PDA

View Full Version : Hmm. Is it SD, dry scalp or psoriasis

Darkhorse1
October 21st, 2008, 07:58 PM
Weird. I was doing to searching on line, and the scaley stuff on my scalp doesn't seem to fit SD. Normally, my dandruff is the flakes with greasyness. now, it's crusty/flaky with no oil in it.

So, is this just dry scalp or could it be psoriasis. I see my doc in a few weeks, so I'll know the answer, but I'm not sure what products to use for washing until then. I'm leaning towards using a zinc based product until then. My pharmasist said zinc cures most skin problems.

Anyone have any product suggestions whilst I wait? It's really not bothering me at all (not itchy). I just have to be very conscious of NOT picky. I'm SOO bad at that!

Sammybunny711
October 30th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I have psoriasis and mine is the flaky ITCHY kind. I pull my scales off all the time and it is killing me! I have had it since I was younger, but it has definitely gotten worse over the years. I really want my hair to be as healthy as possible but I know my scalp needs to be healthy too! I tried head and shoulders, zinc shampoo, and stuff. The only stuff that works is this Olux foam stuff I apply on my problem spots but I am afraid that this will stunt my hair growth. I am a little afraid to try the monastat... what about you?