PDA

View Full Version : Long Haired Knights

FullofGrace
December 11th, 2016, 07:20 AM
As a newbie I was just looking to find out the background of all your signatures with various names with of Long Haired Knights. Is it from anything outside of here or specific to LHC? Do you make up your own and if you do do you care to elaborate on what made you choose your specific signature? I think all the names are super adorable and would love some feedback from those using them. :blossom:

Entangled
December 11th, 2016, 07:52 AM
One more quality post and you will be able to view the friendship board, I believe. That's where all of the action is. It's a kind of fun game, but mostly you so you can have something fun to put your signature.

Arctic
December 11th, 2016, 08:22 AM
The Order of the Long Haired Knights :)

This has long tradition, I believe it was first started before I joined over 9 years ago, by one of our members (whose name escapes me, she is no longer active here. Chrissy something maybe?). She gave a name for anyone who wanted it, but at some point it dwindled down. And there was this huge, long lasting forum crash at 2008, so you can't see the history anymore. Anyway, the Order was started here at the new forums (new! ha ha! See how oldie I am! New because it was relaunched at 2008 :laugh:) again and the bottomlessly creative well that is our beloved member, Seeress Nightshade, started to give titles, knighthoods and ladyships to anyone who wanted - and as you can see, quite a few have wanted over the years.

You are very welcome to invent your own title/name too, but the tradition is still to ask Nightshade to confirm it. You can find the thread at the Friendship sub-forum after you get 25 + posts, like Entangled said. The thread is fun to read and those who can, usually speaketh with the olde English of yore.

FullofGrace
December 11th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Thank you, that's very cute. And I find that although I want to be amazed that there are so many people who have been here so long, it makes total sense, since it takes so long to grow long hair and hard to find real life people to support that progress.

Arctic
December 11th, 2016, 09:32 AM
You are welcome :)

Not all of us old timers are here anymore to seek hair growing support or tips; we have stayed because this is a lovely, friendly place and we enjoy the company.

Erinliz
December 11th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Thanks for asking this, and for the explanations. I was wondering the same thing myself! Very sweet tradition. :) I can certainly see why people hang around here long term. This forum is probably the most patient and accepting to newbies that I have ever seen.

dreadheadstory
December 11th, 2016, 10:24 AM
Depends and varies

Nightshade
December 11th, 2016, 02:20 PM
You are welcome :)

Not all of us old timers are here anymore to seek hair growing support or tips; we have stayed because this is a lovely, friendly place and we enjoy the company.

Also, we're an odd lot. So we hang out with all the rest of the oddballs XD

NimbleNut
December 11th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Thank you for asking this-I was curious as well!

truepeacenik
December 11th, 2016, 06:33 PM
Links? Anyone?

Crystawni
December 11th, 2016, 10:25 PM
*conjures olde worlde linkee from ye depths of subscribed threads*
:magic:

*Click (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222)*

:)

Zindell
December 12th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Do you make up your own and if you do do you care to elaborate on what made you choose your specific signature? I think all the names are super adorable and would love some feedback from those using them. :blossom:

Feedback from my knighthood (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222&p=384362&viewfull=1#post384362) then;

Seeress Nighshade bestowed the title "Lady Sjöfn of the Healing Heart" to me which I think fits quite well since I'm scandinavian and also rather heal than harm. I myself added "Warden of Silver and Gold" to the title, since I will always defend and protect my hair both when it's golden and in the future when/if it'll turn silver. :o

Welcome to TLHC FullofGrace! :grouphug:

FullofGrace
December 13th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Zindell, I like that yours is a combo of traditional seeress assigned with a personal addition. Thank you for sharing.

FennFire911
December 13th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Hhmmm, I wouldn't mind a Long Haired Knights name once my hair is long enough to qualify. I'm close to waist, will I be long enough to ask kind of soon? :)

mermaid lullaby
December 13th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Hhmmm, I wouldn't mind a Long Haired Knights name once my hair is long enough to qualify. I'm close to waist, will I be long enough to ask kind of soon? :)

There is no minimum hair length to qualify. Good thread! I didn't know about the history either.