment discrepancy . (I have used the top of my head and my back fat crease for sizing referencing haha)

I am really happy with my progress so far! I have started taking biotin for the last month so I was really curious if it would make a difference. I feel like it has tbh, though it could be down to seasonal changes, who knows!

wispe
July 20th, 2017, 03:47 PM
ShilvaA, looks like good growth to me! And your waves have such a pretty shine to them! I'm half expecting (hoping for) a seasonal spurt in the next few months myself. Fingers crossed for us :)

ShilvaA
July 20th, 2017, 03:55 PM
ShilvaA, looks like good growth to me! And your waves have such a pretty shine to them! I'm half expecting (hoping for) a seasonal spurt in the next few months myself. Fingers crossed for us :)

I have discovered that argan oil might just be my hair best friend... or my first ever BBB (bought today!) Thank you so much! I don't feel like my hair is as long as it is in my progress photos:/ Hair dysmorphia possibly? Lol

Your hair is in fantastic condition! I really really hope we get some good growth, I want waist length by the end of the year! (Wishful thinking haha).

Congrats on the 1 year no root-bleaching! :D

Reyn127
July 20th, 2017, 07:28 PM
Beautiful as always, wispe.

And dang, ShilvaA, that's some crazy growth!

Shorty89
July 21st, 2017, 03:00 PM
Well, I finally got my July photo taken. :P I'm a bit late and it's not a good photo. For reference, I tugged my shirt down until it sat at classic length instead of tailbone. That's why it looks like my hair shrunk. I'll try to get a better shot at the end of the month. Hands are at tailbone and classic.

http://i.imgur.com/zqwo5fj.jpg

rachdun
July 23rd, 2017, 01:53 AM
Your hair looks great, Shorty89 and ShilvaA

wo
July 23rd, 2017, 11:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/QOheD1o.jpg

Dendra
July 23rd, 2017, 11:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/QOheD1o.jpg

Your length gains have been amazing! Especially considering you have curly hair. And once again, your hair is just beautiful.

Also, ShilvaA, what a jump between June and July! Must be a summer growth spurt :)

wo
July 23rd, 2017, 12:33 PM
Thank you, Dendra. 😊

wispe
July 23rd, 2017, 01:25 PM
Shorty89, wo, both of you have beautiful hair!

rachdun
July 24th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Your hair looks lovely, wo

wo
July 24th, 2017, 06:53 AM
Shorty89, wo, both of you have beautiful hair!

Your hair looks lovely, wo

Thank you Wispe and Rachdun!

Ondine11
July 25th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Well, it's that time once again!!! First photo was May 21, second photo was on June 20, & the third one was taken today (July 25). I can see the hemline filling in, but, the photos don't show the shine, healthy texture, or nice colour. It is progressing steadily toward BSL!!!

http://i68.tinypic.com/4h4fmg.jpg http://i68.tinypic.com/4h4fmg.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/2wgxjpy.jpg

Reyn127
July 25th, 2017, 06:31 PM
Looks like you got a good jump in growth this month, Ondine11 :)

lithostoic
July 25th, 2017, 06:43 PM
Everyone is doing so well! Can't wait to take my length pic and compare :D I'll probably do it on the 31st.

Kitt3n
July 28th, 2017, 03:11 PM
I know the last photo is a few days off from the full month but I don't feel very patient and want to share anyways. Sorry if it's big. I can't tell because I'm using my phone.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/Msklawz/Mobile%20Uploads/Collage%202017-07-28%2016_59_21_zpsah2ntrt0.jpg (http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Msklawz/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Collage%202017-07-28%2016_59_21_zpsah2ntrt0.jpg.html)

lucid
July 28th, 2017, 04:06 PM
I really like your hair, Kitt3n!

Kitt3n
July 28th, 2017, 04:42 PM
I really like your hair, Kitt3n!

Thanks a lot. :]

rachdun
July 29th, 2017, 12:20 AM
Your hair looks lovely, kitt3n

Renora25
July 29th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Well here is one month's difference:
June 2017
http://i.imgur.com/9SZXZk5.jpg?2

July 2017 (Well 3 days early but what ever)
http://i.imgur.com/bKJ9LFY.jpg?1

According to measurements, I have gained an inch this month. I can kind of see it, but hair shrinks a bit. Also, off topic, what would you say would be a good classification of my wurls? I don't have any oil or any product in my hair in the length photo.

Thanks so much!

Renora25
July 29th, 2017, 11:42 AM
Also sorry for the freaking huge pictures. I swear I resized them, but imgur is hard to use apparently.

samanthaa
July 29th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Wo, your hair continues to get more amazing as it gets longer! That curl pattern is beautiful!

Here's August, with a very small microtrim. I combined Feye's method with my Creaclip and it worked well!

http://i.imgur.com/W9vuDTJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eJ7Ydbe.png

lucid
July 29th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Samanthaa, beautiful hair!

Ondine11
July 29th, 2017, 03:45 PM
@Samanthaa: I love the ethereal fineness of your hair!

Ondine11
July 29th, 2017, 03:46 PM
Well here is one month's difference:
June 2017
http://i.imgur.com/9SZXZk5.jpg?2

July 2017 (Well 3 days early but what ever)
http://i.imgur.com/bKJ9LFY.jpg?1

According to measurements, I have gained an inch this month. I can kind of see it, but hair shrinks a bit. Also, off topic, what would you say would be a good classification of my wurls? I don't have any oil or any product in my hair in the length photo.

Thanks so much!

Yes, it looks like you did get a good inch of growth. That is a lot for one month. Mine grew a lot last month, too. I hope the trend continues! Your hair also looks fuller, as well. I would type it at 2a.

Renora25
July 29th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Yes, it looks like you did get a good inch of growth. That is a lot for one month. Mine grew a lot last month, too. I hope the trend continues! Your hair also looks fuller, as well. I would type it at 2a.

Thank you! It does look a bit fuller, but that might be the lack of oil. :) hurrah for frizzy hair.

ErinEM
July 30th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I know we're more than halfway through the year, but I'm jumping into this thread! Been watching it for months! I started taking proper length photos in May of this year (before joining LHC) and now I can finally post them, so, here we go:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28228&d=1501455477

My shirt isn't pulled down quite as much in the most recent photo. Oops. Also, the May 2 and July 2 photos are after taking my hair out of a braid, and the June (May 31) and August (July 30) photos are my natural texture, air-dried after a shower.

wo
July 30th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I know we're more than halfway through the year, but I'm jumping into this thread! Been watching it for months! I started taking proper length photos in May of this year (before joining LHC) and now I can finally post them, so, here we go:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28228&d=1501455477

My shirt isn't pulled down quite as much in the most recent photo. Oops. Also, the May 2 and July 2 photos are after taking my hair out of a braid, and the June (May 31) and August (July 30) photos are my natural texture, air-dried after a shower.

Your texture and color are so pretty!

Aunt Rapunzel
July 30th, 2017, 06:34 PM
ErinEm, you have lovely hair!!

Aunt Rapunzel
July 30th, 2017, 06:40 PM
My progress for this month:

June 17:
http://i.imgur.com/7YYHafA.jpg

July 31:
http://i.imgur.com/G0hXtyK.jpg

Crystawni
July 30th, 2017, 06:52 PM
Such a great parade of gorgeous hair! :thud: :crush: A couple of comments incoming, but Aunt Rapunzel's soft shine isn't helping me focus (:wigtongue)...>>

Ashflower89, I've loved seeing your progress over the years, from back when you took face shots to gauge length! Going strong!

wispe, your trim looks pro! Beautiful! And congrats on your bleach-free anniversary!

samanthaa, your hemline is so much fatter now, and yet the overall look is still so ethereal!

Ondine, I think you doubled-up on one of your pics, but I can see you're another hemline fatty! :p

Renora, you may have to gain a little bit more length before your texture really shows itself.

Erin, welcome and wow! Your texture uniformity is lovely, and yeah, I love your colour!

rachdun
July 31st, 2017, 12:43 AM
Wow - your hair is stunning, ErinEM and Aunt Rapunzel

ErinEM
July 31st, 2017, 06:47 AM
Thank you, wo! Your curls are completely amazing, by the way!

And thank you, Aunt Rapunzel! You have such gorgeous thick, healthy hair!!

Thanks so much for the kind words, Crystawni and rachdun!

Alexe
July 31st, 2017, 07:19 AM
Hey guys, long time no see! I kind of abandoned the LHC the last few months (too busy!), but my hair is doing well growth wise. I keep it up in a bun all day everyday during work- and on the weekends too, actually.

I slacked with the pics a bit for july and august- I simply did not want to change into my striped shirt. :rolleyes: That is a new level of layzeness :p

BUt, here we go. My ends seem a little thinner this month, but I didn't have all my hair in the back...we will see. Maybe I am in need for a trimm soon? Also, I kind of look really close to waist! My measurements tell that I need another 2 centimeters, but...I get there!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28241&d=1501506995

samanthaa
July 31st, 2017, 07:25 AM
Samanthaa, beautiful hair!

@Samanthaa: I love the ethereal fineness of your hair!

samanthaa, your hemline is so much fatter now, and yet the overall look is still so ethereal!

Thank you all!

ErinEM, lovely! Your color and texture are just beautiful!

draysmir
July 31st, 2017, 08:25 AM
Hey guys, long time no see! I kind of abandoned the LHC the last few months (too busy!), but my hair is doing well growth wise. I keep it up in a bun all day everyday during work- and on the weekends too, actually.

I slacked with the pics a bit for july and august- I simply did not want to change into my striped shirt. :rolleyes: That is a new level of layzeness :p

BUt, here we go. My ends seem a little thinner this month, but I didn't have all my hair in the back...we will see. Maybe I am in need for a trimm soon? Also, I kind of look really close to waist! My measurements tell that I need another 2 centimeters, but...I get there!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28241&d=1501506995

You do look close to waist! Visually, I think you could call waist if you wanted to :)

lucid
July 31st, 2017, 08:41 AM
ErinEM - wow, gorgeous hair! :D

ErinEM
July 31st, 2017, 11:02 AM
ErinEM - wow, gorgeous hair! :D

Thanks, lucid! Yours is amazing! So shiny and straight, and such a lovely colour!

lithostoic
July 31st, 2017, 01:15 PM
July 3rd vs July 31st. A little early but I've made a lot of growth, it seems. Scaled the pics as best I could. I really want to call waist.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20452007_1784802551536489_1014095725728870110_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5652395621bb78c5276bc9ce5f4fa9a3&oe=59EFAAC7

draysmir
July 31st, 2017, 01:22 PM
July 3rd vs July 31st. A little early but I've made a lot of growth, it seems. Scaled the pics as best I could. I really want to call waist.

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/20452007_1784802551536489_1014095725728870110_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=5652395621bb78c5276bc9ce5f4fa9a3&oe=59EFAAC7

Nice growth! I think you could call it waist, I personally would probably wait another month though but that's up to you :D

Did you do anything different to your routine in the more recent picture (or just braidwaves)? I like your texture there :)

lithostoic
July 31st, 2017, 01:31 PM
Nice growth! I think you could call it waist, I personally would probably wait another month though but that's up to you :D

Did you do anything different to your routine in the more recent picture (or just braidwaves)? I like your texture there :)

Thank you! I might wait or I might not, awaiting more opinions! First pic was combed completely straight while wet, today's pic is slight braid waves c: I had it in a braid for a few minutes while I ate lunch.

Alexe
August 1st, 2017, 12:47 AM
You do look close to waist! Visually, I think you could call waist if you wanted to :)

Aw, thank you! I think I will wait another month until I can call it solid waist! :)

lithostoic you have had a great growth spurt! Looks like we are lenghth buddies right now! :P

lithostoic
August 1st, 2017, 06:44 AM
Alexe woohoo!

samanthaa
August 1st, 2017, 07:55 AM
Thank you! I might wait or I might not, awaiting more opinions! First pic was combed completely straight while wet, today's pic is slight braid waves c: I had it in a braid for a few minutes while I ate lunch.

Based on the narrowest part of your back, it looks like you're still about +/- 1 inch away. Seems like you may be able to get there within the next month or two.

lithostoic
August 1st, 2017, 03:06 PM
Based on the narrowest part of your back, it looks like you're still about +/- 1 inch away. Seems like you may be able to get there within the next month or two.

That's what I hope! My birthday is at the end of the month and I'd love for it to be there by then.

draysmir
August 2nd, 2017, 12:00 PM
I took my august photo today, and it looks like I'm almost hip now :) I think I should be able to get there by next month, I'll see though. This month's picture was taken on an angle again, but it does still show the length properly at least.

jan-april
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27168&d=1493746554

may-august
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28324&d=1501696231
the top of my pants is lined up with the top of my hips

Siveda
August 2nd, 2017, 01:03 PM
Great progress Draysmir! Love your texture as well.

hobbitlocks
August 2nd, 2017, 01:03 PM
Your hair is so pretty, draysmir! It'll look great at hip, and I agree, you'll be there in no time!

lithostoic
August 2nd, 2017, 02:45 PM
Looking good draysmir!

two_wheels
August 2nd, 2017, 02:59 PM
Lovely progress all round!
I have taken June and July month end pics, but lacking the energy to edit and post them right now. So expect a photobomb session from me one day maybe next month :)

Aunt Rapunzel
August 2nd, 2017, 07:25 PM
Such a great parade of gorgeous hair! :thud: :crush: A couple of comments incoming, but Aunt Rapunzel's soft shine isn't helping me focus (:wigtongue)...>>

:) Thank you so much!

Wow - your hair is stunning, ErinEM and Aunt Rapunzel

Thank you, rachdun!

And thank you, Aunt Rapunzel! You have such gorgeous thick, healthy hair!!

Thank you very much, ErinEM!

rachdun
August 2nd, 2017, 11:35 PM
Looks great, draysmir

Crystawni
August 3rd, 2017, 01:01 AM
Growing well, draysmir, litho and Alexe! Wheelie, you just concentrate on being preggers, will ya, and use this time to relax as much as you can. :sleep:

I gained 1.25cm this month, so am at 94.5cm/37.2", with only 11 days left until TBL according to my growth chart. :popcorn:

http://i.imgur.com/0PyGG48.jpg

Siveda
August 3rd, 2017, 04:28 AM
Crystawni, it's grown so much and looks so good! I also really like the lightened ends, it matches the rest of your hair perfectly.

Crystawni
August 3rd, 2017, 04:40 AM
Crystawni, it's grown so much and looks so good! I also really like the lightened ends, it matches the rest of your hair perfectly.

Thank you, Siveda! :flowers: Nature has a way with colouring, that's for sure.

ErinEM
August 3rd, 2017, 10:53 AM
Gorgeous hair, Crystawni! Such amazing progress since January! =D

rachdun
August 3rd, 2017, 01:03 PM
Your hair looks stunning, Crystawni

JadedByEntropy
August 3rd, 2017, 01:55 PM
I had a mini burst and got back up to 2cm/month which is what i'm used to being more common. I'm on to part two of my year long photo compilation. Feels good. I'm 3" [6cm] away from my 'longest ever' which i should make up by new years. I like doing this actually and will probably start one for next year too as i travel to knee.
https://s4.postimg.org/4uh7svty5/000_2017_comparison.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/uq0yc2vrt/)

Crystawni
August 3rd, 2017, 05:05 PM
:blossom: Thank you, ErinEM and rachdun! :blossom:

JadedByEntropy, yay for great growth and the next half of this year's progress (your blank space fill-up made me grin)! And yay for repurposed dacks (Aussie lingo for pants)! :cool:

draysmir
August 4th, 2017, 05:35 AM
Thank you everyone :happydance:

ErinEM
August 4th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Congrats on the growth, JadedByEntropy! Good luck on your hair goal!

Rebeccalaurenxx
August 4th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Growing well, draysmir, litho and Alexe! Wheelie, you just concentrate on being preggers, will ya, and use this time to relax as much as you can. :sleep:

I gained 1.25cm this month, so am at 94.5cm/37.2", with only 11 days left until TBL according to my growth chart. :popcorn:

http://i.imgur.com/0PyGG48.jpg

I have to say you're so great at this picture thing lol
So I retook the photo for this month.
Last month people said my hair was concealed with the dark shirt. I have this issue where I forget which shirt I am wearing in a progress picture...
From now on! I will wear the same tank top, in white!!! LOL.

Last month:
https://s2.postimg.org/nse30pk89/june_2_2017.jpg
This month:
https://s2.postimg.org/ejbwqlbc9/august_2017.jpg

Crystawni
August 4th, 2017, 05:39 PM
Hehe, thank you Rebeccalaurenxx! And yes, that's heaps better with the white top--your hair is a dream--love it! My poor beach dress I've been wearing for length shots over the past few years is now thin, holey and had it, so only comes out to play once a month for these pics. I think I'll retire it at the end of the year.

hobbitlocks
August 4th, 2017, 07:22 PM
My monthly shot!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28350&d=1501895826

I cropped the picture at tailbone -- I'm closer than I previously thought. If things continue as they have, I imagine I'll be there by the end of the year? Starting next month I may try to take them outside though... the set up I've using in my bathroom has sad lighting.

Rebeccalaurenxx -- your hair looks great! I've found it much more encouraging to take length shots on a contrasting dress because I can actually see the progress.

Crystawni
August 4th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Wow, you are close, hobbitlocks, and I can see you reaching TBL even before the end of the year given your progress since June.

JadedByEntropy
August 4th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Thank you
Crystawni & ErinEM
I'm ahead of my own schedule, but not going to trim!

Zesty
August 6th, 2017, 12:21 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28359&d=1502043402

I had to take my picture a day early since we were going on vacation, but here it is. Obviously the second line of pictures are bigger, boo. I try so hard to keep them the same size, but alas. :rolleyes:

In other news, I'm strongly considering calling TBL. It's just there when I feel for my actual tailbone, as far as I can tell. Does it visually look like it's there? :hmm:

JadedByEntropy
August 6th, 2017, 12:51 PM
I had to take my picture a day early since we were going on vacation, but here it is. Obviously the second line of pictures are bigger, boo. I try so hard to keep them the same size, but alas. :rolleyes:

In other news, I'm strongly considering calling TBL. It's just there when I feel for my actual tailbone, as far as I can tell. Does it visually look like it's there? :hmm:

you've got a ways to go for TBL, one of my favorite lengths. Instead of feeling for it, visually, it's kind of.....not yet to Classic, but does touch the chair (can be a soft chair) when you sit down. you're about 5 black stripes away, i think. its somewhere near wrist. some people count the top of the connected-'tail'-vertebra section of the spine, but thats too confusing for me and too close to BCL to be visually different enough for me to call it something new.

You can do a lot at TBL, buns and braids, and it doesn't have all the challenges of classic just yet. its a good in between length of function and looong.

also, i like your color. its very rich. if its natural your very lucky, and if its not, it looks natural xD haha

iYaap
August 7th, 2017, 04:26 AM
Hi guys! Sorry i'm late!

https://www.mupload.nl/img/i4u81bcgyo1mt.jpg

Dendra
August 7th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Going strong Zesty and iYaap, beautiful hair both of you.

rachdun
August 7th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Beautiful hair, iYaap

draysmir
August 8th, 2017, 07:21 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28359&d=1502043402

I think you're around TBL. :) I think it would be easier tell if you were wearing like jeans or something so your length can be compared to where classic would be on you. It makes it a bit hard to tell with the dress, although it is really nice for seeing your growth with the stripes! If it's there stretched then you can definitely call TBL :D if you waited a month or two though you would be solidly there visually (with the dress) in my opinion, but that's up to you. :)

Reyn127
August 9th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Here's my August picture, taken earlier this morning:
https://s25.postimg.org/bf32m6zgf/Hair_Length_Aug2017.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/m1wvrm7ln/)

I couldn't find the blue jeans I've been wearing for my length shots, but the black pair are the exact same style/cut and size, just black. Also the angle changed slightly when I moved between June/July, so it looks like my length jumped a bit but it really just stayed on track.

saff.cel
August 9th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I couldn't find the blue jeans I've been wearing for my length shots, but the black pair are the exact same style/cut and size, just black. Also the angle changed slightly when I moved between June/July, so it looks like my length jumped a bit but it really just stayed on track.

Wow, Reyn, your hair looks really voluminous this month.... have you been trying something different or do you think it's the weather?

Renora25
August 9th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Hi guys! Sorry i'm late!

https://www.mupload.nl/img/i4u81bcgyo1mt.jpg

Gorgeous! I hope my hair looks as strong as yours at that length!

Zesty
August 9th, 2017, 06:12 PM
also, i like your color. its very rich. if its natural your very lucky, and if its not, it looks natural xD haha
Thank you! It's natural, I am far too lazy to color my hair in any way. And thank you for the detailed response. TBL seems to be so iffy, kind of like BSL. I'm about an inch away from the seat of a chair when sitting, I think. So maybe I'll compromise and call in a month or two.

Going strong Zesty and iYaap, beautiful hair both of you.
Thanks!

I think you're around TBL. :) I think it would be easier tell if you were wearing like jeans or something so your length can be compared to where classic would be on you. It makes it a bit hard to tell with the dress, although it is really nice for seeing your growth with the stripes! If it's there stretched then you can definitely call TBL :D if you waited a month or two though you would be solidly there visually (with the dress) in my opinion, but that's up to you. :)
I'll have to get a picture with jeans or something, or marking classic with my hand. I'm still waffling on calling it, I have counted by the base of the spine in the past and I'm there, but... :shrug: Anyway, thank you for your reply!

Here's my August picture, taken earlier this morning:
Your hair is beautiful! The length and volume are enviable. :)

Reyn127
August 10th, 2017, 06:24 PM
Wow, Reyn, your hair looks really voluminous this month.... have you been trying something different or do you think it's the weather?

Your hair is beautiful! The length and volume are enviable. :)

Thanks guys :) saff.cel, I'm not certain, but I did use some aloe on my scalp during my last wash. Right away even as it was drying I noticed that there was a ton of volume at my roots. So it may have been that, but who really knows!

VersLaLumière
August 11th, 2017, 12:08 PM
So I know I said I wasn't going to keep up with this project anymore, but I changed my mind :p . New pics posted in my profile of the past two months and some before and afters of my six-month trim.

Reyn127
August 11th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Despite the trim, you've gained a lot of length since the beginning of the year! And your ends look really nice and healthy.

Stray_mind
August 13th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Hello, is it too late to join? :)

Crystawni
August 13th, 2017, 06:47 PM
Hello, is it too late to join? :)

Nevah! Well, maybe joining in December is a tad late, but now? Naaaaaaah. Welcome back!

Garnetgem
August 13th, 2017, 08:45 PM
Though i don't post in this thread i always browse as i love to see everyone's progress..your all having great growth!

Stray_mind
August 14th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Nevah! Well, maybe joining in December is a tad late, but now? Naaaaaaah. Welcome back!

Aww, thanks! I love these threads ^^ I'll take a good picture today then. Gotta find a fitting shirt.

Lily90
August 14th, 2017, 01:26 AM
How amazing progress you ladies have! :o

Wavybrunetteuk
August 14th, 2017, 02:05 AM
I think I will join this! I was going to wait until 2018, but if it's okay to start now... I shall! Expect a photo soon!

draysmir
August 14th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Aww, thanks! I love these threads ^^ I'll take a good picture today then. Gotta find a fitting shirt.

I think I will join this! I was going to wait until 2018, but if it's okay to start now... I shall! Expect a photo soon!

Yay, welcome both of you! :D

Wavybrunetteuk
August 15th, 2017, 05:57 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/6mey5r3u5/IMG_6510.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/6mey5r3u5/)

So this is my mid-August photo. It hasn't changed at all in the past month or so... but we'll see. Two inches wavy to my first milestone.

wispe
August 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Finally back to 32" (my longest length ever, which I had reached in June but then trimmed back) and done trimming until December. I'm really excited to think that my end-of-year shot will be the full progression from waist to hip on me (: whoo.

http://i.imgur.com/krD5021.png?1

Crystawni
August 20th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Growing well, wispe! Now for lengths unknown! :disco:

hobbitlocks
August 20th, 2017, 10:03 PM
Nice progress, Wispe!

wispe
August 22nd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Growing well, wispe! Now for lengths unknown! :disco:

Nice progress, Wispe!

Thanks, you two (: :flower:

wo
August 23rd, 2017, 11:59 AM
https://i.imgur.com/rQrdn5R.jpg

ErinEM
August 23rd, 2017, 03:26 PM
Your curls are magnificent, wo! And your hair has gotten noticeably longer since the start of the year! =D

CindyOfTheOaks
August 23rd, 2017, 05:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rQrdn5R.jpg

That's some growth !
I love your curls !

lithostoic
August 23rd, 2017, 05:34 PM
Everyone's doing so nicely! I can't wait to take my pic on the 30th!

draysmir
August 23rd, 2017, 07:40 PM
@lithostoic Agreed, everyone is making lovely progress! If I remember correctly you were really close to waist last month, maybe you'll be fully there by the 30th :)

I'm hoping to be hip unstretched when I take my September monthly photo in about a week or so, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be fully there yet. Maybe by October's photo then, but hopefully sooner :p

wo
August 24th, 2017, 04:32 AM
That's some growth !
I love your curls !

Your curls are magnificent, wo! And your hair has gotten noticeably longer since the start of the year! =D

Thank you!

lithostoic
August 29th, 2017, 04:27 PM
August 29th. I've reached waist! I measure stretched. Hard to see in the pic but my tips are there despite not being completely straight.

https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/21125500_1815124335170977_8519121228073274882_o.jp g?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=7338ca86490f6029a09b7127bef0e30d&oe=5A2025E3

CindyOfTheOaks
August 29th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Yes you have !
Congratulations !

Wavybrunetteuk
August 29th, 2017, 11:23 PM
https://s30.postimg.org/6mey5r3u5/IMG_6510.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/6mey5r3u5/)
Aug 16th
https://s26.postimg.org/3wlqkbgph/IMG_6560.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/3wlqkbgph/)
Aug 30th

Sorry it's not the same shirt, the latter is taken in a public bathroom. ill take the next photo at the end of September :D

ErinEM
August 30th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Yay! Congrats on reaching waist, lithostoic! That's awesome!

And good luck, Wavybrunetteuk! Looking forward to seeing comparison photos as your hair keeps growing!

wispe
August 31st, 2017, 05:02 PM
Lithostoic, your hair is amazing, I love how it looks the longer it gets! Congrats on reaching waist!

Wavybrunetteuk, looking forward to see your progress. Looking good so far (:

Renora25
August 31st, 2017, 05:14 PM
July:
http://i.imgur.com/Bgq7cPn.jpg?1

August:
http://i.imgur.com/bKJ9LFY.jpg?2

September:
http://i.imgur.com/b0UbbpU.jpg?1

Hair is currently doing some weird flippy things at the front. But definitely longer. Also getting so close to shoulder. I am pretty sure it would be if my curls were stretched. But I am trying to call length milestones then they *look* like they have reached it.

Wavybrunetteuk
August 31st, 2017, 09:06 PM
July:

August:

September:

Hair is currently doing some weird flippy things at the front. But definitely longer. Also getting so close to shoulder. I am pretty sure it would be if my curls were stretched. But I am trying to call length milestones then they *look* like they have reached it.

Wow! Your hair grew so much in 1 month!

Wavybrunetteuk
August 31st, 2017, 09:07 PM
July:

August:

September:

Wow! Your hair grew so much in 1 month!

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 04:03 AM
I've decided to wait till today to take my picture... I'll only have four months to grow from today, but i'm still interested in how long my hair will get. :)
I feel like it already grew a bit since i took my first picture on august 13, when i rejoined LHC. At least it Feels a bit longer.

Here is august 13 picture

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0269_zpslujr5q7k.jpg

And this is today's picture. My hair is still a bit damp. And Yes, i did put my shirt on wrong side out. :D :D :D

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_0368_zpsbdlybtjh.jpg

ErinEM
September 1st, 2017, 06:03 AM
Renora25, your hair looks so much longer than it did in July! Also, it looks so nice and thick and healthy. And good for you for waiting to call milestones by their appearance (not stretched). I don't have that patience. XD

Good luck, Stray_mind! And welcome back to LHC! Glad you've joined this thread, too. It's always fun to see photos of how much everyone's hair has grown over the months. Also, I love the colour of your hair! Such a rich reddish-brown. Lovely!

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 06:09 AM
Renora25, your hair looks so much longer than it did in July! Also, it looks so nice and thick and healthy. And good for you for waiting to call milestones by their appearance (not stretched). I don't have that patience. XD

Good luck, Stray_mind! And welcome back to LHC! Glad you've joined this thread, too. It's always fun to see photos of how much everyone's hair has grown over the months. Also, I love the colour of your hair! Such a rich reddish-brown. Lovely!

Thank you! If only i manage to achieve this color or at least a simmilar one with Henndigo..

ErinEM
September 1st, 2017, 07:08 AM
Well. Here's my September photo. I don't know what the length is doing; some parts look longer and some parts look shorter. Blaming it on wave patterns? (This month, it came out of a braid. I seem to be alternating between after-shower and after-braid.) Also, my shirt is pulled down a bit more. But I lined up the top of my head and the bottoms of my fingers with the previous photo, so.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28589&d=1504270690

iYaap
September 1st, 2017, 11:32 AM
Hi guys! Happy first of the ninth month!
Here is my contribution. i am at 86 cm, classic in two years.

ErinEM great pictures and beautiful wavy hair. i can imagine waves are difficult to measure but i see growth!

Kind Regards
Jaap

https://www.mupload.nl/img/7qvdzufdmdlxz.jpg
https://www.mupload.nl/img/c11whp1rcr6pc.jpg

Stray_mind
September 1st, 2017, 11:48 AM
ErinEM-beutiful wave pattern and hair color. I think if you wouldn't have pulled your shirt down, the growth would be more visible. :)

iYaap-lovely hair color and great progress. Are you also growing out hair dye?

iYaap
September 1st, 2017, 12:16 PM
ErinEM-beutiful wave pattern and hair color. I think if you wouldn't have pulled your shirt down, the growth would be more visible. :)

iYaap-lovely hair color and great progress. Are you also growing out hair dye?

Hi Stray_mind (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=55246) Thank you!! i am not really growing out color. Did play with blond spray and chamomile once or twice but mostly i have terrible lighting, it is better in front of a window, and sometimes it seems my hair decolorizes by sun after a while. :-)

ErinEM
September 1st, 2017, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Stray_mind and iYaap!

And iYaap, your hemline is so wonderfully straight and full! Very impressive!!

JadedByEntropy
September 1st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Well. Here's my September photo. I don't know what the length is doing; some parts look longer and some parts look shorter. Blaming it on wave patterns? (This month, it came out of a braid. I seem to be alternating between after-shower and after-braid.) Also, my shirt is pulled down a bit more. But I lined up the top of my head and the bottoms of my fingers with the previous photo, so.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28589&d=1504270690

oooh very pretty!
yes, its so hard to line up these photos! Shirts get pulled and twisted. it probably did grow but its so hard to see because that stripe moved! haha

Shorty89
September 1st, 2017, 06:26 PM
ErinEM: Your hair is gorgeous!

I'm having a really hard time getting a clear and accurate length shot at my new place. It's rather frustrating. I've taken a few, but they all are either fuzzy, have my ends cut off, or my ends are flipping in weird ways. I'll try again later.

Crystawni
September 1st, 2017, 11:58 PM
I'm coming in a day early as tomorrow is Father's Day here, so I'll be otherwise occupied. :p This month I made it to tailbone length half way through, and gained 1.5cm all up to now be 96cm/37.8".

https://i.imgur.com/jw7CT5S.jpg

Renora25
September 2nd, 2017, 04:43 AM

Thank you! It is still really tempting to call them, but for my sanity and success, I have realized that being TOO focused on length and measuring is no good. I am trying the benign neglect thing this growth cycle and my mental health is really benefiting from it. :)

draysmir
September 2nd, 2017, 10:43 AM
Crystawni Your hair grows so fast!

I took my September photo today, it looks about the same length as last month but I think it might just be the angle (again :p). I was hoping to call hip length for September, but it's not quite there unstretched, so I'll probably call it in October. I'm trimming 1/4" next month, but hopefully I'll still reach hip unstretched, I'm soo close! :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28324&d=1501696231

https://i.imgur.com/24vEJek.jpg

the last few photos I have lined up the top of my pants roughly with the top of my hips. :)

likelikepenny
September 2nd, 2017, 12:22 PM
So I have tried and tried to take a picture for august, but my curls decide to bounce up and not cooperate, even though I know it's grown.

To prove this to myself, I decided to compare from May to now in lieu of a backwards facing shot. I realize its not the best comparison but hopefully you get the idea. Perhaps I'll have more luck this month.....

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4365/36148177664_3699035486_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X5hRQu)

Dendra
September 2nd, 2017, 05:10 PM
So I have tried and tried to take a picture for august, but my curls decide to bounce up and not cooperate, even though I know it's grown.

To prove this to myself, I decided to compare from May to now in lieu of a backwards facing shot. I realize its not the best comparison but hopefully you get the idea. Perhaps I'll have more luck this month.....

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4365/36148177664_3699035486_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/X5hRQu)

Your hair has definitely visibly grown, it looks so beautiful and thicker too :)

Crystawni wow your growth has been great and your waves are lovely.

draysmir silk ahoy!

iYaap your hair always looks incredible and strong and this month is no exception.

Crystawni
September 2nd, 2017, 11:02 PM
Oh, so close, you almost-hipster-you, draysmir!

Penny, your hair has grown beautifully over the months! And I love your cute pics!

Dendra, thank you! :flowers:

I've been hanging for my triannual hemline snip but wanted to reach a little beyond TBL first, so finally did the deed last night which means all that growth from last month is now goneskies. :wethree: Onwards and downwards!

likelikepenny
September 3rd, 2017, 05:26 AM
Your hair has definitely visibly grown, it looks so beautiful and thicker too :)

Thank you! I'm very happy that the thickness is travelling down and I'm getting a hang of styling. :)

Penny, your hair has grown beautifully over the months! And I love your cute pics!

:bounce: Thank you Crystawni!

ErinEM
September 3rd, 2017, 06:13 AM
Thank you, JadedByEntropy and Shorty89!

Looking forward to seeing photos, Shorty89! (Your photography frustrations sound all too familiar! Best of luck!)

Crystawni, once again, your hair is amazingly beautiful, and it's getting so long!! Congrats on TBL! (And wishing the dads you know a happy Father's Day there!)

Renora25, that is excellent advice. =] I have to keep reminding myself not to be too focused on length, too, and let my hair do what it will do.

draysmir, you're soooo close! It looks like hip visually, even though it's not quite to the waistband of your trousers.

likelikepenny, yes, your hair has definitely grown since May. Gorgeous curls!

likelikepenny
September 3rd, 2017, 06:22 AM
likelikepenny, yes, your hair has definitely grown since May. Gorgeous curls!

Thank you ErinEM!

JadedByEntropy
September 3rd, 2017, 07:27 AM
https://s26.postimg.org/6kcowlfbt/000_2017_comparison.jpg (https://postimg.org/image/milemq9jp/)

ErinEM
September 3rd, 2017, 09:19 AM
JadedByEntropy, your hair is getting so long! The waves this month look really pretty, and I like the effect of the new (found) dye you've put in!

Aunt Rapunzel
September 3rd, 2017, 06:09 PM
Oh my goodness, all of the beautiful hair in the past couple of pages!!

draysmir, that's a nice growth spurt you're having! Wow!

ErinM, your hair is so beautiful! I love the length and the waves!

iYaap, your hair has grown so much since the earliest picture in your post!

Crystawni, your waves are gorgeous!

And here we go....this month's growth - definitely not as fast-growing as it was in June! Haha! But that's okay. I'm ALMOST at hip, and I'd been hoping for hip by Christmas! So I'm not complaining!

http://i.imgur.com/3migIzo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yzA4RBP.jpg

JadedByEntropy
September 3rd, 2017, 10:53 PM
Thank you ErinEM
I try to help out my natural waves (like January) with braids to give them directions to go. It shrinks a bit, but I like the flair since I mostly wear it down. :) I had one last leftover dye from my coloring days and want to grow out the virgin roots still, so I just did the ends. I've done dip dyes for a long time but I'm glad (relieved?) that the dark ends look okay :) :flower:

ErinEM
September 4th, 2017, 11:06 AM
Oooh, Aunt Rapunzel, your hair is so thick and lovely! And thanks for the compliments—I love the waves in your hair, too!!

JadedByEntropy, a dip-dye looks like a good compromise, when you want to grow out your roots! And it's nice how the darker tone seems to blend gradually with the old dye and your actual hair colour.

Denisa
September 4th, 2017, 11:27 AM
All them beautiful hair 😍 you're so good that you are able to take monthly pic 😊 I look at my hair every 3 weeks when the "I want long hair" mood kicks in 😁 I'm growing out my natural hair colour last year it was ear length and now it's shoulder/collarbone length is it possible to grow (how I call it) boobs length on June 2018? I also want to start using Faith in nature shampoo which claims to be natural and cruelty free 😊 my hair are "silky" And I feel like regural shampoos makes them greasy sooner I still try to wash my hair on 3rd day but wish to make it to every 4th or 5th but as I said it's not possible with regular shampoo for me 😟

draysmir
September 4th, 2017, 05:02 PM
draysmir silk ahoy!

Oh, so close, you almost-hipster-you, draysmir!

I've been hanging for my triannual hemline snip but wanted to reach a little beyond TBL first, so finally did the deed last night which means all that growth from last month is now goneskies. :wethree: Onwards and downwards!

So close, but not quite there :p I hope enjoyed the trim, it's nice you're still at TBL :)

draysmir, you're soooo close! It looks like hip visually, even though it's not quite to the waistband of your trousers.

Does it? I can't tell :p My hair is only about 31"- 31.5" right now, so to me it looks a bit short for hip length compared to other people's hip length.

draysmir, that's a nice growth spurt you're having! Wow!

And here we go....this month's growth - definitely not as fast-growing as it was in June! Haha! But that's okay. I'm ALMOST at hip, and I'd been hoping for hip by Christmas! So I'm not complaining!

http://i.imgur.com/3migIzo.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yzA4RBP.jpg

My hair actually grows at an average rate! I'm trimming a bit less recently though :)

I think we're at the same length! I was hoping for hip by Christmas as well, and I'll probably call it next month so I'll be there a couple months earlier than I was hoping at the beginning of the year :)

Mrstran
September 5th, 2017, 08:31 AM
Ok my bra is sitting a bit lower this month ??? But here it is anyway. http://i67.tinypic.com/2j4oll0.jpg

...yeah I know. Bad sunburn in August :rolleyes: I'm wondering if I'm at MBL yet, or at least near. Maybe wait a few more months.

draysmir
September 5th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Ok my bra is sitting a bit lower this month ??? But here it is anyway. http://i67.tinypic.com/2j4oll0.jpg

...yeah I know. Bad sunburn in August :rolleyes: I'm wondering if I'm at MBL yet, or at least near. Maybe wait a few more months.

Nice progress! You look close to MBL to me :)

Denisa
September 5th, 2017, 11:31 AM

You have got totally gorgeous hair! Do you dye your hair? Can I ask from what length are you growing it out? Thank you for answer :)

Ondine11
September 5th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone!!! I've been too busy to check in, of late. Our first grandchild was born on July 31, so, we've been busy discovering the joys of being grandparents. I DID take my monthly update photos on Aug.25 as scheduled. Here they are! Got some good length coming in, & the hemline is filling in. The new growth is now a good 6" long throughout my head, so, it looks fuller overall. When I get to trim on Dec 31, I'm hoping to see a fuller hemline (one of my hair holy grail goals). Here goes!

http://i68.tinypic.com/4h4fmg.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/impkzb.jpg http://i67.tinypic.com/2wgxjpy.jpg http://i66.tinypic.com/1zyyap.jpg

Zesty
September 6th, 2017, 11:20 AM
Everyone is making great progress! I missed my usual photo day, hoping to get it done this afternoon. Better late than never?

Shorty89
September 6th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Mrstran, did you dye your hair? It looks a lot darker in your more recent photos.

Here are my (belated) photos. I had trouble finding a good spot in the new place (and I couldn't find my shirt). I didn't realize that the shirt was hiked up until I uploaded the image. Oops! I'm still at TB after my monthly trim.

https://i.imgur.com/lhmdB22.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P7ZtJsC.jpg

Looking at the pictures again, I might have accidentally stretched the picture in the compilation.

Crystawni
September 6th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Great growing, everyone! I love how good all the beautiful heads of hair look as they head south. It's like a magazine shoot in here with the best of the best!

Crystawni, once again, your hair is amazingly beautiful, and it's getting so long!! Congrats on TBL! (And wishing the dads you know a happy Father's Day there!)

Crystawni, your waves are gorgeous!

So close, but not quite there :p I hope enjoyed the trim, it's nice you're still at TBL :)

:flowers: Thank you, growbuddies! Dadski wishes were passed along! As for my hair post-trim, it feels like it could do with more off the ends to thicken it up and also keep tangles at bay, but that'll have to happen over time as I'm enjoying the length and boing of buncurls, too.

Wavybrunetteuk
September 6th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Perhaps too early to ask, but for next year's monthly length photo project, do we have to be growing our hair longer to take part? I'm hoping to reach MBL by December and I'd like to spend next year mainly maintaining my hair and thickening my hemline. So can I post photos of my progress there? Or does it belong in the "maintaining" thread?

Crystawni
September 6th, 2017, 09:33 PM
Progress is progress, which is not always length gains. :D I'd like to think this thread is about showing how we attain length, which encompasses all the steps along the way.

Shorty89
September 6th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Perhaps too early to ask, but for next year's monthly length photo project, do we have to be growing our hair longer to take part? I'm hoping to reach MBL by December and I'd like to spend next year mainly maintaining my hair and thickening my hemline. So can I post photos of my progress there? Or does it belong in the "maintaining" thread?

I'm currently maintaining and I'm still posting here. :)

Wavybrunetteuk
September 6th, 2017, 10:04 PM
I'm currently maintaining and I'm still posting here. :)

awesome! Thank you! If you don't mind I might stalk your photos as I'm interested in your progress :O

diddiedaisy
September 7th, 2017, 01:21 AM
I'm a stalker here too!!! It's a great thread at the this time of year and I'm always astounded at the progress everyone has made since January. :)

Wavybrunetteuk
September 7th, 2017, 02:28 AM
I'm a stalker here too!!! It's a great thread at the this time of year and I'm always astounded at the progress everyone has made since January. :)

Exactly! It's very inspiring!

draysmir
September 7th, 2017, 04:33 AM

I would say post your pictures in both threads! I think the pictures will be relevant to both :)

As a side note you are totally welcome to join this years thread as well if you haven't already! And I love seeing progress pictures with people maintaining, watching the thickness travel down is just as exciting as the length travelling down :p

Mrstran
September 7th, 2017, 08:18 AM
You have got totally gorgeous hair! Do you dye your hair? Can I ask from what length are you growing it out? Thank you for answer :)

Hi Denisa! I was doing a temporary dark brown to cover my bleached hair and natural roots, but only for a wedding I was in. I've been growing it out from CBL. After 5 bleachings it was a huge mess, I had to chop off my old BSL hair because of it. Never again! lol This is a pic of Day 1 when I started last October. :) please ignore my uneven ends, I cut it myself with dull house scissors. ( inexperienced newb!) Ended up going and getting it professionally cut just after this. Only lost 1cm.

http://i65.tinypic.com/kdwln5.jpg

I'm so sorry this pic turned out huge. I don't know why it is this time, but I can't get it smaller. Sorry again.

Mrstran
September 7th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Thank you draysmir!

I would have put this post with my other one but it never works. It ends in a word knot. I still can't get it to work. :slap:

Atarah
September 7th, 2017, 08:29 AM
I've been too busy to get a picture the last couple months, but finally had a moment yesterday. Here's a year and a half of growth, with a couple trims.
Late Feb 2016 and early Sept 2017. Not quite the same size pictures, but close.

https://s20.postimg.org/lzolqn8st/005_22_Feb_3.jpghttps://s20.postimg.org/iu400fq6l/022_6_Sept_2017.jpg

Wavybrunetteuk
September 7th, 2017, 08:31 AM
I've been too busy to get a picture the last couple months, but finally had a moment yesterday. Here's a year and a half of growth, with a couple trims.

Just wow! So much growth!

Mrstran
September 7th, 2017, 08:43 AM

https://s20.postimg.org/lzolqn8st/005_22_Feb_3.jpghttps://s20.postimg.org/iu400fq6l/022_6_Sept_2017.jpg

I love how healthy and shiny your hair is. Beautiful and flowing! :blossom:

Atarah
September 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Thank you wavybrunetteuk and mrstran! It didn't seem as though it had grown all that much and I was getting a bit discouraged from trimming to even the hemline a bit, so last night I dug through the old pictures and, aha!, it has grown. Not quite waist to past hip. : )

Shorty89
September 7th, 2017, 11:07 AM
awesome! Thank you! If you don't mind I might stalk your photos as I'm interested in your progress :O

Aw, thanks. I've been keeping track of my thickness down the length, and it's slowly increasing.

Dendra
September 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM
Amazing growth Atarah, it looks like it was a piece of cake for you! :)

Zesty
September 7th, 2017, 06:28 PM

A little late, but here's mine:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=28640&d=1504830361

Too lazy to add it to the collage. Also, I'm starting to need a trim, but I'm trying to hold out until January.

Ondine11
September 7th, 2017, 08:00 PM

Wow! The difference in length & fullness is dramatic. Your hard work is paying off!

likelikepenny
September 8th, 2017, 05:22 AM
Wow! The difference in length & fullness is dramatic. Your hard work is paying off!

Thank you! Curls can be discouraging at times but I'm happy my hair is getting longer and healthier.